[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So where do we go from here? How the fuck are they ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 36

File: 1468138.jpg (65KB, 829x462px) Image search: [Google]
1468138.jpg
65KB, 829x462px
So where do we go from here? How the fuck are they ever going to top this?
>>
>>30371364
With Spike's parents episode of course.
>>
>>30371364
You'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>30371395
>Spike's parent(s) finally come looking for him
>He has no feelings for them since that role has been filled by Twilight.
>>
>>30371364
> In b4 retards asking for a Starlight parents episode because whatever other ponies have, Poochie MUST have it too.
>>
>>30371430
That alone could be the basis for a great story, his parents really want to have him back but they can see why he would want to stay living with ponies, ESPECIALLY if Spike resents them for abandoning him before he was born.
>>
>>30371364
>How the fuck are they ever going to top this?
Agree
I'm a little scared that after such a GOAT episode, it'll make the rest of the season look lackluster by comparison
>>
>>30371364
Don't worry, I'm sure that no matter what happens in future episodes, /mlp/ will complain about it.
That's how the world turns.
>>
>>30371452
I like that. I want that. I don't care if it's fic or not. Any stories with that premise?
>>
File: 1477246052820.jpg (41KB, 390x391px) Image search: [Google]
1477246052820.jpg
41KB, 390x391px
>>30371364
We don't. We'll remain attached to this moment in time and cherish it, unable to let it go, like an anchor to keep us afloat in an ocean of disillusion and disappointment.
Until the day when a new writer will come and retcon Pear's and Bright's death, making this episode less interesting in retrospect, and thereby killing what little hope was left in our miserable souls.
>>
>>30371364
>Did you know, you are my very best friends?
>Book closes
>>
>>30373522
I know I'd cry like a little girl
>>
>>30371364
Does it strike anyone else as odd that literally none of Pear Butter's foals took after her in looks?
>>
>>30371364
With Nyx
>>
>>30373410
But the moment is ruined by the most epic shitposting Aussies ever did.
>>
Probably the series finale, good lord they better not fuck that one up.
>>
>>30373875
>series finale
Glimmer becomes an alicorn and the 7th EoH
>>
>>30373867
>tfw you realize the biggest hype discovery family tried to create has been fucked by some random country again.
>>
>>30373867
>It aired sooner
>Ruined
Found the discoveryfag.
>>
File: 1413660677194.jpg (20KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1413660677194.jpg
20KB, 338x430px
>>30373894
the point isnt it aired sooner, its that nothing is scheduled anymore. this place had little enough discussion as it was, and now its impossible to guarantee everyone is going to watch the episodes at the same time, let alone the majority.

no more comfy saturday morning mulpversary streams.
>>
>>30373909
No sticky thread
>>
>>30373894
I don't care about the network or the country. I'm just mad that he channel that showed it doesn't have an HD version. In year 2017 for fuck's sake, like it's some Easter European tlelvision or some shit. And I feel sad for those murrifat anons who are trying to wait for the DF release but likely got spoiled their experience already.
>>
>>30373909
The only people missing out on the discussion is the autists who don't watch it as soon as it airs. To be perfectly honest, I prefer the Canadian and Australian airings, they have less commercials, and I guarantee that commercials would have ruined this episode.
>>
>>30371364
It wasn't even that good. They answered basically nothing, only raised more questions like how the fuck did neither of the three siblings try to find something out about their parents for so long or what happened to the pear orchard, we still don't know what happened to the parents as well.
Like we actually know next to nothing about them except for what they looked like. The romance story is as generic as it gets, and doesn't delve into anything interesting. Like how Pearmom was accepted into the Apple family. The song was as generic radio country as it gets, too.
People are treating the episode as GOAT because we waited seven years for these feels, and it definitely stands out in the drivel that is S7, but overall this barely makes the top 20.
>>
>>30373919
>they have less commercials
Nothing in the world has more commercials than the US TV
>>
>>30373923
>They answered basically nothing, only raised more questions
But that's the best part about literally any series or movies. What's interesting there to discuss or fantasize about if you have all the answers?
>>
>>30373919
not everyone is able to keep up with every leaked bit of info spread all over the place. even the people that spend gratuitous amounts of time here might have missed it until after it initially aired.
then theres the possibility where they couldnt watch it even if they knew when itd be on because its a fucking wednesday.

>>30373931
US radio.
>>
>>30373934
Then why even have the episode at all? We discussed and fantasized for seven years.
Just kill the show completely, because every new episode will just ruin someone's headcanon, fanfiction and art.
>>
>>30373941
you realize leaving some questions unanswered or raising new questions is the best way to keep heacanons and fanfictions alive.
>>
>>30373941
>not wanting more new pone
>ever
I am left with no other option than request you to delet this post.
>>
>>30373923
>how the fuck did neither of the three siblings try to find something out about their parents for so long
They knew plenty, they just didn't know their mother was a Pear.

>what happened to the pear orchard
The place where you see the conjoined Apple and Pear tree used to be the border of the two properties, as seen in the wedding scene, since it's all apple trees years later, we're lead to the assumption that the Apples bought the land from them.

>we still don't know what happened to the parents as well.
And god willing, we never will.

>The romance story is as generic as it gets
Yes, your basic Romeo and Juliet plotline. The point of the episode was learning that she was an Apple and how they got together, not 'The Life and Times Of Pear Butter: A Biography'

>Like how Pearmom was accepted into the Apple family.
She adopted the Apples as her family first, and if you watch the show, you'd know how big the Apples are on family.

You're nitpicking at shit that was subtly placed in the episode, but too subtle for your autistic ass to get since you need everything spelled out to you in bright, bold letters. I agree with you though, this is hardly the best episode ever, there've been many 'Best Episode Ever's.
>>
>>30373950
>learning that she was an Apple
Sorry, Pear, I'm mixing up my fruits.
>>
>>30371364
But how does this explain the Apple's relation to the Oranges?
>>
>>30373969
youre comparing apples to oranges.
>>
File: 1391366692079.gif (140KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1391366692079.gif
140KB, 853x480px
>>30373323
I am one of the fags that is nearly complaining all the time, the last episode actually made me stop and concede that there may be some hope for this fucking train wreck.
>>
File: 835685.gif (324KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
835685.gif
324KB, 500x278px
>>30373975
>>
>>30373983
Except I just fucking admitted it was good.
You are a retard.
>>
Do a Scootaloo episode and make me cry.
>>
>>30373995
you are still a cynical asshole, you cynical asshole.
it takes god tier episodes for you to just say "well mayyyyybe it can still be good."
>>
>>30374004
Maybe because I wish it was even better? Do you think people seriously hope that the show sucks ass? Maybe you are going to tell me I want the world to be utter shit all the time or most of the time too next.
>>
File: 1359745229400.jpg (92KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1359745229400.jpg
92KB, 500x650px
>>30374000
Make her parents be the cause of why she is a cripple by some stupid careless mistake and they are scumbags and too busy to care for her.
>>
>>30374012
>cynical: concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them.
you cynical asshole.
>>
>>30373522
I'd actually feel a surge of sad emotions, and then from there not feel anything again.
>>
File: 1475423748613.gif (141KB, 226x252px) Image search: [Google]
1475423748613.gif
141KB, 226x252px
>>30374023
Anybody cares only about themselves.
I used to give a shit about other people and I only received hate, so fuck off faggot.
You don't know shit about me.
>>
>>30374012
>Do you think people seriously hope that the show sucks ass? Maybe you are going to tell me I want the world to be utter shit all the time or most of the time too next.
That's what you really want but afraid to admit.
>>
>>30374032
If I wanted that I would just leave this board and join Lee Goldson and his people and recklessly bash the show without even watching it.
>>
>>30374028
craaaaaawling in my crawwwwwl
my mom took away my xbox and mall privileges
>>
>>30374044
I was homeless and poor and starving for some years
You don't got shit on me and I am not a stupid white kid that complains about his problems on the internet thinking that they have it super bad.
>>
>>30374028
>Anybody cares only about themselves
>I used to give a shit about other people and I only received hate
t. cynical asshole
>You don't know shit about me
ive met a thousand people like you. you claim you want the show to "not be shit" but in the back of your head you secretly hope its shit just so you can feel vindicated about bitching nonstop.
in the meantime most other people already think the show is okay to great on a regular basis because they dont have a ridiculously high standard they expect to be met, much less by a childrens cartoon show. this isnt house, its my little pony. get some perspective.
>>
>>30374081
>I was homeless and poor and starving for some years
You're not anymore are you? So stop your bitching.
>>
>>30374096
Yeah because one can forget that easily
Go to hell all of you.
>>30374091
Fuck off
We should always aim for excellence rather than mediocrity.
What you are suggesting is equivalent to letting dog food rot a bit before eating it everytime because "who cares, it is for the dog"
>>
>>30374110
>We should always aim for excellence rather than mediocrity
as individuals, yes. for the show, there is no "we." you have absolutely no impact on how the show performs. all youre doing is shitting up a place you could otherwise be happy hanging out and in turn making yourself miserable.

just as a change of pace, how about you watch a few episodes and concentrate on finding things to enjoy rather than reasons why its the worst thing in your life.
>>
>>30373950
Yeah, it was all subtly placed and implied and we're lead to assume and believe, and instead of actually exploring some of those potentially interesting conflicts we got 15 minutes of R&J with 5 minutes of Apple Siblings running to the next holotape to hear the next part of the story. That's my gripe with the episode, instead of telling something more interesting or going a bit further, it's literally only Romeo and Juliet with a country song and a happy ending. That's good enough to be an above average episode, but it could have been so much more, too.
>>
>>30374123
I did that when I used to enjoy most episodes, during early seasons.
We had feels and we shared great moments in streams like when derpy talked for the first time and the SECRET BUTT FUN meme.
I am just disappointed about most of the episodes now.
It is ridiculous that I have to rewatch them to remember what was good about them, a good show doesn't need you to rewatch it because the good shit about it sticks forever.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-24-02h10m10s663.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-24-02h10m10s663.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>30374081
>I was homeless and poor and starving for some years
>You don't got shit on me and I am not a stupid white kid that complains about his problems on the internet thinking that they have it super bad.

WAKE ME UP, WAKE ME UP INSIDE, I CAN'T WAKE UP,
WAKE ME UP INSIDE, SAVE ME,
CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DAKR, WAKE ME UP
BID MY BLOOD TO RUN, I CAN'T WAKE UP
BEFORE I COME UNDONE, SAVE ME
SAVE ME FROM THE NOTHING I'VE BECOME
>>
>>30374136
>I did that
>I used to enjoy most episodes, during early seasons
and there you have it. the only thing that changed between then and now is you. go back to watching and looking for reasons to like it instead of reasons to hate it.

from what ive observed it seems like this is happening because back during s1 and s2 there was plenty of outside opposition to why you should hate the show. in response people who enjoyed it were forced to look for all the reasons they liked it and respond in kind.
now that most people outside the fandom dont give a shit and no longer try to convince anyone the show is shit people who enjoy the show no longer need to look for all the reasons they love it anymore beyond their own self interest.

yes anon, there are many flaws now. there were many flaws in every single season. the severity of them is up to personal opinion, but the fact is they were always there. the only difference is how much you let those flaws impact your own enjoyment.
>>
>>30374164
>the only thing that changed between then and now is you
You could just have said this from the start so I could ignore your arguments.
When most of the people that used to watch is stopping and you pull out this bullshit from your trick hat, I can never take you seriously.
And don't pull that bullshit on me that a "true fan" (aka fanboy, not a fan) would watch his team even if they lost everytime or nearly everytime.
>>
>>30373950
>I agree with you though, this is hardly the best episode ever, there've been many 'Best Episode Ever's.
I also really enjoyed the episode but I have to agree with this assessment. I don't know why so many are claiming it's the show's pinnacle
>>
>>30374178
ignore me or dont, do as you please. im not here to try to convince you youre wrong but youd be wise to consider what ive said.
s7 is almost identical to s1 in that all the episodes have been focused on slice of life rather than adventures or villains. it feels almost exactly the same.
youre also under the assumption "true fans" feel like you do when really as ive already said its up to personal opinion. ive greatly enjoyed this seasons so far, and i plan to continue enjoying this season, and the next.
>>
>>30374198
"the best episode" really depends on what speaks to you personally. i know my favorite episode "sleepless in ponyville" isnt objectively the best episode in the series, but its still my favorite one.
>>
>>30374198
>I don't know why so many are claiming it's the show's pinnacle
Hype.
>>
>>30374205
There is good stuff there, it is just that after the castle, the wingz, Glimmer horrible redemption and the stupid rainbow power is hard to pretend those things are justifiable and to try and overlook them.
Specially if the castle is literally all the time on screen along with Twilight having wings.
There is simply a point where the bad is way too much to balance out the good.
>>
>>30374110
>Yeah because one can forget that easily
Get over it.
>>
>>30373946
Yeah that went over real well the the sopranos
>>
>>30374262
Well there is no way for you to know unless you have suffered a similar hell, so fuck if you would understand.
>>
>>30373966
Bet your dad says that about you when he grocery shops
>>
>>30374254
yet you overlooked the rainbow power turning NMM good in episode 1 despite them using the elements of harmony to do so when we know celestia also used the elements just to banish her in the first place.
you overlooked discord actually letting them defeat him even though he was seemingly the most powerful being in equestria that could change reality at will.
you overlooked the changeling invasion be thwarted by two ponies touching horns and blowing them all away team rocket style and they didnt return for no raisins.

you are biased. the only thing that changed is you.
>>
>>30374254
>it is just that after the castle, the wingz, Glimmer horrible redemption
I don't think these are that big of a deal, and rainbow power is just tradition at this point since the 80s.
>>
>>30371364
MLP has always managed to have great episodes at least once in a while, don't worry.
>>
>>30374269
If you're here now, it wasn't that bad.
>>
File: 1452735784518.gif (258KB, 255x269px) Image search: [Google]
1452735784518.gif
258KB, 255x269px
>>30374292
I am here only because I was lucky of not being killed or something and in the exact moment I had lost all hopes of ever leaving that horrible hell, my Father died and I inherited his stuff so I went from rags to riches.
Otherwise, you and me wouldn't have even met.
>>
>>30373392
My Little Dashie
>>
>>30374312
So hang on, you had family that remained in contact with you so you could inherit their estate, but you didn't go to them for help?
>>
>>30374272
He's a 53 year old deadbeat who lives in his mother's basement, he doesn't grocery shop.
>>
File: 1483514786640.jpg (1MB, 1269x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1483514786640.jpg
1MB, 1269x1920px
>>30374368
My Father disowned me and said I had lost all my rights the moment I left the house with my mother.
He changed his mind later.
Seriously, you fags think I am a cry baby, but I have went through some serious shit that gives me nightmares.
>>
File: 1494394846437.jpg (62KB, 320x502px) Image search: [Google]
1494394846437.jpg
62KB, 320x502px
>>30374388
Sort yourself out. Turn your weaknesses into your most valuable strengths. Not everyone has the opportunity to experience life's hardness in its full extent while still in their youth, but everyone eventually does.
There is no "avoid all suffering" option, but there is the option to improve yourself so that you acquire better weapons to face the adversities.
Integrate your shadow and become a hero (not an hero though; common mistake).
>>
File: 1398114178180.gif (63KB, 333x260px) Image search: [Google]
1398114178180.gif
63KB, 333x260px
>>30374437
I sorted my life out anon.
Mother is proud, sister is fine and the rest of our family is kinda jealous.
Most people would say "then it was worth it2 but I am still unsure if it really was.
I don't think I'll be able to forget until I get alz heimer or if I lose my memory somehow.
>>
>>30374040
Doesn't Lee actually watch the show?
>>
>>30374481
He is well known for lying though.
He only watches it with hatred so of course no matter what the show does, he will always think it is 100% shit no matter what.
>>
>>30374449
That's great to hear, anon. If that shit has been instrumental to putting you in a better place, I think it was worth it. Next time something like that happen (and it will) you'll be in a much better position to take it on. Godspeed anon, I hope I'll also manage to sort out my life properly.
>>
File: abandon all hope.png (603KB, 1031x578px) Image search: [Google]
abandon all hope.png
603KB, 1031x578px
>>30374518
>and it will
This is exactly why I want to kill myself now, before it happens. I don't think I'll have the strength this time, no more.
>>
>>30374545
You will if you learn to find meaning in life, and you need to take on responsibilities in order for that to happen. Create your own meaning, busy yourself with something wholesome, something you can be proud of. Possibly, something that leaves the world in a better shape than how you found it, even a iota better.
Read great books, they will expand your toolset against the menace of nihilism and your knowledge of the culture which hosts you. The culture itself is predicated on the assumption that life is meaningful, and that didn't turn out too shabby, did it?
There are so many things to learn, anon, why throw them all away for mere fear of the future, however well-founded?
>>
>>30373849
I'd say Applejack would look like her if she poofed her mane up a bit. But you know she won't let you near it with a brush.
>>
>>30374630
I have tried to make a meaning for myself but I have always failed.
I honestly tried to kill myself three times already but something stopped me everytime somehow.
Like I seriously pushed the knife against my chest but It was like something invisible just didn't let me hurt myself.
So I just gave up and let the current drag me around, because
I couldn't even kill my fucking self.
>>
>>30371395
>>30371430
>>30371364
An episode on spikes parents, scootaloos parents and a story on how applejack, big mac and apples blooms parents died.
>>
>>30374728
Look up Jordan Peterson on Youtube. He's a psychologist, but a based one (made me reevaluate psychology, which I used to deem a bunch of unscientific bullshit).
Listening to him is helping me a lot with life and its meaning, and he drops eye-widening truth bombs at such a rate and with such articulate clarity you cannot believe it. The guy is a monster.
He has a whole bunch of university lectures about just this argument, called Maps of Meaning. Amazing stuff, I can't overstate its helpfulness. The only problem is they're kinda long, but you'll likely get hooked early enough. I know I did.
>>
>>30374824
Ah refuge in philosophy, I assume.
Yeah I have tried that.
Well thanks anyway, and I will drop it here because i am blogging too much.
>>
>>30374844
Don't be so quick to dismiss it, anon. I'll also stop posting, so take care.
>>
File: 1480726920073.png (106KB, 1198x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1480726920073.png
106KB, 1198x1198px
>>30374164
>the only thing that changed between then and now is you
What the fuck are you on about, you dumbfuck? Season 1 and 7 were almost entirely written by different people, directed by different people, likely managed by different people to a considerable degree, and the latter is about characters after 6 seasons worth of episodes. How the fuck can someone be so monumentally retarded, as to claim that "the only thing that changed between then and now is you"?
>>
>>30373867
I disagree. The ocasional early leak like this is fine. Problems come when it is repeated like the cqnadian leak.
>>
>>30373849
> Her freckles and mane color went to Applejack's coat plus her skill with playing instruments.
>>
>>30375230
Dude, Faust herself said that her original vison and what Meghan did to the show are so different and contradictory that nothing short of a cosmic retcon could put the show back on it's original track.

First of all, Faust hated the human poses, tried her best to avoid any modern tech or modern day settings, never wanted to turn Twilight into a princess, originally wanted to turn Trixie into a serious villain, never wanted to have more than 2 alicorns (Cadance was turned into an alicorn behind of her back), never liked the idea of redeeming all villains, wants absolutely nothing to do with Equestria Girls, wanted to make Firefly being Rainbow Dash's mom and would have never wanted to have Poochie casting a shadow over Twilight and Celestia.

There's a reason why he do not watch the show no matter how hard people like Miller try to bait her into doing it so she might praise them.
>>
>>30375306
Thank you. I just can't fathom, how someone can be so blind that in their mind the only significant change could've been the viewer.
>>
File: 1427840220252.png (2MB, 3400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1427840220252.png
2MB, 3400x3600px
>>30375306
The show is better than Faust's vision except for the more than two princesses nonsense.
>>
File: 137080732527.png (102KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
137080732527.png
102KB, 640x480px
>>30374824
I'm not that guy but
>"they're kinda long"
>mfw Average video length of two and a half hours on that playlist.
This better be good anon.
>>
>>30373923
Who hurt you?
>>
File: 1498218014837.jpg (13KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1498218014837.jpg
13KB, 261x192px
>>30371395
>>30371364
>Spike missing parents
>Scotaloo neglectfull parents
>Discord lonely childhood + Fluttercord feels
>Scorpan and Tirek re-united in Luna&Celestia episode (without Starlight or mane6)
>Aj parent story on how they died
>Starswirls death explained
>>
File: death.png (3MB, 2870x1614px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
3MB, 2870x1614px
>>
>>30374081
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>30375875
> Scorpan returns to Equestria
> He's the one who brought Spike's egg to Celestia for safekeeping because it's parents (who were Scorpan's friends as well) were in mortal danger due to a power struggle among noble dragons
> He failed to save his friends and has been hunting their murderers all this time
> One day he began to hear stories about a dragon cub who lives among ponies
> The stories escalate to the point where the dragon cub became the Crystal Kingdom her and also could have been Dragonlord but rejected the title on his own
> Scorpan returns to Equestria to see how Spike is doing and makes an absolutely terrible first impression to the kid because of his link with Tirek.
> Scorpan takes Spike's rejection really bad but asks Celestia to keep his relationship with Spike's parents as a secret because he failed to protect them so he deserves to be hated by Spike, no matter the reason
> Spike overhears this and is torn between knowing that Scorpan is feeling really guilty and is the only one who can tell him about his origins, but at the same time failed to protect his parents and he's the indirect reason why he's all alone in the world.
> Episode is all about forgiveness and at the end Spike and Scorpan start forming a bond
> Scorpan decides to dedicate the rest of his live to protect Spike as a way to atone for his failure
> Spike asks him to tech him how to be stronger instead so both of them could protect everyone
>>
File: 1389322412110.png (568KB, 3676x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1389322412110.png
568KB, 3676x4000px
>>30375942
>was poor
>Implying I had a fucking cellphone to take pics
>>
>>30375993
I've seen lots of self proclaimed "poor" attention whores having iphones and unlimited internet access to remind everyone 24/7 about how poor and sob sob they are.
>>
>>30376002
Nigga I was poor during the 2000-2008 years.
Here in my shitty country you couldn't even own a cellphone back then unless you stole one or you had a good job.
Now every fucking nigger can own one, but not so much back then.
I was really poor, lived in a shit tier neighbourhood, I saw one dead man one day, I swear.
My mother and I survived eating beans and rice like the mexican meme goes nearly everyday, she had to work all fucking day to barely pay the rent and food.
I was a drop out and she got tired of my shit and kicked me out one day, because I always stole money from her.
I have been trying to repay her back now.
>>
>>30375306
Then maybe she should have stayed on.
>>
>>30371364
Sunset reconciling with Celestia.
>>
>>30376051
> "Pay attention to me, please!"
>>
>>30376071
Then stop asking my life story.
>>
File: 1450517400495.gif (2MB, 282x207px) Image search: [Google]
1450517400495.gif
2MB, 282x207px
>>30375875
Characters I'm hyped about for Meghan and Lady Writers to reintroduce to the show as reccuring cast:

1. Starswirl
2. Scorpan
3. Shadow Lock

SSS od doom
>>
>>30376088
> Asking
I never asked you to bore me to death with your pathetic life story in the first place. What the fuck made you believe you could come in here and ruin everyone's day by talking about crap nobody gives a shit about just because you are addicted to attention and e-praise?
>>
How does it feel knowing you'll never be able to make inbreeding jokes ever again now that AJ's parents are canon?
>>
>>30376116
Dislestia in the "past" of Discord was also debunked as Discord doesn't exist as an aging creature. He had no parents, childhood or maturity. He just existed when chaos was born.
>>
>>30375306
>never liked the idea of redeeming all villains
>second episode is about redeeming a villain
:^)
>>
>>30374844
Calling it "refuge" wouldn't be very accurate. I'd call it "scientific case for grounding oneself in who we are as humans and in the values and wisdom that we've gathered over possibly tens of thousands of years, rather than in scientific materialism."
>>
>>30376104
>as if there weren't people asking him before and you didn't jump into the conversation
>acting as if he should be able to read your mind and know which anon you are
>>
>>30376157
> One villain
> All villains
> "It's teh saem!"

Let me guess: Public school?
>>
>>30376265
It's not like she was around enough to set a precedent.
>>
>>30376191
Nobody asked, he just likes bitching about how hard and sad being homeless is, but don't worry, there's a happy ending and his dad dies and leaves him all the wealth.
>>
>>30375952
This, maybe?
>>
>>30371364
Starlight using a (temporary) spirit summoning spell on AJs parents to give them closure.

OP magic horse can finally be useful for something.
>>
>>30371364

>Best episode in years
>It has almost nothing to do with any of the main characters and happens well before S1E1

It's going to be tough. Most storytelling in the show now gets corrupted by Hasbro needing to squeeze in toy references (Like the mid-season shift from the Castle of the Two Sisters storyline to LELCRYSTALFRIENDSHIPCASTLELEL)

If we get a topper, it's going to be another case where new characters are written into the show. It's really tough to do more with the Mane 6 after this many episodes, we're getting into Simpsons territory.

They might manage it if they got something with Starswirl on sheer fucking epic fantasy tier story episode. But it'd be a different kind of feel.
>>
>>30376441
>the Castle of the Two Sisters storyline

I forgot about this. So they started redecorating and fixing the place just to abandon it again?
>>
>>30376460
Apparently, I hope they get back around to that.
>>
>>30376460

They'd already gotten a good chunk of S3 done when Hasbro took a big steaming shit on the entire thing. They weren't going to just write new episodes to tie it all together after already blowing budget, so the whole castle thing basically fades out after Inspiration Manifestation, meaning S3's storyline is brutally truncated to give us PRINCESS ALICORN TWILIGHT AND HER MAGICAL (BUYOURTOYS) CASTLE!

I think it finally got rammed into someone's skull after the whole shit bit with Rainbow Power later on and they've layed off it this season in favor of attempting some storytelling and worldbuilding instead.
>>
File: 1488498930914.png (26KB, 327x850px) Image search: [Google]
1488498930914.png
26KB, 327x850px
>>30371364
The episode was successful because it was something this fandom wanted for many years and they managed to NOT screw up, handling it pretty well. It's pretty easy, give something people want, and lo and behold, a 10/10 episode. The more requested a theme is, the stronger is the reaction towards it.
>>
>>30376516
But then why are Adventure episodes so bitched about when they come out despite them being wanted so much?
Is it just because the other 5 don't contribute usually?
>>
>>30376583
You know very well why the adventure episodes are bitched at. It's related to some OP pink mary sue piece of shit stealing the spotlight, not because they're "adventure"
>>
I make no exaggerations when I say I feel like this episode deserves to win an award. It feels so mature and elegant about how it presents a delicate subject for a children's show.
>>
>>30376645
this x100. It was so beautiful and complete.
>>
>>30376645
Agreed. Hearing that credits theme really made you feel something after it was over. Goes down as one of the best in the series IMO.
>>
That fucking snuggle during the song was the exact point my heart flat lined and the tears started falling.
It's so pure and something i'll never experience.
>>
>>30376614
The S5 finale was bitched about and she was just a villain there.

Additionally, legend of everfree was bitched about.
>>
File: SaltyAsFuck.png (400KB, 773x710px) Image search: [Google]
SaltyAsFuck.png
400KB, 773x710px
>>30376614
How is Pinkie a Mary Sue?
>>
>>30378178
The only thing that was bitched about the S5 finale was Glimmer's backstory and reformation. As for LoE, you got things completely wrong, what was bitched about was it's LACK of adventure, that they took a slice of life approach on that movie, resulting on it turning out to be pretty boring.
>>
>>30378178
>The S5 finale was bitched about and she was just a villain there.
>Just a villian
>Just a villian that outclassed Twilight in every possible way despite being magically outmatched the last time they 'fought'.
>Just a villian with the weakest backstory to date.
>Just a villian that was straight up given 7 new best friends instead of having to earn it.
>Just a villian that has faced zero repurcussions for potentially ruining equestria several times over.
Gee, i wonder why the episode was bitched about.
>>
>>30378211
people also bitched about the lack of importance given to rainbow dash for an episode about the sonic rainboom, and the flippant approach to time travel.
>>
>>30371433
>whatever other ponies have, Poochie MUST have it too.
>Apple parents have stopped living.

Hmm.
>>
>>30376614
to where and back again is regarded as one of the strongest two parters in the series yet. It had a strong adventure scenario, good villainy and threat, and had the villain defeated in a way besides just grabbing an instant win rainbow deus ex machina.
>>
>>30378356
>>30371433
Oh fuck off, its perfectly reasonable to ask for a family episode this season for Starlight. All the others are getting episodes about family because that's the theme of this season, so showing us starlight and sunburst's Families is a great idea.
>>
>>30378366
It also had huge plot holes.
>How the changelings managed to overpower and kidnap every single VIP in Equestria without a fight and without anyone noticing?
>Who the fuck was raising the sun and the moon?

It also HAD a deus ex machina, nevertheless, one that turned the changelings into eyecancerlings, ruining them forever.
>>
>>30378441
>without anyone noticing
They had shapeshifting magic, its what they do. They did it to cadence already.
>>
>>30378481
No excuse, Cadance is a dumb bimbo, but the elder princesses should know better. There's also another plot hole

>Chrysalis' convenient anti-magic shield working against Discord.
Of course, if there was no shield, Discord wouldn't been needed, Poochie would just blow everything with her bullshit OP magic.

The issue of the sun/moon cycle continuing as normal is still unjustifiable. They REALLY didn't think these episodes through when making them.
>>
>>30378534
Starlight couldn't defeat an entire army on her own, stop bullshitting. She's not that overpowered, nor is she a mary sue. Chrysalis would have beaten her without the others free at the end.
>>
>>30374269
You live in a place with access to the internet food and water. Your better off than 90% of the human population as a whole you entitled shit. Go try your luck in a third world country. No ebt for your ass.
>>
File: 1446256957633.jpg (125KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446256957633.jpg
125KB, 1600x1200px
>>30371430
>tfw I was adopted at 14 months old and never knew my real parents
>tfw you had desires as a teenager to find them one day
>tfw you later find out your biological mother killed herself
>tfw I'm 25 years old now and have zero desire to meet a complete stranger who left me 24 years ago
>>
>>30376360
Honestly, Scorpan should be involved with Spike's story somehow.
>>
>>30379190
The loving people who raised you your entire life are your real parents.
>>
>>30379211
This nigga gets it
>>
>>30378404
>Oh fuck off, its perfectly reasonable to ask for a family episode this season for Starlight.
No it's not, you fucking animal. Before Poochie could steal and ruin another episode like she ruined the long awaited Luna and Celestia episode, each and every of the original characters must be fully developed and given their full backstory and only after that, Poochie, who's a newcomer can have her turn.

Assholes like you who want to fuck up all other characters so Jim and Haber's crappy OC could have even more special things given for free are the worst.
>>
File: 1400465483725.png (1013KB, 1280x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1400465483725.png
1013KB, 1280x1026px
Watching the episode now.

This writing is amazing.
>>
>>30379376
>and then the song
I'm crying.
>>
>>30379371
>ruin
>That word, I do not think it means what you think it means
The celestia epsiode was beloved you retard.
>>
>>30379211
Wasn't that kind of the moral of Dragon quest anyways, just done in a shitty way?

I'd kind of like them to redo that moral with spike about him needing to realize that his family is twilight and them and he shouldn't feel bad about being adopted.
>>
>>30379428
Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco need to do that. They have an amazing track record, 3/4 top tier, one made me tear up, and one made me cry.
>"Celestial Advice"
>"All Bottled Up"
>"A Royal Problem"
>"The Perfect Pear"
>>
>>30379376
>"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
>"I know we're the perfect pair(pear)."
And so on. Such amazing writing.

And then there's the whole thing.
>>
>>30379520
>the moon still had nightmare moon on it during the song
Just perfect.
>>
File: Spikes Face When.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spikes Face When.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>30371395
>Episode with Spike's mom.
>She spends a few days having fun with Spike, doing things only dragons can do.
>But all she wanted was to see how her son could have become Dragon Lord only to give it up.
>Leaves him unexpectedly.
I guess Mama's Got a Brand New Excuse"
>>
File: Ponyville_S4E10.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ponyville_S4E10.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>30371364
can't wait
>>
>>30379613
She wouldn't care that he gave up the title because most dragons probably care very little about that.
>>
>>30379733
already been done
>>
>>30379613
>As his parents leave Spike sets down a gift on a nearby table.
>He almost laughs as he talks to a stunned Twilight.
>"Why should I be mad? At least they said goodbye this time. I just wish I hadn’t wasted my bits buying this stupid present. Hey, you know what, you aren't here to do nothing, you know? It isnt like I’m still a hatchling, you know? Isn't like I’m going to be sitting up every night, wondering 'when am I going to meet my parents' you know? Who needs them? Hey, they weren’t there to teach me how to breathe fire, but I learned, didn’t I? And I got pretty good at it too, didn’t I, Twilight? Got through asking Rarity on a date without them. I learned how to be brave, went through the Great Dragon Migration, I even became Dragon Lord without them. I had ten great birthdays without them. They never even sent me a card."
>Spike tenses up, the anger welling inside him.
>"To Tartarus with them! I didn't need them then and I don’t need them now!"
>He relaxes a bit, his grin returning as if this is all one big joke.
>"No, you know what, Twilight? I’m gonna help protect Equestria without them, I’m gonna live a great life without them, I’m gonna marry Rarity, I’m gonna have a whole bunch of foals and hatchlings, and be a better parent than they ever were. And I sure don’t need them for that, because there isn't a thing they could ever teach me about how to love my kids."
>There's silence in the main hall of the castle, Twilight unsure how to respond.
>Spike balls his hand into a fist, before letting it go. The sound of tears hitting the floor can just barely be made out.
>"How come they don’t want me, Twilight?"
>"Spike..."
>Twilight pulls Spike into a hug, covering him with her wings as both their eyes water.
>On a nearby table is Spike's gift to his parents.
>A crystal figure of two phoenixes embracing their chick.
>>
>>30380209
>I had ten great birthdays without them.
Spike is older than that, he's actually almost as old as Twilight.
>>
>>30378769
Starlight would make Chrysalis her bitch if they actually fought.
>>
Do you think Pear Butter sang "Appkes To The Core" or "Apple Family Lullaby" when she was around?
>>
File: aj 25 (100).png (283KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
aj 25 (100).png
283KB, 600x720px
>>30380382
Shit, you just gave me a crazy idea for feels.
We should ask Felicia day and Bill newton to sing a portion of the song along with the chorus.
Should we try and come up with new lines for them or just re-use parts of the original?
>>
>>30371364
What exactly am I looking at here?
>>
>>30371364
when Celestia dies, luna cant take it anymore and locks herself in the dreamworld becoming a sleeping beauty, and twilight has to take over the royal duties, at first her friends trying to keep in touch but the workload means twilight cant see them after so they drift apart, something happens and they need the elements of harmony, but it doest work anymore because their not close anymore. glimmer and her friends realize they can use the elements to save the world, and the main 6 realize they arnt friends anymore, but are happy that they were, the lesson will be something about being glad you were friends, even if it didnt last till the end of time. the main 6 leave to follow their dreams, twilight tears up, but spike is still with her. The show almost exclusively focuses on glimmer and her friends from then on.

aka Season 7 finally and Season 8 premier.
>>
>>30376516
>BIG alicorn twilight levels changes.
What does that even mean?
>>
>>30380546
I think using the original lyrics is good if they're actually doing it, the only necessary change might be "hush my little sister" to "hush my little pony" or something.
Granny smith's part on Apples To The Core and "a cutie mark won't change you no matter what you get" in Apple Family Lullaby have so much deeper meaning for me after watching The Perfect Pear.
>>
>>30371364
The same way they topped so many other episodes where people asked 'how are they going to top this?'.

With a better episode.
>>
Jeez I think the Apple family is the most tragic family in equestria,

>Son and daughter of granny Smith and grand pear respectively both die through farming accident or magical creature.

>grand pear and buttercup both weren't even able to make ammends with each other.

>they all are so strong about it even tho it wassent THAT long ago due to Apple bloom not being that old.
>>
>>30375306
>wanted to make Firefly being Rainbow Dash's mom
There's a good chance they just didn't have the copyright for Firefly anymore. A lot of the early pones were going to be their earlier-gen counterparts, but couldn't be for legal reasons.

>and would have never wanted to have Poochie casting a shadow over Twilight and Celestia.
Honestly, Faust probably would have wanted to end it by now. Season 3 was supposed to be a setup for their ultimate goals and destinies. It's likely that, in the face of 7+++ seasons, she would have run up against the same problems that caused the current crew to focus on Starlight.
>>
File: Celestia_defeated_S02E26.png (428KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Celestia_defeated_S02E26.png
428KB, 1280x720px
>>30378534
The love produced by Cadance + Shining is crazy strong. (Really, the most powerful magics in this world are produced by relationships, so it shouldn't be surprising.) If Chrysalis has stolen that love and repurposed it, the Two Sisters would be a breeze.
>>
>>30380209
That fucking speech gets me every damn time.
>>
>>30371364
We see how they die: the month before twilight comes to town, and when they messaged celestia about it but twilight unknowingly came to late, then we discover if she was never born their parents would still be alive because they were killed looking for twilight somehow. Then applebloom looses her mind and goes on a school shooting: but is stopped right outside the school by the others. Then she graduates and doesn't know what to do with her life: but she's strangely attracted to scootaloo who we find out is a boy, but sweetie bell likes him too. They fight ontop of a rock mountain but maud stops them and says they should let scootaloo choose, and he chooses diamond tiara. But sweetie belle gets with buttonmash, and applebloom gets with... some guy I don't know.
>>
File: uncle phil hug.png (344KB, 675x441px) Image search: [Google]
uncle phil hug.png
344KB, 675x441px
>>30380209
>>
>Spike's parents
>Starswirl's story
>Scorpan's story
>Celestia and Luna's adolescence
>>
>>30379415
>The Starlight Glimmer epsiode was beloved you retard.
Fixed it for you, no need to thank me.
>>
File: i'm not touching yoooou.gif (1MB, 883x494px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not touching yoooou.gif
1MB, 883x494px
>>30379415
>>30381140
It was a good episode in spite of Starlight, she added literally nothing unique to the episode beyond the cutie mark switching spell, and the sisters have already shown to be able to transfer their magic to another pony if you had to stick to the freaky friday plot.
It was the definition of a shoehorned episode.
>>
>>30381466
Only Glimmer had the gall the force it on them. For instance, Twilight would never be able to push them to do it because she views them as perfect gods.
>>
>>30381140
>Starlight Glimmer episode
>Literally just went there, switched their buttmarks and played a glorified secretary and had a bad dream
>All major events in the episode were centered around the sisters
>They even solved the problem themselves while Glimmer was just a babbling wreck in a bubble

You people are as bad as the glimmerniggers.
>>
>>30381466
oh come off it, Starlight's insecurity and interaction with twilight added an incredible, unreproducable greatness to the episode.
>>
>>30381705
Oh, it's you again.
>>
>>30381919
there are more than 1 starlight fan; exactly who do you think I am? some namefag on the board?
>>
>>30381956
Just go back to derpibooru, which is where you belong.
>>
>>30381993
derpibooru is a much, MUCH vaster collection of the pony fandom than this place you know.
The fact that starlight is beloved there should tell you something about how little /mlp's views on things matter.
>>
>>30381466
>It was a good episode in spite of Starlight, she added literally nothing unique to the episode beyond the cutie mark switching spell,
First thing the episode does is immediately rubbing in your face hoe super-ultra-mega-special Starlight Glimmer is by having them map assign her the task to help the Royal Sisters on her very first mission while ignoring Twilight's tight relationship with Celestia and how she already had experience helping Luna with her own issues.

I can understand the new staff would want to give the audience reasons to like their Starlight character, but this episode was a really bad idea and rather than help to change their mind, only managed so reinforce the reasons so many people have to reject the character.

Maybe under a different staff this episode could have been less divisive and better received, but "maybe" never amonts to anything at all.

Personally I don't like Starlight and even if sometimes I try to force myself to give her a chance to see if she finally grows on me, this episode was way too much to tolerate.

I waited for seven seasons for Celestia and Luna. I never waited for Starlight and much less I wanted her at all to begin, so I simply couldn't enjoy the episode and I only got more valid reasons to dislike what I consider a pointless and invasive character who's a textbook example of how one should never try introducing a character into a series.
Once again, maybe on more competent hands I could have enjoyed Starlight, but that didn't happen and now I'm stuck with a character I never asked, which I cannot like no matter how hard I try and which in every new episode she shows up only gives me new reasons to dislike and still not a single reason to like.
>>
>>30382087
If that place is so awesome and we are so insignificant then why are you doing here?

Go back to your safehaven hugbox where everyone agree with you instead of coming here to be a fucking little bitch.
>>
>>30382133
I'm still trying to get why starlight was even ABLE to get a map mission. That thing should be for the mane six only, PERIOD. No throne? no map connection.
It really worries me for what the staff have planned for the future of the show. It implies that she's going to get an element of harmony and become a seventh member.
>>
>>30382207
>I'm still trying to get why starlight was even ABLE to get a map mission.
For the same reasons she's always able to do all kinds of broken stuff with zero explanation, perparation or consequences ever: she's the creator's pet.

Remember when back then Twilight's broken spells at least had a little explanation and when they backfired she received crap for that? Well, the current staff completely forgot that and they go directly to the "Look at all the awesome things our own character can do!" without any setup or predeveloping.

Twiloight had broken magic skills from day one but we also knew from day one that she was an elite unicorn who spent all of her life doing nothing but study and how the price to pay for her incredible skills was a lone life where she never developed any social skills. Starlight just popped out from nowhere being an elite capable to even outpower an alicor, then she returned being even more broken and season 7 made her even yet more broken, still with zero developing or explanations beyond the "It happened offscreen"

No wonder only the decent Starlight episodes where made during Larson's run as a director and no wonder the character went straight into the toilet once Larson left.
>>
I've watched it three times and I still get heart flips.
In addition to the writing and pacing, which I'm sure most of us agree was top notch - It was the little things and extra touches here and there I think, that made this episode so enchanting.
I won't go through them now, they've been mentioned many times by many on this board already, but.

To those who want to know what I'm talking about...Watch the episode again, watch the way Pear Butter's body language changes when she's around Bright Mac and when she isn't, the usage of color temperature and mood lighting, the way their nerves and growing confidence is reflected by their movements and gestures, all the timed blushes, the usage of buttercups as visual cues and time progression etc.

The animators worked very very hard to sell the image and honestly, it makes it a really authentic and just a beautiful thing
>>
>>30371364
With griffons.
>>
>>30382956
>The animators worked very very hard to sell the image and honestly, it makes it a really authentic and just a beautiful thing

For the first time on YEARS the ponies behave like ponies instead of that post S03 bipedal crap and there's even snorting noises when the ponies are mad.

>>30383284
With Spike.
>>
>>30383294
>ponies instead of that post S03 bipedal crap and there's even snorting noises when the ponies are mad
Well shit, you're right
>>
>>30383328
You should've noticed how there was next to nothing of that magnetic hooves crap either.
>>
>>30371364
By having them return to ponyville
>>
>>30383349
Well, aside from the guitar, but even then the strings actually match pretty well to her hooves as she plays it.
>>
>>30384509
Hence why I said "next to nothing"

The guitar I can understand, but the rest of the episode was mostly ponies handling things with their mouths or using special tools like Pear Butter's pear cutter during Mrs. Cake's flashback.

Makes me wonder why the fuck they can't apply this level of love and care to the rest of the series.
>>
>>30384534
or Burnt oak using his mouth to wield an axe.
>>
Honestly the only way that they could top this would be like, if Spike's parents sacrificed themselves to save their son from some villain and "died" on screen, but we find out that they ascended to a higher plane of existence or something Spike promptly becomes Spikezilla times twenty and blasts the villain apart so hard that Sombra looks easy to put back together.
>>
>>30382207
How? Duh, she's going to become the seventh element of harmony, and is destined for greatness, that's how. the map is the tree of harmony, and she can do it because the tree has obviously chosen her to be its newest element bearer.
>>
>>30382303
Starlight's the exact same way dipshit, she has no social skills, having sacrificed everything to study, just like twilight.
>>
>>30385213
to be honest, I'd rather Spike's parents turn out to be materialistic assholes who don't care about him and abandoned his egg, with the moral being that your family is who you were raised by and love, not who you were born to.
>>
>>30385304
I don't know, now that we had Grand Pear I doubt they would go for the "uncaring parents" again. If anything, I think it would be a lesson about Spike's parents feeling super bad they weren't there for him and Spike initially rejecting them before realizing that they want things to be different.
>>
>>30371364
When they realized that destroying a threat is okay.
>>
>>30385381
>what is sombra
>what is the Lumberwolf
>what was the windigos
>>
I wanna write some green about Spike and his parents, but I need names for them. Any ideas?
>>
>>30379211
Your adopted parents can't give you a kidney.
>>
>>30386624
Thorn and Kindle.
>>
Best episode.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.