[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You! Anon! I have 2 questions for you. 1) Would you prefer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1489199730847.png (146KB, 970x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489199730847.png
146KB, 970x1024px
You! Anon! I have 2 questions for you.

1) Would you prefer if it went into generation 5 after this season (even though this can't happen since a few more seasons are confirmed), or if it stayed generation 4?

2) Why do you prefer the option with generation 5?
>>
>>30255974
>Would you prefer
Yep, Gen 5 or new cast.
>Why?
Show's getting stale, we're getting the same morals repeated in episodes, everyone's achieved their career goals, there's no conflicts between the mane 6 anymore, and finally they don't go on adventures anymore and Twilight's god status which makes everything boring.

Conflict made the earliest seasons great, whether it was cheating during a race or yelling each other's brains out during a sleepover. Now everyone's buddy buddy and we don't have conflict anymore and everything is boring.
>>
>>30255974
Gen 5
The ride needs to fucking end.
>>
>>30255974
1. Stays G4
2. Kill yourself
>>
>>30255991
Also, new storyboarders, new writers, etc. They're messing up the current cast and if they can't be assed to learn the characters they inherited at least they'll be able to handle a cast that they created.
>>
File: 1334298.png (678KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1334298.png
678KB, 1280x720px
>>30255974
Honestly, I don't know. After season 6, I really didn't want to get any more seasons. I felt that the quality was so low that it was painful to watch. But now I'm kinda enjoying season 7, and I know that I'll miss the mane 6 when everything is over. I can't decide yet.

There's one thing I know for sure, I don't want a Gen 4 where Glimmer is more and more important. If they're gonna replace the main cast, I want a real ending and a Gen 5. I don't want to see the mane 6 fading into the background until they're completely gone, that would be the worst possible thing.
>>
G5 all the way. Make Sunset Shimmer (or at least a character heavily based in her) the lead
>>
>>30255974
G4
>>
File: twiggy.png (177KB, 284x303px) Image search: [Google]
twiggy.png
177KB, 284x303px
>>30255974
G4, unless G5 will still have muh waifu and they dont make the art style fucking ugly again.
>>
>>30255991
>everyone's achieved their career goals
This is so dumb.
Has Fluttershy become a full time Ponytone yet? Has Pinkie become a master baker yet?
>>
>>30256541
>full time Pony Tone
One shot episode hobby shtick.
>master baker
She probably is? She's never had any career goals demonstrated, the most she could do is open up a chain of party stores or bakeries, and that's it. Either way they've done everything.
>>
>>30256895
The point is there are still stories to tell with the mane 6, there are limitless possibilities that all depend on creativity
>>
File: 1492090362405.png (63KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492090362405.png
63KB, 512x512px
>>30255974

I want whatever option gives me a spinoff starring Starlight
>>
>>30255991
this
I hope the gen 5 pones are the cmc grown up
>>
>>30255974
Gen 5
Whilst I still really REALLY enjoy the show I get the feeling that it needs to be rebooted again with an expectation of gaining a large crowd and competent writers who are more willing to be in for the long haul and put in the effort and quality the show deserves
>>
>>30255992
when one ride ends another begins, and you know you'll be back for Gen 5
>>
Season 7 has been great. 6 was kind of bumpy but they've definitely redeemed themselves
>>
>>30255974
No, the current designs are perfection itself. Should the plot or the world be rebooted is a separate question.
>>
>>30257204
>World reboot
YES. WE CAN STILL SAVE IT.
>>
>>30257368
World reboot, split the show in 2. One adult and one kiddie.
>>
>>30258187
>Bitchlight Sparkle and her friends Niggerjack, Rainbow Douche, Cream Pie, Sluttershy, and Shart
>there are actually people that unironically want an adult MLP
That said, at the least, a tween or early teen oriented MLP that wasn't EQG might bring some fun stuff to the table
>>
>>30256895
Rainbow Dash's life as a Wonderbolt has a lot of good episode potential. She could have more growth here than she's had in the past 6 seasons combined.
>>
>>30259812

I don't know about that, considering how useless/incompetent the Wonderbolts have always been in general. I can't see them doing anything with the Wonderbolts they haven't already done
>>
>>30255974

I think they just need to drop the Mane 6 and roll back a bit. They have an entire world of unexplored areas and yet they stick around in Podunkville and tell others how to act.

They need to shift the dynamic to be exploratory with new poners.
>>
>>30259864
This all the way.
There's all these other towns, creatures, and characters who showed up once or twice - and there's interesting plots to be had with all of them.
Hell, the last time Gilda made a major appearance, she was tasked with bringing friendship to the griffons. There's at least two eps you can tell with that story, let alone every other unexplored element of the franchise.

We just need to get away from the mane six.
>>
>>30260553
>>30259864
isn;t this literally what they're trying to do with glimmer though, like make a new mane 6 with different conflicts and actual abrasive personalities.
>>
>>30260613
Is it going well?
>>
>>30260613
>new mane 6 with (...) actual abrasive personalities
>glimmer worshipper
Faggot detected
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.