[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would her getting a boyfriend split the fandom as much as a more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: 1493985421730.png (494KB, 4000x3770px) Image search: [Google]
1493985421730.png
494KB, 4000x3770px
Would her getting a boyfriend split the fandom as much as a more popular waifu like Twilight or Rainbow Dash getting one would?
>>
>>30395607
Nah, it'll just start the cuck memes again and then the salt mines will reopen once more.
>>
>>30395607
How would you introduce a love interest for AJ?

Hard mode: Not a relative
>>
>>30395614
>big mac gets hurt/leaves the farm/whatever
>new stallion shows up and helps applejack for free
>they fug
>they look over at the applefarm's shed and see anon trying to peek
>>
>>30395607
Applefag here: as long as they get her a boyfriend with a personality (so not a bland stereotype a là Flash Sentry) I'm ok with it.
>>
>>30395659
I like the first two parts.
>>
>>30395659
>for free
Scruffy x AJ best ship
>>
>>30395607
>would her getting a boyfriend-
stopped reading, it was such a ridiculous thought I couldn't finish the sentence.
>>
>>30395607
Glimfags would spam the cuck meme to hell like they did with Fluttershy
>>
File: 1443801133968.png (116KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
1443801133968.png
116KB, 500x709px
>>30395694
>>
File: 1407868889789.jpg (7KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
1407868889789.jpg
7KB, 212x200px
>Big Mac gets injured and AJ has to hire a farm hand
>She falls in love with him
>Turns out he's an outlaw on the run from the guard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNXkYUxMMN8
>>
>>30395607
Applejack's MO since day one has been either "muh family" or "muh farm". It'd make sense for her to go out and get some extra muscle to help her out now that Big Mac probably won't be around as often. Plus an episode about tomboyish AJ having a crush would be cute
>>
>>30395659
>>30396041
>it turns out he's aunt and uncle orange's son who is on the run after robbing a manehattan bank
>applejack fucked her cousin and a criminal
>>
>>30396041
Okay. what genre of music is that? I love that shit.
>>
>>30395607
I'm all for the Mane 6 getting to that stage in life when you should find someone to love, cherish and spend your life with. I can only hope that they'll go the route of showing that relationships require effort instead of going all "love makes everything fine and dandy forever".
>>
>>30397226
>going all "love makes everything fine and dandy forever".
Like Apple parents episode did?
>>
>>30397282
I don't think that was the message of the episode. However, it did sorta gloss over a lot of issues inherent in that kind of relationship.
>>
>>30397282
mate, we all know that relationship didn't end "fine and dandy forever"
>>
File: 1475499908285.png (3MB, 1988x2008px) Image search: [Google]
1475499908285.png
3MB, 1988x2008px
>>30397188
fucking cousins is pretty much par for the course for Applejack really
>>
>>30397408
>H!Fluttershy crushes on dreadlocks guy
Ain't even mad.
>>
>>30397282
They were killed by Ace Thruster.
>>
>>30395607
Probably not but even though I'm not an Applefag I would be against it because I know it would be shit. No one wants to develop a character before they become a love interest.
>>
>>30397377
They were married, accepted by Apples, lived in Poniville peacefully, everyone who knew them clearly stated they loved each other more than any other couples, and had three beautiful kids.
Sure, the Pear family left, but I'd say their relationship as husband and wife went pretty fine and dandy.
>>
>>30397714
If it did, they'd currently be a part of the show, not a flashback.
>>
>>30395607
Nobody cares about Applejack.
>>
>>30395614
something like >>30395659
said is the most logical thing to happen.
Big Max decides he wants to go live with Sugar Bell, so AJ needs to hire some extra full time help.
Maybe Burnt Oak's son is looking for a job.

The two spend half a season getting to know each other before they fall in love.

He proposes to her under her parent's tree.
>>
>>30395614
Me
>>
>>30395671
People keep saying this but in reality they'll hate the boyfriend character anyways. They tried giving Timber a personality and that ship was met with even less approval than Flashlight.
>>
>>30395659
I think I have been corrupted. I saw the word shed and thought the next sentence was going to involve cucking.
>>
>>30395671
Considering Applejack is a bland stereotype, I think Flash is perfect for her. The Prom King City Slicker hooking up with the Hard Working Farm Girl.
>>
File: IMG_2814.png (196KB, 895x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2814.png
196KB, 895x558px
I'm still throwing my lot in with one of the Flim Flam bros. as a pairing for AJ.
>>
>>30395607
It will be her distant relative. Like, very distant. 1/16 Apple
>>
>>30400490
I think that's the implication
>>
>>30395607
I'd b fukin pissed >:(
>>
Nobody cares about AJ
>>
>>30395607
I mean, I already feel bad for appulfags.
She always gets shit on desu.

But I also think that it could only make her character better, see Discord and FS.
She's boring now, she's only good as a supporting character.
Just put in an entertaining guy, and here you go.
Hell, you could put another fruit in there and create conflict. Or maybe a baker specialized in fruity shit, and she'll go 'wtf don't put strawberries in that' and he'll make her taste it and she'll understand that strawberries are better than appuls.

I don't know.
I want to love AJ but she's just so boring. Only times I can love her is when I think of how good a mother she'd be desu, and only way to make it happen is to give her a love interest.
>>
File: appul face.png (445KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
appul face.png
445KB, 4000x4000px
>>30395607
Yeah, it would open up her character development more by showing how she can be around someone she has genuine affection for, it could add more depth by showing her vulnerabilities, her pet peeves (beyond strawberries). As an appul fag I would appreciate this for the growth it would give her, but it would also hurt me a bit desu
>>
>>30401304
I think it was more just that anon is a voyur
>>
>>30400532
Why not both?
>>
>>30395607
You now realize this would actually be a good thing. Everybody knows Applejack is only good in a support role, so imagine what shit episodes like ADO would be like if if she had another personality to bounce off of.
>>
>>30395607
Hasbro knows the iminent backlash theyll get should they decide to pair any of the main characters with anyone.

They will do it, anyway. Maybe drop hints of it when at the end of the show.
>>
File: 1473191612753.jpg (21KB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
1473191612753.jpg
21KB, 359x359px
>>30400493
>Flash
>>
>>30405614
You could go with Toon Boom, but Flash will always be king.
>>
>>30404189
this
>>
File: 1418404465009.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418404465009.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>30395607
Time for some apple facts

Fun fact: Apples are from the rose family

Names for Table apples

Adams Pearmain, Akane, Åkerö, Alkmene, Allington Pippin, Ambrosia, Anna, Annurca, Ariane, Arkansas Black, Ashmead's Kernel, Aurora Golden Gala, Baldwin, Beacon, Beauty of Bath, Belle de Boskoop, Bellflower, Ben Davis, Birgit Bonnier, Braeburn, Brina, Cameo, Champion, Civni (Rubens), Claygate Pearmain, Clivia, Cornish Aromatic, Cornish Gilliflower, Cortland, Court Pendu Plat, Cox's Orange Pippin, Crimson Gold, Cripps Red, Cripps Pink (Pink Lady), Delbard Jubilee, Delbarestivale, Delrouval, Discovery, Dorsett Golden, Dougherty, Duchess of Oldenburg, Egremont Russet, Ellison's Orange, Elstar, Empire, Enterprise, Envy, Esopus Spitzenburg, Eva, Fiesta, Flamenco, Florina, Fuji, Gala. Geheimrat Dr. Oldenburg, Ginger Gold, Golden Delicious, Golden Orange, Goldspur, Granny Smith, Gravenstein, Grimes Golden, Haralson, Honeycrisp, Honeygold, Idared, Ingrid Marie, James Grieve, Jazz, Jersey Black, Jonagold, Jonathan, Jubilee, Julieta, Jupiter, Kanzi, Karmijn de Sonnaville, King Byerd, King of the Pippins, Knobby Russe,t Lady Alice, Laxton's Superb, Liberty, Liveland Raspberry, Lodi, Lord Lambourne, Lucombe's Seedling, Macoun, McIntosh, Melba, Melrose, Mutsu, Newtown Pippin, Nicola, Opal, Pacific Rose, Pam's Delight, Papirovka, Paula Red, Pink Pearl, Pinova, Prima, Pristine, Rajka, Ralls Genet, Rambo, Red Astrachan, Red Delicious, Redlove apples, Rhode Island Greening, Ribston Pippin, Rome, Roxbury Russet, Sandow, Sekai Ichi ,Spartan, Splendour, Star of Devon, Stayman, Sturmer Pippin, Summerfree, Sundowner, Sunset, Suntan, SweeTango, Taliaferro, Tartu Rose, Tentation, Tompkins King, Topaz, Wealthy, Winesap, Winston, Wyken Pippin, York Imperial, Zestar
>>
File: 1464979935747.jpg (27KB, 462x435px) Image search: [Google]
1464979935747.jpg
27KB, 462x435px
Fun fact: Rambo got his name from the Rambo apple

Cooking apples
Antonovka, Bismarck, Blenheim Orange, Bramley, Calville Blanc d'hiver, Chelmsford Wonder, Creston, Crimson Bramley, Flower of Kent, Golden Noble, Grenadier, Manks Codlin, Newton Wonder, Norfolk Biffin, Northern Spy, Reinette du Canada, Upton Pyne, White Transparent, Wolf River, Worcester Pearmain

Cider apples
Antonovka, Brown Snout, Crimson King, Dabinett, Dufflin, Foxwhelp, Gascoyne's Scarlet, Golden Russet, Golden Spire, Hangdown, Harrison Cider, Kingston Black, Redstreak, Slack-ma-Girdle, Styre ,Tom Putt

Ornamental apple
Wijcik McIntosh

Apple products
Apfelwein, Apple butter, Apple cake, Apple chips, Apple cider, Apple cider vinegar, Apple crisp, Apple dishes, Apple juice, Apple pie, Apple sauce, Apple seed oil, Apple strudel, Applejack, Calvados, Candy apple, Caramel apple, Cider, Ice cider, Pectin, Pommeau
>>
File: Apple_Family_sure_are_S3E8.png (553KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Apple_Family_sure_are_S3E8.png
553KB, 1280x720px
Fun fact: There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples grown around the world. It would take you more than 20 years to try them all if you ate one a day

Crabapples and wildapples
Malus angustifolia – Southern crabapple
Malus asiatica – Chinese pearleaf crabapple
Malus baccata – Siberian crabapple
Malus brevipes – Shrub apple
Malus coronaria – Sweet crabapple
Malus domestica – Orchard apple
Malus doumeri – Taiwan crabapple
Malus florentina – Florentine crabapple, hawthorn-leaf crabapple
Malus floribunda – Japanese crabapple
Malus fusca – Oregon or Pacific crabapple
Malus glabrata – Biltmore's crabapple
Malus glaucescens – Dunbar crabapple
Malus halliana – Hall crabapple
Malus honanensis
Malus hopa – Flowering crabapple
Malus hupehensis – Tea crabapple
Malus ioensis – Prairie crabapple
Malus kansuensis – Calva crabapple
Malus × micromalus – Midget crabapple
Malus prattii – Pratt's crabapple
Malus prunifolia – plum-leaf crabapple, Chinese crabapple
Malus pumila – feral M. domestica?
Malus rockii – native to China and Bhutan
Malus sargentii – Sargent crabapple
Malus sieboldii – Toringo crabapple or Siebold's crabapple
Malus sieversii – Asian wild or Almaty apple
Malus sikkimensis – Sikkim crabapple
Malus spectabilis – Asiatic apple, Chinese crabapple
Malus sublobata – Yellow autumn crabapple
Malus sylvestris – European wild apple
Malus toringoides – Cut-leaf crabapple
Malus transitoria – Cut-leaf crabapple
Malus trilobata – Lebanese wild apple, erect crab apple, or three-lobed apple tree
Malus tschonoskii – Chonosuki crabapple and pillar apple
Malus yunnanensis – Yunnan crabapple
>>
Apple Facts

The crabapple is the only apple native to North America.

Apples come in all shades of reds, greens, and yellows.

Two pounds of apples make one 9-inch pie..

Apples are grown in all 50 states.

The pilgrims planted the first United States apple trees in the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

The science of apple growing is called pomology.

Apple trees take four to five years to produce their first fruit.

Most apples are still picked by hand in the fall.

Apple varieties range in size from a little larger than a cherry to as large as a grapefruit.

Apples are propagated by two methods: grafting or budding.

The apple tree originated in an area between the Caspian and the Black Sea.

Apples were the favorite fruit of ancient Greeks and Romans.

The largest apple picked weighed three pounds.

Europeans eat about 46 pounds of apples annually.

Many growers use dwarf apple trees.

Charred apples have been found in prehistoric dwellings in Switzerland.

Most apple blossoms are pink when they open but gradually fade to white.

It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.

In colonial time, apples were called winter banana or melt-in-the-mouth.

America's longest-lived apple tree was reportedly planted in 1647 by Peter Stuyvesant in his Manhattan orchard and was still bearing fruit when a derailed train struck it in 1866.

Archeologists have found evidence that humans have been enjoying apples since at least 6500 B.C.

It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.

The old saying, “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.” This saying comes from an old English adage, “To eat an apple before going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread.”

Don't peel your apple. Two-thirds of the fiber and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Antioxidants help to reduce damage to cells, which can trigger some diseases.
>>
>>30405808
>>30405813
>>30405835
>>30405850
good posts
>>
>>30399161
Introduce yourself in the show.
>>
Giving AJ a love interest is the cheapest form of writing; it is what you do when you've scraped through the bottom of the barrel is digging furiously towards the molten core of creative despair.

AJ needs some though choices to bring out the emotional magnitudes hidden in her down to earth personality. They've went through her parents, they've bounced her off AB and, in small parts, BM but they've never really allowed the external to engage with her innermost to force a choice and ultimately a lasting change.

What they could do is to put her at a crossroad, to make a choice that either change her entire life's direction or permanently change a relationship, or several. She has the farmed locked down, that's a mainstay in her life and I find little reasons for her to abandon it all of a sudden, except for a major crisis, to be improbable. I think they should put AJ in a though situation where she find herself in a quarrel with one of the mane six over what is a moral question; to both explore and develop her character but also the character of her antagonist.

I'd love to see AJ in some kind of dilemma with Twilight Sparkle, the shooting star of the group and its consuming acumen. Question is: what kind of dilemma would explore AJ's personality but also puts her through a lasting change? Especially if it involved another character from her closest group of friends, Twilight Sparkle. What moral issue should be explored?
>>
>>30406295
they should make AJ and Twi a couple
>>
>>30405850
>All 50 states
Show me them Alaska apples then, bruh
>>
>>30406314
http://www.newsminer.com/features/sundays/alaska_grown/despite-challenges-alaska-apple-farmer-keeps-harvesting/article_af3c4fa2-054c-5d69-bdad-e18c6a91ffa9.html
>>
>>30406465
>Growing apples does not require any special skills, he insists.
applefags btfo'd
>>
>>30407255
Add mud ponyfags in general to that.
>>
>>30406309
Twilight is already into guys
>>
>>30407255
Difficulties depend on the kind of apples grown.
Like Wijcik McIntosh
>>
>>30407255

It doesn't?All that hard work and creativity invested by him to succeed sort of denies that oversimplification.

>>30406309

Twi gets wet from the sight of masculine stallions in traditional masculine occupations, like the military. She doesn't come off as a female that wouldn't gravitate towards the needle-legged twigbacked accountant sporting a reasonable intellect. In the lest he must be secure in his masculinity and willing to struggle control from her hooves.

The struggle between AJ and Twi should be AJ confronting Twi over something sensitive that she's unwilling to admit. How she'd been dishonest for and avoidance of Discord or how she allows Rarity to lead around spike are all plausible scenarios that could lead to interesting character development for all parties involved. I don't know, but I'd eat my own shoes if they write a love story involving AJ just for the drama.
>>
>>30408308
she's never shown any interest in either guys or girls in canon
>>
>>30409831
>implying she wouldn't pounce on Starswirl's cock
>>
>>30410643
she wouldn't
>>
>>30410643
>She'll never ask you to cosplay as Starswirl to get her going
oh shit
>>
>>30398219
>>30401989
these

nobody would care, in fact, i think people would welcome it so that something interesting can finally happen to her
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.