[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, they're dropping like flies. Since I know you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: Another one bites the dust.png (182KB, 1148x237px) Image search: [Google]
Another one bites the dust.png
182KB, 1148x237px
Damn, they're dropping like flies. Since I know you guys hate shilling I'll just summarize here

>Show is mostly wasted potential, in particular the lore
>There are many other cartoons that are better written and aren't afraid to go to more interesting subject matter
>Wanna focus on original stuff

So do these people have a point? I mean it seems like a lot of the people who are leaving saw the show differently that what it actually is, at least I think so.
>>
>>30331166
Of course they have a point. We've reached a period where, even to sub-par content makers, it's obvious that the show has abandoned any of the potential the fandom had assigned it in the first two seasons. The lore looked promising at the start of the second season, but now it really is wasted potential. Everyone was so curious about Griffons, wondered if there were other countries on the planet that were governed by various creatures of mythology, instead we get a bunch of gypsy birds in a glorified nest for one single episode never to be revisited.
The friendships that the mane 6 have formed have been of no consequence, as well as the enemies they've made. For example, we've seen Coco once or twice but she hasn't actually contributed anything to a character's development since she ditched Suri, so by that right she was just a tool for providing a "happy" ending to that episode, where Rarity would have forfeited her award if not for Coco. Coco didn't actually provide anything to the lesson Rarity learned, instead Rarity learned she had taken advantage of her friends and that was the end of it. Tirek breaks out of a prison which Celestia supposedly monitored and planned out for a thousand years, and is thrown right back into horse jail never to be seen again. Sombra's horn is blown off and dropped near the train station, but no one touches it and we never see it again. Lightning Dust is a one shot grump that loses her entire career over challenging herself, and we never see her again.
The series is riddled with missed opportunities and and wasted potential, and it was obvious by the time Faust left that the show had lost whatever direction it had prior.
>>
>>30331166
I just wish they'd all just tell the truth.

>"I'm bored and horse bux aren't paying the bills, so fuck it."
>>
>>30331203
Furthermore, the characters are starting to repeat lessons, and writers are becoming lazy with previously established concepts. Not only this, but the characters have all reached their career goals or what you could consider to be the peaks of their careers. All of this and we still haven't seen another Zebra, or expanded upon if other races can use magic in ways similar to how Earth ponies were expected to use it before new writers discarded racial differences and just made unicorns the master race.
Basically, the show has already fucked up a bunch of tasks that you could have argued only a monkey would be capable of fucking up. Only way to redeem it is with a reboot, or a gen 4.5 or gen 5, assuming they don't just use a new cast.
tl;dr, Faustfags might be beating a dead horse but they're still right that the show went to shit the moment she moved away from it.
>>
>>30331211
Actually, she lost a lof of subs and views since her pone videos stopped. She just can't muster up the enthusiasm to talk about a show she doesn't care that much about anymore and would rather focus on her own series she's been working on.
>>
>>30331203
>it's obvious that the show has abandoned any of the potential the fandom had assigned it in the first two seasons.
Not the show, but the current staff.

The show is what it's staff wants it to be, so if things ended up like this is because everyone involved wanted it.
>>
>>30331203
too be honest it was obvious even then that this show wasn't gonna become lore heavy it would still revolve closely around the main characters and never stray into unknown territory because it would just be left to go back to focusing on the main characters and friendship problems, sure they could do more but it would always end up the same, the stuff that wouldn't be common to the show just wouldn't be explored, the lore that was given in the first 2 season was thought up by the fandom and it was gonna stay that way no matter what writers came, it's sad sure but the show would never be too lore heavy in the first place, as for the Youtube community of it they're either getting bored or losing any sense of wonder or imagination with the show, I wouldn't be surprised if have of them were just fans of the fandom
Whilst I don't think that's gonna change I will still hold onto a sliver of hope until the show dies and seeing more focus on previously secondary characters I'm holding on a bit harder, but I still doubt the show willl go further than ponies
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>30331244
>Who gives a shit?
>he said, replying
>>
>>30331166
Only point they have and it is a perfectly good reason to leave.

show is better then it has ever been.
>>
>>30331241
shit I made a lot of grammar mistake this is why I should post when I'm half-asleep
basically this show was always gonna be about friendship and even the old writers probably wouldn't have explored other animals for more than 3 episodes if we were lucky, even back when they were writing and showed other creatures in the show they never brought them in for more than one special episode, even donkeys were hardly used
>>
>>30331259
>show is better then it has ever been.
I wouldn't go that far but I am definitely liking this season, I get the feeling that, whilst Vogel and Miller probably never will, the other writers are trying and getting to know the characters in there own way and writing them surprisingly well, if they keep up the quality of some of the best episodes this season then I am very much looking forward to season 8
>>
>>30331260
> damage control

Hi, Jim!
>>
>>30331244
I mean what does it say that only the most autistic of us are the ones holding on? The fact that the biggest active pony youtuber now is a guy who makes ironic edgy recaps of the episodes should tell you something about the state of the show's life support.
>>
>>30331259
Wait scratch that there is one current flaw. Not enough adventure. the action in a royal problem fills the gap a little though.
>>
>>30331166
the only one based brony youtuber I know that still makes videos is Finn The Pony
that nigger has very few suscribers and keeps on going with energy after the end of the bandwagon
I'm not shilling him but damn...
>>
File: jim cap.jpg (39KB, 587x118px) Image search: [Google]
jim cap.jpg
39KB, 587x118px
>>30331259
>show is better then it has ever been.
>>
File: 1480122151898.gif (1MB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1480122151898.gif
1MB, 469x469px
No, the analysis community is just full of themselves
>>
>>30331255
EPIC IF YOU REPLY YOU CARE MEME BRO
>>
>>30331284
She actually mentions did she really like that episode and might make a video about it. But other than that she's just kinda burnt out at this point.
>>
>>30331291
>said the glimfag
I mean you're not entirely wrong about that, but it's still pretty obvious why you guys are always the first to damage control.
>>
>>30331166
>I mean it seems like a lot of the people who are leaving saw the show differently that what it actually is, at least I think so.
Bingo. This was always a cute dumb slice of life show, just one with better writing than most.
>>
>>30331293
>he keeps replying that he doesn't care
You're not fooling anyone, Jim.
>>
>>30331322
>>30331290
>>
>>30331312
To be fair, the first episode and Faust's overall original plan does legitimately give mixed signals compared to how the series actually played out.
>>
File: 1469043522306.gif (450KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1469043522306.gif
450KB, 400x381px
>>30331166
yada yada rape yada yada

>rape

rape
>>
>>30331333
This is true. She also wanted season 2 to have multiple adventure arcs where they just worked the lessons into the adventure.
>>
>>30331333
> B-but Faust was shit so u can't criticrize anythin'

Remember when this show had a staff who cared about it and wanted to get rid of the "It's for little girls so it can be shit" stigma?

Boy that's what pisses me off the most about the post Faust and Renzetti era.
>>
>>30331322
I am not Jim but it is retarded to assume people care for spending 30 seconds to make a post they will forget in another 30 seconds
>>
>>30331166
>She's still watching the show
>She's still going to make, albeit much fewer, MLP videos
She's still in the fandom, she's just focusing on other stuff. You know, more content creators would still probably be in this fandom if they didn't insist on making nothing but MLP stuff.
>>
>>30331358
>I am not Jim
Funny the first thing you want to say is that you are not Jim.
>>
>>30331437
Jim is an idiot that sucks dick
Happy now?
>>
>>30331444
Nope, too late.

I'll assume that each and every comment trying to make any positive statements AND criticrizing old seasons to defend the present one is from Jim and I'll stick to it because yes, it IS something he would do.
>>
>>30331502
Kill yourself then, unironically.
>>
>>30331166
>ink rose
who?
>>
>>30331166
Why the fuck do people feel the need to make some big announcement that they've stopped watching something instead of just stopping? Like who the fuck gives a shit, you stopped watching a children's cartoon, whoopee fucking doo.

Jesus the analysis "community" is fucking cancer, Horseshoes was the only good one and even he pulled the same shit with a fucking hour long video.
>>
>>30332776
She only did this because people kept asking why she hasn't done a pone video for almost 2 years now
>>
>>30331286
Go watch DWK. BASED af.
>>
>>30331220
Uhh they can start explaining this shit now.
>>
>>30333577
you have to be 18 or more to post here
>>
Who cares, tons of people only jumped on the MLP bandwaggon because it was a hot new meme for them to try and profit from
>>
>>30332776
Horseshoes simply dislikes the fandom. He still likes the show.
>>
>>30331166
THE COLLAPSE IS IMMINENT

AND UPON THOSE ASHES, A NEW COMMUNITY SHALL BE BUILT
>>
I can understand poeple wanting to do other things. does she actually say she is done with the fandom?

I stopped making content about during season 4 (except for some stuff i do here anonymously) because most of my ideas about things to make about mlp I already did. im doing some other original content now, but that doesnt mean im not a part of the fandom anymore, and that I wont make more mlp stuff if we get some better material to work with.

And its hard making new content about the same things for almost a decade, people will stop and (hopefully) new people will start again. Isnt DWK relatively new?

Poeple leaving wont kill the fandom, no new people joining will
>>
>>30331166
The show is good
>Damn, they're dropping like flies.
good.
There original stuff gets them nowhere, that is why they jump on mlp
>>
>>30331333
well there have been many eps after the first one so people should catch on by now.
>>
>>30333636
What's wrong with DWK?
>>
>>30334580
nothing, some fags just like being smug
>>
>>30334580
He's a 4chan memer wanting to appease EQD bronies and kids
>>
>>30334609
and?
>>
>>30331270
>I wouldn't go that far
I sure as shit would. Finally continued world building, much more subtlety, Glimmer, even as a season 5+ character, is written so well, there isn't a pointless song every other episode, hell, the only thing I DON'T like about modern MLP is... The yaks...
>>
>>30334609
not really
>>
>>30334643
>yaks
yep. morals are always crappy when it comes to them
>>
>>30331203
this
>>
Literally who is this guy/chick?
>>
>>30334847
Good question
>>
Who the fuck is Ink Rose?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.