[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly and thankful reminder that everything from the IDW comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1291980.png (1MB, 967x882px) Image search: [Google]
1291980.png
1MB, 967x882px
Friendly and thankful reminder that everything from the IDW comics pre Shadowlock is definitively non canon because of the soft reboot Hasbro forced them to do after issue 50.

Post issue 50 they're debatable, but mostly heavily rely on the show and are clearly secondary in order of importance.
>>
>>30316010
>stop just short of admiting nothing has been cannon so people start thinking the future stuff is canon.
Brilliant plan.
>>
>>30316010
Neighter is post 50 canon. They just started to get some future episode description but they still fail to make them consistent. Like Discord actually stop existing if he stop being chaotic, he can't turn into order at all.
>>
>>30316077
Accord ended at issue 50. That right there is just an example about how 50 and below are non-canon.
>>
>>30316010
>Rainbow Dash's reaction.
Priceless.
>>
>>30316124
Price does that a lot.
>>
>>30316010
Everything is canon you faggot, FiM, the comics, EQG even Filly Funtasia was going to be canon, but there were too many canons and they got rid of it
>>
>>30316010
>the soft reboot Hasbro forced them to do after issue 50
How does 51 onwards count as a soft reboot? They haven't gone out of their way yet to avoid talking about previous issues.
>>
>>30317794
Because the only plots are directly based upon S7 episodes and rely on them for their existence.
>>
>>30317794
They're actually more tied to the show. Notice how the main series stuff has never gotten a nod in the show. The only comic nod I know of referenced Fluttershy and Dash being away to a class reunion, which was one of the FF comics.

Safe to say shit like Radiant Hope and Deer Kingdom are safely in the realm of non-canon.
>>
>>30318214
That was a coincidence, probably. The only confirmed reference was Ogres and Oubliettes.
>>
>>30316010
If Shadowlock or the evil Alicorn won't appear in S7 then IDW can fuck itself because no one will ever believe them that their shit is canon
>>
>>30316010
>the soft reboot Hasbro forced them to do after issue 50.
What the fuck are you talking about dude, there was never any fucking reboot.
>>30316077
I am looking forward to discordant harmony since it takes the premise of discord trying to change himself for his friends and does it without assfucking everyone to shill starlight.
>>
>>30318280
Glimmer being a focus in Discord story rather than Fluttershy was always rubbing me the wrong way when reading Chaos Arc. Like how the fuck is she suddenly a good enough friend for Discord to even listen to a single word she says instead zapping her dumb ass before he does so with Pinkie Pie. Not to mention zapping Fluttershy like she's nobody when he literally risk his own life in S6 finale and almost kill himself because of her next episode.
>>
>>30318313
Yeah, that arc was just fucked up from start to finish.
Fluttershy, FROM THE START, should have been trying to turn discord back, NOT because he was a villain, but because he was her FRIEND. And if one of her friends, for all intents and purposes, "killed" himself to replace himself with a completely different persona, I can't imagine fluttershy not going through hell and highwater to bring him back.

instead all we got was a sad look from fluttershy over his change, and that was that.
>>
>>30318280
There was no full on restart, but everything 50 and before has been soft retconned out. Future main series is tying more into show episodes.
>>
>>30318342
when a writer or person on idw says that, I might give it some weight, but as is that's just wishful thinking on your part.
>>
>>30318347
If the older issues had weight then they'd at least be given some nods. So far for years there's been no magic everfree deer, no mention of Chrysalis's debut comic or imprisonment shit, nothing. You'd think major things like that would get at least an offhand mention.
>>
>>30318347
They never advertised "Ties into the show!" before issue 51.
>>
>>30318373
And you think the show is going to start offhandedly mention events from 51 onward?
I doubt that.
Having the comic have tighter continuity with the show does not mean IDW is rebooting their own comic continuity. We'll see deer and fringe references in the future, you can bet on that.
>>
>>30318450
Yes, that means the future plots will deal with stuff for the future of the show, but that doesn't mean everything prior is non-canon. its just a gimmick to try and boost sales by offering "Sneak peaks" of whats to come.
>>
>>30318464
From what I've seen, it doesn't really even tie into the show that much. Most of these stories are "But what happened next?!" fanfictions. See the Yakyakistan arc, or Pinkie in Discord's chaos world thing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.