[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SO MUCH BLUE!!! So the update to fimfiction finally happened.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0071.png (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.png
1MB, 1536x2048px
SO MUCH BLUE!!!

So the update to fimfiction finally happened.
I never knew Knighty had such bad taste though
>>
File: 1458988313696.gif (1MB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
1458988313696.gif
1MB, 394x297px
>>30242505
>he converted all of the genre tags to blue
for what FUCKING PURPOSE
>>
File: 1494965025690.jpg (128KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494965025690.jpg
128KB, 700x700px
>>30242505
>FimFiction
>>
>>30242696
It's my new favorite site.
>>
>>30242505
I dislike it. Will Knighty ever leave it alone?
>>
File: webnd btt.gif (358KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
webnd btt.gif
358KB, 500x574px
>>30242505
>Group folders of stories are fucked
>Character tags don't have their own images on them anymore
>Round avatars
Why? Original CSS WHEN?
>>
>>30242505
Menu broke after update. Overlaps a big part of screen but can't click or access what it hides.
People who make useless updates and breaks everything in the process should be banned from the Internet.
>>
>>30242505
why there's no little circle with the characters at the bottom? it's harder to see which characters are present now
>>
File: srsly fgt.png (377KB, 590x520px) Image search: [Google]
srsly fgt.png
377KB, 590x520px
>>30242505
May as well rip off every fucking format from Facebook, because apparently lord dipshit thinks that any of it was a good idea.
>>
>>30242505
I have to admit, I was rather fond of the FiMFiction layout the way it was. To me it was perfectly functional.

Now I don't know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>30242505
Seth finally got to him.
>>
Anyone knows a good place to post/read fanfics instead of fimfiction?
(Doubt they will make it optional to have old or new layout.)
>>
>>30246537
Somebody already made a userstyle for the green menubar.

Other stuff can probably be fixed with userscripts - for instance, square avatars are still stored on the site afaik, so even if they're cropped to circles server-side for normal pages you could make a dedicated request to load the square version and replace the round one with that on the page.

Actually, what's fimfiction's license? Forked frontend when?
>>
>>30242505
The butthurt of some people in the comments was delicious
>>
>>30242505
When has a website update ever not made things worse?
>>
>>30246634
By that I mean a layout update.
I think I prefered the excessivly effect laden days of yore over this.
>>
>>30246560
>optional userstyles and userscripts.
Someplace on the web where they explain how to install that stuff?
(Written so a 5-year old idiot who doesn't know any html, can understand it.)
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-06_15-02-16.png (40KB, 917x285px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-06_15-02-16.png
40KB, 917x285px
The colors and the character images were there for a fucking reason. Now it takes forever to understand what the story is about. It's like the site is going backwards
>>
>>30246644
> install greasemonkey for scripts
> when someone publishes a script, they'll probably upload it to e.g. greasyfork.org, from where you should be able to click "install script". If not, and you're having trouble, ask whoever made the script for help - it's really pretty straightforward.
Or
>install stylish for styles
>same as above but with userstyles.org

In case you're confused, styles change the CSS and thus the appearance of the site, whereas scripts change the JS and thus the functionality (and potentially everything else) of the site.
>>
>>30242505
>spent who knows how long on the new update
>is proud to release it publicly
>everyone fucking hates it and never asked for this
On a scale of 1 to 10 how suicidal is Knighty right know?
>>
>>30246733
0, because he knew this would happen, it happens on every update, and he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>30246733
0/10.
It was the same bullshit last update and he doesn't give a shit.
>>
While the situation with the tag colors is still uncertain, here are some promising userstyles to tide things over:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/198799/fimfiction-userscripts/thread/321891/swan-songs-classic-fimfiction-style-emporium-green-userbars-square-avatars-and-other-seditious-supplies
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/198799/fimfiction-userscripts/thread/321883/classic-navbar-and-genre-tags
>>
>>30246873
Hm, Classic Green Userbar or Fimfiction Green Menubar
>>
>>30246695
Thanks!
I'll give it a try.
>>
>>30242505
Knighty, why.
>>
I don't even care what this douche did, but the fact he changed all the tag colors to blue lets me know how much of a massive retard he is
>>
I barely ever visit fimfiction (I really don't read much fanfiction in general) but I remember the site being really easy to use in the past (like year+ ago) since everything was nicely color coded and stuff. This update looks objectively terrible. It's incredibly ugly now.

ATTENTION ALL UI DESIGNERS: Zuckerberg made Facebook blue because he's red-green colorblind. 95% of the population doesn't need to worry about this, and most people actually like color. Don't copy facebook color scheme for every goddamn site!

For reading these comments it seemed they stopped color-coding genres a while before this updated, but I remember that being a super convenient feature when I used to use the site more, a few years ago. Having it text-only is a *terrible* idea.

I really hate updates for updates' sake. No functional improvement? Then don't fucking change anything.
>>
I honestly think he's on an incredibly misguided mission to make the site seem more "professional" and "less gay." Bright, fun colors =/= professional and can be seen as the general public as "gay."

Problem is it's a fucking my little pony site. Leave the colors alone.
>>
>>30247676
>make the site seem more "professional" and "less gay."
>Problem is it's a fucking my little pony site
What the hell are you implying you faggot?
>>
>>30247690
That MLP has lots of bright colors? And it doesn't matter if the public thinks it's gay-looking because it matches the theme of the show?
>>
>>30242696
It started out as our site.
>>
>>30242696
I'd rather read real fanfictions rather than autistic shitty greens here
>>
>>30247727
This. Branding and theming is what's important; for a my little pony site to have varied pastel colours is perfectly acceptable. For an mlp site to have fucking material design in neutral colours is not, yet it seems to be knighty's goal for some reason.
>>
File: 1466496222164.png (117KB, 388x461px) Image search: [Google]
1466496222164.png
117KB, 388x461px
>>30242505

So apparently this update is related to some plan to expand Fimfiction beyond ponies to a general fan fiction site?
>>
>>30248445
It's not like we've known this for years...
>>
>>30248445
None of the changes he made make any difference though. If he's really trying to appeal to a wider fanfiction audience, then why not have selectable CSS themes? I assume *FIM*fiction will stay MLP-related, and any new endeavor would be on its own site right?
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 346x250px
>>30247774
>Implying there isn't an equal amount of autism on FiMFic.

K
>>
>>30248503
At least on Fimfic I can downvote the shit
>>
>>30248445
Isn't it a but too late for that?
>>
>>30244911
>round avatars
A lot of forums I browse have been doing this shit lately, as well as the new vidya desktop icons. Why?! STOP THIS!
>>
>>30248445
Well with the stats on the decline for that site, like every other one, I can imagine he wants the traffic back up.

He could be using this as a lab rat for a different general site though.
>>
>>30248563
It's fucking retarded. Screens and web layouts are and will always will be rectangle-based. Circular avatars are *literally* a waste of space, since in the corners you just see the background of the page. It's not like content wraps tightly around the circle or anything (and if it did that would be stupid too).
>>
>>30248574
Making changes in a desperate attempt to appeal to new audiences instead of your core audience is a death knell for sites. I give FiMfiction another 6 months to a year (under Knighty's control anyway)
>>
>>30242505
Yo listen up here's a story
About a little Knight that lives in a blue world...
>>
>>30248445
Doesn't fanfiction.net already exist?
>>
>>30248445
I don't think that there's any space left between AO3, FF.net and even Wattpad
>>
>>30248639
Yes, but its functionality and layout is severely lacking compared to fimfiction. It looks like it was designed in 1998 with only minor updates since (that's because it was).

Ironically, fimfiction now looks a little more like fanfiction.net after the update with all the ugly flat blue.
>>
>>30248629
Top fucking kek
>>
>>30242505
Colors are shit.
The mobile version is broken, doesn't allow me to change fonts and if you select a dark theme the background of the page doesn't get darker when you scroll. Since I read from a tablet while in bed, it's annoying.
I need to try and see if the original CSS and JS are still saved somewhere in the site. If they are, I'll just load them on greasemonkey and block the new ones in uMatrix. Needless to say it's going to be easy on PC, but an absolute pain in the ass on android.
But seriously, the colors are shit. Looks like fucking facebook.
>>
>>30242505
This about sums up my feelings on it
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.