[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas for MLP TNG? >What would be the Setting? >How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Any ideas for MLP TNG?

>What would be the Setting?
>How much of a time skip do you want?
>What happened to the Mane six?
>>
>setting
Ponyville

>time skip
None

>what happened to the mane 6?
They are still the main characters
>>
>>30163287
Although I know it's impossible, I would want to see a completely new setting and characters with no connection with G4 if there will be a G5.
G4 would be a beaten up dead horse everyone won't want anymore from it by the time Hasbro makes G5.
>>
FiM is pretty much gonna be here to stay. It's got too much success to be thrown away
>>
>>30163287
>time skip
Eww no.
That's as bad as keeping things the same forever. This fandom hates change enough as is, this massive & instantaneous a shift would freefall.
People are attached to these characters, you gotta ease it or you'll end up with some Lunatics Unleashed shit. If TNG pone ever happens at all it should be in real-time.
>>
File: DEEPEST FUCKING LORE.png (1MB, 959x1338px) Image search: [Google]
DEEPEST FUCKING LORE.png
1MB, 959x1338px
>>30163582
>If TNG pone ever happens at all it should be in real-time.
maybe adjusted for horse maturation rate & lifespan.
>>
>>30163582
FiM has been too much of a gold mine and increased brand awareness to the extent that they'll never put these characters to pasture.

There's no way they'd do G5 with an entirely new cast and world. It's either a new cast in the same world with continuity and cameos of the old cast, or it's a reboot of FiM with the same cast.
>>
Only way it'd be acceptable is if it was a FiM revival, years after the show gets cancelled. Ala Samurai Jack, or Toy Story 3.
If enough time has passed for a next generation to physically grow up, it'd feel genuine. Makes the setting feel real & independent. The good 10-20 years of missing context could provide a lot of mysteries to work with.
>>
>>30163598
That's exactly what I'm saying. But being able to see these characters grow step-by-step and moment-by-moment is a massive part of the show's appeal, so skipping that large a chunk would miss the point.
You'll get the new cast same setting option IMO, but it'll be gradual. There are a lot of potential casts you could fit between "S1 Mane 6" and "Kids of S1 Mane 6". Surprise! It's A GlimGlam post!
>>
File: 1493513589396.gif (2MB, 463x343px) Image search: [Google]
1493513589396.gif
2MB, 463x343px
>>30163287
>a reboot
I wouldn't watch it.

I have a feeling g5 will involve humans and still be under the management of jim and vogel.
>>
>>30163287
I really do hope Hasbro will revert back to a show for little girls like their '80s cartoon so I can watch each and every brony cry in despair and commit suicide.
>>
>>30163710
The way you fuckers talk sometimes I'd have thought they'd be glad it's over.
>>
>>30163287
Two generations, like ST:TNG, set in Equestria, mane six are adults and running the show, new mane six will focus on grandkids and rebuilding after Ashlands storyline.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.