[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more pathetic than namefags who post greentext

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: 1361304026850.jpg (69KB, 900x712px) Image search: [Google]
1361304026850.jpg
69KB, 900x712px
Is there anything more pathetic than namefags who post greentext trash?

Seems like I can't go ten posts into a thread anymore before some namefag shows up to drown it in uninteresting, lengthy pulp that I'm sure in their minds passes for fanfiction, but which has such terrible structuring and fails the show-don't-tell rule so spectacularly that it's hard to believe someone is excited to see it, let alone be proud of producing it.

"Greens" truly are laziest bottom of the barrel content. Any person serious about writing would post their work at a fanfiction site, not an image board.

For the life of me, I have no idea why /mlp/ gobbles this garbage right up and even begs for more. Is it because nine out of ten /mlp/ generals would instantly die if it weren't for greens? Are greens the life support keeping the generals alive? Imagine how embarrassing that is. That your thread has so little content you have to literally dump trash in it in order to not make it look empty and dead.
>>
>>30100427
>BAWW BAWW STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
Because the blunt, spartan composition of greentext is easier for the autistic among us to read. We don't want the fancy, flowery descriptions that FimFiction or other shit requires. It's a direct approach - anons post green, other anons give him (You)'s. It works out for both parties. Now shut up and go enjoy the generals, or just filter the ones you can't stand to see for god's sake.
>>
>>30100431
I try to be a little fancy with my writing, even if it's green. Granted I still mine is kinda sub-par with my lack of experience greentexting.
>>
File: 20170516_050858.png (144KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_050858.png
144KB, 500x392px
>>30100427
>Unironically looks at generals
>>
>>30100438
>mine is kinda sub-par with my lack of experience greentexting
>kinda sub-par
Not even close dude. Your writing skills are FANTASTIC and it's even more impressive that that was your first green. Keep on doing what you're doing.
>>30100442
>he doesn't like the generals
laughing_mares.webm
>>
>>30100427
Its easier to digest and to make, especially for those anons who want to contribute their generals but lack the skills to do so.
>>
>>30100448
Generals suck, nobody comes here to deal with people trying to be horse famous, there are plenty of other places for that, 4chan is anonymous
>>
File: drake_one.jpg (25KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
drake_one.jpg
25KB, 612x380px
>>30100473
>there are plenty of other places for that
Name one (ONE) of those places that isn't totally dead yet.
>>
File: 4Vvo8.gif (971KB, 245x136px) Image search: [Google]
4Vvo8.gif
971KB, 245x136px
>>30100427
You're a huge fucking faggot. Right along with the faggots that got the prompt threads rekt. Mods and people like you are fucking faggots ruining this board with no fun allowed shit.
Instead of prompt threads providing and drawing in more stories, pictures and funny shit, people have been off put by 48 generals kept bumped for green on all the front pages.
Now when people go to write outside a fucking general, there's always faggot ass motherfuckers like you going autistic and screaming it' shit, or fuck off. This is what makes people not want to write. Not want to provide content.

Then you have the real retards complaining that this board should be more about show discussion. Yes let's have 25 threads about current episode discussion instead of just the 9 threads that are usually very active when an episode airs.

FUCK JUST FUCK MY BOARD UP MY DUDE
>>
>>30100478
This nigga gets it. Our problems can all be traced back to the Scruffening. We need to re-allow prompts. But the generals should be allowed to stay too!
>25 threads about current episode discussion
I've seen this and it's horrifying. We need two show discussion threads at any given time - one for the most recent episode, and one for the old episodes.
>>
>>30100478
Not OP, but while I somewhat enjoyed the spontanious prompt threads there was the problem about them becoming generals and overstaying their welcome in bump life support after the original writefag leaves.
I feel like something should have been done differently.
>>
>>30100427
>Is there anything more pathetic than namefags who post greentext trash?

Yes, I'm replying to it right now.
>>
>>30100483
>show discussion is bad
This is what generals actually believe. Disgusting.
>>
>>30100505
Another fucking faggot with shit reading comprehension. Pretty sure it's about the fact that people always yell there needs to be less writefags and more show discussion. People actually want the board filled with 40 threads discussing the latest episode.
>>
>>30100427
Does your Mother know you Sperg this hard when she's not looking?
>>
>>30100505
I think he meant as all the show discussion diluted between between 25 threads.
Quality over quantity and shit.
>>
>>30100512
That'd be like having 40 threads on /a/ discussing Boku no Pico, or 40 instagram fap threads on /b/, or 40 gentoo generals on /g/, or 40 /britfeels/ on /r9k/. Is that really what you want? For the whole board to be 150 threads of the exact same shit?
What I can't stand is people who make a whole thread to ask one question about an event in the latest episode when the sticky is still up.
>>
>>30100523
Why does everyone suck dick at comprehending posts? I'M PRETTY SURE I MADE IT OBVIOUS I DON'T WANT THAT. I said there are faggots that would love to see content creators pushed off this board to make room for exclusively show discussion and waifu threads.

If any of you pricks want this, go to a fucking normie pony website with heavy moderation and strict rules.
>>
>>30100537
Fine then, pick what you want most.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12977591
>>
>>30100477
This board is as dead as any of them because of generals

What's your point? Ponychan has more activity some days for fucks sake

Generals are cancer, Moot explained why perfectly when he left.
>>
>>30100427
>You're absolutely right.
>These people are the scum of the earth.
>We should make it our mission to hunt these vermin down.
>And shoot them in the head.
>Faggots like that cannot be allowed to continue to exist.
>They are a cancerous boil on the ass of the human race.
>Those special snowflakes probably voted for Hillary too.
>Bunch of ignorant losers.
>>
>>30100551
Done. I also want new mods. Mods that actually WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW.
>>
>>30100568
4chan haven't hired any new mods since before Moot left. Hiro would never spend any more to hire new ones if he doesn't have to.
>>
File: 1484896707793.jpg (122KB, 526x572px) Image search: [Google]
1484896707793.jpg
122KB, 526x572px
>>30100567
>Implying neo-lefties aren't the ones trying to silence free speech
>>
>>30100571
If anything, leftists are in support of free speech. The Republican ideal is "do what I want or be jailed." The democrats say "do whatever you want, the more diverse the merrier."
>>
>>30100578
>Anything you say that hurts my feelings is hate speech
>Especially statistics showing people of color in any sort of negative light
>Race is a social construct and doesn't exist, but racism is bad and white people should be ashamed of their racist past
>People should be fired for posting their opinions on social media

Neo-liberals are just the new commies.
>>
>>30100427
>Is there anything more pathetic than namefags who post greentext trash?

Yea, Anonymous people killing threads because they find a certain group of people distasteful and can't be bothered to filter those people despite those people in question making it easier for them to do so.

>>30100578
>The democrats say "do whatever you want, the more diverse the merrier."
Unless you're straight, white, or a male. In which case you're told to sit down, shut up, and apologize for oppressing everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEiguYmgxA
>>
>>30100571
Neo-lefties are strict authoritarians, everyone with half a brain knows this.
>>
>>30100590
STOP using this "killing threads" argument
Generals don't need to exist, they are pure cancer, they literally kill a board
This board is slow as shit because of them, if you support them you support the death of this board which you will likely proudly admit because you're probably a fandom fan who doesn't even like the show anyway, but stop pretending you aren't a living cancer, admit it you filth
>>
>>30100631
Are you sure it wasn't just the ban of prompts that killed the board?
>>
>>30100590

>killing threads
Some threads deserve to die.
>>
>>30100631
You're implying that the board needs to be fast to be good, I would rather have a few slow threads where people discuss the show and any fan content they're interested in than a thousand fast threads that serve no purpose whatsoever.
>>
>>30100636
That was part of it as well, and likewise part of the prominence of generals now
This board has always had generals, yes, but they didn't DOMINATE the board, which is the issue here

People are limited in the threads they're allowed to make now, so even more are just running to generals or have left the board completely, I know a few personal friends who have stopped posting here all together because it "isn't fun anymore", and I bet they're not the only ones, because it isn't

>>30100653
Most generals serve no purpose whatsoever, if they weren't allowed to run rampant, and to the other anons point, if moderation wasn't so hypocritical, there would be a better variety and more creative threads rather than

NEW EPISODE THREAD HERE, and the discussion threads that come with new episodes which lets face it, cannot sustain a board, and
_____ PONY THREAD
_____ FETISH THREAD
_____ WRITEFAG THREAD

Ever wonder why generals are usually not allowed on /co/? Its because generals are usually lazy shit threads that have no actual topic to discuss, but rather are simply hubs for people to lurk in and bump endlessly while contributing nothing to the board as a whole, there is a reason Loud House General is confined to /trash/, it's cancerous shit, it's a chatroom, not a thread, like all the generals here for the most part
>>
>>30100715
I disagree
>>
>>30100578
>>30100590
what the fuck do you want? SJWS are the natural result of a bunch of fucking children forced to listen to your inane right wing bullshit of do what I want or be jailed, and have such a horrible education thanks to you on how politics even works and what's good for this country, that they started a fucking cult. This is how polarization works, the two sides only get more and more extreme as time goes on. sure lets let white people be straight and male, only I have to give up my right to marriage or even being alive to do this? if the right wasn't homophobic trash and many number of other things, but was still the right on issues like immigration, anti federalism, and focused on dismantling the monolith of cancer that is first past the post and central government, everyone would jump ship.
>>
>>30100730
I just want people to stop shitting on me for being a heterosexual white male.
>>
File: 1365084911650.jpg (108KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1365084911650.jpg
108KB, 600x700px
>>30100431

That would be an embarrassing yet valid argument if it weren't for the fact that the "autistic people" who need their dumbed down trash content actively shit on the show's writers. Mercilessly critiquing and nitpicking their betters for vague and non-specific reasons.

No. I don't believe for a second that you like greens for being shit. I think you're lazy or just can't do better, but still feel the incredible urge to contribute. You do it either to keep your dead thread alive, or because you're an attention whore with no other skills.

At the end of the day, filling up the board with shit isn't going to keep it alive. It leads to a board filled with shit. Look at the catalog, look how many generals there are filled to the absolute brim with worthless shit. A problem that started getting out of hand late 2013 and which has only been getting worse and worse.

Oh, and there is literally no difference, no difference at all, between greentext stories, greentext prompts and greentext CYOAs. It's all the same shit with a slightly different spin on it.
>>
>>30100726
Well you're an idiot, go back to your general and keep killing the board.

I'll be laughing when you end up a banned newfag on Ponychan or Reddit because this board gets deleted and confined to a single general on /co/ at best, and not allowed at all on 4chan at worst.
>>
>>30100730
I disagree with major things from both sides, lad. I'm a centrist. I just tend to prefer the right because they seem to be more accepting of my existence and don't try to tell me that I need to be punished for things I've never done.

Also, how exactly is a strong left leaning education system the right's fault again?
>>
>>30100774
>no difference at all, between greentext stories, greentext prompts and greentext CYOAs.
>it's all the same shit with a slightly different spin on it.

>no difference
>slightly different
Pick one.
>>
>>30100779
>tfw you don't actually visit generals but people will say that you do when you defend them
>>
>>30100427
You're absolutely right OP.
Death to all writefags.
>>
>>30100427
>and fails the show-dont-tell-rule

this desu
>>
>>30100801
>>30100804
>IP count not changing
Nice samefag.
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 432x346px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 432x346px
>>30100805
we're not even saying the same thing. What are you talking about, brainlet?
>>
>>30100825
Anyone who knows what mspaint is can make themselves look innocent.
>>
>>30100829
This, you can simple remove and put some damm color and done.
>>
>>30100848
Oh and i forget.
>14:19
>14:33
Look at the damm time next time. 1 Post cost 60s
>>
>>30100855
Could be same anon on mobile if he posted earlier.
>>
>>30100857
ok, so I went to my phone, lined up two posts that might've vaguely said the similar things but probably don't so i could shitpost on a slow board

the fuck is your problem
>>
>>30100427
>I'm not happy
>No one else deserves to be happy either
>This place should conform exclusively to my expectations
Stop sucking your own dick, asshat.
>>
>>30100855
Actually, there are ways you can get around that if you really wanted to
>>
>>30100855
Case and point
>>
>>30100917
>>30100921
Just shut the fuck up, tripfag. The argument is over. Can we just go back to our regularly scheduled programming?
>>
>>30100925
Calm down lad, I was just posting with the trip to show that it's very easily possible for people to make consecutive posts in under sixty seconds even without using any dynamic IP/cookie shenanigans or any sort of secondary device.

You do realize that there are actually a lot of uses for tripcodes, right?
>>
I'm not going to give you another (you), faggot.
I'm already mad that so many people responded to you in the first place, instead of saging.

I can't believe you guys still think these retards are serious. This is 'season 1 is the only canon one' level of bait, and you all gobble it up.

The whole board has been only greentexts for a few years now, anyone thinking that greens are shit/shouldnt be here, wouldn't be here in the first place
Use your fucking brain people.
>>
>>30100997
>You do realise* that there are actually a lot of uses for tripcodes, right?
Sure. For writing shitty greentexts and for reminding everyone of how much of a flaming faggot you are by stallionposting in mlpg.

>>30101002
/mlp/ was only good in 2012. /mlp/ had no greentexts in 2012. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>30101009
>what were the "rainbro" threads?
>>
>>30101009
>'x' was only good in 2012

guess you better get to work on your time machine then dipshit, that or move on with your life because it's fucking five years ago
>>
>>30101019
>>30101027
>still responding to him
braindead
>>
>>30100902
The board has died, there are many reasons
Generals are a big one

If little cocksuckers like you don't care about board quality or this board continuing to exist and have a place on 4chan, you don't have a say in the matter because YOU ARE CANCER killing it
>>
>>30101002
>implying I haven't been saging this thread from the beginning

Yea, I probably shouldn't reply for the good of the board and all that, but I really like poking people like this and seeing how long it takes for them to develop inconsistencies in their arguments.
>>
>>30101052
idc Anon, stop giving him any fucking attention. It was okay to do so four years ago, but now we really need to get rid of these peoples.
>>
>>30101036
He's got a point, though. Recent developments have coincided with the degrading quality of the board.
>>
File: 1362080422741.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1362080422741.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
>>30101002

I've complained about it before, but it's just getting worse and worse. Almost every thread now eventually devolves into shitty greens. There is so little talent now, so few artists. All the board is is circlejerking and non-writers writing bad fan fiction.

If you cannot look at the broad picture and realize how fucking bad that is, it's true that you probably are the actual cancer destroying the board.

Every day, every minute, the board dies a little more because you are doing the intellectual equivalent of masturbating in public. This is not something you are going to be proud of when you look back on this part of your life in ten years or so. That moment you thought you were a my little pony fan fiction writer despite your skill not really amounting to anything more than a bad telegram style list of actions. You are choking the board to death with shit. Any meaningful discussion goes out the window when faggot mc faggotson dumps his backlog of green trash in a thread. "Worship me, sheep. I am an ~artist~".
>>
No, Anon.
No more (you)'s.
Get off my board.
>>
>>30101863
Have you ever thought that you might be the minority, and everyone else likes greentexts? I sure do, greens are better than any prose shit I've ever read.
>>
>>30101877
Why the fuck would you respond to him
Just let this fucking thread die.
He's going to try to bump it once or twice and then give up.
Holy shit Anon.
>>
File: 1395354502130.png (76KB, 247x253px) Image search: [Google]
1395354502130.png
76KB, 247x253px
>>30101009
>/mlp/ had no greentexts in 2012
Considering I wrote about a quarter of all my greentext stories in 2012, I'm gonna go ahead and say that's bullshit. 2012 was the most active time for greentexts since it was still a relatively new medium that people were exploring.

>>30100774
>You do it either to keep your dead thread alive, or because you're an attention whore with no other skills.
Actually it's both. Deal with it, darling.

Remember kids: Sage to prevent bumping.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.