[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It feels like every time Starlight has a nightmare, she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (877KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
877KB, 1280x720px
It feels like every time Starlight has a nightmare, she's dreaming about Twilight lecturing her.
This just goes to show how bad of a mentor Twilight is, and that deep down, Starlight still holds some resentment for her
>>
File: 1495612623480.gif (2MB, 883x494px) Image search: [Google]
1495612623480.gif
2MB, 883x494px
I think it shows she's afraid of letting twilight down.
>>
>>30162862
You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>30162862
She also notices her bedsheets are a little sticker whenever she dreams of her.
>>
File: unf.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unf.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>30162896
>"Stupid sexy Twilight!"
>>
>>30162877
This is the correct answer.

But she's not just afraid of letting Twi down, she's terrified at the idea of failing anything important and relapsing into her old, socially inept ways.

The fear of this intensified after Every Little Thing She Does. Anons always complain that she didn't get reprimanded enough for what she did by Twilight, and I agree with that. But as a side effect, she's been much more cautious and fearful of her actions since then.
>>
>>30163081
And then there's Maud, who almost tempted her into going bad again
>>
>>30162877
If she's afraid of letting her down, why is she always arguing with her and doing her own thing when it comes to lessons?
>>
>>30163087
That was the most interesting moment of the episode, because it meant one of two things.

Either Starlight was actually interested in taking over the world again for a moment, or she was just genuinely unsure if Maud was serious or not.

>>30163090
Because she wants to prove that she's a fully functioning adult who's capable of making her own decisions. That was the whole point of Celestial Advice. She knows she isn't ready to be on her own, so she wants to keep finding her way under Twi's guidance.
>>
File: imnewhowdoisage.png (121KB, 2150x1384px) Image search: [Google]
imnewhowdoisage.png
121KB, 2150x1384px
>twilight is shit
You do know it would've been an okay thread if you didn't force this in, right?
I mean, of course you know, you did it to stir some more shit up.
Sage.
>>
File: 1484993279389.png (1MB, 1521x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484993279389.png
1MB, 1521x1200px
I mean, let's be honest, Twilight is cool and all, but I certainly wouldn't want to have her as my mentor.

Celestia
>calm, collected, reassuring
>hands off, watches from afar
>knows what Twilight needs before she does
>relaxed, goes with the flow
>years of experience, wise and sensible

Of course the premiere showed that she also had her doubts, but she kept that shit under wraps. Meanwhile

Twilight
>openly high-strung, a nervous worrywart
>constantly has to fight the urge to meddle
>strange lack of sensitivity to her student's feelings, often due to her own clinical sense of efficiency
>bizarre fixation on systematizing things, never a moment's rest
>still learning lessons in spite of supposedly mastering them
>>
File: desp.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
desp.png
21KB, 176x232px
>>30163087
Trixie and Maud
>no friends until Starlight
>friendship ruined by a mane6 pony knowing them the most
>leading them to the state where there is no worth living anymore
>>
>>30162972
>Gee Starlight, an awful lot of snails seem to find their way into your bed.
>>
File: d4yB887.jpg (124KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
d4yB887.jpg
124KB, 720x960px
>>30163081
>Implying Starlight has that much depth
>>
>>30163087
>>30163141
Is there really doubt in people's minds as to whether Starlight was being "tempted" in that scene? To me it was kind of the heart of the episode.

At first Starlight responds with the same uneasy confusion we might expect from another pony talking to Maud and not really "getting" her. She asks if she's joking, and Maud replies, "I don't know. Am I?"

Another moment of uncertainty... and then she laughs, realizing that behind the deadpan exterior Maud is just making fun of her.

It is in this way that we the audience (and to an extent Maud, I suspect) recognize that Starlight already understands Maud better than the Mane 6 did when first introduced to her. She doesn't just see Maud as weird, she adapts to her weirdness and then talks to her like normal. She is already becoming her friend.
>>
I want to punish Glimmy for being a faggot
>>
>>30162862
Not sure about Starlight's resentment, but Twilight managed to be the opposite of "helpful mentor with useful advice" all through Princess Problems.

Although that actually endeared Twi to me.
>>
>>30163393
It was really nice to finally see Maud making a real friend. It showed that the mane 6, while they understand and "get" Maud, will never be close friends with her.

The same goes for Starlight. Her and Twilight are close as can be, but it seems like we'll never see her hanging out with the rest of the girls.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.