[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Rainbow Power gone then? I thought it became an inherent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Attack.png (1MB, 1920x793px) Image search: [Google]
Attack.png
1MB, 1920x793px
So is Rainbow Power gone then?

I thought it became an inherent ability the Main 6 gained, almost like the Elements lived inside them for use at any time.
But in the movie all battles seem to be fought physically, and there seems to be no indication of the power of the Elements.

If it's gone, then what was the Box about? A one time use against Tirek? What if the Box had opened at a different time, would the power have manifested regardless?
>>
Good. Rainbow power was stupid to begin with.

And of course it won't be in the movie, they want to make it accessible to people who haven't seen the show, so having stuff that requires you see the show would alienate much of the audience.
>>
>>30415665

The rainbow power turned into the castle and the map.
>>
It's going to be shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1919x809px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1919x809px
>>30415665
Rainbow power's been gone for a long time man. Its why they have to rely on Glimmer to solve things.

I'm HOPING that the mane six will get to do something, but based on this image (an exhausted twilight holding storm king's staff while the others come up to congratulate her), I'm pretty sure its going to be "alicorns save the day" kind of thing.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>30415685
But the point is it just gone now? Since Tirek, Rainbow Power has only been seen in the dream realm.
>>30415701
>>30415741
Rainbow Power did wear off just after the Castle appeared, but who's to say it was completely gone? Since Tirek there's been no real threat for the Elements to handle.

If Rainbow Power is gone, then whow come it was only a 1 time thing? Couldn't that Box have opened at a different time, when perhaps there was no danger? What would happen then?
The Box seemed like it linked the Elements back to their bearers, they did seem to use their power, where would it go?
>>
>>30415665
It was always gone. I think you can see the problem if it was a permanent thing. Everything would be ez mode, moreso than with the elements.
>>
>>30415772
>Since Tirek there's been no real threat for the Elements to handle.
>What is chrysalis shitkicking in the mane six off screen and kidnapping them all.
>>
>>30415786
My bad, wrong phrasing.
There's been no opportunity for them. Yeah, Rainbow Power would have helped against Chrysalis, just as the Elements would have against her the first time but in both instances they never got a chance to actually use them. Chrysalis took a stealth approach, it's not like she confronted the Main 6
>>
>>30415797
well just wait for the finale then, the australians will probably release it in a month or 2 at the rate they're going, well before the movie. I 100% guarantee there will be no rainbow power in that.

On another note, can guarantee there won't be any power up macguffins for the six in the movie either or else we'd have toys of it. Probably just twilight using a deus ex machina artifact to beat the guy without any bling like the EOH.
>>
>>30415776
But where has it gone? What would make it a 1 time thing? Sort of related to the latter half of this post >>30415772

>>30415828
I don't know the premise of the finale and don't want to know muh spoilers, but it's still possible that there's no actual opportunity for Rainbow Power in it.

There was a short thread a bit ago that discussed it
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30068112/#30070671

But the trailer seems to suggest Rainbow Power isn't a thing anymore which changes discussions. A fair few in the thread figured it became an inherent ability
>>
>>30415882
There's going to be a giant evil alicorn.

>>30415882
>What would make it a 1 time thing?
Got used up to make the castle.
>>
>>30415665
Why is the new movie-art promoted app with the theme of rainbow power if they aren't using it?
>>
>>30415665
>In early August 2015, Jim Miller was asked "Can rainbow power be reused anytime in the real world, like it was used in Luna's dream, or was it just a one time thing?" and replied "I think I'll keep that to my self for the time being, in case we use it in a future story."[11]
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Magic#rainbowpower
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/630205436826882048
>>
>>30415927
Pics? I don't remember any rainbow themed stuff for the movie.
>>
File: 76f[2].gif (769KB, 251x267px) Image search: [Google]
76f[2].gif
769KB, 251x267px
>>30415914
Why you gotta ruin it for me anon.

>Got used up to make the castle.
I don't get whst you mean by this. The Castle was made as Rainbow Power was still active. It wore off just after, sure.
But how does that relate to the Power in the Box being a 1 time use? Like I said, were the Box to be opened at a different time, what would happen then? No power up and just the Castle?

How is the building of the Castle linked to the supposed inherent ability of Rainbow Power?
>>
>>30415952
So basically "its gone, but I don't want to officially say that in case I need to bring it out again"
>>
Surely the fact the Mane 6 aren't using it in the movie suggests it's gone
>>
>>30415665
Rainbow power was one last gift to the people dumb enough to think the elements of harmony were a good idea.
>>
>>30416477
there's going to be an EOH stand in in the movie, mark my words.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 750x838px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 750x838px
>>30415960
It's just a new game app but the icon uses the movie art.
>>
>>30416853
That's not Rainbow Power?
>>
>>30415665
The new staff is horrbiel at making a show, one-off-Satan.
>>
>>30418687
>horrbiel
>>
>>30417546
It is. I have it, the powerup is to go rainbow power.
>>
>>30416853
Dude, that's not a movie tie in. The company that made that game and the previous MLP game are literal budget tier for production and are just some people that hasbro licensed the trademark to for ultra cheap ass games.

That company used rainbow power as a theme for their game because they take about 5 seconds to look over MLP for stuff to make their games about, hence why the previous game they made had the ponies trying to reconstruct an "Ancient and magical stained glass window!" of the mane six.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.