[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you cry or get teary? I know the stuff with Tiara was cliche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Did you cry or get teary? I know the stuff with Tiara was cliche and their cutie marks aren't completely perfect (as I'd like the colors tweaked), but it was done well enough to get a little emotional. Maybe because it was five years of waiting and watching them work towards it.

I hope Tiara and Spoon show up in an episode as a main story element so we can see what they're like when they don't have to be bitchy anymore.
>>
>>30062984
I cried because it was bullshit and I knew the show would never recover from this.
Also I was expecting this to happen during S3.
>>
>>30062990
Only thing I thought was bullshit was the color schemes. The wing, musical note, and apple in their marks make it seem like they already knew what things they enjoyed doing. It just wasn't what they felt what they were meant to do. Always figured after them working so hard together there was no other way it'd go down other than them all getting their marks at the same time.
>>
>>30062984
I cried, and I cry every time I rewatch the episode, or even when I listen to the songs of the episode.
I also have to post this every time someone talks about CotLM because there's this faggot who gets triggered when I say that I cry with this episode, and it's too funny.
>>
>>30062984
The actual designs of the marks look a little garish, but yes, I cried like a bitch during that scene. AKR is my second favorite writer on the show. She handled this episode spectacularly.
>>
File: 46825682.jpg (228KB, 1500x1063px) Image search: [Google]
46825682.jpg
228KB, 1500x1063px
>>30062984
every time.

>You've come such a long, long way
>And I've watched you from that very first day
>To see how you might grow
>To see what you might do
>To see what you've been through
>And all the ways you've made me proud of you

>It's time now for a new change to come
>You've grown up and your new life has begun
>To go where you will go
>To see what you will see
>To find what you will be
>For it's time for you to fulfill your destiny
>>
File: 0001.png (2MB, 3542x3096px) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
2MB, 3542x3096px
>>30063021
>>30063037
>Tiara singing about wanting not to be a total bitch and wishing she didn't have to live up to such high standards.
>CMC trying to tell her she can be her own pony.
>If ma and pa were here they'd be so proud.
>I cri evry tiem.

Literally I do.
>>
File: Lesson Zero.jpg (23KB, 476x349px) Image search: [Google]
Lesson Zero.jpg
23KB, 476x349px
>"If only mom and dad were here to see this"
>try not to cry
>"I'm so proud of you little buddy!"
>cry a lot
>>
>>30063049
as an aside, diamond tiara was shown to not only have natural leadership abilities, but can use the strengths of others to accomplish tasks.

what are the odds she will eventually be mayor of ponyville?
>>
>>30063052
Literally me.
>>
File: sorry pinkie, this is it.jpg (99KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
sorry pinkie, this is it.jpg
99KB, 750x400px
Yeah.
>>
File: 63568383257.gif (2MB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
63568383257.gif
2MB, 1000x676px
>>30063052
>when you realize scootaloos family didnt show up
>when you realize her being a lonely orphan isnt a meme
>when you realize all shes ever wanted was some semblance of a family, even if its just a sister
>>
>>30062984

>have an episode where they clearly show their talents
>have another episode where they show their preferences
>nah fuck it. lets give them similar cutie marks that aren't directly linked to their interests or personalities

I don't mind them being the CMC post cutie marks but it's pointless to have all this creative momentum and buildup and then throw it aside. Especially for something that never happened before and thus making their 'talents' useless.
>>
File: 01-CMC.jpg (659KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
01-CMC.jpg
659KB, 2560x1440px
>>30063033
AKR doesn't write for the show any more, does she? That makes me want to cry in of itself.

>>30063057
I'd be down for this. As long as Mayor Mare is still around. Maybe a consultant or something? She a cute.

>>30063068
>when you realize if she is an orphan RD and RD's parents, as well as Applebloom, Sweetie, and their families, give her the family she always wanted.
>>
>>30063080
shit bait
>>
>>30062984
>Never really cared for the CMC
>Their Cutiemarks are shit
>Didn't care for the songs
At least it did something mildly interesting for Diamond Tiara, but it felt like she was reformed quickly after antagonizing them for so long.
Then again, they did it with Glimmer too, so....
>>
>>30063080
If the shield was colored properly depending on which CMC it was with the inner symbol being more prominent, I think that would have been perfect. Their destinies being tied together yet still obviously unique. It's a little too samey as is but the idea was solid. Ponies sharing talents and having similar cutiemarks isn't unheard of. Flim Flam brothers for example.
>>
>>30063093
Nobody from season 1 writes for the show anymore, and that is a fact worth crying over.
>>
File: cmc_cutie_marks_by_xebck-d9cll7k.png (245KB, 4000x1251px) Image search: [Google]
cmc_cutie_marks_by_xebck-d9cll7k.png
245KB, 4000x1251px
Why these lame designs, though? This is fucking bullshit

and yes, I'm autistic
>>
>>30063206
There's gotta be a way to keep the basic idea behind these designs but make them all look good.
>>
>>30063104
diamond tiara's reformation was the worst part of the episode tho
>>
File: large.png (426KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
426KB, 1280x932px
>>30063068
Listen to her talk with Dash in Parental Glideance. Her dialouge implies she had literally no parental support.

It just makes this moment all the more sweeter.
>>
>>30063206
I like them, they remind me of girlscout badges, which feeds into my headcanon that when they're older the cutie mark crusaders will be the mlp version of the girlscouts.

im probably just as autistic desu
>>
>>30063338
I wonder if they'll ever touch on Scoots parents or if they'll leave it as is. I kinda like how it is at the moment because from what we've seen you can assume she's being taken care of by Dash and her parents. Would also explain why Scootaloo idolizes her so much.
>>
>>30063019
Well anons posted that they just gave them these marks because they thought it was too predictable to give them the marks most people knew they would have.
I think applebloom was growing stuff pr something apple, sweetie singing and scoots construction or something.
>>
>>30063360
>scoots house is in ponyville
theory busted
>>
>>30062984
I just thought, if there is a good time to finish the show is this
>>
>>30063383
I still enjoy the show a lot and have fun seeing the cute ponies do cute slice of life things, but if someone wanted to stop watching and wanted an episode that'd feel like a good closure, it'd be this one.
>>
Does this mean Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are a couple now?
>>
>>30063367
Orphanage?
>>
File: 1454356133755.gif (2MB, 595x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454356133755.gif
2MB, 595x540px
>>30063829
Mean.

Slightly funny and hate myself for thinking so, but still mean.
>>
>>30062984
It may be cliche and I may be a big sap for it but the episode just hits all the right buttons in me to get me all warm fuzzy and teary. Like sure Tiara is the rich girl with a bitch of a mother but it wouldn't be a trope if it there wasn't some merit behind it to a degree.

It's one of my favorite episodes, right up there with Applebuck Season. Though I love applebuck season for all the goofy slapstick my gal AJ gets into.
>>
>>30062984
This and Pinkie Pride are one of the few episodes I personally rate 10/10. Amy does an amazing job with musical episodes, and I know they are kind of cheesey but I still love em to death. I'll keep it together pretty good when I watch the episode, but I always get teary eyed when they mention Apple blooms parents.
>>
>>30065477
I get how people really love Pinkie Pride but I never get emotional over it. Perhaps because of Weird Al. He's so goofy and fully of energy like Pinkie so it never really makes me feel like CotLM. It was a really great episode though. Weird Al was the perfect foil for Pinkie and the joke about him singing one of Pinkies songs was great.
>>
>>30065548
>I never get emotional over it
It had Weird Al in it. You're not supposed to get emotional over it. It's purely 10/10 based on entertainment alone. And animation
>>
File: 1444522471643.png (1MB, 1125x750px) Image search: [Google]
1444522471643.png
1MB, 1125x750px
>>30062984
I just couldn't get excited for this. At the end of the episode all I felt was confusion and dissapointment. They got their cutie marks now, so what? What was the giant personal revelation supposed to be? You're good at helping people? So is Twilight, and she didn't need a useless specialized cutie mark for that.
>>
File: 1493783110522.png (156KB, 640x594px) Image search: [Google]
1493783110522.png
156KB, 640x594px
>>30063052
I forgot about this
>>
My gripe with the episode has already been stated in this thread, but I would like to add to the fact that if they would have gotten their own unique marks for themselves, it would have better shown that you aren't tied down fully by your mark. They could have continued to do crusader stuff and even had some cool passing of the torch kind of stuff with the club itself. Instead we have a stagnant Crusader Clubhouse because their power was determined to be the ability to solve all cutie marks instead of them focusing on their main careers foreshadowed for seasons. Sure, Sweetie may have a tiny nod to hers in her shield, but the other two don't fit will with daredevil/performer or handymare/engineer. It's sad to see that there were so many opertunities for their stories squandered to keep them doing the same thing they had been for 5 seasons.
>>
>>30062984
I was hoping it was the end of the CMC episodes.
The characters individually are great.
Together the CMC are garbage tier.
>>
File: 1476834480569.gif (2MB, 275x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476834480569.gif
2MB, 275x222px
>>30062984
I wish they would have each gotten their own episode where they each got their own cutie marks across a few seasons. Taken the time to develop each character. They could have addressed what it feels like to have your friends move on with their lives while yours seems to be stagnating. How you can love your friends dearly but still come to realize you have to walk different paths. And how you can still be friends forever, but its something you're going to have to work at.
Nope.
>CMC forever because magic! yay!
>tfw cop out cutie marks instead
>>
>>30066029

There were so many problems with their cutie marks and this episode it makes me feel angry that people rate this thing so highly on those poll threads. Fuck, how much better would the newer episode have been had Sweetie had a career starting in music instead of some dog problem in the park? It would have really pushed the grown up part of the message a lot more.
>>
>>30066029
>>30066125
I know it's not perfect and I do have issue with the final design of the cutiemarks, but it just pushed the right sappy buttons in me. Like I know the things are cliche, but the songs and music was great and I have a huge soft spot for redeemed characters. Granted I do feel Tiara should get more episodes of her trying to make up for how she's always acted, but I love seeing evil/bitchy characters come around.
>>
>>30063389
I personally think Amending Fences is a better episode for closure of G4 because it kinda concluded the story of Twilight.
If you just add a scene of the book which opened at the first scene of the first episode closing at the end of that episode, there's a perfect finale.
>>
>>30066332

It's not even about the victim stuff with Tiara, the cutie marks themselves were one of the biggest let downs this show has had. You can't write in growth and foreshadowing of a character and just throw it away for a crazy musical episode. It destroyed their bright future and kept them locked in Ponyville, locked in the tree house, and locked into following something that isn't what was billed as their desires. I'm a-ok with them sticking together and helping other ponies, but their marks make them pretty flat and uninteresting. Luke the guy said earlier, pushing their individual talents to the side or out of the way completely for them to stick together is destroying their individual character and worth.

I would have loved to see episodes where Applebloom is trying to solve a difficult logistics problem and her friends stop by to help, or Sweetie Belle is nervous out in Canterlot for an audition and her two best friends show up to cheer her up and give her the confidence to go out sing her heart out, or an episode based around Scootaloo looking for and creating a scootering stunt group and recruiting with the help of her two friends. Those are just 3 small possibilities of what their own unique cutie marks could have done for their stories. They could have easily made the same episodes they are now, but focus on the fact that even though they are all doing their own things, they still come together to support one another and the cause they had been fighting for the whole time.
>>
>>30062990
>>
>>30062984
I wanted to, but I was just mad.
This episode was retarded. The plot was bad.
I was really angry that they fucked up THAT.
I've been waiting for them to get their butt tattoos for 6 years.
And they get these horrible things, by reforming the one villain they shouldn't have reformed or at least, not in just one fucking episode
I believe it's one of the worst episodes in the show, even tho the songs were great.
>>
>>30067067
This.
We knew what they wanted to do, or at least, we had an idea of what they get for cutie marks. Because that's what they showed for the entirety of the show.

I'd say that, what happened now is a 'They'll always be together' is their main 'talent'. And then they have the other talents on the 'side', like scoot doings stunts, sweetie singing and AB... apples.
They should've gone the other way around.
Made their fucking talents the MAIN thing, and then add a little thing to their cutie marks that they had in common.
Or something along those lines.
>>
>>30068302
what they'd get for cutie marks*
>>
>>30062984
To this day, I still don't know why, but right around when Diamond Tiara said "It's your cutie marks", my mind just broke on me. I've never had such a response like that to anything before. I was sitting there literally questioning reality, and I do mean literally. For about a minute, I was thinking whether I was dreaming or something. I think my eyes slowly drifted to my keyboard, then to my window, then back to my screen, and to the chat. And then, I just smiled.

So yeah, I liked it. I liked it a lot. God damn.
>>
>>30062984
I do not cry, I was born without tear ducts
>>
>>30062984
I didn't cry, but it was the closest the show ever got me to that.

Honestly, the reality of it didn't fully sink in until a day or two later.
>>
File: YourWaifuAshit.png (246KB, 1600x732px) Image search: [Google]
YourWaifuAshit.png
246KB, 1600x732px
I like the song and it's remixs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlxNLjwHM4

>>30066029
Just to rub salt in the wound, remember they used that plotline in the most retarded fashion for glimglams villian motivation.
>>
>>30062984
Fuck no
>>
>>30068702

It's one of the reasons Glimmer is shit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.