[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say that Changelings transformed because they suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why do people say that Changelings transformed because they suddenly realized that they no longer had to eat love? They transformed because they realized that GIVING love would mean they wouldn't feel like they were starving all the time. We don't even know if they still eat love but it doesn't really matter because it's about both giving it and eating it.
>>
>>30211589
Don't try to make sense where there's none. Changelings transformed because beauty equals goodness, by laws of fiction. You can't be good while looking evil. You won't find a satisfactory in-universe explanation.
>>
>>30211656
No, I'm not asking about that. I'm asking why people think Changelings transformed because they went "Oh, wait, we don't have to eat love?" when the show clearly showed that it was "Wait, we can SHARE love?"
>>
>>30211656
>Changelings transformed because beauty equals goodness
Then how come their new forms look like shit?

Honestly the old changeling design with shinier wings looks "prettier" than their new design.
>>
>>30211656
>i have no imagination
they went against their nature and it changed them.
>>
>>30211656
many villains have lots of beauty from the start and Thorax wasnt precisely on the dark side before transforming....also Discord didnt require a transformation either and I dont see threads about him being a top tier husbando

you could have said that Hasbro wanted more money by putting them those designs,milking every cent out of them and I would have found your argument a little more believable

surprising enough,I havent seen toys about the nu changelings yet
>>
>>30211589
Maybe it's that changelings are perfectly capable of producing their own love, it's just that they somehow forgot that and resorted to stealing other ponies' love instead of producing their own.
>>
File: 1431825187585.jpg (22KB, 260x255px) Image search: [Google]
1431825187585.jpg
22KB, 260x255px
>>30211589
Why is Rara scratching her neckbeard?
>>
>>30211818
Or Chrysalis tricked them. Regardless, sharing it was the factor here.
>>
>>30212085
Chrysalis lying to everyone is the tipping point of their redemption, so yeah.
>>
>>30211589
"Sharing love" is a stupid and incoherent resolution. Changelings don't have love, they FEED on the love of others to survive. The implication that a hive full of creatures that eat love can simply "share" love they generated from nowhere to defy their physiology, and that they've never done that before ever, is completely ridiculous.
>>30211818
>>30212085
>>30212339
That's such an asspull explanation. You basically have to turn Chrysalis into Emperor Palpatine, mind controlling every changeling to make them too stupid to share their love with each other.
>>30211656
Best explanation I've seen so far.
>>
>>30212763
Love is endless; you can give it forever and you will always have more love to give.

By giving love instead of taking it, changelings created an endless food source for each other.
>>
>>30212763
>Changelings don't have love

Thorax clearly did, and so did other Changelings.
>>
>>30213888
So they're self sufficient?
>>
>>30213888
>>30214794
I mean, if they want to say that, that's one way of looking at it.

But that means that you have to insist that no changeling in the history of their species has ever tried giving love to another, ever. Which seems to be a fundamentally bad assumption: In the course of history, natural competition rewards those who take every step to get ahead. The advantage of a self-sufficient hive, especially as it allows workings of magic on a massive scale, is obvious and immediate. Even if Changelings opted to retain their political and social independence from other species, even if they opted to retain their aggression, the advantage of being able to produce an ever-increasing loop of self-feeding love is clear.

Plus, it wrote out any remote chance of them having a meaningful story going forward. "Oh hey, look, all our problems that define our archetype are instantly solved."
>>
>>30211669
changelings always shared love you nigger, why do you think they have babies and have changelings who can do something like live in a giant hive with no fucking poners in it.
>>
>>30213888
>love is endless
LOVE IS NOT ENDLESS YOU NIGGER
if love was endless they could get INFINITE MAGIC out of ONE GOD DAMN PONY IN A POD
>>
>>30216339
Breeding isn't love.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.