[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Havent been here years and my autism for Fallout Equestria brought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: download (15).jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
11KB, 299x168px
Havent been here years and my autism for Fallout Equestria brought me back. Didnt see a thread for it. Is it officially dead here?
>>
>>30390479
We can replace it with Past Sins
>>
>>30390479
I think they come and go.
The board in general is very slow these days, depending on how much time you left you will notice this.
>>
>>30390490
Ah i see. Relistening to the audiobook really got me back into it enough to start brainstorming a fic to satisfy my autism. Kinda wanted some discussion but doesn't look like I'll get that here.
>>
>>30390479
Theres a cyoa for it that should return soon. Ask around in /cyoa/
>>
>>30390479
Ahh yes Fallout Equestria the fanfic that pissed off a bunch of fallout fans.
>>
>>30390479
Christ. Enough with this stupid shit. Fuck off already.
>>
>>30392275
Thank you
>>
>>30392242
It's funny, every once in a while I'll be talking online to someone about Fallout. They wish there was more 'world building' Fallout fanfiction instead of the norm which just puts the story in the POV of The Courier, or The Lone Wanderer as they go through the main quest line (normally the 'morally good' quest line), with horrible grammar and spelling thrown in, and hamfisted sex scenes.

I'll mention I know a good fic, with a bunch of worldbuilding. I'll normally tell them the tale of Stable 29 (I'll just call it, "the Vault in this story," hiding the fact it's an MLP fic) and it's A.I. Overseer that as the characters go through, they find weird logs, such as the elevator killing those inside for no reason, the safety measures in the med bay suffocating everyone inside, and other stuff like that. Then when they get to the main A.I. core, they find out that due to a small hole in the Nuclear power generator caused by a kid's BB gun (which is told in a data log early into their journey into the Vault), the Vault has been slowly leaching radiation into the water supply, lowering the number of people who the Vault can support. To fix this, the A.I. has been killing those with a low chance of survival, in its eyes doing the right thing (those in the med bay were sick, there was an elderly woman in the elevator). I'll tell them the story is full of fleshed out places like this.

At this point, they'll excitedly ask, "Dude, can you link it to me? I want to read this." I'll mention that there's a catch, a reason why most people won't read it. And say, "Here's a picture of the main characters (pic related)."

Then they go, "oh."
>>
File: Littlepip14.png (180KB, 837x867px) Image search: [Google]
Littlepip14.png
180KB, 837x867px
I will be Littlepip's little lesbian, even if I have to become 2D
>>
>>30390479
It's died. The last few generals were under 100 posts before goin under. They moved to discord and no one has cared for'em since. THAT is truly what is killing generals nowadays.

>>30392562
She's not real anon.
>>
>>30392545
I'm not trying to be mean but I find that concept and the characters very annoying I couldn't continue listening to the audio book, because how annoyed I got but to each their own. If you liked it, it's fine.
>>
>>30390479
It's pretty shit honestly, but the one thing I will give it is that at least it isn't Project Horizons
>>
File: mad feels.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
mad feels.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>30392794
SHES REAL TO ME
>>
File: 1460915297755.png (757KB, 900x2640px) Image search: [Google]
1460915297755.png
757KB, 900x2640px
>>30392882
he said it
>>
>>30390479
yes, it died unfortunately
and it happen right when I was having fun in heart of war and umbra threads. I returned when I was starting to develop my fallout videogame and it was gone...
If someone have their discord can post it here?
>>
>>30392242
>the fanfic that pissed off a bunch of fallout fans
People thinking Fallout 3 and 4 are Fallouts aren't Fallout fans
>>
>>30393624
So they had to play fallout 1 and 2? Or
>>
>>30393624

This.
>>
>>30395417
Her marejuices taste like engine oil
>>
>>30392794
Fuck Discord
>>
>>30393612
There's 2 discords. One of them is pretty active but its full of reddit roll-playing retards.
The other is for 4chan users only, but it has not had a post since June 15th. I wish it had more active people.

Apparently the mods have disabled invites on both servers because i can't generate an invite.
I can give you one to /moon/ or the Trixie discord if ya want

Also...RAMPAGE
>>
>>30396086
I was more interested to the foe discords since I'm making a foe videogame but /moon/ will suffice ;D
Also I must admit I stopped reading project horizon when blackjack returns to her stable following the track of the new raider gang. I liked it a lot and I never understood all the drama surrounding it
can someone explain it?
I stopped because of the witcher series, am I justified?
>>
File: 1498504996566.png (121KB, 2150x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1498504996566.png
121KB, 2150x1384px
>>30390479
It's shit
>>
>>30396086
>disabled invites
Do Do they not understand they are just going to slowly lose users?
>>
>>30395417
Her horn is so compact
>>
>>30390486
Well it is superior.
>>
>>30396161
https://discord.gg/wjTpY /moon/
WARNING: super autistic levels of shit posting.

Finish Project Horizons. Best fanfiction ever. Read every last word...all 1.7 million of them, you'll thank me.

>>30396544
I dunno. I'm going to ask in the chan only server. I don't chat in the other one, i just stay for the notice board so i see when new stories from my favorite writers come out. You might find a link to that one on reddit. r/falloutequestria

Rampage is best pony
>>
>>30392545
Try not delivering it in such a creepy way, I think presenting that it's mlp first then shilling would work best. Be like, "yeah sure it's mlp, but x and x make up for it if you're not into that. Give a try, worst that could happen is you don't like it"
>>
>>30396922
Commo, its because Basic went autistic after Andrew kept posting foalcon and shut it all down.
Well that and Wave banning anyone who used RoMs invite on Reddit.

And no, psychoshy best waifu.
>>
>>30396922
Can you give a new invite, that one is expired.
>>
>>30393745
Not play neccesary, but know at least the main history
I mean, in 1 you were a dweller surviving in a place where no one would dare to travel to save your vault, and then fight (or talk) with the most shocking mutant ever
In 2 you are your grandson (ergo the choosen one), and with your survival skills, learned from the dweller itself, save the small setting he created, to then fight the enclave, and fight the most strongest monster ever while going nuclear a second time
FallOut: blowing shit up to survive
>>
File: rampage_by_penby-d6jcgrx.jpg (99KB, 918x870px) Image search: [Google]
rampage_by_penby-d6jcgrx.jpg
99KB, 918x870px
>>30397062
https://discord.gg/bj5y7Rq
Try that
>>30396981
I missed all the drama i guess.
>Psycoshy
'Your turn?'
>>
>>30393745
>>30397073
there is always the storyteller for lazy people
https://youtu.be/nvqm_pPD-aQ
>>
>>30397120
It just went stupid with the whole PROTECT act thing.
Then Nymph got banned for no reason, threads on here died, and it switched over to Reddit invite only.
Then Nymph sent over a bunch of content creators as a parting gift and all but one got banned simply for mentioning his na me.
Finally, Basic broke the no foalcon started reading foalcon and had his mom walk in while livestreaming.
Ralek also opened up his server which did a lot to solve the cancer rp everywhere.
On account pf not having it.
>>
>>30397208
I left / quit paying attention before the PROTECT thing so i missed all that. Nymph was still around and actually kinda liked him. I can do without the foalcon stuff, just don't sit right with me, and the rp just get annoying as hell.
>>
>>30390479
Is reading FoE worth it? I've been around for a while but haven't bothered reading it.
I'd read it myself without asking for opinions but 600k words is really fucking long to formulate an opinion
>>
>>30397413
All my enemies are raiders.jpg

No not really, the fandom started dying hard this year due to the finishing of major fics, the lack of new blood from Fallout 4 and a very sharp and abrupt turn into an autistic and toxic exclusive group over something.
Not many stories have finished, think we're still at counting toes DESU, so if you're reading expect lots of anguish over the fact you get 5 chapters in and realize the fic is old enough to go to primary school since it last updated.
My attempts to cajole, beg, and bribe authors met with failure, none returned.
I dare say I may have scared them off by being that creep who remembers what you did years ago and discusses it like its yesterday.
Well not really my fault, if they hadn't updated in years its not like a simple discussion would kill it.

Short summary:
OMG I need to leave the vault and rescue a sex changed Aaron Carter!
Ah nah, let's go shoot stuff.
>Suddenly a random cowboy chooses to join your group as a decoy love protagonist
Ohio Aaron, what's say you and I kill lots of things and take over this crap heap?
Lots of questless leveling ensues
Sudden real love interest of Mary Sue self inset ensues
A quest to destroy all of society as we know it due to being unable to tap dat flank
Terrorism, murder, child murder, slavery, rape, attempted rape, and I need to say it again, but literal terrorism and 2 counts of genocide ensue.
Story ends with the equivalence of Wolverine suddenly deciding this paper cut is going to kill him as he is busy turning another thousand people into tender cutlets.

If you have the time, go learn a trade skill like soldering, welding, or underwater basket weaving those reeds fucking hurt if you do them soaked and then weave dry
>>
File: 1449241902762.png (89KB, 427x570px) Image search: [Google]
1449241902762.png
89KB, 427x570px
>>30397413
It's going to be hit or miss, honestly. Everyone has their own opinions, after all! Even some in the /foe/ group would go off on how they didn't like it (while participating in the group for it).

Myself, I think it's my favorite fiction book ever written. It creates a compelling story with a broken and relatable character that is constantly put through the grinder and inspires me to do better myself. Characters are interesting and fleshed out with conflicting goals that clash at just the wrong time to create tense moments where you don't know if the cast will make it through. Some of it is a bit cheesy, but isn't life a bit at times as well?

I laughed, I cried, I bought the print copy. I actually with the /foe/ thread was still here. I don't have much time to be on the computer due to my work, but I would pop in every time I could.
>>
>>30397612
>>30397630
I'm going to check it out when I have the time
I'm thinking whether I end up liking or hating it I should read it all the way anyways, it's been such a big part of the fandom I think I'll benefit from reading it
>>
File: Littlepip18.jpg (145KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Littlepip18.jpg
145KB, 1280x853px
>>30392794
You take that back you nigger
>>
>>30390479
We raged over Project Horizons and then, eh, whatever. Dead fandom.
>>
File: Vive.png (791KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vive.png
791KB, 1280x720px
So if FoE could have any other aesthetic other than pseudo-but-not-ever-really-paid-attention-to 1950's, what'd it be?
>>
>>30396086
The "reddit" one has a really split userbase and the mods are mostly from here. There's still room for decent FO:E discussion if you can muscle out the hugbox kids. The politics channel there is also good.

The 4chan user one is dead, and last I checked, practically fucking normie tier anyway. They unironically enjoy PH.
>>
>>30393624
Shut up. /v/
>>
>>30398045
The 4chan one is dead because it started right when the threads here died. We only shilled it in one thread and that one didn't hit 100 posts. If i can get the mod to answer me and get an invite in this thread it might grow some.
Also, fuck reddit hugbox pol fags. PH rules
>>
>space zombie clone robo jesus
>>
Has anyone read pink eyes?
>>
>>30400379
Who hasn't?
She is not for sexuals. She will melt your dick.
>>
So that's what happened to the FoE threads.. everything gone to the Discord servers.

PH is what it is, the size of it is notable but many newer rising and struggling fics are overshadowed by it.

>>30400379
Of course, it is heartwarming and silly all in one with a side of dark humor.
>>
>>30400852
There an /Fo:E/ discord?
>>
>>30398555
Found the underage
>>
>>30401387
https://discord.gg/wTED5
>>
>>30401418
>only 3 members
The fuck? This can't be the whole Fo:E community.
>>
>>30401387
There are 2 FOE server:
one have more members but it's a mix of fimfic, reddit and 4chan
the other have very few member and it's always dead.
they both stop inviting people to they servers.
>>
>>30397413
YMMV, but FoE's aged really badly. A lot of the jokes - hell, a lot of the plot points - rely on you being able to take S1 memes seriously (when they're not ripped directly from Fo3 and given an MLP paint job).

A lot of FoE's draw on a larger scale was due to its spinoffs and creative community, but they've been a lot less active for the past year or so now that all the 'big' spinoffs have finished.
>>
>>30401434
It's a shit community what else did you expect.
>>
I've actually started writing my own FoE fanfic recently, though I haven't written an actual story before in my life, so it's probably complete shit. Still I've been enjoying writing it nonetheless and I figure I'll upload it to FIMFiction or wherever once I'm done with chapter 5. If anyone wants to read what I have for the first three chapters I would appreciate some feedback on how to improve them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1phcOqy_2GeMMaZhNt_xigs_jXkq09RhsIph9MNHqxa4/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>30402134
I'm trying to read it. Work is distracting me tho. Have a Rose
>>
File: Ponegun.png (146KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
Ponegun.png
146KB, 800x758px
The idea that pones would hold guns in their mouths and shoot that way was fucking retarded, especially for fucking magnum rounds and shit.
>>
>>30403046
for small and light weapons I don't see the problem
of course for larger weapons there are battle saddles like the one in your pictures
>>
>>30403230
It's not the weight that's the issue, it's the recoil.

Shooting a .357 magnum with your fucking mouth is gonna give you one hell of a sore neck and enjoy fucking your teeth up forever.
>>
>>30403046
>>30403230
>>30403259
>"Once apon a time, in the MAGICAL land of Equestria..."

Magic, damnit Anon
>>
>>30392545
That's a topkek set up, anon. Even if it's sincere it's a great troll as well.
I don't remember that vault, though.
There is a lot to FO:E and I tore through it in a week of evenings.
>>
>>30403458
Which would be a legit argument if they were using magical guns designed to shoot concentrated magic and didn't go full autism mode into how a pone would wield a firearm using chemical based propellant, even going so far as to involve real world calibers.
>>
>>30403530
Suspension of disbelief
Try it sometime
>>
File: How_FOE_should_have_ended.png (455KB, 3535x2691px) Image search: [Google]
How_FOE_should_have_ended.png
455KB, 3535x2691px
>>
>>30405424
Eh Beegee, sup?
>>
File: 1064269_swift_note_bellyrubs.png (78KB, 1280x608px) Image search: [Google]
1064269_swift_note_bellyrubs.png
78KB, 1280x608px
>>30405585
Not BeeGee...but i did develop a belly rub fetish because of him, so...yeah
>>
>>30390479
God I hope so
>>
>>30402134
Read your foreword and first chapter. That escalated quickly for a first chapter, accidental murder and then a second murder to make a run for it? I'd have to keep reading to gauge your writing style and to give any decent feedback.
>>
>>30402134
OK I have read all of your fic thus far. So far, a decent start of what main fics I've read compared to it. There are typos, errors, and grammar mistakes but that was minor to read it all. My biggest question though is what made you name this fic Epilogue? You taking a serious shot at a post Stable Dweller, post Security and after something called Rolling Thunder? Lifebloom mentioned from the original fic. The moon is a reference to PH's events, isn't it? Anyways you also incorporate things from Fallout 4 as some references and such. The laser musket but with a twist was fantastic IMO. If you continue to incorporate Fallout but give it a unique twist of its elements, it'll be even more intriguing. I was not so enthusiastic about Swan behemoth but if you do not simply cut and paste Fallout's recent titles' locations for the most part. You've got something real interesting for a hook.
>>
>>30408170
Thanks! I chose to name it Epilogue since this is a serious attempt to write a post FoE fic and due to an important thing that will be revealed later in the plot.

If any of you are interested when I do finish the first six chapters (what I'm considering the Prologue/Wanderer Arc) and I post it on FimFiction or something I could also drop a link to it here when I do.

Also any additional feedback would still be appreciated, I like writing this and want it to turn out good.
>>
https://discord.gg/P6dstMt
>>
We need some fresh fallout cyoa's here.
>>
>>30409361
Go find Nymph, he writes cyoas.
Should be in the reddit Discord or you can talk to him on Steam.
>>
>>30409622
Got a link to the discord?
>>
>>30409857
No, the Overmares fear the stable will lose the magic of friendship if the door is open.

Or you can try >>30409152
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.