[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gave her the power to defeat Daybreaker when she couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: 1495304472903[1].png (468KB, 895x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495304472903[1].png
468KB, 895x503px
What gave her the power to defeat Daybreaker when she couldn't before?

I can't understand it. When NMM manifests in Starlight's Nightmare, Celestia steps up to say she knows how to handle her. When Daybreaker appears, she takes a backseat.

If Celestia had the Power to just banish them when she wanted how come she didn't do that straight away? Luna didn't really tell her how to handle it, more just that she had the power to
>>
>>30129495
Determination
>>
>>30129578
As in? She used magic to banish both NMM and Daybreaker, she had the magic within her, yet she didn't do anything initially.
Luna did give her some drive, but how would that help Celestia banish Daybreaker?
>>
>>30129495
believing that she could
>>
>>30129578
Wow, the anti-undertalefags haven't gone mad yet. I was sure that would set them off so I could complain that it wasn't undertale related.
>>
>>30129716
And she didn't before?
How does belief help her in the dream realm?
>>
>>30129986
because in a dream you literally just have to believe something to make it happen
>>
>>30130001
But if it's that simple, why didn't she have that belief in the first place?
>>
>>30129986
have you ever tried lucid dreaming anon?
you have to be sure that your waifu will appear right next to you for her to actually appear
>>
>>30130025
>facing off against your own anxieties personified
>HMMM I WONDER WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST BRUSH OFF ALL OF THEM AT ONCE
>>
>>30130025
Have you ever doubted yourself, anon?
>>
>>30130044
It was Starlight's fears and anxieties, not hers
>>30130057
Never.
>>
>>30130064
>It was Starlight's fears and anxieties, not hers
i believe it was a combo of both. twilight told glimmer about what led to luna becoming NMM, so she projected that idea in her own dream. however i also think daybreaker was too personal towards celestia for it to just be a projection from glimmer. it had to have access to celestias own feelings in some way
>>
>>30130064
that was a test. the only anons who never doubt themselves are from /pol/ because they're maximalist fanatics. so you hate to go back to /pol/
>>
>>30130077
>however i also think daybreaker was too personal towards celestia for it to just be a projection from glimmer.
While I see what you're saying there, I just don't think it was Celestia's "nightmare" at all, because she wasn't even dreaming and she directly entered Starlight's dream. If it was Celestia's anxieties, wouldn't it need a bigger push for her to get over them? Celestia herself refuted the points Daybreaker was making, whereas with the Tantibus Luna was feeling the guilt letting it grow stronger.

I think the reason it was personal was more because of the subject matter since the nightmare consisted of the fears of Luna and Celestia having another row.

>>30130057
Also on a more serious note, it's more the cause of the doubt I'm talking about here.
As I said in the OP, when Nightmare appeared, Celestia was game. She seemed ready to take on the threat and presumably dispel Nightmare. But when Daybreaker appeared, Celestia didn't really know what to do. If Dream Magic lets her banish beings whenever, since they're not real, couldn't she have done that?
>>
>>30130169
She was thrown off guard by the appearance of a nightmare version of herself.
>>
>>30130491
But isn't it just as easy to defeat, considering it was Starlight's fears, not Celestia's?
>>
>>30130503
That was her own fears manifested in Starlight's dream. Plus, she's used to having support of some kind (which is why she wanted to work together with Luna) and feels kind of lost without it
>>
>>30130522
Back to >>30130169, I don't really see it as being Celestia's fears
If they were they'd have come from nowhere, surely
>>
To add to the point, Celestia knew all along Daybreaker wasn't real.

What caused her to pretty much not know what to do and sort of freeze, when she knew how to banish dream figures anyway
>>
>>30131465
>>
>>30131853
>>
>>30130605
>>30130713
You guys have to remember that celestia is not well versed in dream magic at all. And the fact that she can control the dream to some degree and believing that something will happen can happen in a dream means that her fears, doubts, and anxieties can manifest with in a dream she is in; even if she isnt sleeping.
>>
>>30132926
Then what did Luna really do that allowed Celestia to banish Daybreaker when she couldn't before?
>>
>>30132974
She helped her believe in herself, friend. She was cowering and yelling that she couldnt do it and then luna came, picked her up, and said I believe in you. Did you even watch the episode?
>>
>>30133005
oy it's 6am leave me alone
She says to Celestia she can defeat Daybreaker if she believes in her strength. I'm not sure what that strength is and on top of that, this is assuming it's Celestia's fear manifested, isn't it?

See I don't really think that's the case
>>
File: 1495303626783[1].webm (528KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1495303626783[1].webm
528KB, 900x506px
>>
>>30129578
>>30129766
undertale is awesome and second of all, what the fuck is anyone screaming about. this is a fucking dream sequence, not a real fight.
>>
>>30133005
Honestly, this conversation is a lost cause. The guy's just arguing in circles. There's really no reason to think Celestia had trouble dealing with Daybreaker due to anything save the reasons already mentioned.
>>
>>30133335
Most of them are on the assumption it's Celestia's fears though, when it was Starlight's nightmare
>>
>>30129495
She just had to believe in herself.
>>
File: 1495308663937.png (660KB, 1185x972px) Image search: [Google]
1495308663937.png
660KB, 1185x972px
>>30133302

I understand you like this clip, and I do too. But why save it twice?
>>
>>30129495

She didn't realize the difference between dream magic and normal magic until Luna clued her in.
>>
>>30129495
>>30129578
Moreover it was Glim's determination too. This was her dream after all. The battle symbolized in part her convincing Glimmer she made the right choice she could get along with her sister.
>>
>>30134115
that too
>>
>>30134115
I'm not sure about that
When NMM surfaced Celestia seemed game, there was nothing to suggest she didn't know how to dream magic and it'd be a quick turnaround if she then did
>>
>>30136060
>>
If you've ever played Mortal Kombat, think of this like Celestia's "Dark Raiden".
>>
>>30137361
>ywn perform Daybreaker's brutality
>>
File: mildconcern5.jpg (281KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mildconcern5.jpg
281KB, 1000x1000px
>>30133302
>>
>>30133302
I hadn't noticed the animated reflections on the Castle floor. That's new.
>>
>>30133458
He didn't. He copied the URL of the original posting then reposted it here without saving it manually in between. You can do that in Windows, it's being posted from his Temporary Internet Files. The first copy is the one locally cached by the browser but when you copy-paste upload from the URL, it creates a second copy in the same location.
>>
>>30129495
i want daybreaker to break my face with her butt
>>
>>30129495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ
>>
>>30129495
WTF, this episode got leaked? LINK RIGHT NOW
>>
>>30140923
I genuinely don't understand how there are people who browse /mlp/ but somehow haven't grasped Canada is airing episodes early.

Here you go anyway
https://stream.sunnysubs.com/s07e10.mp4
>>
>>30140951
>https://stream.sunnysubs.com/s07e10.mp4
I thought it was only a few episodes, I didn't realize they were going to be one ep ahead the whole season.
>>
>>30140951
>https://stream.sunnysubs.com/s07e10.mp4
Also I've been made since the synopsis that this is a poochie ep when Twilight should be the one with the sisters.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>30140966
Not one ep the whole Season.
Canada has aired up till Episode 11 now. You can find them all online. Discovery Family is on Episode 7.

What Canada has been doing is airing 2 episodes every weekend from the beginning of this month. Next weekend we will have Episode 12 and 13.
>>
>>30140974
Thanks, do you have a link to a HD rip?
>>
>>30141807
It's Canada we don't get top quality till later when Discovery airs it
>>
>>30134776
>there was nothing to suggest she didn't know how to dream magic
She wasn't using dream magic, she was playing by "waking world" rules.

Think of it as lucid dreaming. The control you have and the, let's say, stability of the dream can be slippery, but practice can improve both. Also, I figure the dreamscape doesn't care who's dreaming, it'll draw from whatever you bring with you.
>>
File: 1366985834021.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1366985834021.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
>>30142442
But Luna never gave her any cues about dream magic, or informed her that the only power they have is the power you give them.
It's not like Celestia tried banishing them and it didn't work, she sort of didn't know what to do.

Then after a talk with Luna, her doubts were removed, and she expelled them immediately. It didn't seem to be a case of not knowing how to apply the magic
>>
>>30143784
>>
bumpan
>>
>>30144753
>>
>>30145868
Ty
>>
They established very quickly that Celestia doesn't like being alone. The driving force for Daybreaker is that there can only be her. Daybreaker communicates with Celestia, not Glimmer. Celestia was shocked seeing Daybreaker. The focus quickly shifts away from Glimmer to Celestia when Daybreaker arrives. Celestia argues with Daybreaker.

Maybe Glimmer came up with Daybreaker, but she became Celestia's nightmare. Another point is if there was duality with Luna's part of the story. Luna did not only suck at doing Celestia's duties, but also further fuck'd it up. Celestia didn't fuck up Luna's duties, unless Daybreaker is something Celestia inserted in Glimmer's dreams.

You can see that the writers liked to use very quick visual props, like Spike's toothbrush and pineapple pancakes. So consider even the smallest visual hints.
>>
>>30146223
>Maybe Glimmer came up with Daybreaker
I don't see this desu
>>
>>30140923
When will /mlp/ catch up
>>
>>30143078
>It didn't seem to be a case of not knowing how to apply the magic
Yes. See:
>the dreamscape doesn't care who's dreaming, it'll draw from whatever you bring with you.
She reconciled with her sister and satisfied whatever subconscious fears she had, and that's what made her able to defeat the manifestation of that conflict. If her attitude had shifted further, she could probably have vaporized Daybreaker by sneezing in her general direction.

"Whatever you bring with you", my dude.
>>
>>30146223
>>30147169
I think Daybreaker was a combination of both their fears.
>>
>>30148041
Eh I think we're on the same point here, that it was more a subconscious battle
>>
>>30148060
I think this, but I reckon it can't have spawned from Glimmer since the very idea of Daybreaker is pretty out there
>>
Up
>>
>>30133428
and it can't be both because...
>>
>>30149982
It can, I just can't see Daybreaker herself being from from Starlight
>>
>>30150190
>"If it can happen to one, it can happen to the other..."
>"Oh shit! Oh SHIT! OH SHIT!!!"
Way I see it, it's probable that they both thought something along those lines at some point or another. Which, in Celestia's case, would be kinda neat, as it would demonstrate that she doesn't consider herself "better" than Luna in that respect.
>>
>>30134115
>dream magic
>talents switched along with the cutie marks
Wait. WAIT! HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE!!

That's the final nail in the coffin of MMC. That is all. Sorry, got a bit excited there.
>>
>>30150391
>If it can happen to one, it can happen to the other
But is that really something a Pony who isn't Celestia or Luna consider? The worst thing when Luna and Celestia feud is often seen as NMM spawning, no one really considers it on Celestia's side, as in her turning too, so where would Starlight psyche get the idea?
>>
>>30150670
>The worst thing when Luna and Celestia feud is often seen as NMM spawning, no one really considers it on Celestia's side
What are you basing this on? This episode was the first time since NMM that the sisters fought. How would you know what the popular perspective on them feuding is?
>>
>>30150670
>But is that really something a Pony who isn't Celestia or Luna consider?
Why not? It's simple deductive reasoning. Plus, Glimglam knows a thing or two about dangerous ideas, anger, and grudges.
>>
>>30150907
>>30150821
>What are you basing this on?
Suppose I'm basing it off my own self. I never really considered Daybreaker, or, a version of Celestis that gave in and tried to destroy NMM
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.