[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since they're about the only major antagonists left who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 20

File: Sombra, Tirek, & Chrysalis.png (2MB, 2000x1510px) Image search: [Google]
Sombra, Tirek, & Chrysalis.png
2MB, 2000x1510px
Since they're about the only major antagonists left who haven't been reformed (and don't appear to be likely candidates for redemption arcs), how would you bring each of them back, respectively?
>>
>>30321844
Well if I had to...

>Chrysalis helps free Tirek and Sombra
>Two part Glim Glam power hour
>>
>>30321848
>Free sombra
He's fucking dead
>>
>>30321844
well, sombra had a pretty nice redemption arc in the comics honestly.
>inb4 comics aren't canon.
>>
File: nanomachines son.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines son.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
>>30321844
>Tirek gets nanomachines and wants to destroy Equestria
>Sombra and Chrysalis help him on his conquest with an army
>So a new nation can be born, where everyone will be free to forge their own destiny
>They will do as they please, the strong will prey upon the weak
>Say, if someone talks shit bout your marefriend, you can beat the shit out of him if you want to
>Everyone will fight for reasons they believe AND understand
>STANDING HERE
>>
>>30321871
The horn survived.
We can rebuild him, we got the magics.
>>
>>30321871
>>30321910
Considering how much they did with him in the comics, I think the show staff have pretty much abandoned him. Like I know the comics aren't canon, but they at least want to keep the illusion they are. I doubt idw were given the go ahead to do such a drastically change to a character without it being decided that the show will never touch him again so idw can do whatever they want with him.
>>
File: 1460099045851.jpg (27KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
1460099045851.jpg
27KB, 341x341px
>>30321844
>tirek is locked up in a maximum security prison,AKA hell
>chrissy is an outcast without a hive to rule and without allies to rely upon,with no power and no way to get out of the hole she dug herself into
>and sombrero is still dead
wew
>>
>>30321844
>Group gasp
>"King Sombra?!"
>"Yes! It is I! I am now a baker at Donut Joe's! Where the pastries are always freshâ„¢! Muwahahahahahaha!"
>He rolls the dough sinisterly
>>
>>30322021
This is a funny prompt.
Do something with this.
>>
>>30322021
Donuts so good its evil
>>
>>30321844
What about the Dazzlings?
>>
>>30321844
Pretty much the only way to wrap up Tirek and Chrysalis without ruining them is to kill them like they did with Sombra, otherwise a shitty redemption is all that we'll get
>>
>>30322325
Don't bother.
Threads about actual show discussion don't get traffic.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (62KB, 510x764px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
62KB, 510x764px
>>30322363
i know,but a man can hope
>>
File: lord-tirek.png (120KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
lord-tirek.png
120KB, 500x417px
I'd like to see Tirek's "weaker form" get more screen time, maybe play up his skills as a master manipulator as a means towards achieving a more abstract type of power, instead of banking solely on a brawnier physical presence to royally fuck over Equestria.

It'd also be nice to see him personally butt heads with Equestrian philosophy more directly with his self-serving Randian shenanigans. He'd be a great villain to challenge the reformed antagonists who've regressed into self-hating apologists, possibly while their core relationships are genuinely vulnerable due to secondary plot conflicts. It'd be a good way of transitioning them from "muh problematic past" to more grounded and dignified paths of development, when Tirek's inevitably btfo again. Especially with Luna, come to think of it, since they seem to almost be two sides of the same coin with their respective origins and sibling rivalries.
>>
>>30322792
I want to see Celestia try and use him like she did Discord and have him help defend Equestria. He would be an invaluable part of her army if she could convince him to use his powers for good. Imagine if he appeared in the movie to take on the Storm king. That would be a legendary fight.
We still haven't seen his brother, Scorpan, yet.
>>
>>30321844
Yes I'd like to see a Chryssy and Tirek alliance, Sombra is ded and even if he appears again that would mean his redemption in the comics isn't canon and I kinda liked it, even if the parts with minor villains like Iron Will and FlimFlam were stupid
But yea, I'd love for the revenge of Chryssy against Glimmer to have Tirek play a role
>>
>>30321844
>Sombra
>not refomred
>>
Have them all fucking shit up in an ooc way, then reveal that a low-level antagonist who hasn't been redeemed (like Garble or Suri Polomare) stumbled upon a magic thing to control them with.
>>
File: I-found-bambi-510x600.jpg (66KB, 510x600px) Image search: [Google]
I-found-bambi-510x600.jpg
66KB, 510x600px
>>30321844
>King Sombra is back
I want!
>>
>>30322792
I like how people often say Tirek was dumb. Maybe when he had power, but he was definitely very manipulative and intelligent when he didn't have that power.
>>
>>30321844
I wouldn't
>>
>>30321844
>Braeburn finds Sombra's horn
>He hears the king voice calling for him to help him in exchange for power and wealth
>He puts the horn on his head and it attaches to his skull
>"We are one"
>He mind controls the whole village and makes all the ponies bow to him
>Meanwhile, Sombra gathers enough magical energy to rebuild his body
>Main six get called by the map
>Braeburn is defeated but he uses the last bit of his energy to bring back Sombra's body
>Sombra caries Braeburn's unconscious body,which still has a horn, and runs away
>They make cameos throughout the season
>>
File: bubble trouble.jpg (60KB, 928x522px) Image search: [Google]
bubble trouble.jpg
60KB, 928x522px
>>30323572
Even when Tirek was getting /fit/, he still did have at least a few moments of intelligence.
>noticed Princess Twilight's stained glass portrait, and immediately deduced that Discord was withholding information about her
>and after his suspicions were confirmed, he quickly reinforced Discord's loyalty by 'generously' buying him off with Scorpan's necklace
He was by no means dumb, he just seemed a little impatient and extremely entitled to that surplus of power he wanted, which would afford him the luxury to skip over all of his bullshit trickery and cut straight to his preferred "might makes right" methods. I guess throughout his first few growth stages he was still extremely aware of the limitations of his power level, and was cautious enough not to step on certain toes just as he wouldn't have done in his weakest state.

Hell, even when he was nearly invincible and only Twilight was standing in his way, he still seemed to be putting up a semi-affable front when he was trying to strong-arm her into giving up her Alicorn magic in exchange for her friends. The only times he really seemed especially brutish was during his DBZ fight with Twilight, and subsequently after he "won" and just started wrecking the shit out of Equestria like some kaiju.
>>
>>30324251
>Braeburn finds Sombra's horn
>sticks it up his ass the fucking homo
>he can now control magic, but when he does his ass glows
>>
>>30325082
>Good analysis
I miss the old episodes that wasn't stupid.

They didn't force anything complex down your throat (so younger kids could ignore it and just watch the show) but they left it open.

That way you could assume that Celestia knew what she was doing, and Tirek wasn't an idiot.
Discord in his own chaos manner had (like Celestia was hinted by Faust) some ability to predict the future including weird Tree of Harmony boxes at start of season that opens in the end.
>>
Remember kids, if you want traffic on this thread don't forget to tack some fetish to it
t. Your friendly neighbourhood shitposter
>>
File: 1234214231.jpg (553KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1234214231.jpg
553KB, 1600x1000px
What we need is a villain entirely beyond redemption, a villain whose motivations are so simple and lacks any kind of backstory that it would be impossible to turn him good.

Of the ones we had Sombra seemed to be the only one but he was killed, Chrysalis has already shown a brief moment of potentially reforming so she's probably off the list, and Tirek has the whole brother thing going on.
>>
>>30325592
>Tantabus come back?
>Shadow ponies left over from the old castle?
>Lightning Dust gets too good for the wonderbolts?
>Starlight wears the alicorn amulet?
>Celestia or some other very powerful alicorn is under the influence of an evil relic?
>The flim flam brothers gain enough power to make that one future a reality?
>>
>>30321881
I actually liked sombra's arc. the ending was too sugary, but I enjoyed what they did with his character and having a more competently evil villain show up.

If Sombra had died fully and hope had gotten slapped with a "this happened because of your recklessness" lesson, it would have been a good ending and arc IMO, with hope learning to take responsibility for her actions, and a good closure to sombra's heel face turn.
>>
>>30325736
Most of those are just good guys being mind controlled, which would be very easy to reform, we need a truly irredeemable villain where we never have to fear they'll be ruined by some shitty reformation arc
>Flim Flam brothers turn out to be the series true final boss
I could dig it
>>
they should go full wrath of the lich king with sombra.
People already get icc vibes from the crystal palace in that episode and arthas vibes from sombra himself

[/spoiler] Put the horn on my head, There must always but a somber king [/spoiler]
>>
Honestly though, Sombra could be brought back pretty easily, and not reformed, without throwing out the comics.

Have it be the sombra from the ALTERNATE TIMELINE that shows up. Like have the timelines have just been shunted away instead of deleted, and starlight's stupidity means they can tunnel into equestria in the future if they need to.

Sombra teleports into the world with his empire down south.
He'll have the same backstory as his Comic self: An umbrum who has serious self loathing and hatred of others for being an outcast.
His brainwashing of ponies will be tied directly into that: He brainwashed everyone because he wants to be LIKED. He's basically forcing everypony to aknowledge him as one of them despite how hollow it is since they're all mindless.
Rabia will be his advisor: Since sombra hates his umbrum nature and distrusts the other umbrum, he'll have only let out a couple of them to use like Daemons in 40k, being bound to siege weapons and shit. She'll be an obvious starscream who's constantly wheedling for him to open the door completely so they can escape, betray him, and destroy all of equestria.
Hope will still be in this timeline, though be a jaded bitch due to choosing sombra over everyone else, and realizing that everything's all her fault, but refuse to take responsibility for it. She'll keep blaming everyone ELSE for all the shit she's done, and keep helping sombra because she "has no choice".
>>
>>30325791
>Have it be the sombra from the ALTERNATE TIMELINE that shows up
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>30325808
The only sombra that anyone liked was the alternate timeline one.
>>
>>30325816
Oh, that alternate timeline

I had a brainfart and thought you were referring to the comic where they went into a mirror dimension and Sombra was a good guy
>>
>>30322008
Agreed. They clearly had no intention of ever bringing him back. They let idw get away with a lot of shit but they would have put their hooves down there.
>>
>>30325833
Good god no, that sombra was shit.
>>
>>30325791
>Not using discord's dimension alteration ability to simply reveal a dimension in which sombre's ghost is given physical form.
>>
>>30325779
And there's also the owner of las pegasus, Gladmane who was a lot worse than the flim flams. Considering that he was old to begin with, he would probably be less likely to change his ways.
>>
>>30325592
Let's see...

We've got;

>Wind rider who tried to sabotage applejack
>Gladmane who tried to perpetuate his paradise
>Suri Polomare who stole rarity's material in S4
>Dr. Caballeron, Mane-iac,and Ahuizotl from assorted books & comics
>Or the whole thing with doctor whoves studying science
>[Insert other here]
>>
>>30325933
>Wind rider who tried to sabotage applejack
>applejack
>>
>>30321844

>Chrysalis finds Sombra's remains and magically restores him to health
>they form a power duo and dedicate themselves to just fucking the EoH up
>over the course of their shenanigans, they form a rather close relationship
>fast forward to the end of the arc
>Celestia is about to finish Sombra off
>finally realizing that what she felt towards Sombra was love -actual, pure, true love- Chrysalis unlocks her own version of the transcendent love form
>seeing Chrysalis ascend, the EoH think they've won because her heart has embraced love and friendship
>turns out Chrysalis still fucking hates them and uses her newfound power to drop the fucking hammer on all their heads and rescue Sombra
>Sombra and Chrysalis become the King and Queen of a new ruthless empire of vicious conquerors, directly opposing Equestria and its interests for the rest of the series

Subvert that trope, motherfucker.
>>
>>30325940
Shit, meant rainbow dash
>>
>>30325779
Actually, the windigoes might actually fit the bill considering they feed off of disharmony and hatred. Any villain that's good at manipulation on a mass scale could really drive a rift between the 3 races.
>>
>>30325933
Holy shit, The bugbear from slice of life was actually imprisoned in Tartarus with
Tirek. That sounds like potential to me.
>>
>>30322021
> Spike tries a donut and decides that for something made out of pure evil it's actually pretty good.
>>
File: Arimaspi_ID_S5E8.png (149KB, 286x304px) Image search: [Google]
Arimaspi_ID_S5E8.png
149KB, 286x304px
>>30321844
How about reviving this guy and letting him rain hell on the pony kingdom?
>>
>>30325933
Lightning dust too. She and wind rider would make a good team up. Why the hell are you mentioning doctor hooves though, he's not a villain.
>>
>>30326023
He explored science, and science always has the potential to go south as seen with those love fireworks.He tried to invent a way to time travel even though the spell already existed as well.
>>
File: The Valeyard, Doctor of Law.jpg (111KB, 339x256px) Image search: [Google]
The Valeyard, Doctor of Law.jpg
111KB, 339x256px
>>30326023
>he's not a villain
Not yet.
>>
>>30326060
Sorry to break it to you, but BBC will never allow Hasbro to use Doctor Hooves as anything more than a background gag.

Considering the utter incompetence of the current staff I would say it's a good thing they can't use and ruin him like they ruined Derpy.
>>
File: ye1SV9K.jpg (118KB, 557x480px) Image search: [Google]
ye1SV9K.jpg
118KB, 557x480px
>>30326060
>>
File: Colin Clive - Frankenstein.jpg (22KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Clive - Frankenstein.jpg
22KB, 400x299px
>>30326060
>>30326138
I'd fucking lose my sides if the show unironically did a "advanced science... black magic?!" episode.

Literally what could any Mad Scientist do that magic couldn't? Would the villain just be some mudpone trying to pull a Syndrome with non-unicorn/spell-casting species, or something?
>>
>>30325933
None of those seem particularly beyond redemption though
>>
>>30326218
I can see it now

>Mad scientist accidentally transfers all equestrian magic into Tartarus causing a jailbreak of apocalyptic proportions.
>>
>>30326253
Tartarus jailbreak sound fucking awesome. Who knows how much shit they got locked up in there?
>>
>>30326252
>Comic and book villains
Their prime purpose is villany

>Gladmane and Wind Rider
That was more of old people are very resistant to change.

>Doctor whoves and science
There's a lot of ways things can go terribly wrong there. For one, he could create a soulless machine hellbent on destroying everything in its path, or or could screw up the time space continuum or something of that nature.

And there's also the windigoes whose prime purpose is to feed off of hatred and disharmony
>>
File: large.png (667KB, 1216x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
667KB, 1216x1024px
>>30326269
well, the S8 backdrop is tartarus.
>>
>>30326004
Revenge is sweet. Come to the Dark Side, we have donuts with extra sprinkles!
>>
>>30326274
>Characters who will never show up again
>Just old people
>Fanfiction-tier shit
>Mindless animals
Great lineup
>>
>>30326341
>Mindless animals
Who almost caused equestria to freeze over. If all it took was a lack of friendship to cause a famine, then you can bet that mindless animals that can't be reasoned with are beyond redemption.
>>
File: wooo.png (143KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
wooo.png
143KB, 672x434px
>>30326291
>hype?
hype
>>
>>30326375
Admittedly the windigos are the closest thing there is to irredeemable monsters whose only solution would be destruction, though it'd still be nice of Tirek or Chrysalis ended up dying the villains before they saw themselves become really shitty heroes.
>>
File: The_Monkey's_Paw.jpg (669KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_Monkey's_Paw.jpg
669KB, 2000x1400px
>>30326385
S8 is a full on guardians of harmony transition about the prisoners of tartarus escaping and having to be fought and recaptured.

BUUUUUUUT... its about glimmer forming her own group and calling them the guardians of harmony.
>>
>>30326475
I'm fine with glimmer. The writers can't do the mane six justice anymore because they can't write around their accomplishments in a believable way. New show focus might breath some fresh air into the show.
>>
>>30326567
Eh, at this point I'd rather they just end things now and go full G5. The mane 6 is who we've been watching this whole time. The theme song is literally all about them for God's sake. If you shift the focus entirely to other characters then it ceases to be FiM at the point.
>>
>>30326615
Fair. Hopefully that's what s8 will be a gateway to, maybe they'll redo the intro I don't know. I just know that they missed the chance to end it on a high note with the mane six, so at this point they are to far into continuing it to just drop it. Eh, I'm depressed now.
>>
>>30326671
desu, the show ended for me at Crusaders of the lost mark. I feel like that's most catharsis I feel we're ever going to get expect for maybe the upcoming AJ's parents episode depending on how they handle it. But yeah, the only real reason I've been holding on at this point is to see if they answer the more important answers like the real origin of the tree of harmony and the endgame of Twilight's destiny, but I realize now that stuff is probably never really gonna get touched on.
>>
>>30326615
Going to be honest, I'd be down for a reboot. Maybe even throw sunny into this show with it being a new generation.

that being said, there's still plenty of stuff for the mane six I'd like to see: You can still tell stories without having to shake the character up massively.
Like I won't feel this show is truly concluded till I get an RD/LD episode to follow on their relationship.
>>
>>30328463
I'm gonna shove my three foot cock into you if you don't stop King Arthur :^)
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>30325791
That sounds like a fanfic but it would be great to bring back the evil looking and manly(hardcore) King Sombra
>>
File: holy smoke, he's a toon!.jpg (1020KB, 1000x1042px) Image search: [Google]
holy smoke, he's a toon!.jpg
1020KB, 1000x1042px
>>30326291
What the fuck. This is legit?
>posted on Twitter 25 May 2017
How the fuck did I miss the thread for this? Was there even one?
>>
>>30321844
You do know nightmare moon wasn't really reformed
>>
>>30326218
Zecora is proof that you don't need a horn to use magic.
>>
>>30329241
That could just be a special Zebra intuition/magicks that can't be imitated by mudponies or Pegasai, though.
>>
File: chrysalis-cute.png (385KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chrysalis-cute.png
385KB, 1280x720px
bump
>>
>>30329165
all it really did was confirm S8, which everyone already knew.
>>
>>30329195
Do Luna and Nightmare Moon count as the same mare or are they separate entities?
>>
Oh shit time travel flashback... Give hasbro a bad reason to let them come back because they want money and hookers ... Let the fandom rape the part of the internet the bronies call home because we fear change.
>>
File: ben-kenobi-ghost.png (335KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
ben-kenobi-ghost.png
335KB, 450x312px
>>30333115
From what could be surmised from canon, she was... Seduced by some "dark side" to her unique magic. She ceased to be Princess Luna and "became" Nightmare Moon. And when that happened, the good friend who was your waifu was destroyed. So, your headcanon is true... from a certain point of view.

IMO, I kind of like the idea of NMM being sort of a magical Symbiote-entity, like she was in the IDW arc... Even if the execution of that concept was somewhat imperfect.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.