[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Celestia and Luna goddesses. They are not gods in the abrahamic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: MLP-FiM-Goddess_Celestia.jpg (27KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
MLP-FiM-Goddess_Celestia.jpg
27KB, 480x270px
Celestia and Luna goddesses. They are not gods in the abrahamic sense. They follow the rules of the old greek gods. They are not indestructible. As such they can still be brought down. Up to this point they have only been defeated by other deities like Chrysalis, Tirek, Discord, etc.

>inb4 tree of harmony
The tree of harmony posseses power. Power which would more than qualify it to be a deity in of itself.
>>
File: 1486971727591.png (345KB, 727x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486971727591.png
345KB, 727x720px
>>30408592
>greek gods
So they like vomitoriums and fucking little boys?

Neat.
>>
File: 1448256.png (917KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1448256.png
917KB, 1440x1920px
>>30408596
Given the fact that they're immortal and have been around for more than a thousand years, they probably don't put as much importance into age as normal pones do.
>>
File: cuck LUL.jpg (197KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
cuck LUL.jpg
197KB, 1280x960px
>greek gods
So... incest is wincest?
>>
>>30408626
ha xd
>>
>>30408592
Shit thread. Kill urself
>>
>>30408673
Learn to sage, newfag.
>>
>>30408592
Stop shitting up the board
>>
>>30408592
Fucking spam. Go back to your cuckshed faggot
>>
File: 1267614.gif (402KB, 236x286px) Image search: [Google]
1267614.gif
402KB, 236x286px
>All those butthurt Christfags
>>
>>30408697
Why would they be butthurt?
>>
>>30408684
It could've been worse, he could've posted the nth variation of "gyehehe xDDD here is wat kind of bewbs the humane 6 would have lol"
>>
>>30408707
No. This shit is just as bad. Celestia fags ruined the board with their shit threads. What brought them from under their little rocks anyway?
>>
>>30408592
Celestiafags are shitting up the board.
>>
>>30408705
Because
>Muh bible 'n' shit
Jewish god really does not go along with the equestrian world, Celestia is referred as godness but she is god among mortals, just how it should be and every horned pony can be a god too if he work hard enough, just like Twilight.
>>
>>30408714
>>30408728
>ree sunfags
>again
You do see mention of Luna in the OP, too, right
>>
>>30408753
>just like Twilight
Wrong. Twilight is good at magic because her special talent is magic itself, rather than, say, being good at reading books, like any normal unicorn.

DYEWTS?
>>
Daily reminder that the Kwisatz Haderach was Tidus
>>
>>30408753
But it's separate from real life canon. I'm sure christfags can differentiate.

t. Christfag
>>
>>30408766
So is going to Equestria to be with your waifu OK as an afterlife choice in your religion?

I was raised atheistic, I've never really had much exposure to the Christian religion.
>>
>>30408772
probably
>>
>>30408785
Excellent.

I might actually go to a confession just to anonymously ask the priest if loving my waifu is ok. If it is, I'm hopping on that Jesus gravy train. If not, I'l say optimistic that whatever cruel being rules over us will grant me life with my waifu for being such a good goy.
>>
>>30408785
Aren't bestiality, magic and sex for pleasure deadly sins?
>>
>>30408793
Your waifu doesn't have to be a cocksleeve
>>
File: 1453020208759.gif (289KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1453020208759.gif
289KB, 400x293px
>OP compares Celestia and Luna to greek deities
>"REEEE stop ruining the board!!"

What the hell...?
>>
>>30408837
Today's /mlp/ hates to discuss things and ideas, only cyoa's and generals are accepted.
>>
>>30408837
How are people going to write greens about Anon falling in love with ponies? How is this a fetish general? Show discussion doesn't belong on /mlp/.

But for the record Celestia was also defeated by a bad storm in the Crystal Kingdom, and she instantly gave up as soon as she ran into Daybreaker in a dream. Celestia's sort of a quitter and a loser.
>>
>>30408622
We've only ever seen Celestia be Immortal. As far as we know Cadance is mortal and Luna is only ageless cause she was magically imprisoned in the moon.
>>
File: 1076975.jpg (72KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
1076975.jpg
72KB, 850x480px
>>30408849
Celestia is basically the Worf of MLP.

Her main purpose is to show how dangerous something is instead of taking charge and solving said problem.
Which gets tiresome to look at pretty quickly.
>>
>>30408849
I don't think that was an ordinary storm. Otherwise, a few weatherpony teams could have cleared it up.
>>
>>30408592
On the other hand, in a modern fantasy sense they're strong magicians (well, at least the younger one is, anyways) and notable individuals.

Personally I'd say such definitions are far more meaningful to use, because Equestria is so far detached from both real life and old Greek mythology that, as you say, a fucking TREE can qualify as a powerful deity by those definitions.
It is very much a fantasy setting though, and adheres to many fantasy themes and tropes. Much closer to modern fantasy than epics and myths.
>>
>>30408859
I think it's fair to assume Luna is immortal too. She's literally Celestia's sister and we know for a fact she's been around for equally as long.

Cadance (and Twilight) can be debated, though.
>>
>>30408877
It was a storm of bad writing and boring plot contrivances, is what it was. The entire point of it was for Celestia to fail to fix it so the audience would know the storm is a BIG DEAL, even though Celestia has never succeeded at or accomplished anything in all her screen time.
>>
>>30408877

The Crystal Empire is so far North it's practically IN the Frozen North, and they use magical barriers to keep the weather at bay. That's Windigo country.
>>
File: want-it-need-it.png (399KB, 993x559px) Image search: [Google]
want-it-need-it.png
399KB, 993x559px
>>30408897
We seen her do ONE thing that was pretty nice and indicative of her power.

Fix Twilight's mess after mindfucking the entire town.

Granted, that's not a lot compared to all the other shit that has happened throughout the show, but still...
>>
The old gods.
>Unicorns
The Unicorns worshiped the Sun and Moon and Consolations. Celestia and Luna are layovers from their old faith. Celestia has set herself up as a sovereign to gain the most worship from pony kind, complete with her own Holy Day (Summer sun celebration). Luna used to have her own day and worshipers but after 1000 years of people not really believing she has not belief and is essentially mortal. Another layover from the old Unicorn gods is the Ursa Minor and Major, who used to be considered powerful gods but after Mother Celestia cam along and organised the religion, they were all tuned in to beasts. There were a couple other goddesses that mentioning, The Six Star constellation who is currently incarnated as T. Sparks and the The stared constellation that is Rairs. Rarity is mortal because she has no worshipers, though she is powerful for peoples admiration of her work. Twilight is powerful, and people look up to her because she is a princess, but she is also only mortal.
>>
>>30408977
>Pegusi
The Pegs had an entire pantheon of gods, All of them birds. There was The Eagle, queen of the sky and giver of laws to pegs. The Peacock, husband of the eagle and god of stallion-kind. The Hawk, God of war. The Dove, god of love. The Owl, god of wisdom. So on and so on. According to myth they gave the Pegs flight and the ability to move clouds. Dash, Flutters, n Candy are all reincarnations of these bird gods. Dash is the Sparrow, the goddess of flight, speed and victory, and Flutters is the Hummingbird, goddess of flowers, spring, and the creatures that scurry. Candy is a goddess to, not cause she's an alicorn, before that she was a pagusus and the reincarnation of the Dove. Dashy, Flutt and Candy are all mortal though, they have no worshipers. Dash is slightly more durable and able to bend reality around her cause she has her own fan club, she's too stupid to realize this though. Candy is vary powerful as well, but she thinks it's cause shes an alicorn. Flutter has no worship so she's mortal.
>>
>>30408982
>Earth Ponies
The mud walkers once worshiped the Tree of Life, origin of all things and guardian of the earth. It's current incarnation is Bloomberg the tree in Appaloosa. Beyond that the earthers had three other major deities. The Lady of Spring, Goddess of the spring time, rebirth and revelries. In the new age the lady is Pink Ponk, who is mostly mortal but gets away with cartoon shenanigans because she's also mostly not. There's The Great Horse, goddess of the harvest and sender of labors. She is Applejack, who is completely mortal, she ain't got no worship and she doesn't need it, she has work to do anyway, can't with all this god BS. Then there is the World Worm, the devourrer and bringer of the end, Used to be a highly revered god, Earth ponies would sacrifice to it ever time they'd find worms in their apples because there's nothing scarier then an entire crop being worm food. Then pesticides were invented and the World Worm was forgotten. It's still around, digging through the earth and eating things that wander too close to it, but it's not self aware anymore. Vary sad
>>
>>30409050
The New God
>The Tree of Harmony and the Elements
The Tree, the elements, and the magic of Friendship is the new god, Sorry Celestia. The best part, the New god is just a force of nature with messengers, like the Jew god. And the messengers are just the old gods with a fresh coat of paint. Just like in the real world, gods never really die, they just changer overtime and take on new roles and shapes to fit modern audiences. Harmony, and The Magic of Friendship are sacrificed to all the time, not with blood, but just by people believing in it, and why wouldn't they, Friendship has saved the world a shit load of times, that's pretty fucking powerful.
>>
>>30408592
I always just figured they were just empowered by someone else or were the lastborn of some sort of stronger equine precursor whose genes have been diluted in the greater populace, not literal gods of some sort.
Likewise Tirek, Chrysalis and such are probably similar.
Discord's just an elemental so he's probably not a god either.
>>
>>30408892
Personally I think all 4 of them were ascended via some means, and the resulting Alicorn's power depends on how much is used to make them. Celestia and Luba are greator alicorns and thus immortal. Cadance and Twilight are lesser alicorns and are not.
>>
>>30409103
>Griffons
Cat birds have no gods, but they do have a slew of heroes and mythical figures. King Grover is the closest thing the Griffons have to something they believe although he hasn't been believed in for a long time, that is until Pink and Dash came to Griffonstone and heard the the legend of the Gold thing I forgot the name of. Then, as is the rule of gods, an incarnation of King Grover popped in to existence. He's out there somewhere, probably griffting.

>Dragons
The Dragons original god is the Metallic Dragon, origin of metal, gems, speed, noise, and fire. Whoever hold the bloodstone scepter holds the the power of the Metallic Dragon. Because of this, the scepter has to change hands according to dragon law so none of the dragons become permanently immortal

>Changlings
The Queen, whoever leads the hive is god, as such the hive lord is immortal.

>Crystal Ponies
They believe that that the Crystal Heart existed before all creation and gave life to the ice of the frozen north which became the Crystal Ponies. They absolutely worship the Crystal heart, but not for the reasons they used to, they long ago stopped viewing the heart as their god and just as a powerful magical artifact. Still the heart is immortal, obviously.
>>
>>30409847
What's even the point of this, when you're so blatantly disregarding established canon?
>>
>>30409981
explain
>>
>>30410104
I'm curious what the point behind these
>>30408977
>>30408982
>>30409050
>>30409103
>>30409847
posts are. They don't seem to add anything of value to the thread at first glance, and come across as random statements ripped from some Equestria-inspired setting akin to Ponyfinder more than anything.
Yet whoever is writing this is clearly putting a bit of effort into it.
>>
>>30410158
Maybe they were just inspired and wanted to share?
>>
Is this a /loregeneral/ thread now?
>>
>>30410182
Maybe the Anon can answer for himself? He's clearly lurking.
>>
>>30410253
No, this is a thread.
>>
>>30410158
There is no evidence of the existence of any kind of religion in Equestria.
All those posts are complete bullshit.
>>
>>30410258
I was inspired and I wanted to share. That guy pretty much hit the nail right on the head.
>>30410283
Since when did it become a rule that we can't post bullshit we made up for fun. Cause I have news for you if that's the case.
>>
>>30408728
>implying celestiafags consider The Royal Wedding and any episodes after it as canon
They would never admit their perfect waifu is not, in fact, invincible
>>
>>30410283
Hmm...
This had me thinking... While ponies don't have religion as such, there is prophecy, there's "old pony's tales", and there's tradition, superstition and ritual. Ponies must have a loose collection of customs and beliefs, at least. Guiding tales for young foals and the like.

First, I'd exclude traditions like Running of the Leaves:
>As everypony knows, the Running is a very important tradition, for without it, the autumn leaves of Equestria would never fall
An important task that over time has become ritualized, turned from a simple duty to a festive challenge. It doesn't seem to have any deeper connotations, as it's a purely practical tradition that has to be done regardless.

Second, I'd be wary of traditions like Heart's Warming Eve.
The HWE celebration happens in memory of a historical event. They're important from a national-historical perspective, but not religious or superstitious.
Nightmare Night might fall into this category, bordering into the next, because the history has been severely muddled by the passage of time (and possibly Celestia's meddling).

Third, are superstitious traditions
You know... My point was feeling a lot stronger before I started writing this. I can think of several other traditions and holidays. But I can't tell whether they're actually superstitious or not. For example Hearts & Hooves Day or Summer Sun Celebration. While not *strictly* practical like Running of the Leaves, one could easily imagine historical reasons for both.
The best I can come up with is marriage, with Celestia usually(?) as the stand-in for a priest. Celestia is also the legal authority and figuratively "all-seeing", so even this one could have more mundane roots.
>>
>>30408592
>Celestia and Luna
>deities
>Abrahamic deities cannot be defeated
>>
>>30408793
>bestiality
See diseases even the best medical arts can't cure.
>magic
Cults like Scientology always existed and people knew they were bad news.
>sex for pleasure
Meals with flavor != gluttony
>>
>>30412589
God can't be defeated.
>>
>>30409482
The Journal of the Two Sisters mentions that moving the Sun and Moon rejuvenates them. It doesn't specify exactly what that means; it could be just their magic or maybe their vitality.
The Journal's canonicity is up in the air but I thought it was worth bringing up for discussion's sake.
>>
I disagree. Unicorns could raise the sun and the moon as a group effort before Equestria was founded so it just means that the princesses have more magic than a handful of unicorns. I think they are more like the equine equivalent of elves, specifically the elves of J.R.R. Tolkien's Legendarium as well as the Norse mythology that inspired it.

In fact, the way Twilight and Cadence became alicorns fits in with the latter as the Norse believed that certain heroic figures could ascend to elfhood after death, such as the case with King Olaf Geirstad-Alf of Norway and one could interpret what happened when Twilight was hit with those beams from the Elements of Harmony in Magical Mystery Cure was that she was killed by disintegration and then brought back to life as an alicorn.

That said, I personally believe that Celestia and Luna came from a land outside Equestria, perhaps one that exists on its own plane of existence like the land of Aman aka the Undying Lands in Tolkien's Legendarium or the realm of Alfheim in Norse mythology that is populated entirely by alicorns. Heck, the Tree of Harmony is even reminiscent of Yggdrasil, the World Tree that connects the 9 realms in Norse mythology in that it is connected to "all of Equestria" according to Starlight in The Cutie Remark.
>>
>>30408793
Well it wouldn't really be bestiality if they are sapient. Basically it would be the same as fucking an alien like a Na'vi from Avatar or a Dalek from Doctor Who.
>>
File: ewok.jpg (87KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
ewok.jpg
87KB, 500x696px
>>30415260
>Dalek
>Not a cute and cuddly Ewok.
You're weird, man.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.