[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should G5 be a continuation of G4 or a whole new continuity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 1387131.png (2MB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1387131.png
2MB, 1275x1650px
Should G5 be a continuation of G4 or a whole new continuity altogether?
>>
Twilight becomes new celestia, starlight new luna

CMC, DT, and SS become new mane 6 along with some new character we haven't seen yet
>>
>>30176649
no,
it should be an edgy 18+ gore fest where ponies fucking kill each other and fuck dead bodies and eat them. this is the true mlp, the one i grew up with. not your girly shit.
>>
>>30176649
>starlight new luna

kek
>>
>>30176637
Ideally, G5 would be a new continuity that's just as good as G4 was. Realistically, G4 is going to last until all but the most die hard bronies leave, then G5 is going to be a steaming pile of shit 'for girls' like every generation before 4.
>>
It should be a new continuity, it could make allusions and references to G4, but should be a different universe altogether. Here's an idea on how it could be:
>Set on Ponyland, where the three pony races live together but don't really tolerate each other.
>As a response to her terrible treatment on G4 and wasted potential, the protagonist would be Sunset Shimmer
>She would a different character, but still would have similar design to her G4 counterpart and her personality would be based on her pre-reformation G4 self, bitchy as hell, not as nasty but far from a good girl.
>She would also be an alicorn, and the only one of the setting, and the plot would be centered on her being considered a "chosen one" due to her unique condition, the one that would make the pony races stop fighting each other and unite.
>The expectation of being the savior would immensely annoy her, contributing to her bad attitude, "I don't owe shit to anyone".
>She would be "convinced" on going to an adventure to save whatever, accompanied by a representative of each tribe, expies of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Maud Pie.
>It would adventure centered, slice of life would be kept to a minimum
>No deus ex machinas (elements of harmony, rainbow power), no animal sidekicks (Spike), no kiddies corner (CMC) and no pink mary sues from out of nowhere (Candyass and Poochie)
>Although separate from G4 altogether, it would mention it on gags and jokes, generally to shit on what ruined it
>It would be considered a success when parents started whining that their daughters were emulating the behavior of the protagonist
>>
>G5
>Discord is a secondary gag character, a pony who just likes to MESS THINGS UP XD
>not voiced by De Lancie because that's expensive
>>
>>30176637

It should be the same universe. G4 has so many interesting characters that there wasn't time to develop, and there's no reason to rebuild the world from scratch.

I'm personally hoping for an actual adventure series around the founding and early years of Equestria and starring the characters from the hearthswarming play, Starswirl, and pre-alicorn Celestia and Luna. It could be transitioned into at the end of G4 by using a frame story of Celestia and Luna passing down previously hidden knowledge to the mane 6.

They could build on the CMC and show them as adult ponies traveling Equestria.

They could do Starlight spinoff with her group of friends.

They could show the lives of minor villains and how they changed.

They could do something with Shining Armor and the royal guards with young Twilight and Cadence mixed in.

They could even focus on some non-pony species, but that kind of goes against the title of the show.
>>
>>30176637
New universe. S6 and S7 are already screwing with the way the show works, and I want to enjoy it as a different show, not the same one. The fact that S1-5 Equestria is the same universe as S6-7 Equestria is exactly why I'm not enjoying them as much.
>>
File: 3275836-1136806211-63336.jpg (1MB, 1417x986px) Image search: [Google]
3275836-1136806211-63336.jpg
1MB, 1417x986px
>>30177123
>accompanied by

But not all at once. Slowly build up the Mane cast throughout her travels. It would also lead to a new brand of shitposting where [current new side character] is joining/should join the party.
>>
G5 will be FiM mixed with EQG

My Little Barbie: High School is Magic
>>
>>30177123
Here's some more ideas for this setting
>No ponies control nature, move the sun and moon bullshit. As shown on G4, these are only plotholes magnets.
>It should be short, only 2-3 seasons max, and perhaps a movie. No more is needed.
>>
>>30176649
Suck DICK.
>>
I've always wanted a G5 to take place 20 or something years after FiM ends. New Mane 6 or 7, no idea who they would be.

I'd like for it to show off lore more than FiM does. Like the history of Equestria, Celestia's life, and stuff involving Starswirl the Bearded.

The OG Mane 6 could have a few excuses to show up every now and then, like new protagonist showing up at the Castle of Friendship for a book on something.
>>
>>30179023
>One Piece
>New crewmate is introduced
>He/She get their moments but they don't overshow other, previous crewmates
Why can anime do this but FiM can't?
>>
With all the cancer they introduced to the show, that already provoked a huge exodus from this fandom, I say that making the next generation on the same universe would be a BIG mistake. Not only the fans that already left won't be interested on returning, but potential new fans would be put off from watching due to things that require knowledge of the original to understand. There's a reason the entertainment industry prefers reboots to sequels, and as such it would be much better if they went with a complete reboot.
>>
File: 1493354314808-2.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493354314808-2.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>30176637
Why don't they split the show into 2? One show for glim glam with more mature thematics and appealing largely to the adults and the other side into a more slice of life lighthearted side with Twighlight? Perhaps 2 kingdoms with twilight taking over for Celestia and Luna as ruler of Equestria and then another kingdom of sorts for starlight?
>>
File: 1491683980158s.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1491683980158s.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>>30177123
Actually, what if instead of a new universe, it was set in the past? Maybe the adventures of celestia and Luna throughout their childhoods with starswirl or something like that? Maybe bringing back tirek and discord during ancient times? That could be interesting. Perhaps ending where twilight's story began and the whole back story of starlight could be included as well. Plenty of lore and room for expansion as well.
>>
>>30179868
I meant sunset shimmer not starlight
>>
>>30179868
>"Perhaps ending where twilight's story began"
>Not ending with a twenty minute part 2 finale of the Nightmare moon / Celestia fight, pulling a final pandering by having the credits theme for that episode be a snippet of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTWmOzNZOw
>>
>>30178891
>>30179152
>>30179868
Anything of this generation should stay on this generation. They can make a new show set on this universe but it would still be G4 (G4.5 if they update the art style). G5 means a full reboot.
>>
>>30179846
Terrible ideas. Celestia and Luna being phased out when they were barely used on FiM? Hell no. And sideshow based on fucking Poochie? No one wants that shit, the vast majority of watchers wants her to fuck off, she's only there because of Vogel/Miller wankery. Give us Sunset instead, a terribly underused and infinitely more interesting and popular character than Poochie will ever be.
>>
>>30180057
see >>30179877
and as for Celestia and Luna, they're used so little that there's plenty of room for development and a darker past sort of series for the more mature audience would give us the lore and continuity we've been waiting for. And as for the second show which could be for the younger audience and more light hearted, you could use a more modern shimmer or perhaps a new cast entirely.
>>
>>30179087
Of course more is needed, this is a show designed to sell toys.
>>
>at the end of G4 M6 all become alicorns because fuck it, it's the end of the whole damn gen, make 'em immortal so no kids fucking cry about 5 of the 6 dying
>Sun and Moon butts basically retire and spend the rest of time as queens, enjoying life, doing their sun and moon shit, no worries Maybe they become deus ex machinas a maximum of once every season
>M6 take up everything else
>GlimGlam, Maud, Trixie, and 3 other cunts (one could have a dick, one is probably Zecora, the last can be Shimmy, I guess) become the new 6, with Filthy-Fucking-Commie horse as Nu-Twatlet-Spackle
>The first season of G5 is mainly dedicated to Sun and Moon butts' final test of Tinkle Sprinkle, where they have to handle the newest, unknown monsters that weren't put in a 1000 year time out and shit, through the Nu-6, like how Sunbutt handled shit through Sparkle-Ass
>first season also shows a slow change in artstyle along with regular flashbacks in order to avert >>30179330 's second point
I haven't watched this show in 2 to 5 years. If I put out something that conflicts with the plot, sue me.
>>30179868
>MLP: Snake Eater
This sounds pretty damn cool.
>>
File: LTnotagoodcall.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
LTnotagoodcall.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>30176649
>>
>>30177123
>no Spike
Cancled before the firat season is even finished.
>>
File: wat.jpg (13KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
13KB, 268x268px
>>30183092
>Thinking people give a shit about Spike
>>
>>30183092
Spike didn't even exist on Faust's original plans for the show, he was shoehorned in by Hasbro. The writers clearly don't like him, that's why they shit on him as much as possible.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.