[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We've had a lot of books come out in the last few years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: BookCovers.jpg (4MB, 2078x2970px) Image search: [Google]
BookCovers.jpg
4MB, 2078x2970px
We've had a lot of books come out in the last few years, but I never really see much discussion on them outside the storytimes. I'm curious how a thread around them would work.

How do you feel about the books we've had /mlp/?
How many of them have you read?
Any in particular your really like or hate?
How do they fit into the canon of the series to you?
And are there any upcoming books, which I'll post a schedule of next, you're looking forward to?
>>
File: upcoming-covers.jpg (2MB, 2103x2321px) Image search: [Google]
upcoming-covers.jpg
2MB, 2103x2321px
>>30224104
These are the ones I'm keeping my eye on to storytime that are coming up:

6/6
"My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Magic, Magic Everywhere!" (Perdita Finn, usually does the EqG chapter books)
"My Little Pony: The Elements of Harmony Vol. II" (Brandon T. Snider, did the last EoH Guidebook)

8/1
"My Little Pony: The Movie: The Stormy Road to Canterlot" (Sadie Chesterfield, has only ever done that "Canterlot High Tell-All" book before for MLP)

8/29
"The Art of My Little Pony: The Movie" (No specific credit for who put this one together, but I see listed on Amazon, "Hasbro (Creator), Rebecca Dart (Introduction), Jayson Thiessen (Afterword), Meghan McCarthy (Foreword)")
"My Little Pony: The Movie: The Deluxe Junior Novel" (G. M. Berrow, usually does the pony chapter books)
"My Little Pony: The Movie: Adventure Awaits (Replica Journal)" [No specific author here either, just "Hasbro"]
"My Little Pony: The Movie: The Great Princess Caper" (Again, just "Hasbro")

9/21
"The Ultimate Guide: All the fun, facts and magic of My Little Pony" ("My Little Pony" is listed for this one, right)
>>
Also, the books are here if any of you are curious and never really took a look at them before.
Princess collection or Daring Do collection would be a good place to start:

http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Books/Official/
>>
>>30224104
I have read
>good night baby flurry heart
>princess twilight sparkle and the forgotten books of autumn
>princess luna and the festival of the winter moon
well the start of it anyway. I still need to get off my arse and finish it
>the journal of the two sisters
>trixie and the razzle dazzle ruse
the rewrites really showed

and fuck anything related to s.m.i.l.e or daring do

What is the elements of harmony about?
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1437x883px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1437x883px
>>30224130
>What is the elements of harmony about?
It's like a big reference book that has some neat concept art and insights about production from the staff strewn about it with lots of full color pages. First one had a bunch of stuff from Faust in it.
I'd guess the next one will be more of the same minus Faust's stuff.
>>
Berrow books are really good. Are you going to story time the Ponyville Schoolhouse ones?
>>
>>30224150
Completely missed those. Age level looks to be 8-12, so it may be something of substance. I'll try the first one out and see how it goes. After a quick search it looks like this will be the first one to come out on July 3rd.
Don't see any books for this Penumbra Quill author for them, so I have no clue how it'll turn out.
>>
>>30224144
Oh neat. I will have to check that out.
>>
>>30224130
Those three books you read were all pretty nice. There's only a handful of the books that i don't like though. I liked how the Anons in the Flurry book storytime were laughing at how it killed the comics. Now in retrospect it's also interesting seeing how the faith in Mike Vogel set in there. He did well in the last episode ranking survey I did and his episodes seemed well received in the strawpolls and episode stickies.

What about those two made you think there were rewrites that showed? Did they seem disjointed or something?

What do you have against the Lyra and Bon Bon book and the Daring Do series?
>>
>>30224181
Apparently its a pen name for Nicole Dubuc.
>>
>>30224209
>What about those two made you think there were rewrites that showed? Did they seem disjointed or something?
Those two?
I am just talking about the trixie book. They discarded the dragon stuff way to easily for it to make sense.
I just think both secret agent bon bon and daring do being real were mistakes I refuse to show any sort of support for.
>>
>>30224222
That did sound a bit too ponyish for a real name. I recognize the Rebels episodes she wrote, but if Berrow didn't translate well to episode writing for most then I can't assume the inverse would turn out well for this one either.

>>30224242
>They discarded the dragon stuff way to easily for it to make sense.
Fair enough.
>I just think both secret agent bon bon and daring do being real were mistakes I refuse to show any sort of support for.
You mean the concepts in general? Something about how they were done in the show sour them for you?
>>
>>30224181
Looks like this one is coming out the same day as that one if Amazon's release date is correct.

Also this description for the series makes me a bit uneasy about what it'll be worth:
>Ideal for younger and more reluctant readers, this new original series complements our existing chapter book program with numbered titles, shorter page counts, and a perennial popular genre. These spooky stories are sure to appeal to all My Little Pony fans--both girl and boy.
Got a slight chuckle out of the "both girl and boy" at the end there though.
>>
>>30224259
I mean, its still meant for like, 10 year olds. So it can't be that simple. I was reading novels for adults by then.
>>
>>30224296
The fact that they specifically seem to say it's not meant for those readers is what's lowering my confidence.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.