[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Celestia in the past? I seems like she is lacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1462119557470.png (3MB, 2824x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1462119557470.png
3MB, 2824x3000px
What happened to Celestia in the past?
I seems like she is lacking a lot of memories and other stuff
>NMM
>Raising the moon
>Discord
>Tirek
>not able to use the elements
>Daybreaker conversation
>...

Something is wrong
Her behavior makes me think there must have happened something big in the past that explains her
>>
>>30344875
>Celestia
>not able to use the elements
Nigga she used them to defeat NMM.
>>
>>30344875
>nmm
she didn't forget shit
>raising the moon
same
>discord
???
>tirek
???
>not able to use the element
She said herself that the elements GTFO'd a while ago and she wasn't the bearer anymore, she's not the one deciding that shit
>daybreaker
???

how about you watch the show?
>>
>>30344881
but not for love.
>>
>>30344906
>>raising the moon
>same

She said: "It is even easier than raising the sun." when they swapped cutie marks
this implies she just found out
that means she didnt knew/remember
>>
>>30345137
No, it implies that having the cutie mark for said shit makes it easier to do it
like, literally everything else we saw in the show.
Anyone can buck an apple tree, but the apples have an easier time doing it
dyewts
>>
>>30345137
It's a quite nifty thing for her to say, actually. It doesn't necessarily mean that she'd forgotten how hard/easy it was to raise the moon, plus it implies that her usual duties involve raising the sun - which newer viewers may not know about. I can't remember when that was last mentioned in the show.
It may imply what >>30345154 said, or it could mean that since she hasn't raised the moon since Luna's return, she can't quite remember what it was like. Or that she does, and just emphasizes how her duties are more difficult than Luna's.
>>
>>30345243
I just feel that she is quite inconsistent and that there might have been some major happening to her the messed with her beyond what is displayed so far
>>
File: what are you talking about.png (54KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
what are you talking about.png
54KB, 383x383px
>>30345277
>had less than 50lines throughout 7 seasons
>inconsistent
yes and luna was completely OOC in luna eclipsed, amirite
>>
>>30345154
?
explain this then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWFkW29hOfg
why they are having problems with the wrong cutie marks then?
>>
>>30345319
This isn't the same
This came from an unstable/unfinished spell that wasn't even supposed to fuck with cutie marks, and somehow ended up interacting with the EoH

Starlight has been studying cutie mark magic since she was little, is obviously completely overpowered for no reasons and her cutie mark may even be about swapping cutie marks/fucking with it

In MMC the girls didn't simply have their cutie marks swapped, their memories got completely fucked up and their personalities too.
Celestia and Luna didn't gave a fuck past the 'wtf why u swapped our marks bitch'
>>
File: 1491544715472.png (460KB, 902x695px) Image search: [Google]
1491544715472.png
460KB, 902x695px
>>30345371
?
i can get behind this.
>their memories got completely fucked up and their personalities too.

but on the cutie mark NO you are just going in the mary sue trope!
>She is clever and not making the same mistakes as the other would do
Yeah fuck this don't make sense look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jve2iIjyRrs

clearly cutie marks have a impact on the ponies and fuck with then, just by saying Glimmer have a better magic control on things and that would never have consequences, is bullshit.

Don't try to discuss cutie marks they don't make sense and was never explain right!
>>
File: 1459081.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459081.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30345137
Well, she's obviously used to it being much more difficult. That isn't a moon on her flank, so of course she's bragging about it.

>>30345319
Star Swirl's spell screwed with the personalities that caused their marks in the first place. Starlight just screwed with the links between mark and interest, but kept those interests intact. So there's power, but no knowledge base.

Celestia retained her knowledge about moving the sun, a skill that probably transfers neatly into moving other heavenly bodies, and was made even easier by the support of Luna's mark. But when it came to the more esoteric aspects, like guiding dreams, she fell flat.
>>
>>30345462
do you even watch the fucking show
the reason they acted so weird in the S5 opening is because of the = sign replacing them
see Dash trying to go faster than the rest then her cutie mark glowing to force her to slow down
also it stopped twilight and rarara from even using their magic

In the princess episode, starlight simply swapped them, she didn't remove them completely and then added these equal signs

I don't even understand what you don't get from that
>>
>>30344875
It's important to remember that S7 writers are fucking useless.
It will explain a lot about the problems with the script.

I bet they only got writers willing to work for free, eager to get their name in the credits so they can add it to a resume in hope of future paid work.
>>
>>30345476
>But when it came to the more esoteric aspects, like guiding dreams, she fell flat.
This
>>30345502
If she was to be having all the power of luna like you say why she fucked the dream world?

>Do you even whatch the show
that is low
>>
>>30345547
Because cutie marks don't bring experience with it.
She never had the power to get into dreams before, all she did while Luna was on the moon was raising it and lowering it, that's all.
Twilight's special talent is magic, doesn't mean she's not improving and learning new shit all the time.
Heck, back in season 1 all she could do was use telekinesis and grow mustaches.

And mainly because it's a show for kids before anything else and they needed Celestia to act retarded because otherwise they couldn't get the morale of the story right.
>>
>>30345547
She had all the power of Luna, but none of the skills and knowledge to use it effectively. Your cutie mark relies on your skills and knowledge; your power level relies on your cutie mark.
>>
>>30345588
>And mainly because it's a show for kids
Ok i'm done with this just gonna see the fight of OP

>>30345589
Yes cutie marks are destines but that don't mean you have the same power as luna have

But look at this
>>30345319
they have the mind of one another and they are fucking everything up.
>>
Princess celestia is an instatute synth. She is an abomination against God, technology run amok.

And she needs to be put down.
>>
>>30345669
>Anon A says retarded shit
>Anon B tells him, no, you're retarded, it's because X and Y
>Anon A ignores A because he didn't like the Y
watch the fucking show you piece of shit
>>
>>30345700
>>And mainly because it's a show for kids
he pull this card and you want me to argue with him?
>>
File: 1497580398654.png (502KB, 949x966px) Image search: [Google]
1497580398654.png
502KB, 949x966px
>>30345730
I think you're lost, friend
>>>derpibooru.org
>>
>>30345749
Explain?
>>
>>30345319
There is no explanation for that trainwreck, other than they fucked up.
>>
File: shit eating grin.png (749KB, 823x652px) Image search: [Google]
shit eating grin.png
749KB, 823x652px
How did Celestia even cope with the dual responsibilities of raising the sun and the moon before Luna came back? Was she just some Willy Wonka-esque recluse for 1,000 years who only handled the day/night cycle, and occasionally mentored at her school for gifted unicorns, fishing for an apprentice to manipulate into her keikaku?

Could this be why Blueblood existed as a "Prince", but then dropped out of existence forever after S1? Maybe his "family" was just a puppet monarchy that handled the public while the literal Sun Goddess dealt with the heavy lifting, and she purposely led that bloodline to a dead end right around the time she foresaw her sister returning.
>>
>>30347247
Celestia had enough time on her hooves to appear in places like podunk Ponyville during the Summer Sun Celebration. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt drained pretty regularly, though. Maybe that's why Nightmare Moon was able to overwhelm her this time around.

Prince Blueblood probably just continued the long line of unicorn nobles hearkening back to Princess Platinum and King Bullion.
>>
>>30345137
I think that more means that raising the moon with a moon cutie mark is easier then raising the sun with a sun cutie mark.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.