[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The story of Hearth's Warming Eve implies Celestia and Luna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: latest[1].png (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
577KB, 1280x720px
The story of Hearth's Warming Eve implies Celestia and Luna didn't care about the people of Equestria until after the nation had already been founded. The whole story is contingent on the rift caused by the three pony tribes, which summon the Windigoes, which then get dispelled by their unification, which leads to the creation of Equestria. If they were being led by a single entity, the conflict would have never happened, which should have been what Celestia and Luna were doing.
>>
>>30142689
No, it implies they hadn't met the 3 tribes yet; which is exactly the case if the Journal of the Two Sisters book is considered canon.
>>
>>30142694
So what was their role before the founding of Equestria? They still had to be maintaining the day and night for the land.
>>
>>30142698
>he didn't read the book
It wasn't their job yet.
>>
>>30142707
He hasn't even watched the episode.
>"During this frightful age, each of the three tribes – the Pegasi, the unicorns, and the Earth ponies – cared not for what befell the other tribes, but only for their own welfare. In those troubled times, as now, the Pegasi were the stewards of the weather. But they demanded something in return. Food that could only be grown by the Earth ponies. THE UNICORNS DEMANDED THE SAME, IN RETURN FOR MAGICALLY BRINGING FORTH DAY AND NIGHT."
>>
>>30142698
According to The Journal of Two Sisters, the cycle of day and night before Celestia and Luna descended to Equestria were brought by sacrifice of 10 unicorns magic plus Starswirl's magic. Which each sacrifice didn't last for long time and unicorns who dedicated their magic had to give them up for rest of their life.

When it comes to dark side of Equestria, The Journal implies Starswirl's age was literally the dark ages.
>>
How am I getting lectured on MLP lore? I thought I was good at this.
>>
>>30142711
so it was a job of unicorns
>>
The history goes like this:
* The three tribes found Equestria
* Discord reks Equestria
* Celestia and Luna take over
* Starswirl banishes the sirens(?)
* Celestia banishes Luna
* Celestia banishes Sombra(?)
* Luna returns, show starts
Right?
>>
>>30142923
>* Discord reks Equestria
>* Celestia and Luna take over
Not sure about the order of those points. Has it been addressed in the books?
>>
>>30142978
Their not mentioned in the book but it's addressed in the show.
>>
>>30142923
Here's what I've gathered
--Pre-Royal Sisters Era (1000+ years ago)
>* The three tribes found Equestria

--The Big Clusterfuck of 1000 Years Ago (in no particular order)
>* Discord reks Equestria, gets BTFO by the sisters
>* Celestia and Luna take over
>* Starswirl banishes the sirens(?)
>* Celestia banishes Luna
>* Celestia (and maybe Luna) banishes Sombra(?)

--Current day Equestria
>* Luna returns, show starts

Helpful, innit bruv?
>>
File: thumb.png (28KB, 247x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.png
28KB, 247x250px
>>30142689
Yes, the sister did not care about the wendigos and the ponies.
The three tribes were not the ones who summoned the evil spirits, I think it was star swirl. Wizards don't care about people or the consequence of their spells.
>>
>>30143019
Oh, also something about Tirek.
>>
>>30143019
You forgot tirek it's put in jail for thinking to take over equestria
>>
>>30142689
Were they even born at that time?
>>
>>30143044
I dunno, what the books said? I didn't read lol.
>>
>>30142689
Luna was banished to the moon and Celestia was in seclusion out of grief. Rather than filling the power void, the pony tribes squabbled amongst themselves until the aristocracy founded Canterlot and seized power. That aristocracy still survives today, in the person of Prince Blueblood, who is in fact no blood relation to Celestia whatsoever.
>>
>>30142923
>>30143019
Celestia and Luna were put in charge before Discord showed up.
>>
For anyone questioning about Celestia and Luna's past,
GO REWATCH SEASON4!!
Half of this thread's questions are answered in the first three episodes of it.
>>
>>30142689
This thread has made me realize something: If they ever do a G4.5, I want it to be a prequel. The royal sisters must've gone through so much shit to bring peace to Equestria... The potential for epic (in a literary sense) fantasy is so good I can practically taste it! Nom!
>>
>>30143103
idk Anon, I also want to see the m6 descendants and shit.
I mean, they have so much to work with. We won't have anything of the sort other than in two parters or movies tho.
>>
File: EQGFG.png (2MB, 1383x759px) Image search: [Google]
EQGFG.png
2MB, 1383x759px
>>30143103
>If they ever do a G4.5

We already have it.
>>
>>30143139
>>
>>30142711
10 unicorns, as it says in the journal of the two sisters.

seriously, if you guys give a fuck about lore then give it a read because it was written by AKR specifically to add lore.
>>
>>30143177
Disgusting
>>
>>30142995
>>
>>30143044
Some anons deducted that they either weren't born or too young. If the alicorn race is wrong, they didn't even start out as alicorns.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.