[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So has anyone else played this yet? It's pretty good, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5877.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5877.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
So has anyone else played this yet?

It's pretty good, but that fucking voice over is killing me. Is she supposed to be a character? Because, if so, she's doing a terrible impression.

Game is Rainbow Runners
>>
>>30377699
Is this a fan game or an app or what
>>
>>30377760
It's an officially licensed app
>>
>>30377783
Boring then.
>>
>>30377699
looks disappointing as fuck. what do you do, hasbro friend?
>>
>>30377806
It is funny how they supposedly make toys for adults but can't make a fucking app that has some fucking grace for adults.
Like making an app was so fucking expensive.
>>
>>30377838
Hasbro doesn't want to invest in making a good game for pony. Fuck, they nearly shat themselves having to do that for Transformers, and promptly backslid on their payment promises, leading to high noon closing.

We'll never get ANYTHING remotely good for a pony game.
>>
>>30377854
Yeah the only thing we will get is stupid apps made for brain dead kids.
I bet even the little girls hate these.
>>
>>30377878
>I bet even the little girls hate these.
You'd be surprise
>>
>>30377699
So what is it?
>>
>>30377929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORvU1zd_O0

Watching a playthrough so far. It seems to be a generic "Discord grabs a shitty book he shouldn't, Mane six get rainbow power and run back to the library".
>>
>>30377915
How many downloads it has?
>>
>>30377946
Meh, wish that pony cart game didn't fall through.
Any word on pirate versions? No, right.
>>
>>30377946
Ironically, the free to play guardians of harmony game they put on the hasbro website seems better than this.
>>
>>30377854
what exactly would be a GOOD pony game?
>>
>>30378037
hasbro owns wizards of the coast and the D&D franchise. equestria is a fantasy world and was recently adapted to a pen and paper game through tails of equestria.

use your imagination.
>>
>>30378037
Nigga everybody here wants to go to Equestria
Just make a plataformer or a rpg where you make your own pony and most will jump in, as long as the gameplay is a bit passable and it is not full of bugs.
>>
>>30378037
Banjo kazzoie style platformer, Fighting game, Beat em up, RPG, hearthstone rip off...
Pretty much the skies the limit.
>>
>>30378073
>>30378157
Yeah, but that doesn't sound like it would make a good PONY game.
it would just feel like a you just slapped a pony skin on some other random game
>>
>>30378037
Well, if you wanted to make a video game... The Lost Vikings.
And what I really mean by that is an ensemble puzzle/platforming game where you have to use the unique abilities of multiple different ponies together to progress through stages. Trine is also a good example.
This could potentially be done a lot like Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, as well, in a more 3D platforming environment.
You could potentially make such a game work both with single player, or co-op.
>>
>>30378183
You could honestly say that about just about ANYTHING really for a video game. The beautiful thing about video games is that just about ANY game type will work for just about ANY franchise if you put enough effort into it.

On that note, A banjo kazooie game wouldn't feel reskinned for ponies, its honestly what I think the absolute BEST game type for MLP would be.
You'd be trying to collect magical artifacts/macguffins like they do in the show to defeat a villain (EOH pieces maybe), and you could swap between characters like in DK64 for different abilities.
>>
>>30378213
>you could swap between characters like in DK64 for different abilities
A Trine style game might work, where you have three characters (earth, unicorn, pegasus) with unique abilities that help you get through a puzzle platformer.
>>
>>30378183
Well that's what hasbro does in these fucking apps.
They had the right idea with adventure ponies, so I took that as what they could do.
You can't expect miracles from hasbro.
>>
>>30377802
>official = automatically bad
>>30377806
>judging an entire game by its level select screen

I haven't played it yet but these are some terrible justifications.
>>
File: 1398199744107.png (181KB, 846x944px) Image search: [Google]
1398199744107.png
181KB, 846x944px
>>30378322
Hasbro employee, please.
I have tested almost every game and app made by hasbro before out of desperation and they are things only a kid can enjoy, and that's because a kid doesn't care about bugs everywhere, lack of compelling story and mediocre everything else (difficulty is literally this game plays alone tier, items don't even have horse puns of names or anything, just images to say something, everything is as generic and basic as possible)
>>
>>30378373
I'm sure that's true, but are you going to explain how judging an entire game based on its level select screen is justified, or just assume someone must work for Hasbro because they don't immediately hate it?
>>
>>30378423
Well it really doesn't look any different from that screenshot alone.
But I guess I'll watch a video to confirm.
>>
Considering it took them this long to make a movie? Another 5 years. Either that or if the movie takes off then a shitty rushed game a year after that.
>>
>>30378190
this anon has the right idea. retro style games are in, so that's double the marketable appeal.
>>
>>30379228
Honestly, it would require BOTH the movie and the guardians of harmony series to be a massive success for them to make a legitimate MLP game.

hasbro has roughly the same amount of respect for little girls as sewage water, so it'd require them realizing that the Adults and young boy audience is actually a reliable market for ponies before they'll invest money into a game.
>>
>>30378037
2D collectathon, but not Metroidvania. Think the fangame Mario 63.
>>
>>30378423
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.