[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the lowest point the show has went to? or are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

Is this the lowest point the show has went to? or are there worse things?
>>
In before Glimmer
>>
>>30191071
You mean lowest as in emotionally wrenching right?
Because that episode's hands down one of the best in the series. Felt like it belonged in S1.
>>
File: 101476.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
101476.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>30191097
You belong in the >>>/trash/.
The amount of bullshit this autist here can tell is retarded.
>>
>>30191111
I'm the smug mouse that always wins right?
I'd give a more substantial answer but don't understand the sentence.
>>
>>30191071
Well, there was this episode where the Royal Sisters become utterly stupid for some reason and argue like little girls. And then the map, which was connected to the Tree, which was connected to the Elements, instead of sending one of the regular ponies to help them, decides to send a new character because apparently none of the other ponies that have been helping everyone could help the sisters. It's funny because the episode even tries to convince us that the fucking Princess of Friendship is completely clueless and she would be completely unable to help anyone. Uh huh. Anyways, then the aforementioned character does the same thing she's been doing since he was introduced as a villain, and forces her magic onto others to get what she wants. It was bad when she did it as a villain, but now the map sends her to do exactly that, so now it's suddenly OK, and we're supposed to believe that lacking empathy, doing what you want, and not giving a flying fuck about anyone else is a fantastic way to spread friendship. And the episode essentially ends telling us that the pony who has been studying friendship since the very beginning of the show doesn't know shit about friendship, and literally everyone else is better than her.

So, yeah, I think THAT is the lowest point of the show right now. But don't worry, we can get way lower.
>>
File: This is shit.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This is shit.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>30191097
Is this the most uneducated opinion this fandom can produce?
>>
>>30191137
Have I seriously missed out on some ebin bawd meem here? It was great. I'd have assumed that was common consensus.
>>
>>30191140
I'd have assumed you'd have the common sense to shut up when somebody calls you out.
But apparently you need physical violence to get somebody to shut up over the internet.
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>30191111
>>30191137
>the people shitting on mulp dont even have pone images
really activates your almonds.
>>
>>30191071
Well there were many, and for some reason just like the new nuPPG they find new ways to kill my neurons even more.
There was Lesson Zero+It's About Time which was basically the same exact episode. In the time travel episode they reused an entire clip of animation without any modifications.

Then came the season 2 finale. Then season 3's premiere and finale.
I thought that the introduction of Shining Armor as Twilight's brother bothered me the most because of that retarded song. Vogel tries to sell Twilight's lover for "her brother" in a way that you can tell he's a faking arrogant autistic retard. The song is made to be depressing, sappy, dramatic ,shallow and overly fake and way up its own ass. He expects me to believe the intelligent leader-type main character becomes clingy and awkward like she's jealous over the pink princess stealing her non-existent brother, when in reality siblings don't give a fuck what happens to other siblings.
The fact he made what looked like DJ Pony's brother into a relative of the main character and he thought this wasn't going to piss off everyone, tells me what a sociopathic asshole he is. Not to mention without real siblings if he thinks that being part of the family automatically means love, when most families hate the shit out of eachother.

Then in that season 3 premiere they come up with something that doesn't even make sense by itself.
Celestia suggests Twilight she should try to do this alone(an obviously shoe-horned in illogical idea). So logically Twilight should not bring her friends along like she did in season 1. What do they do? Twi still brings her friends along on the trip. Because the cartoon show is about all 6 of them. Oh and they bring in Spike too because apparently this idiotic executive didn't understand the reason why Spike was left behind to sleep in the season 1 premiere.

The lowest point for me was when Celestia/Vogel backs down on his idea "I lied, you're allowed to bring friends" and...
>>
File: IMG_4439.gif (742KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4439.gif
742KB, 352x240px
>>30191097
>An episode which was practically an endgame for Twilight's journey
>Belongs in S1
>>
File: Spike_stained_glass_window_S3E2.png (746KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_stained_glass_window_S3E2.png
746KB, 1280x720px
>>30191172
and we end up with this garbage where Spike saves the day instead of Twilight.

I mean we don't even allow any of the 5 other characters to be in the spotlight because we would break the tradition and focus on who's the leader here and doing that kills the idea of a main character.
But they allow a secondary character on the level of Angel the pet bunny to get his own stained glass window as if he was the main character and focus of the show.

It feels like somebody who read too much TV Tropes made this decision. It's irresponsible to avert or destroy a cliche without knowing why it was there in the first place.
>>
>>30191153
>>30191183
>>>/b/read
Who let the faggots out of their containment general again? Those idiots which got us all banned because they used pony picture as avatars for their chat room on /b/ without actually discussing the cartoon show or any cartoon at all.
>>
File: Crystal_statue_of_Spike_S4E25.png (501KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_statue_of_Spike_S4E25.png
501KB, 1280x720px
>>30191186
Years later the stubborn executive still insists on his garbage decision which feels like he's either insulting everyone working on the show or joking around like an asshole. Just like he did with the Starswirl "the bearded" joke.
>>
File: Ghost Rider lore.jpg (117KB, 574x866px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider lore.jpg
117KB, 574x866px
>>30191135
>decides to send a new character because apparently none of the other ponies that have been helping everyone could help the sisters.
My IRL ponybro had an epiphany about this last night. Twilight's the only princess who's responsibilities are shared equally by others, because they're her FRIENDS and she's the princess of FRIENDSHIP. The Elements provided an initial foundation, sure, but now the map's been around long enough that it can recognize other close friends of Twilight as potentially useful too.
It's a catch 22 of course, since the only other friend as close to Twilight as the Element bearers doesn't even have a QT Mark. But food for thought nonetheless.
>>
>>30191183
I meant in terms of tone & quality, not necessarily narrative.
>>
File: bamboozled-nigger.jpg (14KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
bamboozled-nigger.jpg
14KB, 431x431px
>>30191071
>best S4 episode
>somehow bad
>>
>>30191207
Image reaction using retards in the double digit IQ zone should be gassed.
They bring nothing but shitposting to the table.
>>
>>30191211
You wouldn't know anything about that, I'm sure.
>>
>>30191097
Season 1 was way too saccharine to feel right with an episode where a character breaks down in tears because they think their friend hates them.
>>
>>30191148
You gonna shitpost all day or actually posit a point?
>>
>>30191212
>>30191224
(Banned.)
>>
>>30191215
S1 was perfect with episodes like Party of One. S2-S7 do nothing but exaggerate on the drama. After nuMoondancer's whiny hissy fit, she should have gotten her ass whipped by a belt to keep things believable.
>>
>>30191231
You remind me of a guy on early /asp/ who'd respond to every attempt at reasoned discussion with CALM DOWN KID and threatened having a heart attack.
We done? I think we done.
>>
>>30191235
Get back in your General.
>>
>>30191235
>she should have gotten her ass whipped by a belt

Go on...
>>
>>30191198
The map sending different ponies to solve friendship problems is OK. But sending that specific pony to solve that specific problem is just bullshit. Glimmer could have helped someone like Maud, no one understands Maud (not even her sister, which is something that doesn't makes me particularly happy), Glimmer could relate better than any other pony, friendship problem solved.

But the map sends Glimmer to solve a problem where two ponies can't get into each other's shoes. Neither can Glimmer, she can't help them. She has never tried to understand other ponies. She keeps on forcing her magic onto other ponies, she never thinks "would I like it if someone else did this to me?" Never. But somehow, not only she "helps" the sisters, we're also supposed to believe that the Map thinks that forcing magic onto other ponies is the right thing to do, because it sent Glimmer to do exactly that. It's outrageous. It's beyond retarded. The episode literally says that Glimmer's biggest flaw isn't actually a flaw in-universe. She's perfect. For fuck's sake, it's absolutely stupid.

It's not even close to be my least favorite episode, it certainly has some great moments, and there are episodes that I'd rather forget before this one. But lore-wise, it's the worst episode so far. I don't know what they were thinking.
>>
>>30191280
>I don't know what they were thinking.
"Gee wiz how can we shill our pink OC this week?"
>>
>>30191280
If you were the map, who would you've sent instead?
>>
>>30191280
>But sending that specific pony to solve that specific problem is just bullshit.
Hasn't this been the way of things since the map's inception tho?
Even before Starlight, I swear every map episode has gone out of its way to explain why these two specific poner personalities were needed to resolve the conflict.
>>
>>30191205
It was one of the last episodes original writers were involved, so I guess I kinda get your point.
I mean Amending Fences is one of the best episodes in the series I can agree, but it definitely belongs in S5 even in terms of tone & quality. It's not an episode that belongs in same season with episodes like Fall Weather Friends or Winter Wrap Up, even though they're all great episodes.
>>
>>30191195
I'm still in S2. Why is AJ so assblasted right here?
>>
>>30191183
The end game for Fluttershy is being impaled balls deep on Discord rod.
>>
>>30191280
>she never thinks "would I like it if someone else did this to me?" Never.
I believe the point was that a sit-down intervention wouldn't have been enough, as the episode itself demonstrated. The sisters needed that touch of literalism and Starlight's the only one forthwith & impulsive enough to consider such a thing. Twilight could pull off the spell too, but she's SO respectful and SO cautious that she wouldn't dare. Every appearance underlined how paranoid she was about the situation; she was appalled at the idea of confronting the sisters directly, nevermind the hyperventilating when shit went down.
>we're also supposed to believe that the Map thinks that forcing magic onto other ponies is the right thing to do, because it sent Glimmer to do exactly that. It's outrageous. It's beyond retarded. The episode literally says that Glimmer's biggest flaw isn't actually a flaw in-universe. She's perfect. For fuck's sake, it's absolutely stupid.
I can understand that gripe at least. Not as bothered by the implications as I am, say, the changelings' redesign. But in my experience such niggles tend to get addressed & resolved in the long run so I'm optimistic.
>>
>>30191321

>>30191312
Can't recall any specifics. Might've just been a humility thing.
>>
>>30191294
Why, of course. The map always sends two ponies. Both ponies are partially right, but both fuck up at first. They learn something from each other, and then they find a solution together. In this episode Glimmer is alone, she fucks up, but since she can't learn from anyone else, the episode decides that her fuck up was actually the right thing to do. It's a really bad way to handle a map episode.
Imagine an episode where the map sends Rainbow Dash alone, she's a complete cunt, she learns nothing, and at the end being a cunt was the right thing to do. It's exactly the same.

>>30191291
Unironically, a kid. I shouldn't have done it a map episode though, map episodes usually focus too much in the ponies that the map sends, but something that would have worked nicely (for me) is something like, the Crusaders are visiting the Princesses with the Mane 6. They notice they're bickering. The Mane 6 don't want to say anything, but the Crusaders ask the Princesses something like "if you both think that each other's work is easier, why don't you switch for a day?"
Heck, even Glimmer could be there, the sisters could agree on letting her switch their cutie marks, Glimmer stays for the rest of the episode to watch that everything is OK, and almost everything would have been the same. Everything but the beginning. God, the beginning is so fucking stupid.

>>30191334
>such niggles tend to get addressed & resolved in the long run so I'm optimistic.
I'm mad at this because this episode pretty much crushed my optimism. I think that Glimmer's quirks were serious, but the show was pretty much ignoring them. Like, Every Little Thing She Does, she mindrapes her friends, no one gives a fuck, well, fine, we'll get to that someday, I guess. But now it's no longer a quirk, it's an asset. Glimmer doing whatever she wants and abusing her magic is what makes her worthy for the Tree of Harmony. I don't think this can be fixed, I think this clusterfuck was their attempt at addressing it.
>>
>>30191235
>>30191274
I mean normally after a child or a manchild has an angry 5 year old hissy fit, you take out your belt and whip his sorry ass till he has something to cry for.

Twilight giving into ShitGlimmer and NuMoondancer's garbage anger fits " BBut I wanted chocolateee waaahhh" and apologizing "ok ok sorry just shut the fuck up already". Just destroys her character more as a main leader and reinforces her as a pathetic wimp and a beta who can't even stand up for herself against a child.

What's worse is that Twilight isn't doing your typical "Fine whatever, just do what you want" she's doing "Oh I'm so sorry, please accept my condolences" in the most submissive and depressing manner you could think of. It's forced, it's fake, and it has V(o)gel written all over it.
>>
>>30191269
You remind me of an whiny self-entitled teenager in real life about "muh feels" pretending he was hurt and then immediately coming back with a snappy remark about how he "didndu nuthing, you're all insane and I'm right" just like an immature hypocritical little brat which I'd strangle to death till he learned to never bite back the hand that feeds him. The spreading fake rumours tactic is especially the icing on the cake.
>>
>>30191506
>Twilight giving into ShitGlimmer and NuMoondancer's garbage anger fits

What are you referring to about Glimmer?

She did accede to Flurry Heart being whiny but she blamed herself for that too.
>>
File: adj5mbQ_700b_v1.jpg (76KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
adj5mbQ_700b_v1.jpg
76KB, 700x807px
>>30191535
>What are you referring to about Glimmer?
The ending finale where she's fighting Glimmer to protect the world. She seemingly gives up and then accept her into her friend group.

Logically she should have been sent to jail/maximum security prison like any other villain.
Or she would have refused the hero's and ended up killing herself like every Batman villain or villain in history.

A much better decision for Twilight's leader type character would have been if she got serious and whipped the floor with her while preaching her morality onto the villain.

A second much better decision would be if Twilight lied about offering her sympathy and killed her/beaten her when Glimmer lowered her guard.

Ever since S1 stopped, Twilight has turned into the beta ecologist version of Aang which refused to kill the main villain (because the executives are hypocrites which allow the heroes to be struck dead by lightning and revived, but don't allow the villain the same violent deaths)
>>
>>30191097
Season 1 wasn't the best, but this episode is among the greatest there with Pinkie Pride and Mare Do Well Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>>
>>30191562
As much as I agree that Glimmer should have gotten punished, I can kind of see Twilight's logic for bringing her into the fold. She seemed to think that letting Glimmer continue on being a bitch would have just been problematic for someone of such great magical talent. So she extended the olive branch to try and give her a more positive reason to live and remove the risk of her being an x-factor with serious potential.

But it was smoothed over too easy, that I attest to.
>>
>>30191280
>Twilight is send on a mission designed for her
>She uses magic
>It's bad
>Glimmer is send on a mission designed for her
>She uses magic
>It's good
Fuck the new writers honestly.
>>
>>30191582
>he still gets bent out of shape about the show making bad decisions
>>
>>30191588
How else should I react?
>>
File: 3avatar_ampliacion.jpg (42KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
3avatar_ampliacion.jpg
42KB, 720x537px
>>30191578
The thing is that if it was a different, more lovable character then a past villain being redeemed wouldn't be so cringeworthy and fake to watch.

But both Sunset and Starlight are insufferable arrogant idiots who were being assholes for the sake of being assholes. Just like queen Chrysalis disguised as Cadence. Or Discord who was a natural idiot and a prick since Star Trek.
( I'd honestly smash a chair in John's head if he kept me waiting in line for some insipid sex joke about Discord's blue wing looking like a dick in some fanart piece.)

A good candidate for a villain redemption was suppose to be Princess Luna.
She at least had the decency of saying she's sorry and meaning it. Sunset, Starlight, etc. never gave a heartwarming apology.
(or Zuko from TLA).

For some reason the executives at Hasbro Studios forbid Lauren from doing these decent ideas correctly like the Celestia episode, but somehow they allow Vogel to do it.
Probably because the executives were Vogel's friends. But why not allow Faust to do her own version and let Vogel do his?

I find it mind-boggilingly unbelievable that rich people can be so petty and selfish in a multi billion dollar industry to the point they don't even allow professionals to do their job and instead they let their autistic entourage of friends in charge of something they're utterly shit at it.

I expect this shit out of power-hungry morons on the internet forums, not from people in charge of franchises in real life that appear on tv and happen outside the playground where millions of dollars are at stake. It's unrealistic.
>>30191582
Fuck Vogel, he's a natural born hypocrite with double standards.
>>
>>30191183

It would have made a satisfying S2 episode, plus there wouldn't have been all that time where Lyra is virtually ignored despite being a fillyhood friend. It's still an exceptional episode later on.
>>
>>30191684
S2-S7 are the same. There's practically no difference.
>>
>>30191762
I disagree, no season is as bad as season 4.
>>
>>30191071
>near perfect episode
>lowest point
I mean I like the show too but not all episodes where that great.
>>
>>30191838
I'm assuming you broke your hand recently and meant to hit 3 or even 6 because that's an especially silly thing to say.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.