[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>god tier slice of life episode with Flurry and Twilight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

>Maud & Starlight
>teacups
>Dash's parents reviled
>fucking PRINCESS SISTER EPISODE where they reveal real emotion and character
>Pinkie's character revived in Yakyakistan episode
and now
>Perfect fucking Pear

I'm just going to go out and say it:

S2>S1>S7>S4>S6>S5>S3

We're only about halfway through the season, too.
If they keep it up, I would have no shame in calling it better than season 1.
Fight me
>>
>>30372684
It's pretty good

S2>S1>S7>S5>S4>S3>S6
>>
>S3 worse than S5

Huh?
>>
>>30372684
Is it better than Rainbow Rocks, though?
>>
>>30372684
>Yakyakistan episode
>good
>>
>>30372684
>pinkies character revived in yakyakistan episode
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.
>>
File: 1448864401852.jpg (188KB, 1452x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448864401852.jpg
188KB, 1452x1080px
>>30372684
>teacups
>a shitty forced meme
>>
>>30372684
Pinkie's character was flanderized to oblivion in Too many Pinkie Pies and was thoroughly assassinated in Filly Vanilli. It's too late for her, but stay in denial if you wish
>>
>>30373109
I think the final nail in the coffin for Pinkie's character is ironically Pinkie Pride which is considered as one of the best Pinkie Pie episode treating her "element of laughter" seriously, but too serious that it influenced her character to change to what it is now.
>>
I hate proclaiming that I'm enjoying myself because this board will try to shoot it down.

But, yeah, this season, man...
>>
>>30372684
>teacups
If anything, that episode was annoying and also we didnt start the season with a two parter.
Trixie joining the show was a mistake.
>>
Yeah this season has been good, guess what idiots....SHOWS THAT LAST 7 SEASONS ARE GOING TO WITHOUT A DOUBT HAVE SOME BE BETTER THAN OTHERS

I don't know why anytime the show is a bit "meh" people have ever gone full autist and acted like total drama queens, fucking ride it out dumbasses, when it's bad it's going to get better and when it's better it will eventually get worse at some point, as long as it still airs

Rant aside, I would probably say 1=2>4>7>6>5>3

>>30373109
Only complete and utter hivemind morons or utter and complete Flutter apologists think Pinkie did anything wrong in Filli Vanilli, and I only have any respect for the former for at least apparently really defending their crybaby of a waifu
>>
File: 1492179882401.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1492179882401.gif
2MB, 384x216px
The latest episode has left me extremely impressed so far this season

What impresses me most is that S7 isn't even good for the same reasons that made S1 good.
S7 has forged it's own identity and style that's a completely different creature from the older stuff, but rings true of older episodes here and there, leaving a legitimate and very polished product.
Maybe it's because I've been here too long, but having them add new themes and styles while also staying faithful to continuity gets me very giddy

The perfect pear was so GOAT I'm tempted to redo the entire /mlp/ episode ranking list just so it has a place up there with RoH and AF
>>
>>30372684
>god tier episode with Flurry
Fuck off, shill.
>>
File: large.png (488KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
488KB, 1280x720px
Honestly, this entire season has been incredible so far.

I legit can't find an episode I would call outright "bad" or "unwatchable". Characterization has been on point, lots of memorable scenes, interesting stories and character development...fuck, even the Fluttershy pet episode, which is lower on my list than the others, is a simple, chill, fun episode that celebrates Fluttershy's character growth and has some nifty callbacks.

We have thirteen episodes to go, and I'm stuck somewhere between excitement and fear; will the rest of the season build on what we have at this point and be even better, or is this the peak of the season and it's downhill from here?

Anyway, Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco have been nailing it this season. I had to go back and double check what their first episode was. Turns out it was Castle Sweet Castle back in season 5.
>>
>>30373292
I was tempted to do a mid season ranking with just the 13 episodes we have so far to sate my curiosity.
>>
>>30372684
>Dash's parents reviled
>Reviled

Go back to school anon, this site is for 18+ only.
>>
>>30372684
Fluttershy leans in has to be the worst episode of the entire show for me so far.
>>
The "good" episodes of this season are just the ones that gave what we wanted for YEARS, things that are long overdue and should already have been dealt with a long time ago. See that, Hasbro? Give us what we want, and the show will stay good and popular. It's that easy. Now do us a favor and drop Poochie, no one likes her anyway. Just put her in a bus and make her disappear.
>>
>>30372704
It means season three is worse than season five.
>>
>>30373362
>no one likes her anyway

Uh huh, no one likes her. Suuure...same thing they say about Sunset Shimmer.

I'm no Glimmerfag myself, but you're fucking dumb if you think nobody likes her. The fandom has gone crazy for her, basically any Twilight clone is a guaranteed hit and guaranteed to have tons of people waifu them
>>
>>30372704
S3 gets a bad rap desu, i know it was only half length and the finale was a bit of a wreck with big consequences but there was quite a few good episodes in the body of it.
>>
>>30373371
I'm sure trolls love Poochie, revelling on the butthurt she causes just by existing, but I doubt she has many legitimate fans.
>>
>>30373378
Whoa i guess that's why she has one of the most active waifu threads on the board.
>>
File: 1441167.png (375KB, 1232x690px) Image search: [Google]
1441167.png
375KB, 1232x690px
>>30373362
>no one likes her anyway
The fuck you on about, my dude?
Starlight's great. She's filled the long-empty gap that losing unicorn!Twilight left behind. If anything, having her around has opened up a whole new world of story opportunities. Look at A Royal Problem; that episode simply couldn't have happened if she wasn't around.
If anything, I'm hoping we get to see more of her. Last season just sort of tiptoed around her, but she's been very active lately.
>>
>>30373389
>Implying waifufagging on this shithole means anything
They make waifus out of everything, even shit OCs

But in reality, they had to bring Trixie back from the forgotten characters vault and make her somehow befriend Glimmer. Trixie was always a fan favorite, but the show staff themselves never gave a shit about her. But they KNOW that people would be more willing to give Glimmer a chance if Trixie is there to make things interesting. Actions speak louder than words.

Besides, did you miss the interview with some staff member where the interviewer took the opportunity to shit on Poochie, calling her a Mary Sue. The staff member was offended but who cares? Glimmer is hated to the point that people will tell that to Hasbro staff to their faces, no fucks given, instead of the usual appeasement and cock sucking
>>
I actually agree, OP. Except that S1 > S2 in my opinion, and S3 is arguably superior to S5.
About Lady Writers, I like how much they care for callbacks and continuity. They aren't perfect by any means, but they're among the best writers currently in the show.
>>
>>30372684
>>30373291
>>30373425
Why do you guys have S5 so low?
I'd think stuff like CotLM and Amending Fences would at least keep it in the middle, so what puts the other seasons over it for you Anons?
>>
>>30373423
You really should admit when you're wrong anon, something glimmy is good at.
I know it can be hard to imagine that not everyone thinks the way you do but it's a reality we all have to face.
>>
>>30373433
Make no mistake, I like S5, and those episodes you mentioned are great. I just judge a season by its density of good episodes rather than the absolute number. I guess this is why I'm always surprised that most people seem to judge S3 extremely poorly, while I only see AFR, SaYS and JFS as subpar episodes (and I think they're more than balanced out by OBA, MD and SiP).
>>
>Look at A Royal Problem; that episode simply couldn't have happened if she wasn't around
Dood, where do I fucking start. Take glims out and have the sisters just switch places. That's fucking it
>>
>>30373466
If a third wheel was really needed, Twilight was there.
>>
>>30373408
Indeed, nobody else would be retarded enough to not learn to not use magic on others and be perfect enough to have it end up a good thing and be forgiven. Needed a Writer's Pet for such episode.
>>
>>30372684
>teacups
wrong, those episodes are amongst the garbage of this season alongside the Flutteshy episode
>>
>>30373408
>She's filled the long-empty gap that losing unicorn!Twilight left behind.
The only one who can fill that gap has been gone for 3 and a half seasons.
>>
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like how Trixie was characterized in All Bottled Up.
>>
>>30373459
Fair enough. I go by overall how much I liked things in a season as opposed to desnsity, so peaks like those two episodes have a heavy influence on me.
>>
>>30373492
There's nothing wrong with using magic to solve your problems though.
>>
>>30373510
It is when it involves using it on other ponies without their consent, and WE ALREADY HAD THIS LESSON STARLIGHT IS A RETARD.
>>
>>30373083
Queasy queasy
>>
>>30373501
SHHHH.

You're not allowed to say something is wrong with an episode, some Anons have autism, so won't like seeing that posted.
>>
>>30373519
This is one of the main reasons she's so hated. She screws up, says she's sorry and learned her lesson, gets away with no punishment, and then on the next episode she forgets everything and does the same thing again, to the same outcome. She's like a spoiled special needs kid from an affluent family, that must be left to do whatever they want or ELSE...
>>
>>30373552
Literally when has she done this.
>eltsd
Everyone is clearly angry at her and she has to spend a lot of time making things right.
>all bottled up
I'm not sure how so many people miss the hamfisted as fuck metaphor here, the only thing she did wrong was not tell trixie how she felt.
>>
>>30373566
See
>>30373519
>>
>>30373575
A royal problem? The crucial difference here is that in ARP she uses magic to tackle her anxiety head on, she knows what she needs to do and also happens to have a very good solution to the problem. It's also far less invasive.
In ELTSD she uses magic to avoid her anxiety, she causes more damage and she completely misses the point of what she's trying to accomplish.
Sometimes it's ok to use a heavy hand and give someone a shove.
>>
>>30373592
>doing fucked up shit is ok if it solves problems and things turn alright at the end

So, if your family neglects your house's security, the solution is to pick up a gun and simulate a robbery. Point a gun at your mother, say that she's gonna die, and then take out the disguise and reveal it was all fake, and proceed to lecture her on the needs for home security. Your family will be scared to death, but who cares? Sometimes it's just ok to use a heavy hand and give someone a shove
>>
File: 457457134.gif (2MB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
457457134.gif
2MB, 500x385px
>>30373083
>everything is a forced meme
it was adorkable to see trixie freak out when she finally cast "real" magic for the first time and you know it.
>>
>>30372684
S5>S2>S7>S1>S6>S4>S3
>>
>>30373623
That's a dumb fallacy because it's far more extreme.
Starlight knew they weren't appreciating eachother, she needed them to empathise with eachother but when confronted they refused to open up to the other's point of view. So she made them do eachother's jobs.
She admits she acted a little brash but in the end it was the right thing to do (and probably more importantly for the writers, the fastest thing to do)
>>
File: 1399738712745.gif (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1399738712745.gif
2MB, 960x540px
>>30373291
Pinkie was completely OOT and has been ever since, that's why I said character assassination. Re-watch episodes such as The Ticket Master, Fall Weather Friends, It's about Time and/or MMMystery on the friendship express; now compare that to the mess that is Filly Vanilli. It's only the same character in appearance, because that's a whole different character and has been ever since. She has always been somewhat annoying, but she became very obnoxious and loud. She's dead and not coming back
>>
>>30373661
>Swapping the "talents" of the royal sisters who just so happen to govern the entire land as well as control the positioning of the sun and moon is perfectly sane and was well thought out.

>"I... went with my gut?"
>>
>>30373727
I clearly meant out of character, I probably got distracted
>>
>>30373733
It's nowhere near on the same level as humiliating someone and making them fear for their life.
As you said she didnt just swap tramp stamps but their talents as well, the day night cycle would go on just fine unless one just refused to do the job.
>>
>>30373378
>but I doubt she has many legitimate fans.
Hah, doubt all you want. Plenty of people gave up their waifus for her the moment she turned face, just like when Sunset Shimmer got reformed.
>>30373433
It's not that I think S5 had zero good episodes, hell, I don't think S3 had zero good episodes. It's just that I think other seasons are more to my liking. Plus being >>30373291 I have to say I fucked up and I meant to put 5 before 6, I thought S5 was much better than S6 but I fucked up
>>30373423
>>Implying waifufagging on this shithole means anything
It means everything when the argument is "nobody likes her", sorry, you're wrong....lots of people like her.
>>30373727
Ok, so you want me to re watch Filly Vanilli....an episode that I already said Pinkie was fine in in order to get me to change me opinion? Kek, the whole idea of "ITS NEW PINKIE" is so retarded, a meme that took off and some morons took way too seriously. How about you re watch Pinkie Pride or any number of episodes where Pinkie acted just fine since Filli Vanilli
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>30373835
i actually really liked ponk in filli vanilli
>>
>>30373850
Who doesn't?
>>
File: 553054.gif (3MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
553054.gif
3MB, 576x324px
>>30373835
Nah, you're just a deluded Hasbro apologist, it was never my intention to change your opinion but offer a different perspective. Pinkie was also awful in Pinkie Pride, how can you offer that as an example? You clearly never paid attention to this character if that's what you think, how out of touch can you be? Seriously? Fucking meme faces, quesadillas and loud bullshit? Look at pic related, when did this garbage happen to this degree prior to S4? Fuck off
>>
>>30373885
>Nah, you're just a deluded Hasbro apologist
Not really, as a lifelong consumer of Hasbro media and product, I am quite critical of them when they do something I don't like. I'll never forgive them for giving Beast Machines the OK and I still resent them for waiting until Animated until bringing production of tv shows to the USA since Japan is awful at it

>it was never my intention to change your opinion but offer a different perspective.
I've heard it, I say it's wrong. I don't think Pinkie did anything wrong in Filli Vanilli, she was being Pinkie Pie and pointing out what's obvious to the audience in contrast to the shows mellodrama, and Fluttershy was being an overdramatic cry baby. Nothing new there.

>Pinkie was also awful in Pinkie Pride, how can you offer that as an example? You clearly never paid attention to this character if that's what you think, how out of touch can you be?
Explain how, lol

> Fucking meme faces, quesadillas and loud bullshit? Look at pic related, when did this garbage happen to this degree prior to S4? Fuck off
I can't do anything but sigh at this point. Pinkie was never not random, she was never not silly, she was never not blunt, she was never not obnoxious (to some)

Quesadillas was a what....S5 meme? and clearly you don't remember The Last Roundup, quite frankly my dear, you're a damned moron
>>
>>30373291
>when it's bad it's going to get better
Tell that to The Simpsons. I'm sure the fact that the current episodes being 5/10 on average is so much better than when theywere 3. It's not like they were ever 9 or 10.

>Only complete and utter hivemind morons or utter and complete Flutter apologists think Pinkie did anything wrong in Filli Vanilli
>"Don't prank her Rainbow, she's too sensitive."
>"Let me exaccerbate your fears and anxieties while being completely oblivious to your feelings, unlike in S1."
That's fantatic levels of denial. You should get raped with a rock.
>>
>>30373958
>Tell that to The Simpsons. I'm sure the fact that the current episodes being 5/10 on average is so much better than when theywere 3. It's not like they were ever 9 or 10.
A fair point but I don't watch "adult cartoons" nor did I ever get the appeal of them with minor exceptions

The Simpsons doesn't have a story, the characters are vehicle for jokes and nothing more. It's one dimensional, never understood how people get involved in such non characters and non plots who will never develop and never grow or never achieve anything beyond the next punchline

>>Only complete and utter hivemind morons or utter and complete Flutter apologists think Pinkie did anything wrong in Filli Vanilli
>"Don't prank her Rainbow, she's too sensitive."
>"Let me exaccerbate your fears and anxieties while being completely oblivious to your feelings, unlike in S1."

Here's the thing, in S1 Pinkie Pie was being reasonable....oh, don't prank her, it would make her upset!
Pinkie realizes this, as pranks are considered mean by many

In Filli Vanilli the situation was not doing anything mean, it was Pinkie telling the truth in her Pinkie Pie way over being overly excited, and Fluttershy couldn't handle that truth because she is so sensitive, or was at that point. Pinkie did nothing wrong, and she was fine in her actions because she knew that.

Pinkie Pie is always honest, sometimes brutally so, need I reference the episode A Friend in Deed? Where she told all of Ponyville Cranky was bald? Pinkie is honest because she sees nothing wrong with the truth, totally different situation
>>
>>30374098
There was nothing to indicate she knew if Cranky was insecure about it and just assumed he wasn't, with a person she barely knew.

With a friend she's known for probably years, she should have known that she's not used to something as blunt as that, if she wouldn't prank her over that, she wouldn't have exaggarated what being on stage was like. Don't make up BS or falsely equate to defend the indefensible you worthless fucking Hasdrone.
>>
>>30374277
I'm not making anything up, I'm pointing out the facts
Pinkie did not exaggerate (learn to spell foreigner) anything, the simply retold the events that just literally happened
Fluttershy cried because couldn't face it

>Hasdrone
Kek, only an idiot uses this term at this point in the argument. You're going in circles and will forever, you are a non intellect, you are a moron. You're fucking Barneyfag.
>>
>>30372684
>putting a season only mid way through on a ranking list with other completed seasons

retard
>>
>>30374568
Well
>>
>>30373408
>that episode simply couldn't have happened if she wasn't around.
how fucking delusional can you Glimmerfags be, Twilight could've easily filled her spot
>inb4 "BUT MUH BIAS"
that's why having Twilight do it would've been great, having her learn that her mentor isn't perfect and except that fact could've added a new layer to Twilight's character and opened new paths for her in future episodes
>>
>>30376278
Hmm?
>>
>>30376366
That suggestion is stupid because it would have taken more time away from the royal sisters, which is the focus they wanted to have.
I'm not that guy and personally i don't see why it had to be glimmer, but i also don't see why it shouldn't have been her either.
>>
>>30376366
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.