[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The townsPEOPLE need ya, they've been sad for a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: ttf.png (661KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ttf.png
661KB, 1280x720px
>The townsPEOPLE need ya, they've been sad for a while
Remind me again why Magical Mystery Cure isn't shit?
>>
Would you hate this awesome song just because they're not people but fish? You nerd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zVY3ztPvs
>>
>>30307575
I don't think I've ever met someone who thought MMC wasn't shit, so I'm not sure why you would need reminding.
>>
>>30307699
MMC is a good episode.
>>
File: 1477800533456.png (117KB, 388x461px) Image search: [Google]
1477800533456.png
117KB, 388x461px
>>30307575
>Remind me again why Magical Mystery Cure isn't shit?

I can't do that when it isn't true. It's literally the only genuinely bad episode.
>>
>>30307699
Only Twifags and autists think that it was a bad episode.
>>
>>30307575
The songs were good desu senpai
>>
>>30307860
>implying Princess Spike isn't worse
>>
File: it can't be helped.jpg (26KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
it can't be helped.jpg
26KB, 477x640px
>>30307862
I'm a Twifag and I like it.
>>
>>30307575
Ponies are people. Humans are people. But ponies aren't human.

Why is it that after seven years, some niggas still don't get that.
>>
>>30307862
Explain what the spell was supposed to do in the first place, the spell Starswirl couldn't complete.
>>
>>30308000
fuck your mother
>>
>>30308016
Exactly, you don't know. That's why MMC is shit and you should finish middle school before posting here again
>>
>>30308017
if I gave you an actual reply like 'remind ponies who they are with the power of friendship' you would be the one posting insults but for some reason you would think that's perfectly okay. why are you so hypocticial?
>>
>>30308034
Why bother coming into show discussion threads if you don't want to discuss and then call me out when I try to? Why are you such a hypocrite?
>>
>>30307837
>>30307862

Well, what do you know? I guess you guys do exist.
>>
It seemed rushed. Like as if the staff and crew were trying to get it done and over with so they could go on their vacations.
>>
>>30308034
>remind ponies who they are with the power of friendship

What does that even mean? What does it mean when a pony forgets who they are? Are ponies forgetting who they are such a common problem that you need a spell for it? The only reason the mane six even forgot who they were was because of the spell in the first place, is it supposed to be circular like that? How is it any different from the memory spell that Twilight used in season 2?

Not meaning to be rude, just genuinely curious.
>>
File: 1451360415232.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451360415232.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>30307575
Good songs shit rushed story.
>>
>>30308046
I'm calling you out for asking for points, when most likely you'll just start insulting whoever gives you points, calling them hasdrone or something. Very rarely have I seen S1 shills partake in constructive discussion here instead of just shitposting and insulting.
>>
>>30308122
So you're calling him out for something he hasn't done because you assume he will do it if you give him the chance?
>>
>>30308068
But the songs were just as shit as the story.
>>
>>30308034
I re-watched it for a bit, and Twilight explicitly said that their memories were unaffected, yet they insisted doing stuff they were not supposed to do because of their cutie mark. If something like that happened out of the blue, why didn't they have any suspicions? Like why did their cutie marks change? That's a huge plot hole. Also, once Twilight cast the spell after that catchy song, she was teleported to the celestial realm or whatever, then I don't understand. Does Celestia transform her into an alicorn or was that was the spell was supposed to do?
>>30308122
Then fuck off, don't derail the thread
>>
>>30308144
This. The moment the show had been building toward for fifty episodes was handed to us without much in the way of explanation in a slapdash manner. An unsatisfying end to a short, unsatisfying season, but also the end of FiM. It became a different show after that.
>>
shit taste: the thread
>>
>>30308131
Yes. If we'd done it with Hitler long ago millions of lives could ve saved.
>>
>>30308160
>the end of FiM. It became a different show after that.
How exactly? Because (You) said so?
>>
>>30308144
>Spike: Why don't you just use that memory spell you used to fix everypony when Discord was here?
>Twilight Sparkle: It's not their memories, Spike. It's their true selves that have been altered!
I mean, she doesn't say that their memories were unaffected. For all we know, this could mean that if she fixed their memories, they'd still be stuck with the wrong cutie marks and suffer for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>30308144
I don't think the implication is that their memories were unaffected, just that their memories weren't the target of the spell. She says their "true selves" have been altered, which would naturally have an effect on their memories.
>>
>>30308174
The show's set up was Bookhorse being sent to Ponyville to learn the magic of friendship and by doing so fulfill her great promise as the Princess' star pupil. The adventures ahe had with those friends gave us the stories told in rach episode, but Twilight's arc was the overall theme from the start. And MMC completed that arc. So the following episodes are really a different show.
>>
File: 1496534644496.png (351KB, 608x822px) Image search: [Google]
1496534644496.png
351KB, 608x822px
>>30308144
>Plot hole
Anon, let's stop encouraging him and giving him so much credit.

Michael Vogel is an idiot, nothing more, nothing less. He contradicts his own words like a retarded jew who can't lie properly.
I bet he doesn't even spend any money on the production of the show and Hasbro just forgot about him entirely.
>>
>>30308179
I see, and since we've seen from the beginning, magic involving cutie marks is almost impossible (Cutie pox, Gaby), so they wouldn't be able to change them back with conventional magic. It could only be fixed with the Starswirl spell, apparently
>>30308193
What I'd like to know is what was the target of the spell, the elements of harmony? Becoming an alicorn through friendship? Maybe I'm just being oblivious, but I don't think it was blatantly obvious either
>>
>>30308202
>the show's theme should never ever be changed
And how's that not boring and unoriginal?
As a kid, I really hated that most cartoons had no progress, no status quo changes. Even shit like characters never changing clothes for years seems stupid.
>>
>>30308227
I won't argue with you, but if you're going to veer from the original premise it ought to be because you have a better premise in mind. Twilight's at times reluctant journey toward her destiny was a better theme than the Mane 6 sitting around a castle waiting for the map to send them the Bat Signal to go solve friendship problems. That's a flimsier premise than the Justice League. At least in that world the event that brought them together was defeating an enemy by banding together, instead of one of them just casting a fucking spell and becoming a princess as a result. That's why in spite of some good episodes S4-6 felt so incoherent.
>>
>>30307575
They've used "nobody" and "girls" before, "people" isn't really a big offender. It's more a term used to refer to the general populace than to humans. I've always thought of "people" as being a way to address all residents, including non-pony residents like dragons and mules.
>>
File: 1440369144990.png (109KB, 371x255px) Image search: [Google]
1440369144990.png
109KB, 371x255px
>>30308000
The spell's intentions are obscure because Starswirl wasn't in his right mind when he created it. Twilight herself says:
>That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even rhyme!

The goal of the spell is to "fulfill" Starswirl's destiny. This could mean that Starswirl saw the potential for alicornhood in himself but didn't know how to unlock it, and his obsession with finding the answer made him power hungry and willing to try anything.

To accomplish this goal, the spell fucks with other ponies' destinies. Why? My best guess is Starswirl thought that by casually messing fate he would prove he was the greatest wizard ever and the universe would just, like, HAVE to make him an alicorn. In any case the spell is "incomplete" because it's literally insane.

Starswirl probably stopped short of actually trying the spell because he realized in the end that playing switcheroo with ponies' destinies would be something a bad guy would do.

Rate my headcanon.
>>
>>30308442
Starswirl probably stopped short of actually trying the spell
I'm pretty sure Celestia told Twilight that Starswirl couldn't finish the spell because he didn't understand friendship like her.

>>30308000
And I'm pretty sure the spell did exactly what we saw it do—switch ponies' destinies. Twilight cast it on the Elements of Harmony, causing the Mane 5 to get all switched up. Starswirl just didn't know how to undo it once it had been done, because the way to undo it required having friends. Twilight couldn't just force her friends to revisit their original destinies; they had to do it out of a desire to help the friend who received their original cutie mark and was struggling with it, thus rediscovering their own special purpose in life. Hence why Celestia said Twilight came up with a brand new form of magic, "friendship magic". Hence the "Princess of Friendship."
>>
>>30307992
/thread
Learn English, OP
>>
>>30308506
Celestia says he "was not able to do what Twilight did." So not necessarily the spell itself, but what he set out to accomplish with it.

Twilight's version of Starswirl's spell comes from her insight that one's destiny is tied to the destiny of one's friends. There is no such thing as a "singled out" destiny; Starswirl's spell is inherently flawed.

Reversing Starswirl's spell was not the "new magic" itself. Rather it gave her the inspiration to rewrite the spell and make it her own.
>>
>>30308000
I speculated once that Starswirl was studying cutiemark magic to replicate something similar to the Cutiepox (implanting a talent or gift on another) but in a controlled way.

It would explain that when Twilight (unknowingly) activated the spell, it swapped the cutiemarks of the ponies tied to the nearest magical artifacts within range (The EoH).

Starswirl probably didnt have the means to finish it while it was in the works. My autism would make me consider the possibility that it wasn't -meant- to be finished or it would lead to someone like Glimmer existing. Ponies who could easily control what one's capable of, potentially en mass.

Too bad we dont know what the spell actually does. With the above explanation, it could have been even more cohesive had it somehow fallen into Glimmer's hooves before the Our Town shit happened instead of the retarded "Maud gives her a rock" deal.
>>
>>30308641
That doesn't address the
>The mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled.
part of the spell, though.
>>
The only pass I give MMC is Celestia's song. I'm not even a sunfag, but when she sings it does things to my heart. Probably the only other time I've fallen in love with a voice since I was a young lad listening to the Bangles.

>>30307876
Princess Spike on the other hand actually made me angry.
>>
>>30308678
Considering the effect the swap had, Starswirl's variant tied one's talent(s) with one's experience/thoughts (and possibly the fate associated with it) tied to the received Mark. Its why Twilight had to help overwrite the effect with their original memories around their mark/experiences.

Meanwhile, Glimmer's Equalizing skill had a similar effect (receiving a mark had a specific effect on one's ability) but without the mental overwrite (which she influenced herself with her Cult of Personality methods). If she could have done the same Equalizing spell, but with whatever Starswirl's method was, she could have probably equalized ponies and overwrite their thoughts to behave a certain way, too.
>>
>>30307876

Princess Spike is fine
>>
>>30307575
I liked MMC. Great songs and an unexpected gamechanger at the end which (in my opinion) improved the series and made it interesting again for me.
>>
>>30307992
Because OP is a moron. As usual.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.