[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fimfiction Thread - Now with 88% more stuff, fuck I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 62

ITT: To Discord, or not to Discord, Cold in Gardez still likes pony, Writing smut is about keeping yourself at the peak of arousal, but never letting go, loads of story nominations, Voiceguy's increasingly shitty computer and family, having to critique gibberish, "I don't see what's so strange about popping a boner at voiceguy's dulcet tones.", and UTAAN IS FINISHED

Tired of that 12 book series being halfway over but not updating since october? Can't tolerate another EQG fic about sacrificing virgins? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

>FiMFiction Starter Kit (recommended fics):
Winners:
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png
List of nominees by category:
http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>How do I write fanfiction?
Ezn’s guide - https://eznguide.neocities.org/
Politics and the English Language - https://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/
Vhatug's tips for anatomically correct clop - https://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
Setting a story in motion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufO8LbwTdu0 [Embed]

>Can you pre-read my story?
Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled and give us a link. Most will ignore it, but a few may take a look at it eventually.

>Reviews and riffs:
https://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

>Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

I found this image and I thought it was beautiful.

Old Thread
>>30014429
>>
>>30112913
>UTAAN IS FINISHED
>Tired of that 12 book series being halfway over but not updating since october?
awesome copypaste, anon

also old school futaloo get
>>
>>30112913
Utaan is finished but I continue to wonder what motivated people to read a story over two million words long when it could've probably been about two hundred thousand words long.

Didn't someone once say that brevity is the soul of wit or something? Ah, fuck it.
>>
Stream today?

I can easily record the next The Chase chapter, it's attendance.

Does anyone feel like showing up today? If not, I can wait 'till my new comp is fixed and do it on the weekends.
>>
File: categories.png (26KB, 274x571px) Image search: [Google]
categories.png
26KB, 274x571px
Reminder to nominate more stories. Mystery, Tragedy, Horror, Thriller, and Sad categories are looking especially short.

We may need to either merge some categories, or decide to pick only one winner instead of three for the smaller ones.
>>
File: categories.png (7KB, 175x229px) Image search: [Google]
categories.png
7KB, 175x229px
>>30113090
Wrong pic
>>
>>30112989

I imagine when you do a story with daily updates, it's going to drag out a lot longer than if you spent a couple of months writing the story as just one big chunk.
>>
>>30113128
If your goal is to write a lot of words, then the resulting story will, most likely, contain a lot of words
>>
>>30112941
The filly with the big willy graced us once with repeting digits. It is not meant to happen again.

Also, I remember we used to put the instructions on how to vote in the OP when we had the first round of nominations.
>>
>>30113059
What time? I get home from work in about six hours.
>>
>>30113194
I was thinking 10:30, which is like 20 minutes from now.

Fuck it I'll just wait
>>
>>30113145
>It is not meant to happen again.
it certainly doesnt help that the dude abdied
>>
File: 1489122049785.png (1004KB, 732x820px) Image search: [Google]
1489122049785.png
1004KB, 732x820px
This is my new headcanon for what happens each time Twilight teleports:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/341279/blink

This is the best short psychological horror I've read.
>>
>>30112913
>2017
>People still think Nyx is a meme
>>
>>30113538
Not read or going to read it but I'm going to assume it revolves around the idea that when Twilight teleports, she dies and the Twilight that appears at the end is another Twilight made up using the same particles/mass/etc

I've seen that pop up multiple times in science and psychology but I have my own little theory on it which goes as follows.

Multiple copies can exist and they're all you except as long as there are pieces or fragments of your conscious still alive you can't find rest in an afterlife. My fear with inserting a consciousness into a computer is the fear that "I" will die, but as the computer could potentially be immortal I will never be at peace because my fragment is still inside that computer in some fucked up sense of limbo.
>>
>>30113702
wtf are you talking about, if you even believe a smidgen of this shit, then by proxy you are a heathen paganistic sharlatan.

Espicially if you believe that there is a heaven after that.
>>
>>30113768
m'lady
>>
>>30113772
nice excuse
>>
File: 1399198264366.jpg (1MB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
1399198264366.jpg
1MB, 1200x658px
>>30113702
If she just died upon teleportation, that would be cliché. It is much more creative and horrifying than that.
>>
>>30113777
nice trips
>>
>>30113790
thanks
>>
>>30113796
You're welcome
>>
>>30113808
>>30113796
Now kiss.
>>
>>30113090

Your wish is my command (I actually didn't realize we could nominate in mystery or horror; I thought we were only using the categories from last time)

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/363792/let-her-in for horror

The nice thing it invokes a lot of classic horror tropes without falling into the trap of invoking them solely for the sake of invoking them. It's legitimately creepy, and the individual pieces all make sense in context, despite being recognizable tropes.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/340317/autophobia for sad

Lots of people write in free verse under the mistaken impression that breaking your sentences up at random intervals is Deep and Meaningful. This story shows how to use free verse to good effect, with the breaks and stutters natural and meaningful. Plus, the unique take on Star Swirl is worth the price of admission by itself; this is more than just another immortal angstfic.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/338885/lapidify-to-see-and-die for horror and thriller

The way this story combines a victorian storytelling style with a far-flung corner of Equestria's world just works, period. And it makes the cockatrice into a legitimately terrifying creature, which is no mean feat. But most of all, it keeps the tension up throughout, which is why I'm nominating it for both horror and thriller, despite it lacking the latter tag.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/291302/analemma for mystery

There's not a lot I can say about this story without spoiling the mystery element, but that's okay; even without the "who's telling this story?" question, this holds together as a character study told by a secondary character; watching Celestia from the MC's perspective, and slowly unraveling when this takes place and what's happening, is a real treat.
>>
File: Like_literally.png (325KB, 779x694px) Image search: [Google]
Like_literally.png
325KB, 779x694px
>>30113538
You realize that story spawned, like, literally a billion knockoffs, right?
>>
>>30115720
That's how it becomes widespread headcanon for unimaginative fucks everywhere
>>
>>30115686
I actually have a few of those in my RL list. I'll give them a read tomorrow, since they're short.
>>
>>30113538
>best short psychological horror
Honestly, it's pretty shitty. Where's the fishbowl come from and where's it at? If teleportation creates a copy, isn't there an infinite loop of fishbowls full of corpses once the copy teleports out? Why do they use a spell that's so fucking inefficient it requires double the length of teleportation AND converting enough energy to matter to create a copy? Why would anyone want to create a spell that leaves the original to die a horrible death, let alone test it on themselves to make sure it works? Wouldn't Twilight die immediately of asphyxiation from the lack of oxygen after the first few hundred copies used up all the air? And most importantly: why is it so grimdark and edgy? Half of these issues can be solved by just not making it so edgy.

>>30113702
It's Twilight teleporting to a giant glass sphere full of her own corpses, a copy of her is then created out of thin air and teleports out, leaving her to die from thirst.
>>
Meanwhile In reverse fimfiction!
>>
>>30117871
Thank You for this fic, I appreciate every My Little Pony fanfiction that is produced because it took so much time and effort for the writer to make, regardless of the content.
>>
>>30117871
I can't wait for Bleeding Equine's next masterpiece!
>>
>>30117871
I've published several conventional stories, but I just can't seem to master the poetic intricacies of greentext. I guess I just can't call myself a true author yet. Anyone else feel frustrated by that most refined and ethereal form of writing?
>>
>>30117871
Big Vagintosh get
>>
>>30118688
fuckin' a
>>
>>30117871
Voicegirl makes me hard
>>
>>30117664
>Where's the fishbowl come from and where's it at?
Pocket dimension, the space between space corresponding to the teleporter's teleportation signature
>If teleportation creates a copy, isn't there an infinite loop of fishbowls full of corpses once the copy teleports out?
Who says teleportation works there? Apparently it doesn't; you can't teleport out of your own signature.
>Why do they use a spell that's so fucking inefficient it requires double the length of teleportation AND converting enough energy to matter to create a copy?
It's an ancient, arcane spell that very few master. Obviously they don't really know how it works, or they wouldn't do it.
>Why would anyone want to create a spell that leaves the original to die a horrible death, let alone test it on themselves to make sure it works?
Teleportation may need to destroy the original and create a copy anyway. The unicorn who invented it just didn't realize the original is deposited in a pocket dimension instead of disappearing.
>let alone test it on themselves to make sure it works?
Now that's just a silly question. Obviously they tested it on themselves, and it worked fine, just as does for Twilight every time.
>And most importantly: why is it so grimdark and edgy?
It's not. It's just a dark concept, but handled tactfully and left to the imagination. There are no descriptions of the descent into proxy self-cannibalism or madness—it doesn't even have a gore tag! It is enough that when Twilight arrived, an emaciated Twilight tried to kill her, shouting "murderer." That is sufficient for the imagination.

>It's Twilight teleporting to a giant glass sphere full of her own corpses
Now you're just making stuff up. It's not glass. It's a finite pocket dimension of some kind, the space between space through which she "travels" during teleportation.
>>
>>30113093
I vow to find a decent mystery story to nominate before the week is over.
>>
>>30119243
its friday afternoon. you dont have to promise the impossible
>>
> nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/369974/vows-made-in-wine for Sad

I know it doesn't have a Sad tag, but I think it fits well in this category. It's been a while since a story has managed to sucker-punch me in the feels this hard, and I'm very grateful to Mr. Numbers for describing a problem I've struggled with in a way that others can understand.
>>
>>30112913
Bumpin
>>
>>30119773
Well, what else am I going to do over the weekend?
>>
>>30118690
But Big Vagintosh always ends up getting the get...
>>
File: comfy stalin.png (51KB, 374x354px) Image search: [Google]
comfy stalin.png
51KB, 374x354px
>>30121902
Some things remain universally constant.
>>
Bamp
>>
>>30122739
Bimp
>>
>>30123335
blimp
>>
File: 1315623.png (826KB, 1476x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1315623.png
826KB, 1476x1070px
Is there at least one good fimfic about occultism but with ponies? Some /x/-tier stuff. Something about dark magic and the occult.
>>
>>30124224
no
>>
>>30112913
What is the whole Utaan series actually about?
"Rainbow Dash flies east" doesn't exactly trigger my imagination to make me want to read all those horsewords to find out.

>>30124224
I guess? I quite liked this one https://www.fimfiction.net/story/180891/the-drowned but it's never going to be finished.
Other than that just read Words Failed Her again.
>>
>>30124357
>Rainbow Dash flies east
But that's what she's been doing for the last 8 books. Obviously this involved all kinds of adventures.
>>
>>30124372
Yeah, but are they exciting adventures?
>>
>>30124385
Generally yeah. But they tend to be very inflated - building up for 50 chapters and then unfolding for another 50, from like 5 different points of view. But it's all action, little sightseeing. The main cast reached 13 characters at one point. Books 2-4 are considered weaker than the rest though.
>>
File: 1494915285981.jpg (78KB, 843x558px) Image search: [Google]
1494915285981.jpg
78KB, 843x558px
>>30112913
What are some good Pinkie stories where she's the main protagonist, and there's serious stakes at play?
I'll settle for any story where she's the main hero but I especially would love ones that test her to her limits.
>>
Retard are crazy.
>>
>>30124413
>>30124385
The first book is by far the best, and it can be read as a self-contained story on its own, though you will be left with a lot of questions
>>
>>30126770
>self-contained story
>left with a lot of questions
Which is it?
>>
>>30127630
Both. It's not uncommon.
>>
>>30127630
You can have a self-contained story and still be left with a lot of questions. The 1982 version of The Thing is a great example of that in video form, and the aforementioned fic Let Her In does a good job of it, too.
>>
>>30113208
Now

At the risk of jinxing everything super hard, I can finally say I have a working computer.

Is it stream ready? We'll find out tomorrow at 11:30 PST.

Holy fuck I hope it's stream ready
>>
>>30128532
stream hype bump
>>
I feel like having a wank to prurient pony prose.

Any recommendation?
>>
File: Untitled.png (95KB, 1041x665px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95KB, 1041x665px
>>30128532
Oh my good fucking lord, this is the worst thing I've ever read.

I honestly don't understand how Kudzu could look at this and say 'Yep, this is healthy. This is something a society could live on'

I don't...
>>
>>30130592
>Foals were also conveniently sent off to boarding schools and private universities so they wouldn't be in the way.
That's not unlike how schooling worked for high society from the mid-19th to the the late 20th centuries. Even today, public boarding schools in Britain are popular for the social elite (public in Bongistan is equivalent to Private in Burgerstan)
>>
>>30130627
You forget, that's the high society and social elite.

Every single unicorn that's born or will be born is taught that he's better than the other races because of how neurotic and emotionally distant, almost dead, they are in comparison.
>>
>>30130592
Kudzuhaikusodoku has this habit of trying to make every kind of pony culturally distinct, but ends up taking it so far that it by and large ceases to make sense.

Like that nonsensical swatting debacle.
>>
>>30130712
Maybe most unicorns are high society? Idfk.
>>
>>30130736
I learned of this faggot's name two days ago when some other faggot called this guy worse than HPMOR. Which is fucking laughable.

Why do we all hate this faggot now? Did he piss someone off?
>>
>>30130842
>I learned of this faggot's name two days ago
And here I thought we've been the same two or so dozen assholes since the very first threads.
How new are you to these threads that you haven't heard of kudzu The Fart haiku?
>>
>>30130842
>Why do we all hate this faggot now?
I don't hate him, I just thinks he writes subpar and at times laughable fanfiction.
>>
>>30130842
I don't hate the man.

"Her adopted daughter Sparkler on the other hoof, was no slouch. She had been raised by earth ponies. And while earth ponies had different table manners than pegasi, they found humour in bodily functions, and appreciated a good belch or a ripping bit of flatulence. For Sparkler, the transition in table manners had been stunningly easy. Sparkler’s earlier belch was almost deafening."

I hate his content
>>
>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/359176/pandemic for drama, human, mystery
On Earth, residents of a small town in Colorado find themselves slowly turning into ponies. In Equestria, Twilight and Glimmer investigate strange magic emanating from a sealed-up house on Old Canterlot Way.

Despite the premise, this fic does an amazing job of staying true to canon. The depiction of magic, for example, is pretty much spot-on in the early chapters, though later it does get a little more technical as Twilight and Glimmer's investigation continues. And more importantly, even though the story takes a more serious tone than the show, problems still get solved with friendship and understanding rather than direct confrontation.

Note: the drama tag is mainly because much of the Earth-side plot focuses on the Tanner family trying to deal with their existing personal issues at the same time as the new pony-related problems. There's still some drama on the pony side, but not as much.
>>
>>30130842
>Doubling over and clutching her guts, Rainbow Dash farted in reply, a trumpeting blast worthy of her pegasus nature. “Oh my gosh… I’m so glad my plot didn’t just explode,” Rainbow Dash muttered, ignoring Twilight Sparkle’s question. “The last time I farted it was lumpy. By the way, never ever go into a bathroom after Rarity gets done filling up the thundermug… may cause blindness Twi.. the Element of Generousity leaves behind a stench that generously lingers forever.”
>>
File: mother of god.jpg (76KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
mother of god.jpg
76KB, 443x600px
>>30131074
>>
>>30124385
Adventures throughout the series include:

fighting an entire brood of dragons and their matriarch, which is a god-tier ancient being older than the two sisters

traveling through a country in the middle of an all out war with their neighbour with some companions, getting hunted by a psychopathic recurring villain the whole time.

Escaping an ancient pegasus city filled with zombies and a smooze (original smooze not the gen4 one) like eldritch horror
>>
>>30131490
three adventures in the span of a billion words? neat
>>
>>30132025
Three out of dozens, you silly filly.
>>
>>30131074
Truly the James Joyce of the fandom.
>>
>>30132816
Somewhere in a dingy alleyway behind an open-mic poetry bar, a piss-stained darf weeps.
>>
>>30132839
Why an open mic poetry bar, specifically?
>>
Bimp
>>
>>30132529
Do all of them serve a narrative purpose and move the plot along?
>>
>>30134244
Yeah, most of them tie to the central plot of the story (reignite the twelve pillars of the machine world to stop the end of the world).

Then you have the sideplots (the pegasus sex crater, 80% of Ledomare, whatever the city of techno-mercenaries was called) which also do, but in a very roundabout way, but serve to flesh out the world, characters, and interactions.

And there's stuff like Lerris, which is just a "fuck you for enjoying this story".
>>
Who can I pay to write me watersports clop?
>>
page ben
>>
Okay guys, I wanna write a 2nd person /ss/ but fimfic doesn't like that, is there anyway I can go around that? Like age regression magic maybe or smth?
Or am I forced to write it about a colt or some other species?
>>
>>30135808
Write it in 2nd person but imagine that you're a colt.
>>
>>30135866
Well, yeah, but I'd like to keep it humandkidxmare.
>>
>>30135878
easy solution- little ponies actually arent so little, so your TOTALLY ADULT protagonist is only 4 foot nothing and 70 pounds with a little, hairless crotch and your mare rapist towers over him in comparison
>>
>>30135808
>fimfic doesn't like that
Since when? "2nd person /ss/" is literally the premise of https://www.fimfiction.net/story/327286/velvet-touch, which got featured.

>Or am I forced to write it about a colt or some other species?
Oh, never mind, I didn't realize you meant THIS particular form of degeneracy
>>
>>30135926
Yes, but I wanna play on the whole 'too innocent' x super aggressive mare, so I'd have to go with him being turbo autistic. Can't they host their servers in china or smth so they can get rid of this kinda shit?

>>30136058
It was a great fic Anon, I fapped on it at least 10times. Good job.

Oh.. huh, what about a satyr? Do you guys think they'd let me use an underage satyr? Has it been done before?
>>
>>30136101
>Can't they host their servers in china
Probably not, and it wouldn't help anyway

>Do you guys think they'd let me use an underage satyr?
Gonna guess "no" because they also forbid underage anthros. But go ahead and ask a mod if you like
>>
Fimfic is hosted in UK right?

RIP
>>
>>30136101
>I'd have to go with him being turbo autistic
pretty standard HiE territory there, so whats the problem?
>>
1 hour

Pre stream jitters always gets me
>>
>>30136309
30 minutes

Let's have some fun today
>>
File: 1460214950648.gif (211KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460214950648.gif
211KB, 600x400px
>>30136541
I'm at the edge of my seat.
>>
>>30136541
What am I in for? t. newfag itt

Is this basically just narrating in real time?
>>
>>30136586
>in real time
I mean live. You get the point though
>>
>>30136586
Nah, I'm editing the audio. Anyone can suggest edits and just generally talk about how shit The Chase is.
>>
>>30136586
If it's like the other times, he's going to edit his narration of The Chase, and we can suggest things to add.
Also, general tomfoolery.
>>
>>30136607
>>30136604
We also try and get Kudzuhaiku to join us.

He hasn't yet.
>>
>>30136618
We've only invited him three times so far, he might come one day.
>>
>>30136666
why would he ever come?
>>
>>30136666
Super satan deems it, Kudzu-chan will join us one day

Also, five minutes

twitch.tv voiceguystreamswhatever
>>
>>30136700
Curiosity? Ego? Anon's satan quads summon him?
>>
>>30136745
And we've begun
>>
>>30136786
Done

Good god this was probably the worst yet
>>
>>30137761
The finished product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNwndsHySDc&feature=youtu.be
The Chase by Kudzuhaiku chapter 5: Cheerilee's big heist

I'm gonna nap for a few years now.
>>
Funnily enough, I'm actually on book 5 of Austraeoh (in "the pegasus sex crater" in fact), and I just finished a chapter that Kudzu could almost have ghostwritten (involving an interplay of sex and flatulence) (I would have spoiler tagged that but I can't tell how that's supposed to work).

And for other large narratives, has anyone else here tried to get through Forgiveness Pending?
>>
>>30138390
>involving an interplay of sex and flatulence
God damn it, I had already forgotten about that.
As if my character wasn't enough of a joke by that point already, I had to endure the fart jokes for months.
>>
>>30130592
Already posted on the video, but for the thread's sake: whatever else you can say about the story, it makes clear that this was NOT healthy and has seriously messed up Bucky. Though if the question is how this has lasted so long...
>>
>>30138390
ctrl+S newfriend
>>
>>30138390
>has anyone else here tried to get through Forgiveness Pending?
Ive gotten through both memory and forgiveness. why do you ask?
>>
>>30139968
Just curious, it didn't seem to have come up. And 15 chapters/100K words in it seems to have issues getting past "this guy is a probability-defying klutz who thanks to PTSD from his previous life can't make up his mind how he feels about Twilight and Fluttershy (or society in general), and Twilight keeps reinforcing it by being a possessive, temperamental flip-flop", and it seems like it should be played for laughs except then it's all serious. It somehow seems like something that would come up here. Though I am still working through it as time allows.
>>
>>30140104 huh kinda surprised i hadnt posted a review back when i had read it, but it is mostly forgettable.
forgiveness wasnt nearly as good as memory.
but yeah hes all paranoid and wishy washy until the very end.

but its a genetically engineered, conquest-through-rape, tentacle monster WMD filled with infinite kitty jizz from an alternate dimension, so of course on again/off again herd shipping makes perfect sense.

seriously though you could have stopped at the end of the first one and called it quits. IIRC the separate clop chapters were pretty bad as well
>>
>>30140251
>filled with infinite kitty jizz from an alternate dimension
u wot
>>
>>30140251
I did actually read Memory quite a while back and stopped after the "sad ending"- I do that with a lot of longer series before coming back for the next part. But yeah, it was mainly curiosity about one of the longest stories on the site, with much less notoriety than things like DOAM or Infinite Loops.
>>
>>30140293
he had a planets worth of dna tucked away inside a pocket dimension located inside his balls. he was literally designed to repopulate through rape.

The alternate dimension aliens were essentially kilrathi in order to avoid using the human tag

>>30140304
>one of the longest stories on the site, with much less notoriety than things like DOAM or Infinite Loops.
if something is notable yet rarely gets mentioned theres usually a pretty good reason for it.
>>
>>30119243
Well, I found several unremarkable ones, and a few where the mystery plays second fiddle to other plot points.

I'll keep trying tomorrow.
>>
>>30117871
>TCB was so good and finished impeccably that no one dared write a fan sequel or AU take on the concept.
>every writer is happy and content with their life and never writes blog posts about their depression or deletes their fics in fits of manic rage
>FO:E was forgotten after it was abandoned three chapters in
>The Chase holds the record for the shortest fic on the site
>Norsewords only updates once every three years while Night's Favoured Child was finished a month after it started and was total shit
>/fimfic/ finished both the superstorm and encyclopedia collab, resolved the tiebreaking issue with the recommended list, and made a neat image for it--all within weeks of starting each

>>30118800
>Who says teleportation works there?
The copy that's created teleports out.

>they don't really know how it works
The original person who created the spell would have to know how it works since they created it.

>tfw the asphyxiation issue's not addressed

>>30130592
>a foal or two
So unicorns either have a 0 or -1 population growth rate?

>the entire unicorn society is fucked up beyond belief
It'd be an interesting look at a culture imploding in on itself like the Roman Empire--especially with the hedonism and decedent parallels--but somehow I doubt that was the intention.

>>30135808
Simulated cheese pizza's banned, so you have to make them ponies. No anthro or human.

>>30136101
>what about a satyr
I'd assume that would count as anthro.

>>30136162
Their IP used to route to Philadelphia, but now that they're using Cloudflare, who knows.
>>
>>30141792
>simulated cheese pizza is banned
"How old are you Applebloom?"
"Old enough."
"Well, alrighty then."
*unzips*
>>
>>30141792
>>30141998
Yeah, I guess I could find a way to 'hint' at 'you' being underage without explicitly saying so.
But I'm not skilled enough, yet, so I guess I'll have to wait.
>>
>>30142342
you could always misdirect people by using different degeneracy, such as having your protagonist remove his diaper or feetie pajamas prior to the fucking
>>
>>30137948
This is what Bucky looks like
>>
>>30142969
I said shota Anon, not toddler shit.
Pajamas are a good idea tho.
>>
>>30142987
is that a fang?
>>
>>30143117
Yep

Tiny, isn't it?
>>
>>30143376
eh the giant dildo horn compensates for it i guess
>>
The 7DSJ: Downtempo sidefic updated yesterday.

Not sure if anything interesting actually happens in it.
>>
>>30143661
what was that one about?
>>
>>30142987
As someone who never read that, what the fuck? Does the story revolve around him turning into a sableye or something?
>>
>>30144233
I think Pinkie in Book IV, remembering shit that happened off-screen in Book 1, where she pretty much goes to her birth town in the sticks and is evaluating if she loves Sunset Shimmer.

Also stuff about her getting raped as part of that date rape drug group that got 7DSJ so involved in this thread in the first place years back.
>>
>>30145444
Ah
>>
Last bump.
>>
>>30143661
>Not sure if anything interesting actually happens in it.
Nope. Ponk is super emo, she has the hots for Sunset, and her mom is a bigot. That's about all there is to it so far. No invisible wolves or magical WMDs to be had, unfortunately.
>>
finished a stitch in time. kinda slow paced and wasnt as entertaining as hard reset. not much to say beyond im moving on to you cant fight fate.

is the queen twilight one worth bothering with?
>>
Threadly reminder to nominate things for the "best new fics" list.

Tomorrow I will put together a preliminary schedule for the voting process, laying out the order of voting for the various categories. Voting for the first pair of categories will start a week from Friday.

Also, we need to decide how many winners to select from each category. Some categories are small, and it doesn't really make sense to pick three winners when only 4-5 fics have been nominated. One option is to have a vote to classify categories as "major" (3 winners) and "minor" (1 winner). We could run that poll this weekend. Another option is to set a specific cutoff, such as categories with 1-5 fics get 1 winner, 6-9 fics get 2 winners, and 10+ fics get 3 winners.

Thoughts?
>>
>>30147731
>im moving on
I hope you get to say the same after reading it.

>>30147871
>One option is to have a vote to classify categories as "major" (3 winners) and "minor" (1 winner)
Why not just winners and runner-ups?
>>
>>30147992
>Why not just winners and runner-ups?
You mean one winner and one runner-up from each category? Or that for major categories, the top fic should be called "winner" and the next two should be called "runner-up"?
>>
>>30147871
>>30147992
>>30148252
How about just a straight up/down vote, fics with more up than down votes get added to the list, in order, fics with more down than up get thrown out.
>>
>>30147992
>Why not just winners and runner-ups?
progressivism.
there are no losers and everyone who participates gets a trophy. everyones a winner
>>
>>30148688
you lose
>>
Anyone have any preferred youtube channels or videos that are helpful for writing?
Here's my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErSSa3CaP_GJxmFpdjG9Jw because it's a really in depth look at how movies make stories work, I know it's not super applicable to literary work, but it's still good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A is an entertaining channel that's fun to watch and should hold your ideas against what he presents
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusb0SpT8elBJdbcEJS_l2A/videos is kind of a middle ground between those two, focused primarily on mythology
>>
>>30142987
What's the lore behind having an emerald shoved into his eyesocket?
>>
>>30149565
Who knows? I'm at chapter 5, and I've already given up trying to understand anything.
>>
As the 26th looms closer, it becomes painfully obvious I won't be able to submit my story for monochromatic's RariTwi contest.

Guess I'll just recycle the plot for a different ship and write it later on.
>>
>>30147731
>is the queen twilight one worth bothering with?
I mean if you're reading them in the first place might as well go for the whole package.

That said it was written to be shocking, but since you're on 4chan already it's probably just going to be kinda boring.
>>
>>30150799
>it's probably just going to be kinda boring.
i figured as much since its got all of the edge tags.

honestly I only got through Stitch because it was so short. Hard reset was pretty fun but Stitch really wasn't all that interesting and being boring is just about the worst sin fiction can commit
>>
>>30150393
That was obvious 3 weeks ago, anon
>>
>>30151069
Pretty sure it was just written because the author had this story set up about a super-twisted insane character, and he decided "what if I make a really detailed description of all the horrible things she'd do?"
Except (and I really don't want to sound like "muh secret club" but it's true) he went into it with a mindset of someone used to fimfiction and "normie" internet. so stuff like forced impregnation is supposed to be utterly revolting and sickening.

If you like Luna though you might find the story sad, because Luna does not fare well in it.
>>
File: even_Pinkie_is_horrified.png (138KB, 852x844px) Image search: [Google]
even_Pinkie_is_horrified.png
138KB, 852x844px
>>30131074
>>
File: unicorns_are_majestic_creatures.png (753KB, 1597x1708px) Image search: [Google]
unicorns_are_majestic_creatures.png
753KB, 1597x1708px
>>30135878
>I'd like to keep it humandkidxmare.
>>
>>30130592
>Oh my good fucking lord, this is the worst thing I've ever read.

It's fucked up, and with such a low birthrate unicorns appear to be on the verge of extinction within another generation, but it's far from the worst thing I've ever seen. If it's the worst thing you've ever seen you must be very, very new to fanfiction generally, and I envy you your innocence.
>>
>>30152001
In my defense, I've been writing other stuff.
>>
I need something cute and fluffy. Has anyone done anything cute and fluffy recently on FIMfiction? Preferably something short--I am not sure I have the focus or dedication to climb any quarter-million-word walls-o-text just now. Thanks.
>>
>>30152357
>“Can’t be as bad as Applejack,” Twilight murmured, allowing herself to drop her usual guard against such subjects. She rolled over in her bed and wrapped one foreleg over Rainbow Dash, pulling her close and holding her, and finding much to her surprise that Rainbow Dash did not try to resist. “One time, and I’ve never told anypony this, but Applejack just let herself into my bathroom at the library while I was showering. She came in, sat down, started reading a newspaper, and even tried to talk to me while I was in the shower like it wasn’t a big deal.”

>“Yeah… Applejack did that to me when we were in Manehatten helping Rarity and staying in that big hotel room. She just came right in while I was in the tub and started talking to me about the sweet corn harvest as she was dropping hot plot dumplings in the gravy bowl,” Rainbow Dash responded as she snuggled up a little closer to Twilight and allowed herself to be comforted.

>“Is that what friendship is?” Twilight inquired in a low voice, whispering in Rainbow’s ear as she cuddled against her friend’s back feeling disgusted by Rainbow’s words but also somewhat aroused by holding Rainbow Dash so close.

>“What do ya mean Twi?” Rainbow replied.

>“I mean, is that what friendship is… being so comfortable with somepony else you can just walk in on somebody and feel safe… you know… pooping in front of them or in the same room as them,” Twilight explained in a strained voice.

It's a real shitfic.
>>
>>30150393
>painfully obvious I won't be able to submit my story for monochromatic's RariTwi contest
s a m e

I am just not creative enough to string together a coherent plot. If I could just get a solid outline going that I'm happy with, I'm positive that I could crank out the five or so thousand words of it, but fuck me sideways am I terrible at the whole originality and creativity thing.
>>
>>30153072
Huh...
I could give you my outline and see if you can write it before the 26th.
>>
>>30153581
it'd be shit lmao
I gotta finish grinding this even in WoWs first ^:)
>>
>>30153072
Plots I have. What I lack is energy and focus to write tens of thousands of words to bring the outline into readable form, if anyone would want to read it in the first place.
>>
>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/183040/besides-the-will-of-evil for adventure and alternate universe

I mean, someone should, right? Dangerous Business is already in the first starter pack, might as well put the sequel in the new one. It's a fun story, especially when it starts to become this towering prose epic about a third of the way through. When it was coming out, people would complain that it was too dark, but when you read the whole thing in one go it's kind of refreshing how credible a threat Reizigier is. I mean, he almost wins.

Plus, it's nice to have a fic where all six main ponies are truly important to saving the day, and they undoubtedly are here.
>>
>>30153797
>Dangerous Business is already in the first starter pack, might as well put the sequel in the new one
if the original is already in there do we really need the sequel too?
>>
>>30153797
>approve https://www.fimfiction.net/story/183040/besides-the-will-of-evil
>Besides the Will was still updating when the first starter pack was being made
Jesus, time really does fly. I kinda miss Jetty.

Anyway, I whole-heartedly approve. It may be a sequel, but I feel it's a completely different beast than Dangerous Business (just like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings) that stands on its own as a great story with some of the best character development I've seen in an adventure fic.

>>30154683
>if the original is already in there do we really need the sequel too?
When you have a story that is just as great, and probably even better than the original, then I'd say yes.

>end
>>
Can someone point me to some fics focusing on spits and the wonderbolts?
Preferably finished works
Thinking of writing something and want some references
>>
>read Slouching Towards Canterlot (https://www.fimfiction.net/story/366340/slouching-towards-canterlot) hoping for some futuristic worldbuilding
>it's Blade Runner
>and it's shit because it's only 6k long and the plot needs a 50k story to flesh everything out

>>30152458
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/358008/a-little-bit-of-nothing was cute and fluffy if you like Flutterdash.
>>
>>30155521
Seconding this.
I just realised I've never read any bolt centric fic. They've always played bit parts or secondary characters at most, in the case of Spitfire.
>>
>>30155521
I'm not sure I'd want to see anything focused on them.
Theyre usually portrayed as either just a stunt team, or as pony special forces commandos posing as a stunt team and neither one sounds all that interesting
>>
File: 1495508188450.png (2MB, 1329x940px) Image search: [Google]
1495508188450.png
2MB, 1329x940px
>>30156964
stories where you get to see some daily life and overall mechanics of the wonderbolts are what i'm looking for
If they are secondary that's fine i guess, as long as they are still a major part

>>30157795
I've seen some mention that they are a a disaster relief force (as well as a special military unit?), but not much about it specifically. I'd rather not have to build up my own wonderbolts headcannon

How about some fics that delve into what makes life in the cloud cities different/unique?
>>
File: lisaonice8_thumb.png (169KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
lisaonice8_thumb.png
169KB, 512x384px
>be writer
>get PM
>get request for a story
>request is a complicated convolution of bad grammar errors that seems to be a story that you don't see yourself doing.
>reject
>get another request from the same guy
>it's the exact same damn thing, but with some things added to it
>tfw you have to point out that you've already said no to this, and no amount of additional info is gonna help.
>>
>>30158846
There's only onr thing you can do, Anon.

Share the request with us. Either that, or send him Bleeding's way.
>>
>>30158846
Is this from a dragon whisper something?
Because I had that guy do the exact same thing to me
>>
File: large.png (626KB, 1076x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
626KB, 1076x1024px
Anyone have a favorite NSFW fic?

Loved "Not now, big brother" myself, "realistic" writing.
>>
File: coloncaretrightparanthesis.gif (546KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
coloncaretrightparanthesis.gif
546KB, 255x255px
>>30158368
>How about some fics that delve into what makes life in the cloud cities different/unique?
The Rainbow Factory
>>
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/374196/going-with-my-gut

>When an attack is carried out at a Sapphire Shores concert, Coloratura trusts her instincts and cancels an upcoming concert in Trottingham when she develops a lack of trust for security at her concerts. However, a visit with Applejack eventually changes her mind about the situation.

>*Dedicated to the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing on May 23rd, 2017 in Manchester, England. We stand with you!

Looks like it didn't even take 24 hours for someone to look at a horrible tragedy and say "this should be ponified."
>>
>>30159785
How to handle grown-ups
And To bed/serve a queen
>>
File: Oh_Trekkies_no.jpg (156KB, 384x500px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_Trekkies_no.jpg
156KB, 384x500px
>>30160286

I don't know, maybe this is how someone copes with trauma. I wouldn't want to give them too much grief over it, if that's what they need to process what happened.

I'll just cringe quietly to myself.
>>
File: This arouses me.gif (2MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
This arouses me.gif
2MB, 450x250px
>>30159785
Full Bloom.
I like to get emotionally invested in my porn, and this slowly drew me in to the point where I was short on breath as I read.
>>
Two updates on the voting.

One: https://www.strawpoll.me/13036663
Vote on which categories should get three winners instead of just one. This way we don't end up picking three winners out of 4-5 nominees for all the minor categories.

Two: Here is a preliminary schedule for the voting:
>06/02: Alternate Universe + Thriller
>06/09: Adventure + Sad
>06/16: Dark + Equestria Girls
>06/23: Drama + Human
>06/30: Romance + Horror
>07/07: Sci-Fi + Mystery
>07/14: Erotica + Slice of Life
>07/21: Comedy + Crossover + Tragedy
Voting for each set of categories will start on a Friday, and run all weekend. In between the votes, we can discuss and make last-minute nominations for the upcoming categories.

I may adjust the schedule slightly depending the results of the poll above.
>>
>>30159342
>dragon whisper something
Yes
>>
>>30161065
While I agree in concept, I think just one winner for other categories may be too little. Perhaps one winner and one runner-up as was proposed earlier could be an alternative.
>>
>>30161848
new categories are new, with relatively few stories using those tags, plus one has to consider the possibility that some of those categories dont have any stories worth 'winning'
>>
>>30163028
>one has to consider the possibility that some of those categories dont have any stories worth 'winning'
This. It's supposed to be a curated list of the best of the best - so pushing a mediocre story on there just because there weren't any better ones in its category doesn't make sense.

I think we need some kind of minimum threshold for a story to qualify as a winner - which may make even larger categories with like 6-7 (or more) stories have less than three winners, which is okay in my opinion
>>
https://youtu.be/Tpl6mSXo8po
>After a freak accident involving some lightning winds up zapping him dead, 15-year-old Mochizuki Touya wakes up to find himself face-to-face with God. But all is not lost! God says that he can reincarnate Touya into a world of fantasy, and as a bonus, he gets to bring his smartphone along with! So begins Touya's adventure in a new, anachronistic pseudo-medieval world. Friends! Laughs! Tears! Inexplicable Deus ex Machina! He sets off on a journey full of wonder as he absentmindedly travels from Place to Place, following whatever goal catches his fancy.

Apparently, some Japanese guy read Living the Dream and thought it would make for a great cartoon.
>>
>>30159785
My answer to this question will never not be "Like Fine Wine." I already liked Sparity as a ship but this was so early in my time in the fandom and was so searing hot that it permanently burned itself and the ship into my brain. Also what >>30160669 said definitely applies here too, porn with plot is absolutely my fetish.

I'm boring, sorry.
>>
Gonna throw out another late nomination here because why not, it's worth a look.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/373989/your-alicorn-is-in-another-castle for Comedy, Crossover

Princess Twilight gets kidnapped by the Koopa Troop. Because that's what they do and apparently it's her turn.

If this was written by nearly anyone else, my reaction would be an immediate cringe and/or groan, but I am compelled to trust Estee to deliver, and so far I haven't been disappointed. This is hilarious already, especially Twilight trying to reconcile the broken physics of a two-dimensional world of video game logic. It's new and unfinished, but there's already a nice meaty 10k words to start on, and given their history I trust Estee to finish the story in a timely fashion, so I don't see much reason to penalize/disqualify it for being unfinished.
>>
>>30163700
I second it.

Part of the gag was--on close reading, they got the wrong Princess in the first place, Koopas apparently being rather dim. It was Celestia they were supposed to kidnap, and she's still in the Royal Garden waiting for them.

And yes, the premise would be pure distilled cringe in most hands, but Estee is on a very short list of fanfiction authors who are just that good, who can make this work.
>>
>>30163787
>Part of the gag was--on close reading, they got the wrong Princess in the first place, Koopas apparently being rather dim. It was Celestia they were supposed to kidnap, and she's still in the Royal Garden waiting for them.

Wait, really? I sort of assumed it had already happened for Celestia some time ago, and it was just Twilight's turn now as a relatively new princess. I might have to go back and look closer at it. What tells did you see that suggested this?
>>
>>30163804
Celestia standing on a balcony, looking up and cursing that they're late is a strong hint. And the Koopas also all talk to Twilight like she has already been through the experience, because they thought it's Celestia again.
>>
>>30163813
Damn, I may have read that way wrong, I thought she was talking about the ultra boring dignitaries. Oh well, it's a good excuse to go through it again. Thanks for the added perspective. Although I still kinda liked the idea that it's just naturally Twi's turn at kidnapping now that she's a princess, which is sorta what I expected with the bit in the synopsis about it being her contractual obligation, like it was some fine print she missed in her ascension.
>>
>>30163700
I have to wonder how other fanfiction authors would have handled the prompt.

Bad Horse would probably have framed it as Twilight retelling the story, many years later, of a long philosophical conversation she had with Bowser about the justifiable use of force.

Cold in Gardez would have had her die during the abduction--perhaps accidentally overdosed with the chloroform-analog or whatever it was the Koopas used to subdue her at the beginning--and the story would have been told from the perspective of a sorrowful Royal Guard attempting to investigate the aftermath, thinking about how fragile life is when even alicorn Princesses can die, and how meaningless it all is if he can't even protect them.

Anyone else want to play this game?
>>
>>30163870
Mythril would have told a very simple comedy-SoL, but with detailes descriptions of the contents of the sewers through which they took Twilight.
>>
>>30163870
Andre would completely miss the point and write a subpar google translated action tale about Master Chief Mario falling in love with DAAAAASSSSSHIIIIIIIIII and being on the run from the evil secret agent Wario
>>
>>30163870
I dunno, CiG can do the comedy angle pretty well, I bet his version wouldn't look too dissimilar from Estee's.

Jetfire would probably play it straight and make a legit adventure epic out of it with Bowser being an actually credible threat to conquer Equestria.

I'd probably write about some combination of Twi, Spike and Peach fucking.
>>
>>30163870
Lunatic Scientist would have had the kidnappers turn her over to some sadistic villain type who just escaped from Tartarus. He wouldn't bother with a ransom note. He would torture her extensively for information about the current state of Equestria's defenses, obviously taking sexual pleasure from it, then kill her.

Imploding Colon would write a two million word epic about Twilight escaping and then having to journey home through a dozen bizarre and exotic alien worlds.

Navarone would write a three million word epic about her being rescued by a human. It would be in second person and all be obviously slightly edited greentext.

This is fun.
>>
>>30163870
I'd have Bowser cockvore her
>>
>>30163870
AegisShield would come up with an interesting spin on the idea and then promptly run it to the ground with piss-poor pacing, ooc-ness, and dumb endings.

Pen Stroke would make it about Nyx being kidnapped and the grand journey to bring her back.
>>
You guys got any good vampire shit to propose?
Not 'batpone' but real vampire stuff, romance, mind control/suggestion powers, that kinda shit.
I loved 'what's bitin ya twi' and 'Blood red as apple', and I guess 'corseted vampire'
Smut or not, I don't mind, I want to write a vampire story and I need references.
Didn't darf write one?
>>
>>30163870
GroaningGreyAgony would use the video game as a framing device for a "shaggy dog story" that would end with a horrible pun.

Dan's Comments would write a sixty-chapter epic about it from the viewpoint of a cranky middle-aged human observer who doesn't speak the language. He would work on it for years and leave it unfinished.
>>
>>30164111
>a sixty-chapter epic about it from the viewpoint of a cranky middle-aged human observer who doesn't speak the language. He would work on it for years and leave it unfinished.
actually...
>>
>>30161848
>Perhaps one winner and one runner-up
That could work, if it's limited to categories with at least 5-6 fics.

>>30163306
I don't think that's necessary. We don't even have categories for the absolute garbage tags like Anthro. The closest are crossover, EqG, and human, and at least EqG and human both have strong candidates nominated already.
>>
>>30163870
Shinzakura would write 700,000 words, with subplots about shapeshifting griffon commandos, a group of Koopa-supremacist cultists, zebras invading with fighter jets, Discord becoming a professional LoL player, and a love triangle between Luna, Pipsqueak, Roseluck, and Spike.
>>
>>30164283
By the way, 100 internets to anyone who can guess which actual subplots of which actual Shinzakura fics each of these is based on
>>
>>30164283
>love TRIangle
>four people
Am I missing a meme or are you retarded
>>
>>30164111
>Dan's Comments would write a sixty-chapter epic about it from the viewpoint of a cranky middle-aged human observer who doesn't speak the language. He would work on it for years and leave it unfinished.

And each problem would be solved by the human character with genius-level lateral thinking bordering on Insane Troll Logic. Offscreen. And only be hinted at in-story. And he'd have to explain it all in the comments.
>>
>>30164449
I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a joke which satirises All American Girl's love dodecaedrons. There's where fighter jet zebras come from, I think.
>>
>>30164180
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say 'w00t.'
>>
>>30163870
Estee himself could have turned this into a darkfic, or something with really black humor, just by setting it in, or making it a noncanon part of, the Canterlot Deportation Agency. Someone posted about this in the discussion thread.

Luna gets garbled fourth-hand reports that one or more Princesses have been Taken. Neither Twilight Sporkle nor Celestia can be found (Celestia's just off arguing with Bowser & Co's customer support hotline, which is probably in India, via the magical equivalent of cellphone). Luna opens the secret vault and starts paging quickly through Shit Hits the Fan Plans, and pulls out the one in which she goes to New Cynosure (the concentration camp in all but name for human visitors--accidental or otherwise--to Equestria who can't be sent back for whatever reason) and gets the short list of very proficient hardcases and killers, ranging from Black Ops types from worlds similar to our own to a battlemage from a Final Fantasy type world who got stuck in Equestria due to a magical mishap. This is the short list of very dangerous humans who get called on when Equestria gets a visit from an unusually resourceful and/or stubborn would-be multiversal conqueror, whom they may well outright kill depending on the circumstances (and yeah, this is canon to the CDA 'verse--it's a dark place) She announces that she needs help, that an innocent filly was brutally abducted off the streets of Canterlot earlier that day by mysterious flying beasts, and that no ransom note has appeared. Everyone knows what it means when a little girl disappears and the kidnapper doesn't bother to ask for ransom. She gets a number of volunteers, who had little sisters or daughters of their own. And into the pipe to World 1-1 goes Luna, at the head of a pack of heavily armed psychopaths and hired killers, who all have a very particular set of skills. This would go to horrible places but the journey might be amusing.
>>
>>30163870
Bleeding would have burned down any promise the idea had by maiing Bowser gut the Princesses and have sex with her innards, only to reveal that it had been a prank all along.
>>
>>30165042
a lot?
nah. maybe like 3 people
>>
>>30165790
Is that bleedin or bendy?
>>
OH SHIT NIGGA

Bad Horse just published another story, "Shut Up." It's gorgeously crafted, every word perfect, in that kinda-sorta-maybe Damon Runyon authorial voice he uses sometimes. And it's pretty fucking bleak.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/338701/shut-up

Some people bitch at him for his political blog posts, and I sometimes wonder if he's about to get driven off the site altogether. Which is a shame. I think he may be the single best writer on FIMfiction.
>>
>approve 352029/the-alchemy-of-chemistry
Saw this on the list and read it because it's got pony Sunset. It was all right, but I wasn't really a fan of how cruel Sunset was to basically everybody, even given her canon backstory as a bully. This does get better as the story goes on, which I guess is kind of the point.

I read the sequel, though, and it was great. Less bitchiness, less sleep deprivation, and more comfy.
>>
ump
>>
>>30168559
>>
>>30164319
Discord being an LoL player sounds like 7DSJ, but the rest of them pretty much are from AAG, right?
>>
It's been a couple weeks since my last visit to /fimfic/, what did I miss? Oh, you're all still going on about a handful of terrible fics/authors and Voiceguy, never actually discussing fic. So same as always. Carry on, mates.

Though that "Different authors take on a prompt" thing was hilarious.
>>
>>30170594
what you think that after 3 years were going to decide to change now?
>>
>>30170773
>i've been here for more than three years
Why?
>>
>>30170814
why not?
>>
>>30170773
I'm a romantic, anon. I always think that the next thread will be better than the last, even though it's never been true.
>>
>>30171159
The only way that happens is if the previous thread was exceptionally shitty
>>
File: bump.png (1MB, 5006x5070px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
1MB, 5006x5070px
>>
"cough" "cough"

we should do a revival of the collaboration?

"cough" "cough"
>>
>>30172110
One doomed project at a time.
Let's finish with the voting first.
>>
>>30152564
oh fuck
>>
>>30134649
Dirty Little Secret may do it for the right price
>>
>>30158846
>>30159342
>>30159271
POST IT POST IT POST IT
>>
>>30159785
Summer on Fire was pretty nice.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/214076/summer-on-fire
>>
>>30170955
>>30170814
as someone who's been lurking since 2013 I can tell you definitively that it's fucking awful and we would leave if we could.
>>
>>30172547
elaborate
>>
File: can I request a story.jpg (619KB, 1545x1003px) Image search: [Google]
can I request a story.jpg
619KB, 1545x1003px
>>30172468
Nothing too crazy.
I mean, I did tell him I was picky and he went with... this.
Then a couple days later he pm'd me again for a request, and if I watched the lemme smash video.
Didn't go farther.
>>
>>30173035
>/p
Did he copypaste this from DeviantArt?
>>
>>30173585
What does /p does?
>>
Anyone here have any recommendations for adventure - romance fics. Gotta find something to read this weekend.
>>
>>30173598
do* holy shit
>>
>>30173598
It shots web.
>>
>>30173786

I will never not recommend Daetrin's Apotheosis for an Adventure/Romance seeker. It's pre-alicornification TwiLuna set amidst gorgeous, imagination-catching worldbuilding.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/7335/apotheosis
>>
>>30173035
U gon get stalked.
>>
>>30174387
only stalked? we're losing our touch
>>
>>30172110
I'm up for it, although if we do the campfire stories idea we have to be quick since there's an episode doing it in about a month and a half.

>>30173598
</p> is the end paragraph tag for HTML. Every paragraph in HTML has to be tagged with <p></p>, so any time you have to start a new line/paragraph, you have to use </p> or it'll be a wall of text.

For some inexplicable reason, DeviantART not only requires HTML formatting for fics, but counts the HTML tags as part of the character limit, which is why I say fuck it and use Word formatting before exporting to a PDF if I upload anything on DeviantART.

I'm guessing he's so used to HTML formatting, that he automatically does it, despite Fimfic using BBCode and not requiring paragraph tags.
>>
>>30172636
if you dont know now you will soon.
>>
>>30112913
Look at what ya boy anon found lads

>>16386237
>>16476561

That's right fuckers, the first two threads of this dogshit.

It's been fuckin wild.
>>
>>30175782
Fucking wild that I used a name to make that second thread.

Why did I think that was a good idea?
>>
>>30174387
That's my fetish
I hope it'll be a cute girl(((male)))
>>
>>30173786
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/332128/a-sunlit-journey - a short but sweet Adventure/Romance one-shot

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/230072/twilight-sparkle-of-the-royal-guard - a good AU fic with interesting worldbuilding and great characterization that is also Adventure/Romance.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/34622/earth-sky - It's sort of a net-gen AU, so if you're particularly devoted to certain pairings you might be turned off by the ones in this story, but otherwise it's a nice Around the World in 80 Days style adventure with some decent romance sideplots.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/22706/aurora - The first multi-chapter fic I read, I'm not sure how well it's aged, but I remember it being a good TwiLuna fic that's more Thriller than Adventure, but I figure that might be close enough for your tastes.
>>
>>30175790
>wild
you seem to have misspelt 'cancerous', anon
>>
theres that double digit page number again
>>
>>30172468
I'm probably not gonna, since this will breach some sort of privacy law or whatever.
>>
>>30177251
>this will breach some sort of privacy law or whatever.
its a silly username attached to an account dedicated to horsefuckery.
HIPAA this aint
>>
Are you working on a story?
>>
>>30176128
No disagreement here anon.

But, then again, this is a general. Cancer is the rule. The norm.
>>
>>30177759
this

>>30177251
unless you live in some third world european shithole posti it.

In some US states we even have one party consent.
>>
>>30179055
lel no.
>>
>>30179702
yeah, also the guy is a random nobody and unless you're a real writer with a job on the line, no one would ever give a fuck about this kinda shit.
it's all in good fun
>>
>>30179055
I want to wrap my non-pony smut story and then go back to my other projects. I finally hammered out a solid outline for the next chapter of Blankness, so I'm pretty stoked about that.
>>
>>30179760
BULLY HIM. DO IT ANON.
>>
>>30179858
??
no, he's not a bad guy
I think
>>
>>30179872
B U L L Y H I M
>>
File: smug.png (153KB, 627x304px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
153KB, 627x304px
>>30179873
Bullying isn't nice, Anon.
>>
Whatever happened to HazardousHarvard? I just finished reading his AiE fic
I've read many incomplete stories with dead authors but this might just be the one that's killed me the most
>>
>>30180214
>Whatever happened to HazardousHarvard?
Well, lot of authors tend to just drop entirely and--

>I just finished reading his AiE fic
You have nobody to blame but yourself.
>>
>>30180205
B U L L Y
U
L
L
Y
>>
>>30180223
Stop that Anon, HiE is great.

>>30180235
And you stop that too.
Bullying is only for cute girls.
>>
>>30180407
>Bullying is only for cute girls.
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
Just gonna say that the story he requested involved Bill Cipher as a unicorn and Discord/Sunset bonding.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwTMSV_8f8

The Chase chapter 6 for tomorrow's stream.

Unless I puke and die or something
>>
>>30179055
Just finished my RariTwi contest story. Time to get back to my SunLight fic.

Amusingly enough, when I stopped working on it a month and a half ago, I apparently stopped in the middle of a sentence. So now I have a dependent clause and am trying to remember what the associated independent clause I was supposed to finish the sentence with is.
>>
File: 1455319976587.jpg (93KB, 679x592px) Image search: [Google]
1455319976587.jpg
93KB, 679x592px
>>30112913
>"I don't see what's so strange about popping a boner at Voiceguy's dulcet tones"
I kekd too hard and started coughing
>>
>>30180407
>HiE is great.
yeah but he brought up AiE, which is shit
>>
>>30179055
Nope. Instead, I spent three hours in Photoshop drawing a fantasy map of east Africa for a bunch of novels I'll never write.

On a related note, fuck patterns and your inability to color them.

>>30180214
His only blog post suggests he felt his wiritng was shit, was in the process of rewriting things, and then either gave up or hopped off the ride--probably the later since there wasn't a big "I'm leaving the fandom" blog post which pretty much guarantees your glued into your seat and aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>30181913
meh, that's the best setup you could hope for romance stuff.
rather, 3rd person is shit, and people always come up with retarded names.
>>
>>30183184
>people always come up with retarded names.
there is no name more retarded in existence than anon, anon
>>
>>30183604
I'm not your anon, anon
>>
>>30183604
You're wrong Anon, Anon is great.
Simply for the fact that people have called me Anon for years now. No-one ever called me John or Jack or whatever else these faggots came up with.
>>
>>30183677
bullshit. noone gets anon. to the vast majority of folks, anon is just some wacky mascot character. but everyone can find some connection to Dragoncock Edgeblade McDarkbane Esquire the Third.
>>
File: I wanna die.png (515KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
I wanna die.png
515KB, 800x800px
>>30183686
ikr
makes me think about that story that sounded great
and then I started reading it, and found out the MC is called 'citrine' or some shit
what the fuck
>>
>>30183697
>citrine
shit that sounds horrifyingly familiar
>>
>>30184660
Is this a story with BDSM and Celestia as a Domme who casts an orgasm-denial spell on her human sex slave? And he has amnesia, or something, and can't remember his life before coming to Equestria? And the ponies named him "Citrine" because he has yellow hair? That one?
>>
>>30184731
It must be that one yeah.
>>
>>30184731
This is relevant to my interests
>>
I need your help guys.

I'm looking for a clopfic. It has Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria, and she's welcomed by Flash Sentry. And since she's thirsty as fuck, she seduces him and they rut.

Except I can't find it anymore, I'm pretty sure it was deleted. Can't find it on fimfetch, which really surprised me. Even downloaded the latest fimarchive, but searching in it is hard and I got no result so far.

Fucking help.
>>
File: 1479338423505.jpg (141KB, 636x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479338423505.jpg
141KB, 636x599px
>>30184927
More like
>help fucking
amirite?
>>
>>30184856
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/266389/morning-noon-and-night

Caution, contains some weird fetish stuff--weird even for FIMfiction. Breast inflation, nursing, collaring, multiple-female-on-male reverse gangbang, pegging. Celestia is a hot, playful Domme, though.
>>
>>30184927
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/219950/12/red-shoe-diaries-equestria/episode-12---a-taste-of-home-sunset-shimmer-flash-sentry

bam bro
>>
>>30184731
>That one?
no. Jesus.
and google doesnt help. apparently theres OC citrines aplenty
>>
>>30181079

I didn't die.

But my computer did.

I'm on the verge of just crying
>>
>>30185843
What happened? /g/entooman here, perhaps I can offer some advice.

Unless it's physically dead, in which case RIP
>>
>>30186123
Well, dead is an exaggeration.

But it's not a few seconds on the desktop before it completely locks up. Nothing works and I have to push the restart button on the PC.
>>
>>30186313
not other guy but let me see if I understand this right. Windows loads and gets all the way to desktop, but then it freezes?

Let's see. Could be bad RAM. Could be corrupted or damaged OS files on the HDD. There are other possibilities but those are the two that come immediately to mind.

If I had the laptop and I could put it on the bench, so to speak, I'd pull out the HDD and put it in another box as a secondary drive, and let defrag and scandisk have a look at it. Maybe try to do a reinstall of the OS without wiping the saved files you have. Also boot from Linux live media and run memtest86, and see how the laptop behaves with a different OS.
>>
>>30186542
It's not a laptop.

Could what you said be applied to a regular PC?
>>
>>30186641
Yes, and it is in fact easier, as no adapter will be required to get the HDD to connect to the motherboard of the desktop PC for testing, so that allows us to skip a step.

Desktops are easy to fix. The internals are standardized and modular. Open a laptop and everything inside that case is proprietary and almost certainly specific only to that one make and model, unless the Chinese manufacturers are selling it to multiple importers who put different case badges on them. Either way just getting spare parts is a motherfucker.
>>
Bump so Voiceguy doesn't get forgotten
>>
File: 04 Vote.png (839KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
04 Vote.png
839KB, 1280x720px
All right, guys, here's the final voting schedule:
>06/02: Alternate Universe + Thriller
>06/09: Adventure + Sad
>06/16: Dark + Equestria Girls
>06/23: Drama + Human
>06/30: Romance + Horror
>07/07: Sci-Fi + Mystery
>07/14: Erotica + Slice of Life
>07/21: Comedy + Crossover + Tragedy

The process is a bit simpler than last time. There will be one strawpoll per category, and you can check all stories that you think would be acceptable winners for that category. There won't be a preliminary poll, like there was last time, since that would mean doing four votes each weekend, which is too many. However, feel free to discuss in the thread which stories you're planning on voting for, and why.

Even though the "nomination period" is over, nominations don't close until I actually make the poll for the category. So feel free to make last-minute nominations if there's a story we've missed.

>THIS WEEK:
Alternate Universe - http://198.27.67.67:8000/nominations/2
Thriller - http://198.27.67.67:8000/nominations/16

Which stories deserve to win? Discuss!
>>
>>30188229
We could use more Thrillers... I'll see if I can find something.
>>
>>30188669
I don't know him and I don't know anything about the situation, but probably the same reason anyone pulls anything.
>>
>>30188458

I just looked through my shelves, and found one. It's EqG too, which means we can stick it in two underfilled categories! Plus I'll toss a couple more fics on the less-full piles while I'm at it.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/365846/the-book-of-ended-lives for sad

It shows how to do "dead pets" without overdoing it to the point of silliness, and the idea of someone whose job it is to record the lives and deaths of animals is just such a setting-appropriate idea that I almost can't believe it took this long for someone to write a story about it.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/332084/cant for Horror

The key to this story is how subtle its horror element is - enough so that some readers miss it entirely, if the comments are anything to go by. But the more you think about Twilight's perceptions, and how they might change what she's seeing... there's a pretty terrifying premise buried here, and the way the fic makes you put it together yourself is great.

>nominate https://www.fimfiction.net/story/311508/a-girl-walks-home-alone-at-midnight for Thriller, Equestria Girls

A short, simple fic, but one which is brutally effective with its, well, brutality. It's effective precisely because it's quick and to the point, rather than bumbling about with exposition that the reader doesn't really need.
>>
double digit page number
>>
>>30184976
dislike inflation, but I'll suffer through for the rest.
Thanks anon
>>
>>30184976
>weird even for Fimfiction
>Breast inflation, nursing, collaring, multiple-female-on-male reverse gangbang, pegging
That seems pretty tame to be honest. The egg laying changeling stuff or diaperfags seem way weirder to me.

For me, nothing will ever top the guy that reviews weather balloons on Youtube, though. Not even Ohio Valley anon

>>30186313
Boot it in safe mode. If it still fucks up, you could try inserting the OS disk and trying to repair the OS.

Did you update or install anything (Windows Update, video card drivers, new game, etc.) right before this started? That could help you narrow down the potential cause.
>>
>>30184976
>tries to get in and simply ignore the name
>used 167 times
okay
commissions were a mistake
>>
>>30189923
>>
>>30190817
>guy that reviews weather balloons on Youtube
Link?
>>
And finally finished You Can fight Fate.

I'm not even going to bother with spoiler tags on something this old

weak.

Honestly shooting star wasnt that bad considering it only popped up very occasionally.

My biggest gripe is the fact that the big showdown between twilight/nightmare moon/old discord vs celestia/luna/new discord/regalia mostly takes place off screen and literally everything else is just window dressing/wrapping up

its bullshit, yo.

honestly be better off just reading hard reset and stopping there. I'm not even going to bother with the queen twilight one. And this series had way too much 'Life and Times' influence for me to be even remotely interested in the cloudkicker deadfic spinoff
>>
Are there any other stories like GhostofHeraclites Civil Serviceverse?
>>
>>30193073
>GhostofHeraclites Civil Serviceverse
I have no idea what that is but something tells me I should be thankful for that
>>
>>30193087
That depends. Do you enjoy black comedy about bureaucracy? It's actually mostly pretty well written. GoH is actually a fairly decent writer and usually doesn't produce crap.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/TheEquestrianCivilServiceSeries
>>
>>30193099
>Do you enjoy black comedy about bureaucracy?
could anyone?
>>
>>30193180
He does it well enough that you can get a chuckle out of it here and there. Think of it as "Dilbert" with ponies, if that helps a little.

Seriously. GoH is on the short-short list of FIMfiction writers like Cold in Gardez and Bad Horse and Estee and Dan's Comments who reliably and consistently produce non-shit.
>>
>>30193045
And now you understand this post: >>30080965
>>
>>30193208
Eh. Still don't get whats so laughable aside from me wasting my time
>>
>how come you haven't written anything

Because I fail every time I try to write something.

Waste of time.
>>
>>30193989
What would you consider a success?
>>
>>30194001
Not him, but I'd consider something a success that reached for and achieved something above the level of greentext we're-avin-a-giggle-m8 stuff that succeeds if we get a "kek" from someone. I haven't written anything better than that yet.
>>
>>30194240
You've got to put your heart into it Anon.
Also not procrastinate. If you got the inspiration you need to write it, everything, as much as you can all in one go.
>>
Oof
>>
Yiff
>>
>>30194909
I wish.

I have things in my mind all plotted out but they aren't the sort of thing anyone would want to read. I've talked about them in other fiction threads and gotten confirmation from other anons that the plot and story aren't worth pursuing and wouldn't make for pleasant reading.

So I will stick with short silly greentext and try to make the constrained nature of the form work for me by forcing me to write better.
>>
>>30193073
Skywriter wrote a Civil Service crossover about Candy Ass for his Cloudsdale cycle, and Flash Fog has some bureaucratic shenanigans.
>>
pmub
>>
Should I be hesitant to publish stories in genres that would probably get aggressively downvoted by haters?
>>
>>30198277
Is there such a thing?
I believe only the human tag brings angry peoples
>>
>>30198277
Don't publish your greentext.
>>
>>30198502
It isn't a tag, it's the subject matter.
>>
File: what are you talking about.png (54KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
what are you talking about.png
54KB, 383x383px
>>30198741
Isn't the tag supposed to go with the subject hand in hand?
>>
>>30198749
Tags only give a broad umbrella under which the story exists.

"Expect these themes", basically. A Slice of Life story could be about a camping trip or lunch with the Mane 6 and anything in between. All you know is what not to expect, really (no random chimera bursting out of the trees and leading to a huge battle).
>>
>>30198758
Well no, you can simply add the adventure tag and you have your lunch with the mane 6, then a chimera appearing.
Add the gore tag and someone's head pops off.
Doesn't mean the story isn't SoL still.

If you add the human tag, you know there's going to be humans in there, and thus becomes human themed.
>>
>>30198767
Well I wasn't talking about mixing tags. Obviously if you start mixing tags then you can integrate more types of content.

My story idea is purely SoL, however.
>>
>>30198775
Oh, okay but why would you do that?
I mean, why would you 'limit' yourself like that? If you wanna add a chimera attack, don't see why adding a tag would/should/could stop you.

But if you're >>30198277 then I don't see why SoL would bring downvotes, at all. I don't write much SoL, so I'm certainly not an expert on that, but I just can't believe SoL brings hate, at all. Heck, it must be one of the most wanted kind of fics, with comedy and romance.
>>
>>30198787
And that's where we get into the subject matter...

You want an example of the reaction I expect?

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/364304/apeejack

Read the comments, I'm worried I'll attract those kinds of douchebags. Plus this story has a high (near 50%) "Dislike" rate and I think it's only due to what it covers, not the quality of the work.
>>
>>30198809
That fic is unique tho.
First of all the name and description suggests it's a fetish fic, but rated T. It's also a fetish that many people finds disgusting, on the same level as fart or scat or vore or even snuff.
You can't expect not getting this kind of reaction. But that also means that these downvotes don't mean shit, they're just added by the same people that downvote everything with a fetish they don't like and don't bother reading.
Basically, unless your fic gets a lot of downvotes, but also and most importantly, a lot of negative comments, then you've fucked up somewhere.
If it's just downvotes without much negative comments then they're just empty and meaningless.
And this fic didn't get that many bad comments. It's just one autist sperging a lot.

And now to get back on the subject, if your SoL fic is a thinly veiled suggestive fetish fic, then you can't consider it simply SoL. We're not talking about AJ and rarara sharing tea here, we're talking about them pissing themselves.
And it would be the same if instead of omorashi they started to fart or smth.

So... you'd get a lot less dislikes if you simply added the 'sex' tag. I mean, idk man, this thing is a fetish fic, I don't see any way anyone could see it as something else. There's not much comedy, not much action happening. It's just AJ wanting to take a leak and nearly pissing herself.
Even if there's no sex in there, you should've added the sex tag.
Also the biggest autists surely are the ones with the mature filter on, so they won't stumble on your fic if you have it on.

That's the way I see it, at least.
>>
File: dare_you_enter.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dare_you_enter.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>30198809
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/364304/apeejack

>write repugnant fucked-up fetish shit
>story's setting makes it plain the main character is about eight years old
>get shocked and butthurt at the negative response

Bruh.
>>
>>30199639
>being judgmental

Ho-lee shit, you people.
>>
>>30199675
>presents us with disgusting fetish shit involving eight-year-olds
>doesn't get the hugbox treatment he's used to
>is shocked and butthurt when people are "judgmental" about the foalcon piss fetish material he chose to shove under our noses

u avin a giggle m8?
>>
>>30198809
>Plus this story has a high (near 50%) "Dislike" rate and I think it's only due to what it covers, not the quality of the work.
I freely admit that I can and will downvote things without reading them. If it has some retarded ass content then I dont give a damn about the 'quality' of the work
>>
Anyone read any older stories, like, over three yeas old? I stopped reading fanfics right around the time fimfiction became a thing, so all of my favourites are from Equestria Daily.

Anyone remember Bubbles? Or the Quest for the Friendship Stones? Simply Rarity?
>>
>>30200298
I do. I haven't read those particular stories, but yeah, I got into horsewords in 2011. I find that most of what I read is still older stuff, half of it abandoned by people who last logged in five or six years ago.
>>
>>30200298
I still read some of the shit I faved way back then yeah.
But I only read porn and comedy, so, yeah, not these.
>>
>>30200298

I've read all of those, and a lot of the other old EqD stuff. O remember authors like Pacce and Phoe, I remember when a new chapter of Fo:E was a major event, I remember, I remember, I remember...
>>
>>30200410
>porn and comedy

My two favorite things. Can anyone recommend well written examples of either or both, recently?
>>
>>30201645
There hasn't been much happening in months desu.
'Luna visits a stud farm' was really good. But just smut, no romance.
And 'bound to happen' by letterhead, that one was beautiful.
I haven't come around to reading little big pony's last fic, on fleur, but I'm quite sure it'll instantly ends up in my faves.
>>
>>30188229
Just looked through the AU nominations.

>Definitely voting for

Equestria Exiled - Background ponies in space. Nothing to add beyond my original nomination post.

Synthetic Bottled Sunlight
>approve 303160/synthetic-bottled-sunlight
Pretty interesting take on industrialized Equestria. It also seems to be doing some interesting things with the Luna/NMM story, but that part hasn't gotten much development yet.
>end

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon
>approve 247031/the-mare-who-once-lived-on-the-moon
The romance is nothing special, but it does a great job of setting up an alternate steampunk Equestria.
>end

>Not voting for

Re:Harmony - Too edgy.

The Alchemy of Chemistry
>reject 352029/the-alchemy-of-chemistry
This is a good fic, but it barely qualifies as an AU. The whole setting is the same except Sunset didn't go through the mirror. I've read the first four fics (all SoLs about Sunset at CSGU) and I don't think I've seen anything that's clearly inconsistent with canon.
>end

The Witch of the Everfree
>reject 252269/the-witch-of-the-everfree
Again, good fic, but not much of an AU. Sunset stays instead of going through the mirror, which has only minor effects on canon events.
>end

>Unsure about

The Freeport Venture
>discuss 214578/the-freeport-venture
Yet another "Sunset stays" AU. This one, however, is set far outside Equestria in a place that operates much differently. Not sure that's AU enough for me to vote for, but could be.
>end
>>
>>30202584
>discuss 247031/the-mare-who-once-lived-on-the-moon
>The romance is nothing special, but it does a great job of setting up an alternate steampunk Equestria.
Agreed, the romance is the weakest and least developed aspect of the story, but other than that this hsines as a great alternate universe of a steampunk Equestria.
>>
>>30201645
>both
comedic porn? is that a thing?
>>
>>30201645
>>30203383
Bendy
>>
Man, I just located one of the earliest fanfics I ever read on FIMFiction again.

What a treat.
>>
>>30203419
Which story is it?
>>
>>30203426
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/148526/rainbow-dash-takes-a-dump

Before you call me a deviant, I actually was directed to this story from /mlp/ so I blame this board. I was alerted to it the weekend it was published that was over three years ago, which is pretty impressive.
>>
Finally finished Dusk's Dangerous Game. I'll grant that maybe it hasn't aged the best between the Tyrantlestia, some wordiness and a slightly jarring ending, but as an epic-scale political thriller and war fic it really hit the spot and ended on a good note.

(Maybe The Night Is Passing or something like that fills that niche even better, but there are only so many hours in a day.)

As it happens I'm also finishing You Can't Fight Fate- maybe a bit anticlimactic, but less of a slog for me than A Stitch in Time was. Oddly both it and DDG have a few false endings in quick succession, but for me it really just helps to cool down after everything else.
>>
>>30203591
*You Can Fight Fate

you can't edit posts though, apparently
>>
File: 41.png (28KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
41.png
28KB, 300x100px
>>30203612
>you can't edit posts though, apparently
I find it amazing that new people still come to this hellhole.
>>
>>30203397
is awful.

>>30203591
>Finally finished
>I'm also finishing
why are you reading two different things simultaneously?
>>
>>30200390
>>30200410
>>30201567

Man... to think the peak of my involvement in the fandom was six years ago. This is the first time I've posted in a MLP forum in months, just got caught up with the episodes. So much has happened.
>>
>>30204831

The Cough, It's Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door, On Cross and Arrow...
>>
>>30192623
https://www.youtube.com/user/billoon45/videos

If you want something more specific, here's him reviewing (and fondling) a balloon who's manufacturer went out of business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhH16D3zRBo

>tfw you forgot to private browse so balloon fetish videos will soon inflate your recommended feed

>>30198277
Foalcon's the only one I think actively attracts "haters." Anthro, Human, etc. all have fans and can get quite popular.

Ultimately, who gives a fuck? It's a story posted on a horsewords site, it's not like your employer or family's going to track the success of your fic.

>>30198775
>My story idea is purely SoL
How would that attract haters? SoL's right up there with comedy when it comes to featurebait. The only possibility is it's SoL romance and you're doing an awful ship (Twi x Flash, Blueblood x Anyone, Canon x OC, etc.).

>>30198809
A) that's not SoL, that's a fetish clopfic.
B) it's watersports, one of the very niche fetishes that has no redeeming factors outside audiences might enjoy.
C) it's a single guy getting into an argument with a mod over him getting triggered by piss

>>30198922
>simply added the 'sex' tag
You can't add the sex tag if there's no sexual content, though. Stories must be accurately tagged so that readers (especially those who are actually interested in the content) aren't led on by false pretenses, even if that means triggering some autists.

>>30200298
>over three yeas old?
I've read a ton of oldfics. Sadly, I've forgotten the plots to most of them.

>Bubbles
Is that the feels one about CPS taking Dinky away?

>>30203591
>Dusk's Dangerous Game
I remember I dropped that after finishing Lines and Webs because of how stupid and over-the-top the Tyrantlestia got. Why is subtlety the thing the Tyrantlestia genre needs the most but gets the least of in fics?
>>
>>30205087
>sex tag
Yes, but in this case the content is... objective? I guess?
A fetish story is still sexual in nature. Even if there's no dicks or vagoos, it's still made to make your peepee hard. And /only/ that, there's no comedy or heartwarming romance in there.
I mean, you're the one that came up with the rules, but is it really a problem if a story gets a sex tag, while staying teen, for this kind reason?

>>30204336
>awful
Nah. He's great at doing whatever he's doing. It's random, it's retarded, it's stupid. It's beautiful.
The majority of people see fics too seriously, he's the only one I know of that doesn't give a fuck and write whatever he wants just to get a good laugh.
>>
>>30203920
I'm not that new, but I'm not sure the iPad lets me do all the things most others can do on this board.

>>30204336
cos there's way too much interesting stuff to read, and those in particular were almost done after I put them on the back burner for a while, so might as well get them out of the way.

I mean, bad enough hearing about updates to 7DSJ, Starlight Over Detrot and Estee's continuity indicating they're approaching the climax, and thinking maybe I can catch up in a couple weeks, or months, if I push it. And that's not counting stuff like Savage Skies and The Night is Passing which went in for ages and still finished before I even got to it.

>>30205087
I have a weird threshold for character derailment in large-scale narratives, I guess. I don't mind some occasional Tyrantlestia if there's enough going on, but I took a break from Upheaval: Reckoning (which takes a lot of jabs at Celestia's but ultimately has her still good) after it indicated that the original Equestrian founders all became villains as well, because why not screw with that bit of history as well.

Then another story where Celestia (though again not really a villain) was enough of a haughty bitch to Applejack that I wrote her up under Ron the Death Eater on TV Tropes- and went from that to making a page for the series as a whole, because I was still just that engaged. (Also AJ was kind of bitchier as well, but that's surprisingly common in fits- see DDG, Foal of the Forest and Triptych just for ones I already happened to mention.)
>>
>>30205346
>Even if there's no dicks or vagoos
wrong. fetish fics without actual sexual situations can do without the sex tag. xTSGx proved that

> He's great
bendy is everything that bleedin aspires to be, but that still doesnt mean hes any good
>>
>>30205835
>can do without
yes but that comes down to preferences.
I'm just saying that if you're writing fetish stuff, you should add the tag /just in case/, to dodge all the people that hate porn, for one.
idk.
>>
If your story isn't getting approved quickly, is that a bad sign?

I ask because I submitted a story yesterday and it's still waiting on approval but another story called "Covfefe" was approved before it and the title basically timestamps when it was created.
>>
>>30205848
but of youre writing the way out there fetish stuff that doesnt involve penors or vagoos in the slightest then theres no need for the sex tag.

hell that batpony fic is rated teen, has only an adventure tag and he blatantly mentioned in the description that it was a clopfic for sick, twisted deviants.

I'm sure that there are people out there who get hard ons for confetti. that doesnt mean any fic with a pinkie party in it should have the sex tag though most of them do unsurprisingly
>>
>>30206586

Usually, it means that a story mod looked at it, had something they were unsure about, and asked for a second opinion. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since a rejection can be for something as simple and easy to fix as needing to change your rating.

If it takes more than two days, poke a mod and ask what's up.
>>
Gump
>>
>>30208446
Iz coo. It got posted earlier today so there was no muss.

I don't really know what goes on in the back end of FIMFiction so I got a little nervous.
>>
>>30205087
Now that I think about it, didn't the guy from The Poughkeepsie Tapes had hundreds of tapes of prostitutes bouncing on balloons?
>>
>>30210231
>tapes of prostitutes bouncing on balloons?
wat
>>
>>30211027
If you haven't seen "The Poughkeepsie Tapes", you definitely should.
>>
>>30210231
Balloon/inflatable fetishism is weird as fuck, but as far as those weird fetishes go it's not all that uncommon.
>>
>>30211075
I dont feel as bad about my weebism after finding out that apparently so many people spent their youth jerking off to tom & jerry or looney tunes
>>
>>30211179
You should still feel kind of bad.
But, at the end of the day, I'd guess anime is more respectable than watching MLP.
>>
>>30211187
i said i didnt feel as bad, which doesnt imply i feel good about it.

And to be fair i stopped watching animu before i stopped watching microhorse
>>
File: I smile to hide my agony.jpg (449KB, 958x1024px) Image search: [Google]
I smile to hide my agony.jpg
449KB, 958x1024px
>Favorite writer jumped ship and never came back
>Favorite work left to rot
This is an awful feel
>>
>>30205346
>A fetish story is still sexual in nature
A story may intend to arouse its readers, but intention =/= content. Tags are only about the actual written content of the story. A reader who sees the sex tag will expect some form of actual sexual content and is going to be really confused if the story instead is 6,000 words of detailed descriptions of Dash's bellybutton.

>>30210231
There is a Youtuber who has hundreds of videos of females doing strange things with balloons.
>>
>>30211187
>anime is more respectable than watching MLP
OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30211319
What are their names, Anon?
>>
Cultural Artifacts

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/71281/cultural-artifacts
652k words [T] [sex] [AU] [comedy] [human] [romance] [SoL]

An octogenarian and his house somehow pop up in the middle of ponyville. Antics ensue

Four and a half years, six hundred fifty two thousand four hundred and sixty nine words, zero sense.

This has everything necessary for an interesting HiE. Language barrier, an adult non-horse fucker, a lack of destined hero or seventh element. No one stuck in a costume and plenty of other potentially entertaining themes. And its ruined by its complete and total incomprehensibility.

Seriously one has to reread entire chapters (at up to 22,000 words a pop) multiple times to have some semblance of a general idea of what may possibly be going on. Then if you bother to read the comments you'll soon figure out that you were completely wrong in your theory.

The parts that you can somewhat understand are genuinely fun, but those moments are few and far between

I only finished it because I'd been tracking it for years and am a glutton for punishment. Unless Dan-s Comments decides to hire a team of editors stay far, far away if you value your sanity.
>>
>>30213182
Yeah. And he's not a bad writer--in the sense that he is very good with dialogue, description, and characterization. He takes "show don't tell" too far, in that he shows us FUCKING NOTHING WHATSOEVER and then in the comment section he will eventually say "yeah, the human viewpoint character solved all the problems offscreen between this paragraph and this one with these genius-level feats of lateral thinking bordering on Insane Troll Logic." It's card tricks in a dark room.

He does this in all his fics.

He's the same guy who wrote the now-apparently-abandoned anime megacrossover mashup Sic Semper Morituri, which puts Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ah My Goddess, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, H. P. Lovecraft, and I don't even know what else, in a blender and serves you up a grimdark worldbuilding slurry that's mind-blowing, when it doesn't make you want to put your fist through the monitor. The only thing that comes close to it in either tone or audacity is the old Eyrie Productions mega monster mashup fic "Undocumented Features" from rec.arts.anime.creative twenty years ago, or maybe Robert M. Schroeck's "Drunkard's Walk." SSM and UF share smartass teenage male OCs who are obvious wish-fulfillment fantasies, who are far smarter, tougher, and wittier than any fourteen-year-old boy yet born could ever be, who get all the best lines, get the girl, and deliver verbal smackdowns to characters the authors dislike, including, in-story, their superiors--and get away with it with no consequences, even when they have just made a public spectacle of their contempt and disrespect for powerful, dangerous men like Gendou Ikari, who in-story are established to remember slights and be utterly ruthless. I will say that in Dan's Comments' story, Sic Semper Morituri, eventually the viewpoint character undergoes some character development, by which I mean he gets a tiny amount of humility and perspective bitch-slapped into him by events, but it's much too little, much too late.
>>
File: 1406330927047.gif (48KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1406330927047.gif
48KB, 320x240px
Bump of trifling charm
>>
1/2

Not on FIMfiction, but shows promise:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5553836/chapters/12811085

It's by one RH Junior, who apparently got hounded off FIMfiction for daring to express ideas that weren't cloyingly PC, which is enough these days to get you dox'd and an "antifa" lynch mob dispatched to your house to administer an attitude adjustment with axe handles and lengths of rebar if you're sufficiently unlucky.

This is not to say that at least some of his problems aren't self-created. For one whose writing contains so much dark humor, in his blog and in comments, he comes across as a humorless, self-righteous asshole.

All that having been said, it's a deconstruction of the annoyingly popular "Displaced" story fad, which is, happily, now dying. Nerdy high school kid makes homemade bubba-ish Sith Lord cosplay getup for a costume party, then by authorial fiat gets whisked magically to Technicolor Pony Land.

He HATES it. He HATES cheerful ponies who talk too much. He HATES the unrelenting sugar-bowl cheerfulness of everything he sees, which he suspects (and is later proven to be right) hides an awful lot of really tawdry goings-on.

And then Rainbow Dash sees him, and decides he must be evil because he looks spooky, and flies down and starts kicking him in the face.

"Darth Vulcan," or, if we want to distinguish the kid from his supervillain persona, Ted, is, we learn, before we even see punches being thrown, kind of a nasty piece of work. He's bitter, cynical, and boiling over with rage at the world in general. He's a poor kid from the wrong side of the tracks, and he's had a shitty life, which has rendered him streetwise, tough, tough-minded... and utterly unable to conceive of authority figures who aren't sadists and worse, because that's how he's been treated all his life by anyone who ever had any power over him, from his parents to schoolteachers to the cops. He has a Bad Attitude. He has a problem with authority.
>>
>>30215472

2/2

...and he decides to become the supervillain Equestria, in his judgment, deserves. This opinion is only cemented when he gets captured by the Princesses, and Luna decides to torture him with rather nasty dream-magic that is too kid-unfriendly to be put on display in the show. He knows just what to say to drive her away in tears and drive a wedge between her and Celestia with just two sentences, though, and he's nasty enough to say them.

He knows a little about the show, and is genre savvy enough to be truly dangerous. He also has stumbled into possession of the Alicorn Amulet, which is slowly, bit by bit, working on his existing paranoia and mind-raping him and turning him into a homicidal monster. When Queen Chrysalis is the voice of reason in your Legion of Doom, you should realize something's badly wrong. Ted doesn't. His raids on Canterlot and Ponyville start out as mere Saturday morning cartoon supervillain shenanigans but get much darker, quickly.

Word of God on this is that Ted was a borderline sociopath before he ever went to Equestria, angry, petty, and vengeful, who kept himself under control because he knew there would be consequences. Now he's in a TV cartoon world that he loathes, still not sure it isn't all a weird lucid dream, armies are hunting him, and the Amulet is whispering in his ear constantly: "kill them all." He's going to get his come-uppance eventually, but the Princesses are going to have to work for it and they may well have to kill him.

I'm enjoying the story well enough that I'm watching for updates, anyway.
>>
>>30215472
>>30215513
I find it genuinely amazing how my interest kept a steady decline the longer your post went.
>>
>>30215530
Stopped reading at "genuinely."
>>
>>30215472
>darth vulcan
>edgy kid writes a story about an edgy guy hating everything happy sent in Equestria
>then an edgy RD decides to kick him just coz lol
whew, really makes me wanna read your story Anon!
>>
>>30215598
RD is a brainless thug is a common theme in many HiEs.
But yeah darth vulcan sounds like its supposed to be a comedy despite sounding just like every other displaced/lohav shitfic out there
>>
>>30213182
>Four and a half years, six hundred fifty two thousand four hundred and sixty nine words, zero sense.
O feel more reviews should have this sort of statistics.
>>
Yeah, Darth Vulcan is the one fic of his I've never felt a great urge to read. Well, that and The Audience. HiE ain't my thing.

But I'll say The Great Alicorn Hunt is really darn good. At least interested in going through his Past Sins spinoffs too, when I have some time to spare.
>>
File: thonkin hurd.png (57KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
thonkin hurd.png
57KB, 680x680px
Why is every Displaced fic trash?
>>
So I was going through some of the generals on /mlp/ and saw that Nof (or Fugger I guess on fimfic) is writing again after a long hiatus. I never read much into anything of his since HiE isn't a huge interest for me, but people keep saying he does it well. Can anyone confirm? I need some decent reads for a roadtrip in the morning.

>>30217569
Because taking a pre-made character, inserting your self into their body, and adding ponies doesn't make for a good read. Same thing happened with the chess game of the gods thing, Only CGotG crashed harder since it needed OCs and writer made settings for each story. It's this stuff that turned me away from HiE.
>>
File: better get reading.png (24KB, 1291x30px) Image search: [Google]
better get reading.png
24KB, 1291x30px
>>
>>30217664
why?
>>
File: untitled.png (32KB, 1093x360px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
32KB, 1093x360px
oh hies never change
>>
>>30217618
Fugger is pretty good. A little underrated to be honest. All he does is HiE/AiE but he does do it right. It seems like he's here to stay now and damn that makes me happy.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>30217861
>>
>>30218785
What is wrong, confused negro?
>>
>>30217861
I'd read a story about a knight on a crusade across Equestria.
>>
So, reading anything?
>>
>no spike on shining armor fics
why
>>
>>30222212
https://www.fimfiction.net/stories?tags%5B%5D=t%3Asex&tags%5B%5D=c%3A16&tags%5B%5D=c%3A73&tags%5B%5D=-g%3Ahuman&tags%5B%5D=-g%3Aanthro&tags%5B%5D=r%3Amature&order=top

There are very few cmutfics with those two, and most that actually have them fucking happen to include someone else, be it Cadence or Twilight.

A shame, really.
>>
>>30222401
thats a shame. the world needs more cmutfics
>>
>>30213182
>Cultural Artifacts
Wasn't that one really good for about five chapters, then it imploded and went to complete shit? I seem to remember Spacebattles or some other site going into shock as the fic dove into the abyss.

>>30215472
>He's bitter, cynical, and boiling over with rage at the world in general.
So instead of being a parody/deconstruction of Displaced, it's just your standard HiE fic...

>Rainbow Dash sees him, and... and starts kicking him in the face
Right down to Dash doing something cunty to him in the opening. At least there's no Everfree Forest manticores.

>>30215513
Sounds really edgy and not all that pleasant to read. If I'm gonna read a villain protag, I want to actually like him and better understand his motives, not constantly hope Equestria's special forces just telekinetically snap his neck and be done with it.

>>30217569
Because the basic premise fucks up the whole point of a crossover. You can't crossover another universe's interesting and well developed character but strip out that character and instead replace him with a generic HiE/AiE.
>>
>>30112913
Eh, the Discord/Eris fans have me wondering something.

Are there any stories where someone (pony, human, tom the rock, whatever) try to get jiggy with the draconequu, but find out that """"""sex"""""" with the personification of chaos, turns out anything but sexual?

Part of me WANTS to write a story about that, but like the hundreds of other story ideas I've had, I already know I'm never gonna do it, so I figured I'd ask if it's been done already.
>>
>>30224243
>""""""sex"""""" with the personification of chaos, turns out anything but sexual
>tfw Discord gets off to flattening you against a floortile covered Ohio map while watching from a hot air balloon
Then again, maybe Discord likes it missionary position in the dark while holding hands.
>>
Page 10
>>
I wrote my first fimfiction story, "Excerpt from the Library of Discord."

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/375189/excerpt-from-the-library-of-discord

Tear my heart out, senpai.
>>
File: Go-Vote-500x500.png (159KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Go-Vote-500x500.png
159KB, 500x500px
Polls are open! This week, we're voting on the best new Alternate Universe and Thriller stories.

Links:
>Alternate Universe: https://www.strawpoll.me/13105080
>Thriller: https://www.strawpoll.me/13105098
>>
>>30226039

It's a pretty neat idea, but I'm not sure you actually wrote an interesting story, as opposed to an interesting blogpost. Honestly, you threw out a lot of big numbers, but not in a style or manner which was particularly enlightening in terms of character. I don't feel like I learned much about Discord that couldn't be communicated by the sentence "He's immortal, and immortality involves sums mortal minds struggle to comprehend."

I'd have liked the narration to do more to communicate how he thinks, and how he perceives things. Does he really think in exponents? I'd expect him to calculate the width of a library arc in furlongs per fortnight one moment, in moles of books the next--the numbers are so large that they're academic anyway, it's not like you'd be losing comprehensibility. And there's one particularly glaring-to-me missed opportunity: you tell us that Discord's read 45% of his library, and that almost 100% of it is incomprehensible gibberish... but we never get a sense of how he reacts to a typical story (that he's going to read in its entirety anyway, because he has nothing better to do even though it's pointless), or what it means to him when he stumbles upon something actually interesting (which, as you already hint, might not overlap very much with what a mortal would consider comprehensible).

Like I said, interesting story, and I'm mostly picking at it because you asked for it. Despite what I said, I upvoted it, so there's that. I hope it's not the only thing you write, because your first effort is already ahead of 90% of what FIMFic puts out. Cheers!
>>
File: 1425967028516.jpg (178KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
1425967028516.jpg
178KB, 600x468px
>>30227262
Thank you anon; that's some great feedback and good ideas for another excerpt from his library.

I would say that you missed the point if that was what you learned about Discord, but since I wrote it, it's obviously my shortcoming. The new idea I was trying to limn is that Discord is obsessed not with chaos, but with order. "Beings called him chaos, but his library contained every possible order. [...] Ponies don't understand that chaos is everything, and Discord had studied 45% of [every possible order]." However, "[The set of all possible] orders is nonsense, for order is the restriction is nonsense [the set of all orders] to sense [only some orders]." It is ambiguous if Discord is even capable of comprehending this with his mind a gallimaufry of so many orders; Discord may call "the set of all possible orders" chaos because chaos is what ponies call it, but what if chaos means only this to Discord: unrestricted order? From his library to his Athenaeum, Discord's obsession with orders is indistinguishable from an obsession with randomness, for they are two sides of the same coin, and in the end, Discord creates every possible order, which is the same as no order at all: unfiltered every possible thing, pure randomness. Or per the cryptic foreshadow in the allusively nested excerpt, "As random is void, ascent is descent, for the sage of all things is discord." And then, synecdochal for that Discord's entire life is among the possible tesselations of his tesseracts and thus contains itself, the story ends with Discord repeatedly closing the book, but every time is a reflexive antimetathesis: Discord, and all things, are within his books of gibberish.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/374893/the-sunseeker
Started my first horse fic, looking for some good criticism
>>
>>30228014
Wow, I sound like a pretentious faggot. Excuse my literary autofellatio.
>>
Are we posting our horsefics for critique? Because I entered something into the RariTwi story and haven't gotten much in terms of constructive criticism yet.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/374205/change-of-engagement
>>
Banpu
>>
>>30227262
This is a good post.
>>
>>30130842
I don't know who this "we" is. I enjoy his writing. Whether or not it's "good" isn't my issue. I read it because I enjoy it. IMO his worldbuilding is 2nd to none in many ways. People can have their own opinions, but they can fuck off. Some people find LotR boring. Some people hate Dune. Some people think Nathanial Hawthorne is a moralistic pretentious ass. Who cares. Don't let these faggots here tell you whether or not to enjoy someone's work. It's fanfiction, not epics that will endure through the ages.
>>
I hardly come to this general, so the purpose of this place is unknown to me.
Is this for discussing fics? Or just posting reviews? Is it for critique on writing?
>>
>>30231128
a little of everything really, depending on the mood at the time. reviews, riffs, mockery, critiques. discussion of fads, 'verses, headcanon.

The only hard and fast rule is no greens
>>
>>30231311
In that case, I'd like to ask if anyone here has read this:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/34706/starlight-over-detrot-a-noir-tale

I've just finished reading this telephone book of a fic, and it's...I'm sure providing a summary would break 4chan's character post limit
>>
>>30231569
>finished
But it's incomplete...
>>
>>30231569
Been working through that one for quite a while and find the mysteries, characters and worldbuilding amazingly engaging. I've read most of the way through Act 2 (up to just before where TV Tropes says there's some big wham lines and episodes) and want to have a lot of time to focus on it before I get back into it.
>>
>>30231651
I've finished reading up to the latest chapter, didn't say that the fic itself was finished.
>>30232142
I have to say with Arc 3 being the planned final of the story, it's where all those plotlines come together. Frankly, I'm just glad that the latest chapter isn't on a cliffhanger. There's this one stretch through the middle of the arc where it's cliffhanger after cliffhanger. But TvTropes is outdated where this fic is concerned, believe me when I say that there's more wham episodes to come.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/374248/the-calls-echo

I guess this guy misunderstood "Dark Desires" or something.
>>
>>30233295
>13:55:56
>>30232195
>08:45:02

was the board down or is /mlp/ deader than usual today?
>>
>>30233317
Looks like it's just really dead.
>>
Speaking of dead, are you guys working on anything? Surely there must be a story you're writing.
>>
Don't forget to vote! >>30226779
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/373584/ofolrodi
Net book in the Austraeoh series is up. Let the east horsing continue
>>
What the fuck is Conversion Bureau
>>
>>30236108

I haven't been keeping up. Is she still going East, or has she turned around yet?

>>30236132

Terrible fic from the early fandom that inspired a whole sub-fandom. Like Fallout Equestria, but somehow infinitely worse. The premise is that Equestria shows up on earth as like an island, and is slowly expanding, and that humans die if they try to enter it because Magic. So humans are gonna go extinct once Equestria finishes expanding and consumes the whole earth, but there are Bureaus where you can turn yourself into a pony, which also lobotomizes you so that you can't think unhappy thoughts anymore.

I do not recommend investigating any further, personally.
>>
File: TCB.png (284KB, 1200x1520px) Image search: [Google]
TCB.png
284KB, 1200x1520px
>>30236132
>>
>>30235501
Now that I've submitted my RariTwi contest entry, I'm trying to get back into my SunLight fic, but I keep getting distracted by this idea for a Sappho x Luna Historical HiE shipfic.
>>
>>30236443
>I'm trying to get back into my SunLight fic, but I keep getting distracted
I've been waiting to read that Sunlight fic since we first discussed it in this thread like a year ago. Don't flake out on me now.
>>
>>30236706
My goal is to finish by the end of the year, using NaNoWriMo as a final push to finish it off if necessary. I'm 70k words in, so I'm definitely going to finish it or die trying.
>>
>>30236782
I think I'd prefer it if you didn't die before you get to post it.
>>
File: 82sq-1495077308-373584-full.jpg (316KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
82sq-1495077308-373584-full.jpg
316KB, 1024x640px
>>30236159
>I haven't been keeping up. Is she still going East, or has she turned around yet?
Well, TECHNICALLY she's still going east.
>>
>>30231569
>detrot
Is it bad that the max tags, comedy and dark tags, and the title in the cover art aren't the things that concern me but the guy not making an accurate expy of Detroit is?

There better have been a couple of race riots that resulted in unicorn flight to the suburbs and decades of corruption and incompetence, while the downtown area was kept clean and neat for the unicorns to visit and a few token corporations to have their headquarters in while the neighborhoods were left to rot.

>>30235501
I've made no progress on the server fic.

>>30236132
A genre who's basic premise is: Equestria's landmass is teleported to Earth, circa 20XX (and usually in the Atlantic). A barrier of magical radiation is rapidly expanding from Equestria and will kill all life on Earth. In an attempt to prevent full exctintion, Equestria and the UN set up "conversion bureaus" which allow humans to be magically converted into ponies who can survive the radiation. Geopolitics and ethical debates ensue.

It's most well known for being completely fucked up by two extremes--writers who think humans are shit and ponies are great, and writers who think humanity's great and ponies are shit. The result is dozens of black holes made of the authors agendas that warp and twist the plot and characterizations to serve as whatever mouthpieces and strawmen the author needs to yell at. They're mostly hate fics merged with fix fics.

I yearn for the day someone takes that basic premise and uses it to its fullest potential--a massive geopolitical and ethical clusteruck with Equestria right in the middle.
>>
File: Finno-Korean_Hyperwar_Info.png (282KB, 317x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Finno-Korean_Hyperwar_Info.png
282KB, 317x1442px
>>30238119
>a massive geopolitical and ethical clusteruck with Equestria right in the middle.
I was thinking of something like that just this morning, except based on pic related, and I'll never ever write anything in general because I'm bad of the sort.
>>
>>30238119
Detrot is, far as I know, a fanon city name for Equestria, and since the fic takes place about 60 years after the show there have been some author-made events that try to distance it from show canon. I don't know about race riots, but the rest of the stuff about corruption and crime and leaving neighbourhoods to rot are kinda there.

It's a fic that was started 4 years ago, so what was popular fan opinion then is not going to be what's popular now, just so you know. It's also over a million words long. I'd recommend going in with no expectations, because with a story that long, it'll dive into wilder and wilder topics to keep things interesting
>>
525 error. what did knighty break now?
>>
>>30239163
The light inside.
>>
>>30239227
Oh so nothing important then
>>
Why did Fimfic suddenly turn to cancer? AGAIN?

Fucking hell, that nigger developer is trying to make the site generic as fuck for his move to including ALL fiction stories isn't he?
>>
>knighty in charge of coming up with a new site design
https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc
>>
>>30239950
see
>>30239929

He's trying to make it 'all inclusive' so it can become a generic fic site for any and all fandoms in the future. That's why he got rid of banners, that's why he's getting rid of all pony aesthetic.
>>
>>30239929
because knighty wants his own fanfiction 2.0, yes.
>>
>>30239989
No wonder why the site is going to shit. How long I wonder until it's complete generic garbage.
>>
>>30239929
>>30239962
That's actually pretty dumb. Having custom banners, emojis, and colors for the popular fanfiction faces on the site would actually do a lot to making each fanfiction group feel like they were getting their own personal website. He should WANT to give Steven Universe fans the same feel MLP fans had when they started using his site.

Seems like he's shooting himself in the foot if that were his goal.
>>
>tags are no longer colour coded
What was he thinking?
>>
>>30240007
yeah, he should give each fandom its own subdomain and own features. But it seems too much work for him.
>>
File: file.png (66KB, 1046x656px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
66KB, 1046x656px
>>30240025
Not even its own features. The same features that allow customization by the mods he appoints over them. Basically subreddit theming to a lesser degree.

Though really there's a dozen things in the way of expanding FiMfiction into a more generic site. User defined tags and filtering and groups lacking tags at all being two bigs ones. Speaking of groups, the groups with folders/subfolders just got updated to be the waste of space mobile version even on desktop.
>>
Is knighty autistic? Serious question.
>>
Are the old banners completely gone too? I don't even see the post that had all the old banners listed anymore.
>>
>>30240098
he has some serious social issues. read his blogpost/twitter
>>
>EDIT2: Pony emoji being gone is not intentional, it is a bug.
You guys are sperging over nothing, again.
Fucking cancer I swear
>>
>>30240226
I don't even recall anyone complaining about that. Nice try though, knighty.
>>
>>30240226
yeah, missing pony tags is also bug
>>
File: poni.jpg (43KB, 380x305px) Image search: [Google]
poni.jpg
43KB, 380x305px
>>30240236
Read the last 10 posts, faggot.
How autistic do you have to be to complain about the site's banner being gone and/or the colors changing?
Tell me, really
And how much of a basement dwelling creep do you have to be to actually be pissed at someone, who's been giving a free service to a huge part of this fucking cancerous community for so long, simply because he's trying to give this service to more people?
Because you /hate/ SU fans? Or what? Star fans? Adventure time fans? Which fandom do you hate so much it you feel the need to sperg like the autistic manchildren you are?
>>
File: 1439519810874.png (435KB, 658x764px) Image search: [Google]
1439519810874.png
435KB, 658x764px
>>30240272
I was talking about fimfic comments, the only comments that actually matter but okay. There's a never ending torrent of criticism and complaints over the 'generic-ification' and stripping of everything that made the site unique in the fimfic comments.

Literally turning into a Fanfic clone.
>>
>>30240272
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>30240293
>making it unique
holy shit don't tell me you're one of the guys that kept that rainbow or luna theme on from back then
No, actually, please do tell me you did, that would fucking brighten my day lol

And sorry Anon, I use the site for its fucking purpose, which is reading and writing stories about me fucking horses, not for its marvelous forums or comment sections.
>>
>>30240272
u already have fanfiction.net, faggot. why do you write here? it's a fimfiction thread.
>>
>>30240314
You really ARE trying too hard. And I saw the rainbow theme comment, that guy literally has a wandering eye, which the rainbow theme helps keep in check apparently.
>>
File: naked-gun-facepalm.gif (2MB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
naked-gun-facepalm.gif
2MB, 350x233px
What the fuck did you do now, knighty?
>>
>>30240337
fanfiction 2.0
>>
>>30240337
everything wrong
>>
>>30240346
And just when I got a really fucking good feeling about writing a romantic tragedy.
I feel like I should stop using fimfiction entirely just out of principle alone.
>>
>>30240324
>it already exists, even if everyone knows it's shit there's no reason to make one better
Yeah, wonder why people are still trying to invent shit, we were so much happier in the 50's!

>>30240332
>comment
but I'm not talking about the fimfic comment, once again. I didn't even read them.
I'm not trying too hard, I'm just sperging about you sperging like retards for literally no reasons, this is ''I don't like X' posted in a thread about X' level of shitposting
>>
>>30240360
That's kind of extreme. Like there's a lot of obvious mistakes with the redesign that need to be critiqued but it's still quite functional for its purpose and better than the alternatives. Dunno why you'd put quite that much stock in aesthetics.
>>
>>30240390
So you're not pretending to be retarded, you actually are retarded.
>>
>>30240394
Because something something slippery slope and I have a bad feeling about this. A combination of the fandom in its increasing decline, the fairly solid implication of Knighty trying to make the site "all inclusive", and an adoption of the awful metro-like color scheme for the interface just make this smell like "will be dead in two years' time" syndrome. Or at least, it won't be a place worth visiting in two years' time.
>>
File: 1323926468568.png (94KB, 327x213px) Image search: [Google]
1323926468568.png
94KB, 327x213px
>>30240417
This post makes me sad because it's probably true. Fuck.
>>
>>30240429
It's about time to move on. Most everyone else did.

And yet, I still want to write.
>>
Why does nothing ever change for the better? Why does it always get worse?
>>
File: Star_of_David.svg.png (48KB, 1200x1385px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_David.svg.png
48KB, 1200x1385px
>>30240473
>>
>>30240417
Oh no! The color is blue! Now the whole thing is going to fall down because of that.

Jesus Christ, fucking grow up you crybabies. Stop trying to be "cynical, world weary cool guys." You're not. You're idiots who think a whole community will break up because of the developer preferring a style that you did not and trying to move ahead rather than stagnating. Maybe he went for the "generic look" you claim it has because this look is what the greatest segment of users on the web prefer and are comfortable with? How about that?

If you have actual worries that this will make or break the site then go and make a post at the site where you fucking make your fears and points about the direction the site is moving toward in a concise and factual way, and not spaz out like you all do in here. You know, try using that mind you're supposed to have. He makes a living out of the thing and he will listen to his consumer base as long as you don't just go ahead and make posts of the average intellectual level I see here.
>>
>>30241239
Maybe it's because the change is for the worse, plain and simple. It's ugly, and the tags are all the same color now, which means it's a pain in the ass to discern what a story is about now. It may only be an extra second to tell what all the tags are, but it's enough and noticeable, and is a negative change to the ergonomics of the site. How about when the next phone you get moves the headphone and charging ports and buttons around? It's going to at minimum take a while to get used to it, and even then, you may still think the old way was better. I still hold my phone with a finger on top where the power button used to be, but now isn't.

Tl;dr it doesn't make anybody a sperg to criticize poor ergonomics.
>>
>>30241467
This.

>>30241239
Changing things for the sake of changing this is retarded and you're retarded for supporting it.
>>
>>30241467
https://archive.is/ocqhx
https://www.fimfiction.net/

I do kind of miss how colorful it was.
>>
>>30241467
>>30241482
how about you make your own version and fuck off, and then when you'll understand that nobody actually gives a fuck as much as you do, maybe you'll come back without sperging about this kind of shit
>>
>>30241536
>we don't like your wrong opinions here, Knighty can do no wrong! Get out of our hugbox!
>>
>>30241552
Yes, that's exactly it. Because your whole fucking arguments are literally colors and 'wtf he wants to get bigger'
>>
>>30241536
>>30241558
>this random rebbitor sucking knightys cock
>here of all places
lmao what are you even doing
>>
File: 1496680708876.png (848KB, 930x602px) Image search: [Google]
1496680708876.png
848KB, 930x602px
>>30241564
>people finds out how retarded he is and points it out
>lol reddit
If you stopped screeching for a second you'd know that there's a billion bugs and cosmetic shit that needs to be fixed with the new UI
You know, as the guy that made the site blogged

Half the shit you're blabbering about could be fixed in an hour for all we know, and you're already doomsaying like there's no tomorrow saying that the SU fandom will take over and whatever
Literal autism
>>
>>30241597
lmao rebbitor
>>
>>30241630
thanks for the (you) friend, good for the karma
gimme some gold now
>>
>>30241597
>could be fixed
>might be fixed
>may be changed
Except it won't. knighty is well known as a cunt with zero social skills who does whatever he wants and the community can go fuck itself.

That's knighty.
>>
>>30241640
Oh and you guys do seems to have a good amount of social skills, that much is true
I'll let you sperg out if it's not fixed in a couple days, but until then you should think about how retarded you are.
>>
>>30241659
>isn't even aware of the massive resistance of the last update that stayed in place
Guess how I know you're new?
>>
File: smugshimmy.png (942KB, 1001x861px) Image search: [Google]
smugshimmy.png
942KB, 1001x861px
>>30241672
Guess how much this affected me and my browsing experience?
I'm sure it was absolutely abominable, so much so that you couldn't even read or write anything on it!
>>
>>30241685
I wasn't aware you were the voice for the entire userbase, faggot. Go sodomize yourself with a cactus you b8ing nigger.
>>
>>30241695
Okay so that was your argument?
Please do tell me what exactly changed because I don't even remember. I'm sure I went 'oh, that's new' and then... nothing.
But good on you for proving my point about you guys blowing everything out of proportions, again, for nothing.
>>
read the comments for reasons shits fucked
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/740657/fimfiction-40
>>
File: sleep now.jpg (51KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
sleep now.jpg
51KB, 540x429px
Okay so you couldn't tell me what changed in that 'last version' yourself, and now you're telling me to check this one's comment section which is filled with you guys' retarded arguments like 'it's blue' and 'no banner' or some other errors.
Thank you for your input Anon, how about you drink some bleach now?
>>
>>30241715
>Ugh this is ugly and more generic
>HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE NIGHTLY YOU SPERGS, EVERYTHING HE DOES IS RIGHT

Yeah, keep blowing things out of proportion to keep deepthroating that dick.
>>
>>30241755
>everyone posting is the same person
kys
>>
>>30241766
>>30241769
yeah I guessed as much
but I'm sure knighty will be able to tell you to fuck off himself, and you'll still use that site in a week and still be here sperging about whatever little thing might happen so all is cool
>>
>>30241785
And you'll be around to sperg about whatever little criticism we make as if it's the end of the world. And thus the loop is closed.
>>
>>30241785
i will be sure to ignore all your posts in the future senpai
>>
Wow, I thought the front page wasn't too bad, but chapter pages with non-default background settings really look like shit. Knightly plz fix
>>
>>30241852
I still don't understand why knighty insists on sucking all the color out of the site.
>>
>>30241859
It makes sense for standardizing tags in preparation for user defined tags it just made the front page a lot more boring. Assuming he still plans on adding user defined tags.
>>
We hit bump limit and nobody noticed.
Is anyone working on a new thread?
>>
>>30242576
nah fimfic is literally dead now, fuck everything
>>
Page 9. Anyone got a thread?
>>
>>30242772
If you're concerned make it yourself. Worst comes to worst someone posts another at the same time and one of you deletes.
>>
>>30242720
>>30242720
>>30242720
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.