[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick /mlp/, tell us what your favourite episode from the entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1396425392869.gif (3MB, 441x423px) Image search: [Google]
1396425392869.gif
3MB, 441x423px
Quick /mlp/, tell us what your favourite episode from the entire show thus far is and give us an explanation as to why you like it so much
>>
>>30219695
Party of everyone
>>
>>30219695
Slice of life
Or Tanks for the memories
>>
File: 1415829240070.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1415829240070.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>30219695
That time Rainbow saved humanity from the matrix.
>>
>>30219695
That's tough, but I think it might be Pinkie Pride. Weird Al seemed to right at home in MLP. I particularly loved it when Cheese Sandwich "stole" Pinkie's smile song, fun nod to Weird Al and his polka parodies.

Not to mention, every song in Pinkie Pride is really good.
>>
>>30219695
Pinkie Pride. It had everything I love about the show in one episode and I could kind of relate to ponk in it.
>>
Pinkie apple pie
The episode is just really funny, the song is one of my favorites in the show and I think the characters were handled really well
>>
>>30219695
A Hearth's Warming Tale

I know it's a very basic retelling of a Christmas Carol, but the 18th century winter aesthetic of the episode was great, the songs were top-tier (still consider Pinkies Present the best song in the show), and if you don't compare it to the original Dickens novel or 1984 movie (which I consider the best adaptation) and see it as its own thing the story is pretty good for an MLP episode.
Would have been better if they premiered it in December instead of fucking May though, that was my only real problem with it.
>>
I might just have low standards but I like every episode except for 28 pranks later and twilight time
>>
>>30219695
Yeah, Pinkie Pride was one hell of an episode.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>30219695
My first choice has always been The Cutie Mark Chronicles. It's literally the episode that defines the show for me. It's light-hearted, it's comfy, it does a great work at introducing new lore. It's just perfect.

But a few weeks ago someone spammed the board with CotLM, and I realized how much I love that episode. Maybe it's not so great at other things that TCMC did perfectly, but the songs are wonderful, "what is this place, filled with so many wonders?" can't really compare to "there's so much more still left to learn about yourself, see the light that shines in you, we know you can be some pony else." This episode was a piece of Heaven.

I can't really say which episode I love the most. But I'll love Larson and AKR forever.
>>
My favorite would be Make New Friends but Keep Discord. I like how it delves into a clear flaw of his, insecurity and jealousy, and the episode is pretty funny
>>
File: amending_fences_00075.png (195KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
amending_fences_00075.png
195KB, 640x360px
>>30219695
Amending Fences, for the strong continuity and feels. It glued the past to the present by dealing with things that happened pretty recently, rather than a decade prior. And because of that continuity, it gave emotional weight not just to Twilight's problem (whom we were already invested in), but also to a character we'd technically never seen.

It helped that it was a real, grounded problem to which many people -- especially those of us in the aging fanbase -- can relate. It was just a slam dunk all around.

I'd contrast it with something like The Times They Are a Changeling, in which I was personally hard-pressed to give any shits about Thorax, and which made Spike's song came off as maudlin and forced.
>>
File: fluttershyimthemonster.png (368KB, 717x407px) Image search: [Google]
fluttershyimthemonster.png
368KB, 717x407px
>>30219695
Unpopular choice here, Putting Your Hoof Down
I think this is a pivotal episode for Fluttershy's character, as she never has fits of rage after it. Also it's thematically one of the best episodes of MLP. Many bronies have to cope with not trying to be an asshole in a world of assholes but at the same time not being a passive bitch, and that's exactly what this episode is about.
Also it had one of the simplest yet most dramatic moments in the series
>>
>>30220587
>as she never has fits of rage after it.
Say what
>Many bronies have to cope with not trying to be an asshole in a world of assholes but at the same time not being a passive bitch, and that's exactly what this episode is about.
Stop projecting.
>>
>>30220571
To clarify on the "pretty recently" point: I mean, somewhat paradoxically, that we'd had time for it to sink in. It wasn't a plot point that was just introduced casually in that same episode, but rather, something that resonated all the way back to the beginnings of FiM.

I think this illustrates a problem with the way Hasbro is hiring writers today. Because everyone's a freelancer-of-the-week rather than staff, there's this hesitation about leaving unanswered questions or plot hooks for future episodes. As a result, there are no vague things or throwaway lines on which to elaborate; all sense of continuity in the present show boils down to an incidental character popping up again. These days, there's less sense of the world happening around these characters, and more a sense that it's happening -for- them.
>>
>>30220719
>Say what
Name an episode after PYHD where she does?
>Stop projecting.
Why is this a problem for you?
>>
>>30220852
>Name an episode after PYHD where she does?
Quite literally, every Fluttershy episode and a lot that just have her in them always have one of those 'Fluttershy gets screaming angry and has to take deep breaths' tropes. All her episodes focus around either 'making fluttershy not shy' or 'making fluttershy not a complete bitch'.

>Why is this a problem for you?
It irked me that you think
>Many bronies have to cope with not trying to be an asshole in a world of assholes but at the same time not being a passive bitch
Is a norm for anyone but you. Saying something like that is the definition of projecting.
>>
>>30219695
The Best Night Ever

The song is glorious, all the Mane 6 are played up yet relatable, all the jokes are just as entertaining to adults as they are to children, the colors and design of everything are stellar and the moral is wonderfully crafted. I'd easily consider it in the Top 100 moments in TV history it's just that spectacular.
>>
>>30220886
>Quite literally, every Fluttershy episode and a lot that just have her in them always have one of those 'Fluttershy gets screaming angry and has to take deep breaths' tropes. All her episodes focus around either 'making fluttershy not shy' or 'making fluttershy not a complete bitch'.
Wut? Sne literally never has the same fits of anger as in The Best Night Ever or PYHD. She never screams in rage in Hurricane Fluttershy, Discord episodes, the breezies one, the Halloween one, her brother one. Even when she does scream in Fluttershy Leans In, it's much more controlled and if you compare Libman's tone of voice to the one in TBNE, it's very different, which only proves my point further. I suggest next time you make assumptions based on actual things and not random generalisations.
>Is a norm for anyone but you. Saying something like that is the definition of projecting.
Funny you should say that on 4chan, the place where bronies act like assholes 24/7. Guess it's not as much of a norm for them.
>>
>>30220962
>Even when she does scream in Fluttershy Leans In, it's much more controlled and if you compare Libman's tone of voice to the one in TBNE
>I admit she does still have fits of rage but because I don't like that I'm wrong on a certain point I will just say that "it's different"

>Funny you should say that on 4chan, the place where bronies act like assholes 24/7. Guess it's not as much of a norm for them.
If you think people on 4chan act like assholes I suggest you step out of whatever snowflake hugbox you live in and into the real work friendo. I'm not fully sure what you're trying to imply with that statement either but it sounds dangerously close to 'stop hurting my feefees geis', and the only time when I see people being overtly hostile is when someone's acting especially retarded anyhow.
>>
>>30220962
Not him, but: Power Ponies. Her whole superpower was hulking out in anger. Mind you, she was doing it for a more noble reason than the basic frustration of TBNE, but it still happened.
>>
>>30221032
>I admit she does still have fits of rage but because I don't like that I'm wrong on a certain point I will just say that "it's different"
Screaming and having autistic fits of range are two different things entirely. Are you seriously suggesting that this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn1kjzqdGM and https://youtu.be/J3A8moy_6nY?t=3m52s are the same? Come to think of it, she doesn't even actually scream in the latter.
>If you think people on 4chan act like assholes I suggest you step out of whatever snowflake hugbox you live in and into the real work friendo. I'm not fully sure what you're trying to imply with that statement either but it sounds dangerously close to 'stop hurting my feefees geis', and the only time when I see people being overtly hostile is when someone's acting especially retarded anyhow.
Yeah, I suppose that's the reason 4chan has the reputation it has, because everybody in here is extremely nice and kind. Thanks for the keks.
>>
>>30221039
The entire episode was rather nonsensical, considering how she didn't care about any of her friends being in danger but sperged out from the butterfly. This was the sad instance of sacrificing character for comedy, but I'm glad they never did this particular thing again afterwards.
>>
>>30219695

Sisterhood Social

It's just perfect in every way. Best ponies are in it, the pacing is good, the comedy is good, and it even has a bit of feels.
>>
Three's a Crowd

Odd choice but it does have a little personal story
I first binged watch the show in summer 2014 and in october I did stop watching the episodes(I had finished them all by September but I made another rewatch in October)

I didnt watch anything for two months,I had a plushie,I discovered everything that this show had,I didnt need to go back to it

however,a weekend in December,I felt sick staying in bed and getting really bored...what first came to my mind from the show was that Season 4 was actually good to my eyes and one episode that I remembered greatly was Three's a Crowd

Discord is also ill in that ep so that could have influenced me on picking it
but anyway,I felt secure coming back to watch an ep from the show and that the exact same show that I pushed myself to binge back in the summer wasnt an illusion or meme

so yeah,1st ep I took seriously with an outsider eye after 2 months break,had a good laugh(Discord had a GOAT role on this one) and felt better after watching it

that.and Testing Testing 1,2,3
>>
>>30219695
It's About Time. Came on a few weeks after I caught up the first time, and I was hype as soon as I saw the promo; the opening was about the last thing I expected and so was the mention of Tartarus, the commercial-break cliffhangers were all great, and in general I think it was one of the better time travel episodes I've seen in a cartoon.
>>
>>30220587
Remember how angel acts in that episode? And he never gets punished for it.
It's straight up abusive.
>>
For 30 min episodes im gonna have to say my favorite episode is Magic Duel

The episode feels like it has some serious weight to it in terms of consiquences and the call backs to trixies charachter felt organic and not too forced. The mane six interaction was great and the ending was great with mane six beating real magic with stage magic, an inverse on boast busters. Love it.

As for 2 parters, cutie remark for many of the same reasons. I loved the call back of starlights character, and it just really worked for me.
>>
>>30221533
Fluttershy uses mind control on him at the end.
>>
>>30219695
I'd have to go with either A Friend In Deed or Scare Master.

A Friend in Deed is mostly because it has my favorite song in the whole series. I still listen to it when I'm feeling kind of bummed out for whatever reason.

As for Scare Master I like it because they could have easily made Fluttershy actually enjoy nightmare night but instead, despite the fact she was good at scaring her friends, she still wasn't a fan of it and her friends were cool with it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.