[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No I do not love the groom, In my heart there is no room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: this day aria.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this day aria.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>No I do not love the groom, In my heart there is no room
I get that they needed a rhyme, but this just seems weird.
As in, 'in my heart there is no room' is somewhat specific. It doesn't just imply that Chrysalis doesn't care, it implies that her heart might be taken by somebody else. Yet throughout the episode there is no hint at her having an actual romantic interest whatsoever. I wonder if there was an abandoned subplot made to meant her look more sympathetic or something.
>>
>>30286737
>made to meant
meant to make*
>>
>>30286737
It means she loves no one but herself. its not that hard to figure out anon.
>>
>>30286737
You are just making dumb implications for the sake of it.
It simply hints that she doesn't care about the groom.
We know she cares about her species just fine, that's why she gets angry when Glimmy and Thorax make them betray her.
>>
>>30286756
This. She has no room in her heart for anyone, because she's so self-absorbed and only cares for herself and the continued success of her empire. A child could figure this out.
>>
>>30286775
brony fandom generated content not by choosing simple explanations
>>
Read above.

The combined comments of these anons covers it.
>>
>>30286737
>I wonder if there was an abandoned subplot made to meant her look more sympathetic or something.
The only good bug is a dead bug.
>>
>>30286737
As all other posters made clear: Occam's razor
You don't need a complicated explanation when a simple one fits perfectly.
>>
>>30288399
>The only good bug is a dead bug.
Or ones that's not black.
>>
>>30286737
I'm going to be so pissed if they even redeem Chrysalis. While I get the show is about friendship and forgiveness, having all the bad guys turned good is completely unrealistic. It also sends a bad message to girls that anyone can be turned around and there's not a single person who is an ass just to be one.
>>
>>30288741
>all the bad guys turned good is completely unrealistic
Not to mention pastel colored english-speaking ponies... now that's even more realistic!

At least partial/chemical lobotomy can work wonders on the criminal mind,
but DNA just can't do pastel, brain development and vocal cords.
>>
>>30288771
Killer job, building that strawman.
>>
>>30288738
>>
>>30286737
It means she's not capable of love. Changelings as a whole probably aren't, which is why they need the love of others.
>>
>>30286737
Eh seems a stretch.
>>
>>30288741
There is still Tirek and the Sirens.
> It also sends a bad message to girls that anyone can be turned around
that's not really a bad message. What is unrealistic is not that it can't be done, but how it is done.
In reallife we are much too focused on revenge and punishment instead of helping bad people becoming better so that we have more productive members of society and less tax suckers. The amount of criminals who actually are brain damaged and thus nonredeemable are a tiny minority of all criminals who are imprisoned/hunted.
>>
>>30290864
And Sombra.
>>
>>30286737
It could just be saying that her heart is small.

I.E. If you live in a closet then you don't have much room for guests.
>>
>>30286756
>It means she loves no one but herself.
But no, Anon, she loves her hive, everything she did she did for her hive.
>>
File: chrysalis-cute.png (385KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chrysalis-cute.png
385KB, 1280x720px
>>30288741
I think the show could probably use a permanently evil antagonist if the writers really wanted to, and still not detract from their overall message that "anyone can reform with the power of friendship". Chrysalis could always be played out as more of a cautionary tale for people who have all the opportunities in the world to adjust their behavior and be better off for it, but instead doubles-down on their bastardly attitudes out of spite and pride until it leaves them in ruins.

Tirek was another decent example of nostalgia-motivated villainy, in the vain hopes of having lightning strike twice with past victories (which was the idea he passed off to Discord, which led to a similar moral), but in the case of ol' Cheeselegs she's lost everything - most notably the loyalty of her underlings - extremely recently, and unlike Tirek; she wouldn't have to settle for living as a decrepit old monster with no gains for the rest of her life if she did settle into a more friendship-oriented lifestyle. Essentially she would have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain - but the tragedy of her character would be that she'd never accept it and believe holding out for a big break in evil would be better worth her time and effort.

Nothing against the show's perchance for reforming antagonists, but it just seems a little redundant without at least one character as a distinct glimpse into "what could have been" if they didn't succumb to a complete overall on their personalities to better themselves.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.