[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There was a time when this was the most controversial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

File: feelingpinkie.jpg (68KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
feelingpinkie.jpg
68KB, 1280x726px
>There was a time when this was the most controversial thing in the fandom
>>
>>30218800
Twilight looks so small here, she's grown a lot.
I miss all the science stuff from the early seasons, now Twilight is just a bumbling autist who doesn't even read books anymore
>>
>>30218807
like you
>>
>>30218800
I remember the days of triggered atheists bitching at the moral of this episode
>>
>>30218800
While I didn't agree with the moral, seeing Twilight doing actual science shit was pretty cool.
Too bad she's been swung off that path thanks to Hasb-....Celestia's meddling.
>>
I like unicorn Twilight better
>>
>>30218807
Agree!
She lost a lot of what made her personality unique.
Attaching wings and giving her a castle may increase her mass, but not her personality.
>>
For a second I thought that was a still from Double Rainboom
>>
>>30218800
oh yeah, that lasted one day, good job OP

>>30218807
Yeah, she's got some more span
>>
>>30218818

does it hurt knowing you can only stand up for your waifu when you're awake with internet access
>>
File: party time.jpg (104KB, 1581x827px) Image search: [Google]
party time.jpg
104KB, 1581x827px
>>30218807
>>30218971
ponylets btfo
>>
>>30218983
wonder if we'll ever see her with an alicorn grown body and flowing mane
shit I'm sure I'll cry
>>
>>30218981
oh hey sweetie you're the one who got mad in the draw thread and tried personal insults
>>
>>30218800
>there was a time when Twilicorn was the most controversial thing of the fandom

until EQG and a couple of years later,Glimmer happened...

shit man,FPK and MMDW or even The Last Roundup were nothing compared to this
>>
>>30218983
I'm not saying that Twilight isn't getting taller because she is, but that pic is probably not the best example since this scene Twilight is leaning forward overlooking Rainbow Dash who is leaning back and bending her hind legs which may be exaggerated due to animation technique.
>>
>>30218988
oh, honey, Twilight's with Brad now. You need to get over it.
>>
>>30219001
>Animation technique and other valid points.
Also... we should not forget that the animators at this point were hired to make 24 frames per second,.
to little girls they surely didn't believe would scrutinize their work with trigonometry and math.

They probably just copy/pasted/shifted and tried to do as well as they could before the greedy boss deadline hit them.
>>
>>30218895
>but not her personality.
Nigga, Twilight was extremely snarky, bordering on full on bitch-tier, in S1. That part of her has basically been entirely lost.
>>
>>30218820
I was incredibly mad and never watched it again. I almost stopped watching the show entirely in fact. I just watched a few Richard Dawkins pwning creatards and was willing to give the show another chance.
>>
>>30219069
Yes, see the start of the first zecora episode.
She was kinda bitchy back then. I'm sad we lost that part of her desu.
>>
>>30219069
This.

Thigh-light was the biggest know-it-all, was condescending towards everyone she talked to, believed she was right about everything, and she also came off as really autistic in public.

And now she's a completely different character.
>>
>>30219083
And now she's a bigger anxious apologizing shy idiot than Fluttershy was in season 1.
Which is weird because as a princess and a leader she is suppose to be a snarky know it all bitch that tells idiots like Flutters and Pinkie to shut up and make sure they know they're idiots and need to bow down to the intellectuals.

Now instead we have Fluttershy turned into a snarky confident bitch who insults everyone. The problem is that Fluttershy is an uneducated idiot without smarts and charm that would make her snarky attitude tolerable or endearing.

Like seeing a skinny manlet acting like hot shit. You feel obligated to remind him he's shit.
Oh or a rugby or football player pretending he's Einstein, really sparks your hatred enough to hire some thugs to beat him up.
>>
File: 1420015291585.gif (1MB, 405x384px) Image search: [Google]
1420015291585.gif
1MB, 405x384px
>>30219075
There's also the fact that the pones just acted less and less like pones as time went on.
The ear twitching was severely reduced, instead of stomping on the ground to clap they just clap normally, isn't of shimmying into their clothes they always just use magic now, and the Zecora episode is a good example with how Twilight just outright bumped heads with Zecora like they were goats fighting for dominance.
>>
>>30219114
Perhaps Twilight's IQ has risen to the sweet spot where all she feels is crippling self-doubt. Soon she will reemerge like a beautiful butterfly.
>>
>>30219069
>Nigga, Twilight was extremely snarky, bordering on full on bitch-tier
Did I say she wasn't? (u=eslfag4ever)
>>
>>30219127
Even if that were the case, she wont.
>>
Boy I sure do hope no dumb hasdrones decide to post in this nice thread at around this time.
>>
>>30219069
>>30219075
>character stopped acting like a bitch
>as if it's a bad thing
Really makes you think about the true nature of ponyfaggots.
>>
>>30218807
>now Twilight is just a bumbling autist who doesn't even read books anymore
Except she constantly does?
>>
>>30220618
You seriously prefer current Twilight who never shuts up about the joys of friendship to old "I really wish I wasn't here right now" Twilight?
>>
>>30220618
>acting like a bitch is a bad thing
Let me guess, in your perfect world everyone stays in line and everyone's the same right?
>>
>>30220643
>show is called friendship is magic
>he somehow expected the protag to remain the jerk for the entirety of it and not initially become a better person
Are you one of the same people who disregard any emphasis the show puts on anything and make insane headcanons like 'Celestia set up Luna' or 'the show is not in chronological order'?
>>30220650
Acting like an asshole might be natural part of our nature, but it doesn't mean it's a good thing. Crime is a natural part of any society too, but I doubt you'd make any excuses for it if you were robbed.
>>
>>30220643
>a character who is set on learning about the magic friendship learns about it and starts appreciating it.
Wow, what an unexpected turn of event.
>I really wish I wasn't here right now
That stopped being true even before S3.
>>
>>30220707
No you don't get it.
She wasn't an asshole, she was colorful.
We're not talking about her wanting to kill and rob people, we're talking about her making snarky remarks to her friends and being pessimist from time to time
If you can't make that difference that means you're too autistic to be here.
Or on the internet, at all.
>>
>>30220707
No, I just want a snarky straight man character to make comments towards all the dumb shit happening around her.
>>
>>30218983
Last episode and twilight stands infront of 5 statues of her best friends with a grown spike behind her

that's when im going to lose it
>>
>>30220752
was ment for >>30218987
>>
>>30220752
>>
>>30220752
Yeah, good thing it won't happen anywhere else than in our minds
Fuck that would be grim as hell
>>
>>30220722
>make an analogy with some extreme thing so that people understand my point better
>LOL WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT EXTREME THING WE WEREN'T TALKING ABOUT????
>We're not talking about her wanting to kill and rob people,
If you can't into abstract thinking, it's you who might be too autistic for any sort of discussion at all.

>we're talking about her making snarky remarks to her friends and being pessimist from time to time
and
>>30220728
>No, I just want a snarky straight man character to make comments towards all the dumb shit happening around her.

Her growing from a bitchy snarky introversial TvTropes autist into a nicer person who tolerates the weird things in others and generally tries to communicate more is natural character progression.
I think it's demonstrated pretty good in the last Christmas special. In the first two-parter, she didn't like it when Pinkie started to sing, but in S6E8, when telling the story to Starlight, she even imitated Pinkie's voice and singing, showing how much her approach has changed.
>>
Speaking about classic Twilight and current Twi has me reflecting on her mentor. Do you think the Celestia of yore would be unrecognizable to us at certain points in her long life?
>>
File: 871763.png (1MB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
871763.png
1MB, 1300x1000px
>>30218987
>>30220752
This should be the ending. Twilight started the journey alone and ends it alone. Her friends, Starlight, it didn't really matter after all. They came and went, leaving their imprint in the history of Equestria and it's up to Twilight to remember their lessons and carry their friendships. Preserve and cherish them and gift it to the world even after they are all long gone. This is her ultimate lesson. This is what it means to be the princess of friendship.
>>
>>30220813
I get it's a natural progression for her, but it's also a very boring change that made her go from having a personality to just being a walking motivational speech, now the most we get are Spike and Glimmer occasionally giving out the snarky comment and eye roll.
>>
>>30220781
>Princess Twilight? Why did you call me Pinkie? I'm Anal Destroyer.
>>
>>30220845
It won't end like that because it just won't end, even though that's a terrible ending on its own.

Hasbro won't let it.
>>
>>30220813
Could you please use a tripcode so I can filter your ass?
Anonymity in this shithole should be a fucking privilege.
>>
File: eyes without a face.gif (134KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
eyes without a face.gif
134KB, 568x320px
>>30220847
not everybody watched the snow for the snarky comments anon
>>
>>30220845
But should =/= will tho
If you want the real ending you'll have to git gud and write it yourself, because it the last two parter of season 12 won't be the real ending.
>>
>>30220875
No, they watch it for fun and likable characters, neither of which the primary protagonist is these days.
>>
File: ever.png (148KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ever.png
148KB, 600x600px
>>30220881
>Only 12.
>>
>>30220885
If dunno if you noticed, but the show doesn't have a primary protagonist since S5.
>>
>>30220894
Nah, they'll have to stop one day Anon
G5 will instantly replace it tho, so all is good
>>
>>30220903
Twilight is still one of the main characters of the show, standing front and center in all the openings, and she's boring (that part you still haven't said anything about).
>>
>>30220894
This meme needs to be updated with the new logo.
>>
>>30220845
MMC should have been the end of the show, anon.

That way we can just easily write it off as non-canon
>>
>>30218800
There was a time where I was yelling that Twilight should stop tolerating pink autism and just transform her into a frog so she finally shuts up.

Now I'm yelling for her to stop bowing down to everyone when she's a princess and to stop being so weak and nimble with the confrontations.

She's not the same character who felt her intelligence insulted when Spike used ketchup for blood(pathetically trying to blame the owl) and told him she's very dissapointed in him, but in an angry and scorned way.
>>
>>30220847
The progression is there but it is handled very poorly. Twilight is misused, if used at all now. I personally would find it strange if Twilight was always sarcastic and acted like a smartass constantly, there is only so much of this you can do until she fits enough in the world and warms up to most things she didn't understand just starting out. There is only so much you can make her react to in a sceptical way before she gets used to it and accepts it.

The problem here is that properly executing this would require the writing to be much tighter than it actually is now. I have no problem with Twilight changing but sometimes it's like she isn't there at all, she's like a plot device that exhibits no character traits at all because the plot doesn't really require her to act like an actual character. When she does act properly you can see she's still her, it's just overshadowed by token appearances that add absolutely nothing to her development.
>>
>>30220918
I said everything I needed to >>30220875. "Boring" is a subjective evaluation and arguing it is pointless. You had this certain thing you wanted from the show, someone else had something else, what's there to say?
>>
>>30220961
If this was season 5 or even 2 then Twilight would have been written dumb enough to believe Spike's pathetic attempt at murder in Owl's That Ends Well.
>>
>>30220999
Uhh, no? What made you jump to that conclusion at all?
>>
>>30220961
Twilight getting angry in that episode really impressed me, the BGM and Tara's acting was so great I really felt it.
>>
>>30220961
I'm legitimately amazed that people like you are here at all.
Did you watch the show to clop or something? Because you seems like a typical /pol/ anon who for some reason watches the show about tolerance but expects it not to be tolerant. Why don't you go watch Family Guy or something? What are you even doing here?
>>
>>30221024
>Because you seems like a typical /pol/ anon
Elaborate
>>
>>30220999

>>30220999
Then like the hypocrite the director/creative vision of today is.
He would have said that Twilight was just pretending to be retarded to teach Spike a lesson.
Spike would be hung over killing an inanimate object.
Finally after giving him a taste of his own medicine (just like mmdw and the zombie pranks Dash episode) Twilight herself would give some really hypocritical moral about not lying after everything that happened.

All because it's somehow funny to make your characters dramatically roleplay over reasons only the mentally insane would be hung over. Then pretending this is normal because "cartoon".
>>
>>30221036
/pol/ seems to come here occasionally and spread its xenophobiac nature across the board via shitposting, of course
>>
>>30221115
>/pol/ seems to come here occasionally and spread its xenophobiac nature across the board via shitposting
And what part of this post
>>30220961 did that come up?
>>
>>30221036
He got called a communist numerous times for his retarded baits and now he blames /pol/ instead of himself for shitposting ponychan-tier garbage. He's still stuck in the "love and tolerate every psychopath" craze.
>>
>>30221125
>should stop tolerating pink autism and just transform her into a frog so she finally shuts up
>>
>>30221138
>He
Wut? Who are you even talking about?
>>
>>30221139
>that implies /pol/
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30221187
Why would a non-/pol/ack expect something like this which will clearly never happen is beyond me
>>
>>30221207
Was that even a coherent sentence?
>Why wouuld a non-/pol/ack expect something like this which will clearly never happen is beyond
What are you talking about?
>>
>>30221115
>Not remembering /mlpol/

pleb
>>
>>30218800
Wait why was there controversy?
>>
>>30221385
Rule of thumb with Lauren Faust, whenever she looks back on something and expresses her distaste towards it, the whole world turns against it and calls it one of the worst things ever.
>>
>>30221385
Atheists read a bit too much into the moral. Keep in mind the demographics of the fandom at the time.
>>
>>30218800
well, no shit. willingly watching a show for little girls bordered on heresy back then.
>>
File: lol butthurt.jpg (115KB, 658x578px) Image search: [Google]
lol butthurt.jpg
115KB, 658x578px
>>30221417
>The S1 fandom
Those were dark times
>>
>>30220843
I think so. A thousand years is a ridiculously long time, at least by human standards. Brains have limited capacity, and it's unimaginable to me how many memories a person that old would have forgotten by the time they were that ancient.

Celestia must have seen the world change quite drastically over the centuries. And she probably changed along with it.
>>
>>30220752
I feel this is relevant. Made me cry the first time I watched it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZDhMKk4tfg
>>
>>30221447
They still are.
>>
File: 1495249383138.png (429KB, 813x734px) Image search: [Google]
1495249383138.png
429KB, 813x734px
>>30221417
>Keep in mind the demographics of the fandom at the time

Yeah, now its filled with Orthodox Christians and Shia Muslims
>>
>>30221447
>Those were dark times
These days are far darker.
>>
File: 1355468828242.png (277KB, 900x867px) Image search: [Google]
1355468828242.png
277KB, 900x867px
>>30221447
>You will never relive the exile from /co/
>You will never /) on /co/ again
>You will never post "Mods are asleep post ponies" on /b/ again.
>>
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS
>>
File: WEINER.gif (1MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
WEINER.gif
1MB, 700x500px
>>30223977
>Anything can stop me from /)'ing on /co/
>>
>>30223977
woah there, can't relate to that last one. not really a common thing desu.
>>
>>30221224
WHY (would a polack expect something like
>transforming her into a frog so she finally shuts up
which will clearly never happen) is beyond me
Better?
>>
>>30221576
What a fucking simplistic, primitive and manipulative tearjerker.
>>
>>30224470
So you got triggered by the mention of frogs?
Okay
>>
File: 1428165220089.png (852KB, 900x613px) Image search: [Google]
1428165220089.png
852KB, 900x613px
this thread is making me sad.
>>
>>30224435
Is there even a purpose to /b/ anymore these days?
>>
File: 1496285886874.gif (2MB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
1496285886874.gif
2MB, 350x266px
>>30224777
At least we'll always have our tears to clean each other with. If only these hasdrones would even let us have that.
>>
>>30224942
They should combine /b/, /bant/, /trash/, and /s4s/ into a new board called /b/.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.