[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who have the better design? Nightmare Star (Solar Flare)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Evil Celestia.png (768KB, 1205x443px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Celestia.png
768KB, 1205x443px
Who have the better design? Nightmare Star (Solar Flare) or Daybreaker?
>>
>>30130813
>Nightmare Star (working title, final name TBD)
>>
>>30130813
daybreaker. the minor details like her super nova qt mark and regalia make the difference.
-1 point for retarded horns.
>>
>>30130838
>horns

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30130899
The crown has two Viking-style horns. Solar Flare is better.
>>
>>30130813
I think I'd take Daybreaker's regali/armoura and cutiemark and Solar Flare's mane, eyes and horn helmet. I also prefer Daybreaker as a name, it's distinct from Nightmare Moon and a is a much more aggressive name
>>
>>30132236
The horns are on Solar Flare, not Daybreaker.
>>
>>30130813
solar flare has a old persian look that really works while daybreaker just looks like a recolored nightmare moon
the dark armor just looks terrible on her
>>
>>30130813
>>30132284
Literally Deviantart tier

On a side note, does this mean Nightmare Star is technically an OC now?
>>
>>30132261
Agreed on every point
>>
Nightmare star's design is way better. it just gives off a smug arrogance that sells the villain. Plus the horns and regalia look nicer.
Daybreaker's teeth are just so fucking terrible, and her design is pretty bland.

Daybreaker for the name, Nightmare star for the design.
>>
File: 1404077421170.png (182KB, 366x310px) Image search: [Google]
1404077421170.png
182KB, 366x310px
>>30130813
I like Daybreak's cutie mark and her eyes, and maybe her armored wings. Otherwise she's just a less interesting Nightmare Moon.At least Solar Flare looks like a proper Celestia through a darker lense; gold finery and jewels befitting a demi-sun goddess and Empress. Spikey armor and fangs doesn't suit her well at all.
>>
>>30132261
Pretty much this, except I always hoped that Celestia would get even bigger if she ever went nightmare mode.
>>
I get the feeling people want to mix and match.
What if we have an episode where both appear via dimensional fuckery and then fuse.
>>
>>30130813
Valkyrie helm with crown has more coherent motif going on. They quickly setup that Celestia doesn't want to be alone and that her dark side desires to conquer and rule over all, alone. Nightmare Moon's is the opposite where she wants to be adored by all. Pull and push.
>>
>>30130813
Daybreaker as a name is better than Nightmare Star.
>>
File: RDShot.png (170KB, 497x456px) Image search: [Google]
RDShot.png
170KB, 497x456px
>>30130813
Nightmare Noon.
>>
>>30132261
I liked Daybreakers eyes, Solar Flare's eyes don't look evil enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (996KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996KB, 1280x959px
>>30130813
Firestorm
>>
>>30134026
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E
>>
>>30130813
Can't decide. I loved the beads resembling sunspots in the original. Also the eyelashes and dragon-like pupils. But the new design is cool too. I like the wing-guards and helm.
>>
>>30130813
>Nightmare Star
Obviously far superior choice and that crown is a badass.
>>
>>30130813
Daybreaker. She looks more like a direct mirror to Nightmare Moon. Solar Flare looks like a completely new character.
>>
>>30132236
no shit, sherlock.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.