[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have an honest conversation on how the mane 6 (minus Twilight)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 40984390.png (288KB, 900x586px) Image search: [Google]
40984390.png
288KB, 900x586px
Can we have an honest conversation on how the mane 6 (minus Twilight) should be used in a season? Particularly how they can be more relevant in big seasonal premiers and finales and be realistic with alicorns like Twilight and magic powerhouses like Starlight around? Is it possible?
>>
>>30158714
Just give them all individual season arcs to defeat their own villains individually, having Twilight learn the lesson of "you can let your friends do things by themselves".
>>
Twilight would be nothing without the "magic of friendship", which is what the mane 6 are there for, only the six of them together can wield the elements of harmony

Twilight has powerful magic, but not that powerful, neither do Celestia or Luna
>>
>>30158714
you need to realize the main thing that made them important to begin with was their connection to twilight. alone theyre not amazing. theyre fairly average.
>>
>>30158892
Without the mane 6 Twilight would have just become Sunset Shimmer

Celestia sent her to Ponyville for a reason, and in a recent episode she even said she KNEW there were certain special ponies she needed to meet
>>
>>30158836
Yes but in many of those cases they act more as placement holders rather than their actions as a character leading to a shift in the episode.

Applejack standing up to Twilight and kicking her out to protect her; Fluttershy using her own believes to fool Starlight are good--and maybe the only--examples of the mane 6 taking their own action to affect things rather than be lead by Twilight or Celestia.
>>
>>30158924
I feel like you're not seeing the bigger picture
Think of it this way, Twilight is the gun, the remaining mane 6 are the ammo and the trigger puller

Twilight has all the power but it can't be realized or used without them
>>
>>30158813
This would be a good idea.

That being said, they'd have to work hard to actually come up with some good original villains for the group that feel meaningful and threatening, so that their beating them would feel like it was important.
not just "AJ runs flim and flam out of town" or shit like that.

>>30158714
>Particularly how they can be more relevant in big seasonal premiers and finales and be realistic with alicorns like Twilight and magic powerhouses like Starlight around? Is it possible?
they decided to have the EOH bestow individual magical powers on the mane six in equestria girls, and it works well there; While they had to do a giant Friendship power wow at the end of LOE, they at least showed the group fighting together against the villain so there was a decent feeling of importance and action to the others.

Just have the mane six get their power ponies powers as a permanent upgrade-- Change fluttershys to just powering up her stare or something though, or give her healing powers.
>>
>>30158714
It is super easy, I even made an animatic based on a concept that some people in the fandom fell for.
>>
Introduce Mario-esque powerups.
>>
>>30160700
That's simple yet so so genius. It could even have a reason to be used in slice of life episodes too, and anyone could help participate in the two parters as well.
>>
>>30160700
I am surprised Hasbro hasn't tried this already.
>>
they tried giving the others super powers with rainbow power. Everyone hated it.
>>
>>30158714
A political coup d'etat targets the princesses and their households, capturing the alicorns and the ones living with them, i.e. Starlight and Spike, and it's about the M6 minus Twi to work together even in spite of the one friend as the only connecting factor.
>>
>>30162898
They should've taken the M5 instead of the nuM6.
>>
>>30160458
In that case they've done a poor job in showing that. You could place the elements with someone else--which has happen--and get the same result.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.