[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why has this series been dropping in popularity in the last 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

why has this series been dropping in popularity in the last 2 years? is it because of her?
>>
File: masturboop.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>30358886
Of course not
She's the only thing keeping it together
>>
File: 1492550228392.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492550228392.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30358886
Yes.
>>
>>30358902
how? spiek and rainbow dash are a thing
>>
>>30358886
Yes
>>
>>30358886
The hype died out and the show is now just another mediocre show in the bunch of mediocre shows.
The faggots here just stick because of the fandom and chasing the dragon of the old days.
I don't think many of the people here like the show still despite watching it from the start until now.
>>
>>30358886
Cause it's old, lots of the fans from before were bandwagon fuckers who were only caught up in the hype of a new memeworthy show, they left

>>30359204
>I don't think many of the people here like the show still despite watching it from the start until now.
Plenty of us do, this has been documented. Rather, the vocal minority is just that....a vocal minority, the most vocal and loud and obsessed with making their opinion heard haters now exist WITHIN the fandom because nobody outside of it cares

Empty can rattles the most, blah blah

Also this board has kind of gone to shit in terms of being entertaining to hang around, I know not just myself but some others I know have stopped posting actively as much just because of that fact
>>
>>30359414
Well good luck talking about the show anywhere else then.
May as well drop the fandom and just watch it by yourself.
I wonder how much you will last that way.
>>
>>30358886
It was already dropping in popularity. It would've happened anyway as the novelty wore off.
>>
>>30358886
Show is shit. Board isn't dead yet bc the reddit cancer is keeping it alive. And to answer your faggit question: yes, it is partially due to big jims OC
>>
>>30358886
Novelty wore off and other good cartoons, which appeal the brony crowd and such, has appeared.
>>
>>30358886

Not to defend Glimmer but the show's drop in popularity precedes her for quite a bit.

Most could point you to the S3 finale and the hiatus that followed it as the beginning of the drop, at least as far as ratings go.
>>
>>30359462
>watching after s3
>>
>>30358886
She's like the Crystal Castle and alicorn wings incarnate but can also talk.
>>
>>30359490
This
Just another piece in the set of Princess Twilight Sparkleā„¢
>>
>>30358886
Probably. They've pissed people off by having her stealing the spotlight in every episode she's been in, 10 of which also happened to be season premieres/finales, episodes a lot of people used to look forward to. Not only that, but all the other characters were dumbed down to make her shine in many occasions.
Things got so bad even some people from EqD ceased the constant ass-licking and came up with complaints.
My bet is Vogel & friends realized it, and have been trying to damage control by making her get along and be friends with some of the most fandom-loved characters, like Trixie and Maud, in order to drive people to like her.
The only place I know still fully committed to shill her is derpibooru. Some of them have been confirmed for coming here and, well, shilling her, in many occasions (threads where they explicitly said what they were doing, posts on derpibooru talking about our threads, pro-glimmer shitposts dwindling right after they fucked off)
She's obviously not THE reason why things are cancer now, but one metastasis sure has her name written all over.
>>
File: 1457226603556.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457226603556.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>30358886
I think that people are just getting bored of it. I sure as fuck am.
>>
Yes, Poochie is the main reason for the drop of popularity of this franchise, and not just because of what she is, but also because of what she is NOT, that is an interesting, engaging, compelling character.
Without her, the show is left with Mane 6 rehashes (damn I sure love watching Fluttershy learning to be assertive for the 20th time) and CMC episodes (no one ever gave a shit about them, not even on the earliest days of the fandom, let alone today). Poochie was supposed to be the trump card that keeps things interesting, but failed miserably at that, gaining a hatedom much larger than her fandom.
There are infinitely better characters that could been used instead of her, and if it was not possible, then the show should just have ended instead. No show at all >>>>>> Glim n' friends the show
>>
>>30359441
Yeah but 4-5 years is still a lot, so I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon anymore.
>>
>>30359589
>CMC episodes
Those are my favourite along with rainbow dash episodes, spike episodes and discord episodes actually. why are they so hated?
>>
>>30359767
They aren't exactly hated, but they aren't liked either, CMC episodes are just filler, they're boring and unremarkable. Aside from Crusaders of the Lost Mark (on which the star is Diamond Tiara), no other CMC episode is put on anyone's favorite or "best" lists. The CMC were originally included to pander to the toddler audience, and it shows
>>
>>30360026
Most of them would be in mine. Oh well.
>>
I actually like her, but I don't like the way she was executed. It doesn't even seem consistent with the first episode she was in and the way she met Maud Pie for the first time just felt forced.
I like her, but I feel like the execution is a major issue. Apart from that bit in the Maud episode she was better though.
>>
>>30359589
Totally agree with the second point. That's something that faggots like >>30359550 just refuse to see. The show would be going to shit with or without Glimmer, being run into the ground by incompetent management and directing. Glimmer is just desperate attempt to rescue a show whose end is long due.
It probably would've been possible to stretch the show to ~8-10 seasons if it was run competently, but Hasbro was too niggardly to invest into it.
>>
>>30360476
I see nothing wrong with it right now except what I've said in >>30360250. It still has lots of great episodes.
>>
>>30360476
>Niggardly

Now that's an actually pretty fucking good vocabulary you got there.
>>
>>30360888
Oh, yeah, there definitely are some great episodes sometimes, but it's very much hit and miss and the misses keep getting worse and there's more of them.
>>
>>30358886
The fad is dead and most fans hate her anyway, and the ones that like her have pretty much linked her character to being autism-coded. Nobody allistic wants anything to do with a genuinely retarded character that can't understand how empathy works.

The series hardly focuses on the mane 6 anymore, they keep using new characters as writing crutches.

>>30359204
>I don't think many of the people here like the show still despite watching it from the start until now.
This, the enjoyment for me died somewhere around Season 3 and 4 and now I watch just to see how long they're willing to let this trash fire burn.

If anything, I'm looking forward to the new LPS cartoon supposedly coming this fall. LPS got cancelled way too early, it didn't get a proper ending despite being a very good show.
>>
A bunch of people I know and I recently came back to it after years of not caring, actually. How do you tell its popularity is dropping?
>>
File: captain obvious.jpg (110KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
captain obvious.jpg
110KB, 960x540px
>>30359490
>>30359508
Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer are just terrible knock-off names for Twilight Sparkle, after all.
>>
could the new film make it popular again? huh
>>
>>30361150
Potentially, yes.

Especially since merchandise confirmed Starlight will have a very minor role in it, if she's in it at all. She has no seapony form doll, just a standard add-on.
>>
>>30361068
>The series hardly focuses on the mane 6 anymore, they keep using new characters as writing crutches.

That's not quite correct. There are plenty of M6 focused episodes still, it's just that they aren't important episodes, the ones that move the plot forward. The M6 are given filler episodes, most of them rehashes of old stuff because the writers are running out of ideas, due to a combination of lack of talent, and the strict standards Hasbro imposes on them on what they are allowed to do with the characters.
>>
File: 1497312477972.jpg (164KB, 1048x619px) Image search: [Google]
1497312477972.jpg
164KB, 1048x619px
>>30361130
Note what happened from 2016 onwards. Coincidentally, is when Poochie was included as a protagonist.
>>
>>30361143
Sunset Shimmer is based off of the pony Sunshimmer from G3
>>
She suffers from being introduced as a protag in the worst season of the show, her episodes were just about the only enjoyable s6 episodes for me.
>>
>>30363277
I liked her, but she was handled poorly. Her most recent episodes (season 7) have been better though.
>>
>>30358886
Multiple factors are involved.
>>
>>30358886
She was a good villain. But is a poorly written protag. I would have prefered her being a reoccuring minor villain.
>>
Can she be saved by future episodes?
>>
>>30359007
And briefly, they were the same thing.
>>
>>30360026
I'll have "what is Flight to the Finish"? for $200 please anon
>>
>>30361230
Maybe the little girls that watched the show from the premiere just, you know, grew up?
>>
>>30367299
>>30361230
>little girls who were 5 when the show started are now 13
>>
>>30358886
>Hourly 'fandom is dying' thread
>>
>>30367569
Is it?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.