[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Sunset and stuff, but I honestly really hate eqg. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 852355.png (1MB, 2500x2300px) Image search: [Google]
852355.png
1MB, 2500x2300px
I love Sunset and stuff, but I honestly really hate eqg. It's mostly boring, most of the designs are shit, and it's pretty clear that Hasbro doesn't really know to do with it. Things would've been better if it was never made

>Season 3 would've been longer
>More time and manpower devoted to the show in general
>Sunset could've been S3's villain, making a much more interesting finale
>Possibly could've gotten a legit pony movie sooner
>The Dazzlings's superior sea horse form would've gotten more screen time
>Glimmer's friendship lessons could've been more interesting if she was learning them along with Sunset
>ACTUAL Twilight could've gone evil instead of some slut nerd

Why do we live in the worst timeline?
>>
File: CoLDsTeel gLiM.jpg (207KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CoLDsTeel gLiM.jpg
207KB, 800x800px
I agree with all of this. But
>>Glimmer's friendship lessons could've been more interesting if she was learning them along with Sunset
Gimmer never should be in the show!
She is just a OC! A bad one!
>>
>>30276807
Glimmer either would never have joined the group or wouldn't have existed at all if Sunset was there. Also, the Dazzlings would make much better recurring villains than Cheeselegs.
>>
>>30276897
But Glim is actually pretty alright when she's just hanging out with ponies
>>
>>30276897
So is Sunset, neither of them should have been made tbqhf
>>
>>30276807
>>ACTUAL Twilight could've gone evil instead of some slut nerd
JUST
>>
>>30276807
Nah. Sunset was a shit villain and a boring character. I'm glad she was made for EG, she doesn't need to be on the show.
>>
>>30276807
Also you don't get Sunset without EqG so wishing it was never made means Sunset never existed.
>>
>>30277556
I feel that's only because of the high school, but I guess we'll never really know what could've been
>>
>>30276807
>Things would've been better if it was never made
>The Dazzlings's superior sea horse form would've gotten more screen time
Dazzlings wouldn't exist anon.
Also things that would've been worse if it was never made
>we would never get all these awesome songs
>Sunset's arc would probably not be as great
>we wouldn't get Gloriosa who's better written than most show villains
>no qt human forms
>no mind-reading superpowers for Sunset
>MLP verse wouldn't generally be as vast as it is now with another world
Also Season 3 was short because of 65 episodes rule. Google that shit before making assumptioms.
>>
File: 1496372283238.png (40KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1496372283238.png
40KB, 253x238px
>>30279111
>we wouldn't get Gloriosa who's better written than most show villains
You lost me there
>>
>>30279111
All of your points have been discussed in the EqG threads years ago. All the ideas would've been kept but only been remade to fit a fantasy world full of ponies instead of a fake human world with cliché schools.

tl;dr - EqG is shit and we would've'd more episodes
>>
>>30279229
Are you trying to tell me Nightmare Moon or Sombra or Tirek had better motivations?
>>
>>30279111
>>we wouldn't get Gloriosa who's better written than most show villains
what
>>
>>30279672
She has struggles on her own and traits that make her sympathetic (i.e. a more developed character), things that villains mentioned in >>30279662 lack.
>>
>>30279662
>>30279686

All the villain motivations are pretty shit. Glimmer was the closest we ever got to some nuance, but they ruined that with "muh friend left me" bullshit.
>>
>>30279692
Actually I think 'my friend left me' made her character deeper by showing that an ideology might be born by a traumatic childhood experience. The problem is that this, despite making her more developed, doesn't serve to make her more sympathetic and thus her being instantly forgiven doesn't seem right.
But I do think Gloriosa's motivation is pretty good. The desire to keep something that have belonged to your family for decades makes her resort to using magic, which overtakes her mind and makes her seek a complete isolation inside the camp. What's so shitty about that?
Also Chrysalis' motivation by itself is goat but it's wasted potential in the show as it's never used to actually make her sympathetic.
>>
>>30279745
>What's so shitty about that?
Thinking about, I think you're actually right. It's more that she's kinda boring overall, the villains are lot more memorable having some quirks and fun performances from their respective VAs, which I don't feel Daisy delivered in that front.
>>
>>30279643
Anon you're making too much assumptions. Characters like sunset had their character based around the eqg concept. To put the character in a different setting requires a rewrite and no one knows how that would go. The show isn't perfect either and it has squanderer a lot if decent ideas too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.