[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's almost been two years since this episode and yet there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

It's almost been two years since this episode and yet there have only been a couple tiny fanfics inspired by it. When the fandom started any stupid idea would get hundreds of fanfics and songs, nowadays it's a lucky day if a episode produces any fics. What happened?
>>
>>30195080
People moved on to bigger things
>>
>>30195102
Like FNAF and Undertale?
>>
>>30195114
yes, but they also moved from those already
>>
>>30195114

>why do fandom profiteets move on once a fandom begins to die?

Because they are in it for the money.
>>
>>30195080
Honestly, the problem was that a ton of those sorts of Alternate Universe ideas were played out years ago. The "what if Sombra war" or "what if Nightmare won" stories have been rolling on from practically the moment those characters appeared (admittedly Sombra somewhat less so, as he, uh... his character hasn't been treated well).

It's little mistake in my mind that the one universe that has provoked the most speculation and theorying is the one we haven't seen before - the wastelands reality.

And, of course, it's also undeniable that people have moved on. So what you're left with is a smaller pool of writers and those who are around aren't going to be focused on stuff that was spent already.
>>
>>30195291
or, are in it for the relevancy.

Which mlp has lost with it's piss poor writing and sad characters.
>>
>>30195314
Hello Greg
>>
File: 20160329_200340000_iOS.png (227KB, 945x845px) Image search: [Google]
20160329_200340000_iOS.png
227KB, 945x845px
The best aspect of the Crystal War is battle-hardened Rainbow Dash. I'd love to read more stories about her specifically.

Anything about PTSD or her difficulty finding purpose in peacetime is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>30195332
I wish I was Greg, so I can move on from this shithole and this fandom.

But, I guess I love reminding you how wrong you are.
>>
>>30195336
>Edgy and not well done to the point where it's existence was unnecessary.

>Created as something for "OMG BRONIES WILL EAT THIS SHIT UP", garbage.

Anon, please get a better taste.
>>
>>30195346
Now you've devolved from Greg to Quibble Pants
>>
>>30195336
Oh, also stories of becoming jaded that her sacrifices aren't being appreciated after the war.
>>
>>30195309
>a ton of those sorts of Alternate Universe ideas were played out years ago
Name one Equestria War fic that isn't some kind of FOE spin off.
>>
>>30195114
And Overwatch, SU, and Star Vs.
>>
File: 12657709902237.jpg (145KB, 634x518px) Image search: [Google]
12657709902237.jpg
145KB, 634x518px
Reminder that the early days of the fandom is never coming back. We are just chasing the dragon at this point.

There was the golden era, where I just got into the show, this ended with 'magical mystery cure' because I really hate that episode, with Celestia looking out rite tyrannical out of pure incompetence of the writers/directors. It took a bite of the magic for me. It wasn't Twilicorn or Equestria girls that did it for me, it was Celestia.

None-the-less, I kept watching and the show stayed good and in many ways improved, but the 'young energy' of the fandom was slowly fading away.
>>
>>30195362
Shut up Jimbo
>>
>>30195336
The best aspect of the Crystal War is the rationing and mobilization. It really gives you a sense of how desperate total war feels and you know it's going to leave imprints on Equestria's culture for decades to come. It would be interesting to see how the Veteran Generation clashes with the Generations that come after them.
>>
File: Comic_issue_37_Normal_Sombra.png (756KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_issue_37_Normal_Sombra.png
756KB, 550x640px
>>30195080
King sombra is a big guy
>>
>>30195467
>Celestia looking out rite tyrannical out of pure incompetence
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>30195467
>this ended with 'magical mystery cure' because I really hate that episod

Glad someone besides me does.
>>
>>30195467
the show hasn't improved you dolt, it has only gotten way worse.

Anyone ever tell you about the slippery slope? It's only gonna go even more downhill from here.
>>
>>30195512
Most people that hate it already left.
Like he said we are just chasing the dragonlord.
>>
>>30195522
>>30195467

>Dragonlord

elaborate
>>
>>30195546
It was supposed to have lord spoilered as a minor pun but dunno why it failed
dragonlord.
>>
>>30195336
Don't forget the moon dash
>>
I'd like to see Sombra's army vs Fallout Equestria fic.
>>
>>30195522
>>30195512
What makes Twilicorn so bad is that the show is Friendship is Magic. Twilight's greatest accomplishments have only happened because of her friends but for some reason she's the one who gets turned into a Princess while her friends get shit and have to bow to her.

Admittedly part of the problem is that the show treats the mane six like they're chopped liver even though they've saved Equestria dozens of times. Pop Stars and Fashion Designers should be begging for the chance to meet with Applejack but instead she's treated like a random country bumpkin, when the Mane Six travel to a Manehattan or Canterlot they should be treated like celebrities but apparently you only matter if you're princess or Spike in the Crystal Empire.
>>
File: 1443555.png (452KB, 1361x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1443555.png
452KB, 1361x1225px
>>30195519
Slippery slope is a logical fallacy, anon.
>>
>>30195626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmQXIeVpN8
When women literally ruin everything
>>
>>30195591
Honestly I wasn't really taken by any other timeline but the war timeline.

The Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon timelines just didn't seem to have a lot of interesting aspects.

The Chrysalis timeline deals with the downfall of society but I'm not sure if there's story potential in a grassroots, scrapped-together rebellion movement.

The Nightmare Moon timeline is too sterile. She already won in that one, there isn't much to expand on. All you're really getting is "Nightmare Moon is in charge" from that one.

I find the Crystal War timeline fascinating because, at least relatively speaking, both forces on are on equal ground. They're tearing up their societies to fight this war but it's in mostly at a stalemate at the time Twilight turns up. There isn't a clear winner yet like in the other two timelines.
>>
File: image.png (382KB, 890x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
382KB, 890x640px
>>30195626
>When you realize Spike is more popular in-show than the mane 6
>>
File: 1481302345737s.jpg (5KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481302345737s.jpg
5KB, 215x250px
>>30195503
Look at magical mystery cure and the previous episode about reforming discord.

>Celestia gives the elements of harmony to Twilight for "safe keeping".
>Celestia then sends Twilight a magic spell that "happens" to react with the elements of harmony that messes up Twilight's friends.
>Twilight fixes the problem, but by doing so completes Starswirl's spell and alicornifies Twilight, who is immediately made a Princess by Celestia instantly.

The analysis I got from the thing was fucking sickening. It looks to me like Celestia outrite manipulated Twilight into being an Alicorn Princess via messing with her friends and making Twilight think she was the one responsible, all of whitch was topped of with a 'it was your destiny" line that really underscores the fact that Twilight was never asked, in any way, just made into a Princess.

The creators intended, I believe, to imply this was Twilight's doing and it just happened to her, and she deserves her wings and title by her own actions. But the way it happened just made Celestia look like a huge manipulator and Twilight a puppet of Celestia's machinations. It felt to me like the Creators made Tyrantlestia canon.

I called them incompetent, because that was never intended, they just sucked at writing. It was an episode of the same caliber as 'mysterious Mare do well' in messed up morals from bad writing, but it was a season ending episode that resulted in the biggest change in the show, Twilicorn. It was a big fucking deal and I was pissed more than I have ever been pissed at fiction that I follow.
>>
>>30195597
Fallout Equestria is shit and only popular because it was made in 2011, like My Little Dashie.
>>
>>30195648
You make a fair point although, wouldn't it be interesting to know the story of how things got as bad as a they did. Especially with the flim and flam one, the show leaves you wondering how they managed to pull a lorax on equestria as con men.
>>
>>30195546

Chasing the Dragon is a saying, from what I have heard, refers to heroin and the first time its pure bliss, but every-time after that its not as good. So people 'chasing the dragon' are people trying to recapture that first high by doing more and more, but never getting there.

Luckily I don't do that kind of shit.
>>
>>30195660
Larson commented that his script was mercilessly raped by suits.
This is what happens when you let suits write a fucking show.
>>
>>30195080
Because as the show goes on and continuity becomes tighter, the ability to come up with an original, enticing sequel story of any kind to even the most notorious episodes becomes more difficult to take seriously. If the modern day brony sees you, they espect you to follow everything in the show by the book, not some unofficial headcanon you think up to repress your negative feelings towards various plotholes and loose threads the show flings out every year.
>>
>>30195692
They basically took a two-parter and turned it into a 30-minute episode that was then further bogged down by cramming it with singing.

It's the most narratively unsound episode of the series and thus it's absolute shit. Twilight's ascension is just a shitty cherry on top.
>>
>>30195660
Celestia has been manipulating Twilight from episode 1. You really should've stopped watching then if you get triggered by "tyrants".
Also either Celestia knew what she was doing, in which case she was competent, or she didn't in which case she's incompetent and you're misinterpreting the story. You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>30195725

I was calling the creators incompetent, not Celestia. And Celestia being manipulative before this episode was ambiguous and nowhere near as reputation damaging as this episode was.

The episode started a shift, where instead of expecting magic every new episode, I was wondering 'will this one be good or bad episode'? Because now there was a precedent set for an episode being 100% awful, that didn't exist before MMC.
>>
>>30195746
>improving your student's station in life is more reputation damaging than manipulating her into a fight that could kill her
>>
File: 1481607549956.gif (523KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1481607549956.gif
523KB, 500x312px
>>30195802

Its not like Celestia had any choice there, Nightmare Moon was coming back not because Celestia wanted her to.

Although, with Magical Mystery Cure, it might be possible that Celestia let Nightmare moon go herself, to get Twilight to defeat her and bring both Twilight AND Luna under her control. If I don't ignore MMC obviously borked characterization of Celestia, than that would totally be an in-character for Celestia to do.
>>
>>30195884
So how does Celestial Advice play into this then?
>>
>>30195692

Source?
>>
>>30195926

I'm behind in the episodes. Haven't seen that one yet.
>>
>>30195314
you're 100% right. everyone left on the board is a glorified redditor and anyone who thinks the show is watchable is either delusional or extremely lacking in the smarts category
>>
>>30195933
How the hell do I search in twitter for @M_A Larson and hashtag #MMC?
>>
Better yet, I found a YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g

Wow, I liked MA Larsons version a lot more than what we got.
>>
>>30195383
Off the top of my head, without even looking stuff up:
>The Line - absolute favorite here, by the way. Uses the war as a framing device to tell a good story, not just "HEY LOOK PONIES BEING VIOLENT!"
>Total War: Equestria - same as the above, albeit to a lesser degree
>Equestria Divided
>Into Darkness We Ride - bonus points here for being a Sombra-war AU long before the S5 finale
>The Immortal Game
>Upheaval: Breaking Point
>A Song of Storms
>a couple of askblogs from back when tumblrpone wasn't a shithole
Are all of them totally unflawed works of wonder? Of course not. But the idea is nothing new; the reason we used to jump all over everything in this fandom is that it was presenting new ideas to be explored and theoried over. Ultimately the S5 finale didn't give us anything that we haven't discussed to death already.
>>
>>30195114
More like Star vs and SU. Also many people get hyped for Villanious nowaday.

MLP is just isn't that goo anymore. It has no creative mind behind it nor doesn't know how to wrap up things or make anything interesting.
>>
File: image.gif (417KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
417KB, 200x150px
>>30195114
FNAF just kind of exists now and Undertale is slowing down, thankfully. The smaller the fandom the more quality content, at least that's how I see it. If it's bigger then it's more open to autism.
>>
>>30195080
neofags don't watch the show.
>>
>>30195080
>What happened?
1. The Episode was shit.
2. The fandom was a shell of what it was compared to when we first got the Crystal Empire and Sombra.
This basically set it up to be forgotten asquickly as it appeared.
>>
>>30198616
RIP patache
>>
>>30198639
Undertale is close to turning two AND it basically won't ever have a sequel.

How are those fags just NOW slowing down?

I mean it has a general in /vg/ when it has zero right to.
>>
>>30195114
>>30198639
>>30201000
Both are Cancer.
>>
>>30195802
>improving your student's station in life is more reputation damaging than manipulating her into a fight that could kill her

She sorta did that with Tirek.
Giving her all the most powerful magic of their state in one vessel while Discord was on the enemy's side? It was only a matter of time before Tirek would learn and come after her guns blazing.

She even told Twilight to keep her friends out of this "because this was too dangerous", despite them having faced Nightmare and Discord together side by side before.
>>
>>30195926
>Mfw people are still pushing the CELESTIA'S A TYRANT/MANIPULATING TWILIGHT shit even after S7 blew it right out the water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuCZOhuDA5A
>>
>>30195660
>reddit spacing
>saving thumbnails
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.