[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, could she be turned evil again? We've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Realistically, could she be turned evil again?

We've seen reformed villains and we've seen villains who stayed evil but we've never seen a good character turn to evil. I'm just not sure if DHX would be able to make it work.
>>
>>30220611
I mean she technically could but at this point it seems pretty unlikely, if anyone has the chance to turn evil again it's probably Discord since he's already just teetering on the edge of being a villain.
>>
>>30220611
No, this is not fucking Breaking Bad. Pulling a false heel-face turn is too complicated of a trope for MLP. And you suck for expecting this from the show and then getting butthurt when you don't get it.
>>
Doesn't Luna count in a sense? Sure from our perspective it was an evil character turned good but she was always Luna before she was NMM.
>>
>>30220611
We've seen Discord turn back evil in season 4, only to turn good again.
What I want to see is a good character who's never been evil turn evil
>>
>>30220657
But we never really saw her turn to evil. Yes there was the flash back, but we never actually saw her descend or what caused her to turn.
>>
>>30220634
>And you suck for expecting this from the show and then getting butthurt when you don't get it.

That's a nice conclusion you jumped to, faggot.
>>
>>30220673
>What I want to see is a good character who's never been evil turn evil
Well if you count the movies SciTwi kinda does that
>>
>>30220673
>>30220690
In a half-assed way, with little foreshadowing. It would've been better if the movie showed us Sci-Twi constantly getting bitter at her classmated for bullying her and the principal for manipulating her, thus, the Equestrian magic from her magic gathering device taking control of her mind, blowing her inner bitterness out of proportion and making her truly evil would make more sense.
>>
>>30220732
I never said it was the best example, just that is has happened
>>
>>30220611
>again
She never stopped being evil, she just shifted goals from destroying Twilight to being like her. She'll step on anyone to accomplish that goal.
>>
>>30220682
I wonder what Faust had in mind during S1 because little things such as "the stars will aid in her escape" seem like a bunch of backstory/material that never came to fruition.
>>
>>30220755
Which is the reason why I think she'd make for a perfect candidate for turning back into a villain.

Just do something like "she never TRULY understood friendship" or something.
>>
>>30220611
hopefully
old glim > nu-glim
>>
She tries to fix a problem by being evil.
>>
>>30220634
I am a little confused. Are you implying breaking bad was a good complex show?
>>
>>30220611
She may do something "evil" and be the "bad guy" of an episode because she does something without thinking about the consequences or something, but there's no way she'll go back to being evil for real. As much as this board says that she's had no character development, she's changed quite a lot.
>>
>>30221951
You realise a character can change a lot and not go through character development. What's that word again. Oh yes, flanderization!
>>
>>30221935
okay cham name a good complex show
>>
If something happened to Fluttershy (or their friendship was damaged), Discord might go bad again.

It would certainly be interesting to see if Glimmer might be tempted to turn bad again. She not only manipulated an entire village and mind-raped her "friends," but she also tried to alter the timeline of Equestria over a grudge. Glimmer's a real piece of work. Too bad the show won't ever actually explore that.
>>
>>30220634
You seem unreasonably angry, Jim.
>>
>>30221951
Villian glimmer and non-villain glimmer might as well be two completely different ponies for all the impact the former has on the latter's relationships and character.
They could literally be Twin sisters and it'd make more sense.
>Evil glim was the confident one while the other was a social autist due to evil glim isolating her from everyone.
>Good glim tries to make up for her sisters actions but her autism causes her to do a lot of the same shit since her only example for how to act is her sister.
>Everyone forgives her constantly because her autism is the fault of evil glim.
>>
It would be interesting to see her just give up and go back to doing her thing. It would be a good lesson on how some people just never change.
>>
File: 1494449892985.png (190KB, 991x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494449892985.png
190KB, 991x1024px
>>30220611
>earns wings
>everything was a ploy to get close to Twilight and become a princess
>gets revenge using newfound alicorn strength.
>>
>>30222496
That's a rather grim lesson to be teaching little kids, don't you think?
>>
File: aggu.jpg (207KB, 1322x309px) Image search: [Google]
aggu.jpg
207KB, 1322x309px
>>30220611
Making her a villain again after 2 fucking seasons of an absolutely mediocre redeption would make the past 2 years a literal waste, anon.

Starlight was a bad idea right from the beginning and now the staff is forever stuck with her and the bad rep she permanently got for them.
>>
File: jim miller browses 4chan.jpg (195KB, 599x540px) Image search: [Google]
jim miller browses 4chan.jpg
195KB, 599x540px
>>30222428
>>
>>30220611
Doing a straight up would be really shit, but maybe we can get it through cloning/time travel shenanigans
>>
>>30222947
>Making her a villain again after 2 fucking seasons of an absolutely mediocre redeption would make the past 2 years a literal waste, anon.
Implying that's not what you fucking want!?
>>
>>30223014
I would have liked her to stay a villain. That way the dumbfuck things she does every time she's given enough screentime would have made more sense.

Of course, ideally I would have liked a series where she never existed at all because all what she did was screw up the series' balance beyond any repair.
>>
>>30222734
True enough, especially considering that kids probably don't give a shit about new characters being added and might even develop a liking of them.
>>
>>30223036
Prior to the Season 5 finale I was hoping she would become an antihero so we could have more fun with conflicting ideologies.

It's disappointing they wrote off all her past actions as pure evil. There were originally implications of her being a well-intentioned extremist, which is part of what made her interesting as a villain.
>>
>>30223130
Hence why she became nothing but a problem that will continue to fuck things up as long the people behind of her creation remain in charge.
>>
File: maud flash photography.jpg (1MB, 4000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
maud flash photography.jpg
1MB, 4000x2500px
>>30220611
No, not now that she has true friends of her own like Trixie and Maud.
>>
>>30220673
Discord is a morally ambiguous character, at best.

>people are forgetting about flutterbitch and Trixie
fucking degenerates
>>
File: glimmer pretends.png (34KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
glimmer pretends.png
34KB, 698x1284px
>>30220611
>>
>>30220634
Discord tho
>face-heel turn
I forget: do we ree at people for using tvtropes or no?
>>
>>30224201
we only reee if:
>no hooves
>starlight glimmer
>sunset shimmer
>scitwi
>that fuck vogel
>that other fuck who's name I can't remember
>faust
>the m6
>fluttercord
>dadcord
>furry shit
>XD BRONIES
>people more degenerate than us

I think that about covers it
>>
File: 1425713797544.jpg (177KB, 438x563px) Image search: [Google]
1425713797544.jpg
177KB, 438x563px
>>30224201
We ree at people who ask stupid questions like that.

Lurk moar, newfag.
>>
>>30224201
>Discord tho
Context tho. He had a heel-face-heel-face turn, and OP suggest a hell-face-heel turn for Glimgollum which is more grim for a show like this.
>>
>>30220611
Yes she could.
>>
>>30220611
Starlight has a weak personality and is very weak willed after she was reformed, I don't see her becoming a villain ever again
>>
>>30220611
Absolutely
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.