[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a voice actress change for one of the main characters be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Would a voice actress change for one of the main characters be the death knell for this show?
>>
>>30100587
The VA's will do whatever DHX tell them so long as they get paid.
>>
Not really, i've heard some very similar voices even just within the fanbase.
>>
>>30100587
It has been done before in other cartoons with little to no fuss. The trick is finding one who can mimic the original perfectly.

I'd cry if they replaced Tara tho :(
>>
>>30100596
>It has been done before in other cartoons with little to no fuss.

I stopped watching Johnny Test when they changed Dukey's voice.
>>
>>30100587
Nothing will result in a death kneel for the show. It will continue until it becomes unprofitable, and then for three seasons more.
>>
Samurai Jack did just fine with Aku's new voice actor when the original one died.
>>
>>30100601
What concerns me is that you watched it in the first place. Didn't they switch voice actors constantly? I remember reading in an interview that Ashleigh Ball kept getting callbacks for the show, did a season or 2, was replaced, then called back again for another one.
>>
>>30100610
Honestly, the gap has been so long since Samurai Jack was originally on the air I think people were basically coming in fresh.

Mako does have an iconic voice, though.
>>
>>30100612
I had it running as background noise a lot.

It was meh but inoffensive.

And, yes, one of the scientist sisters had a different VA for the first season and it was changed in the second when they flipped from cel animation to Flash.
>>
>>30100587
Voice acting is a big appeal for me and if they'd change someone it just wouldn't be the same. Can't stand any dubs as well except for japanese but they don't make that anymore I think
>>
>>30100676
They stopped with Season 2 since the toys didn't sell too well, but they still do the EqG movies and apparently the Japanese love that. They even sell the Minis over there. So kinda but not really.

The funniest shit about it is that Ryuko Matoi is Sunset Shimmer and Umi fucking Sonoda is Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>30100699
EQG is just easier for them to digest, I'm not surprised.
They have a really great cast there, almost all of Milky Holmes and Miyuki Sawashiro voices the best character as always
>>
>>30100587
>replace Ashleigh Ball
>dashfags go fucking nuclear
>>
>>30100589
This.
>>
>>30100731
As a dashfag, I confirm this. Her voice cracks are one of the cutest things in the history of the universe.
>>
Depends on who
>>
>>30100731
I'd love this
>>
>>30100699
Do they just not show it in japan or is it all subs?
>>
>>30104261
After the season finale new episodes just kinda...stopped. There were some reruns and it was aired on a few other stations for about 3 months but other than that, it was over. Apparently it does well on Netflix and they are looking into reviving the show for new episodes over there, and the seiyuu's are interested in doing new episodes but we'll believe it when we see it.
>>
>>30100610
I frankly feel like the current VA sounds like Ren Hoek. Samurai Jack has exceptionally good writing and action though.
>>
File: 1474825203912.png (133KB, 279x262px) Image search: [Google]
1474825203912.png
133KB, 279x262px
>>30102297
It's even cuter in person.
>tfw Ashleigh genuinely complimented me in Dash's voice at a con once
>tfw her voice was strained and cracked even more than usual from talking so much

I'm not even a dashfag but that had been hands down one of the most heartwarming things I've ever experienced. Also along with Tabitha, she's up there with some of the more more likable VAs in the show.
>>
>>30100731
problem is, if you replace Rd's VA you also replace AJ's
>>
>>30104329
I'll bet their message-board version of /mlp/ is more active than this one at this point
>>
>>30100587
No but a songwriter change would be
>>
>>30100587
I doubt it.
If Tara leaves or dies, I think Rebecca can fill in for her. She already does Twilight's singing voice so I'm sure with some practice, she can easily sound like Twilight.
For the others, there are plenty of VAs in and out of the fandom that could easily cover there parts.
>>
>>30100587
Naw, they will just kill off that VAs character(s)
>>
>>30100699
Japs having shit taste as usual
>>
>>30106292
But the show got bad after season 3.
>>
>>30105353
I've seen times when a double-duty actor only gets swapped out for one of their roles (MGS: The Twin Snakes springs to mind).
>>
>>30100587
I don't know really.
If it's close enough, nah. Waifufags will scream, of course.
But compare the voice acting from S1 to now and there's already a huge difference.
Rarara and AJ are totally different than back then, RD is too, from time to time.
Only Libman stayed consistent.

So, I'd be kinda mad if they fired Tara, but at the same time she's a fucking bitch and doesn't deserve to work with the rest of the crew.
>>
>>30100587
The show never declined in production quality, only writing quality, and even that's up to interpretation. For something like this that's lowly been getting bigger and stronger and more of a hook to the VA's lives, they'll consistently be less hesitant to any sort of criticism as long as they walk out of each recording session with a kissed ass and a paycheck.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.