[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the word "mare" ever appear in canon? Outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: But why.png (220KB, 987x809px) Image search: [Google]
But why.png
220KB, 987x809px
Does the word "mare" ever appear in canon?
Outside of names like MMDW and Mayor Mare. Are the mane 6 ever called Mares?

We usually call the mane 6 mares, but im sure fillies appears more often.
>>
File: y4wp-1432526428-160492-full.jpg (231KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
y4wp-1432526428-160492-full.jpg
231KB, 1300x900px
It does in my fanfiction, which is basically canon anyway
>>
>>30193476
The Mane Six's age is left ambiguous. They're never outright called fillies or mares.
>>
>>30193476
Celestia call them "©My Little Ponies™" all the time
>>
>>30193521
>They all live on their own and run businesses and have jobs
>Their age is left ambiguous

I suppose technically yes, in the sense that the actual number is never started, but they're clearly adults. They're teens in EqG because of the difference in maturity between humans and ponies. If you buy into the comparisons between real equines and cartoon ones, then it only takes a few years for them to grow to adulthood.
>>
>>30193476
Friendship is Magic Pt. 1: In the opening sequence, NMM is called "a wicked mare of darkness"
Ticket Master: Rarity calls herself "a mysterious mare"
Sweet and Elite: "every mare in Canterlot" will want Rarity's dress
Hearts and Hooves Day: "Miss Cheerilee is one of the best mares in Ponyville"
Canterlot Wedding: "best mare", "mares and gentlecolts", "I now pronounce you mare and colt"
Magic Duel: Twilight says she can "turn a mare into a stallion" and proceeds to show AJ "turned" into a stallion

etc. etc.
>>
File: Happyfeels.png (13KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
Happyfeels.png
13KB, 250x299px
>>30193688
this comforts me. I just like the word "mare"
>>
>>30193700
I'm searching through all the transcripts, and unfortunately the word "mare" isn't really used outside of names and puns after the first couple seasons.
>>
>>30193765
they gave up making the characters "horsey" after S2.

no more horse noises or saddles and stuff.
>>
>>30193476
>Forgetting the case of the mysterious mare do well
>>
>>30193521
I thought they were all teenagers with Fluttershy being older than rainbow dash and etc... Plus EG implies that they are teens.
>>
>>30193915
I said MMDW
>>
>>30193931
oh sorry
>>
>>30193928
EQG is horseshit though. they were teens in that just to sell dolls.
In the show they are grown ups.
>>
>>30193983
Rainbow dash had to 21'st birthday in one of the earlier seasons if I remember correctly. In that one where cheese sandwich was introduced.
>>
>>30194026
that wasn't her 21st. just a headcanon based on the way the animator put the candles. and they were only the ones on the front.
>>
>>30194045
Fair point, but unless producers clarify for sure, it's a 50/50 thing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.