[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we be worried? Viewership keeps dropping hard every s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 9

File: 3333.png (21KB, 1677x128px) Image search: [Google]
3333.png
21KB, 1677x128px
Should we be worried? Viewership keeps dropping hard every season. At this rate I'm worried how much longer until they axe the show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes
>>
File: 1489873687012.png (460KB, 1320x588px) Image search: [Google]
1489873687012.png
460KB, 1320x588px
>>30047036
Cue a Glimmernigger in denial posting nose booping Poochie and saying that they can't handle best pony
>>
>>30047036
Viewership has never mattered for the show crew. The show at its core is essentially a 30-minute toy commercial. As long as the toys sell, the show will keep going.
>>
>>30047036
They don't care about ratings. They care about toy sales. Plus, they know that many still watch it other ways like online and on Netflix.
It is still doing much better than what they ever expected when making it.
>>
>>30047036
I wouldn't be worried. If anything, we need to get those leafs to stop posting new episodes before discovery family, so we can get more views. But like >>30047069 said, I don't it necessarily matters.
>>
>>30047036
if anything theyll just sell the rights to a different channel since discovery family a shit.
>>
>>30047069
The toys do not require a show to sell well, as evidenced on past generations of pony. If Hasbro sees that they're not getting the return from the money they put in the show, they'll cancel it. The generation would then continue with the toys, the comics and maybe a TV movie every odd year, alternating with EqG.
>>
Kek, world peace got more viewers than this shit
>>
i don't see it going past season 8, to be honest. I think that'll be the end
>>
>>30047036
We clearly need more Glimmer, or yet another shit character whose name ends with -immer forced into the show
>>
File: blamecanada.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
blamecanada.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>30047036
>>
File: 1477894041411.png (237KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1477894041411.png
237KB, 751x1063px
>>30047171
>yet another shit character whose name ends with -immer forced into the show
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>30047036
>0.79 for Twilight's Kingdom Part 2
>that's the highest pony has ever gotten
I wish pony could've broken a million at least once, but I suppose almost 800k is crazy enough for something like pony. By the end of season 4 I'd have guessed everyone would be in streams, but clearly I'm wrong.
>>
>>30047036
>being worried
>about a show for little girls

I'm more worried about the lack of cucksheds in the last of the episode writing before the show soon expires.
>>
>>30047203
Can't hear you sunshit, I soundproofed the cuckshed :^)
>>
File: Look at him and laugh.gif (230KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
Look at him and laugh.gif
230KB, 300x213px
>>30047036
Yeah, like Hasbro cares about viewrship after 6 years of pone.
>>
I'd be more interested to see a total toy sales graph over the 6+ years of pony we've had so far.
>>
>>30047269
We used to have investor anons
Maybe in the next investor conference one posts and you contact him to ask.
Just be sure to be on the look out.
>>
>>30047069
I pretty much filter out posts that has the phrase 'toy commercial' in it; they never has any valid points.
>>
>>30047336
t. hasbro suit/jimbo
>>
>>30047036
I still firmly believe ever since they moved to the 11:30 slot they fucked their ratings up. Unless their argument is they were trying to get more west coast viewers
>>
>>30047036
They can drop to 20,000 for all Hasbro cares and they'll still make new episodes.
>>
>>30047458
why do you think that?
>>
>>30047245
>Denying that Sunset's appearance and development in the show would instantly bump up the ratings. I don't know, maybe people like seeing interesting characters, not the same boring six over and over again, or the exotic pet of one of the six, or three annoying brats that no one ever gave a fuck since the very start of the show, or fucking Poochie.
>>
>>30047538
The show now is like a gift from Hasbro to the fucking fandom more than anything.
They already made it big and they just keep it airing because they know fandom will make the cheap advertising from little girls and newfags that join.
That's why they keep making episodes, to rack up sales.
>>
Ratings don't matter for kids shows like they do for primetime television
>>
>>30047600
A show like mlp is based on constant repetition over and over.
>>
>>30047573
Sunset appearing in the show would make it lose another huge chunk of fans. Most people don't want to see that Monster High shit leaking into FiM. Also, you're a fucking newfag redditor, lurk more
>>
>>30047655
>Sunset appearing in the show would make it lose another huge chunk of fans
You wish. It is actually one of the most requested things. Meanwhile, who wants to watch the 36th episode of Fluttershy learning to be assertive (again)? No one wants that shit, and the show loses viewers every time it insists on repeating the same things over and over again, until the viewership gets so small that there's no excuse for the show to continue.
>>
>>30047036

Discovery Family will die as a network before MLP dies as a show.

And when MLP does finally end it will live eternally in lucrative syndication.
>>
>>30047036
Nah, because Hasbro has enough IP's to realize that most of their views don't come from traditional cable anymore, and the reason those numbers look so fucking awful is because people are still watching the show, but they're using other means to do so. I.E. streaming services, DVD's, ect.

Since the show is meant to be a commercial, it's fine for Hasbro if they don't get those sweet cablebucks so long as they get those sweet toybucks
>>
>>30047036
Well,. I'm personally not worried because I don't work for hasbro but it's kind of disappointing they're pushing this online episode leak to encourage toys or some shit before they tank
>>
>>30047301
We still have /biz/ anons, there s simply nothing new to share from reports as of now
>>
>>30047036
>watching the show
For real?
>>
>>30048027
What do you do, kind anon?
>>
>>30048045
Jerks off to the fandom obviously.
>>
>>30047706
EQG was the second most hated thing to happen to fandom according to polls but whatever, bud.
>>
>>30047188

Dubs of truth, actually.

Having the episodes show there first pushes Discovery's viewer count down. Hopefully they get it though.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (64KB, 1001x564px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
64KB, 1001x564px
>>30048061
Here.
>>
>>30048087
>glimmer isn't number 1

WOOT!
>>
>>30048087
And it's "only" 16% because they keep FiM and EqG separate. If they had made EQG canon and had ponies and humans crossing the mirror in the show, the fandom would be a fraction of what it is today. That's why Sunset should and will always be just an EQG thing
>>
blame glimglam.
>>
Just think about how much of a failure the movie's going to be if the show can't even muster over 300k watchers right now.
>>
We had THREE (3) discussion threads fill up about this sunday's episode.

That's right. One thousand five hundred posts of pure pony discussion.

This board has been more alive this weekend that it has been for months, probably even years.

It's not the fandom that keeps going down in popularity, since an excellent episode can and will be cause for resurgence.

Simultaneously, the US viewership is irrelevant since this is a Canadian show now. Do you happen to have numbers for those as well?
>>
>>30048350
>This board has been more alive this weekend that it has been for months, probably even years.

That's because its getting double the episodes.
>>
>>30048350
you're delusional. check the last graph for some insight
>http://desuarchive.org/mlp/statistics/activity/
>>
>>30047036
Yes. Please.
>>
>>30047573
Why would making the most disliked hanger on to MLP bump the ratings? Sure, do something different, but suicide isn't what people have in mind.
>>
>>30047301
According to their last investor conference Pony is still one of their biggest selling properties and is pretty much single handedly creating a steady increase in revenue for their girls division.

The show isn't going anywhere, toy sales are still powering along and making Hasbro an insane amount of money every year so they'll keep chugging along with the show.

I mean, why the hell do you think they were willing to invest in a big budget movie? Pony still brings in the cash man.
>>
>>30048381
>Why would making the most disliked hanger on to MLP
That's glimmer, not sunset.
>>
>>30048448

i've read some really retarded things on here. there's a handful of morons who think hasbro is actually trying to sabotage their own show.
>>
>>30048448
>I mean, why the hell do you think they were willing to invest in a big budget movie?
and when the movie bombs? what then?
>>
>>30048506

we can only hope the obscure 'my little pony' brand can fill the few seats needed to keep hasbro afloat.
>>
>>30048506
>when the movie bombs
That is extremely unlikely.

Almost every member of the fandom will go to see it, even a fair amount of people who are no longer fans of the show probably will just because it's something that they used to love getting a big movie. Then you factor in the children and families who will go to see it because it's a kids animated movie based on a popular property and the fans of animation who will see it purely because they love animation, pony or no pony.

It's a lot like the Transformers movies, it's hard to see this thing failing even if it does turn out to be complete garbage purely because of popularity.

Seriously man, it would be some kind of absurd anomaly for a movie like this to bomb in the box office regardless of actual quality. Movies like this generally just don't fail, they're safe bets basically.
>>
>>30048485
That's EQG, followed by Flurry Heart, followed by Glimmer.
>>
>>30048529
>Almost every member of the fandom will go to see it, even a fair amount of people who are no longer fans of the show probably will just because it's something that they used to love getting a big movie.

>being this delusional

the majority of the fandom left, and left hard after S3.
They're never going to see the movie. plus most bronies will just pirate it.
>>
>>30047036
Be glad the fandom has survived almost 7 years when this was supposed to be a fad that it was doomed to disappear

if any,it proves how powerful is the autism
>>
>>30048529
I call that it'll make roughly $500-600 million at the worldwide box office ($300-350 million domestically), and that'll be enough for them to renew the series up to an 11th season.
>>
>>30048534
>This post
I'm not the one that's delusional here. The fandom may not be the obscenely huge monstrosity it used to be but it's still large enough to fund it's own conventions. A feat that is practically unheard of I would add.

The fandom has shrunk, but I think you've misunderstood the magnitude that was the fandom's original size. Also you're hanging around this board too much, go check out the other MLP fansites and forums, it might help you get some perspective on how big Pony still his out there. This board just has a very pessimistic outlook on literally everything that makes things seem a lot worse than they are.
>>
>>30048071
Streamer views don't actually count, do they?
>>
>>30048536
>up to an 11th season

its fucking insane when you realize that it will probably make it to that point.

Like shit, thats insane, considering Spongebob is on season 11 right now and that show has been airing forever it seems

of course there is stuff in another league like the Simpsons and Southpark at 20+ seasons.
>>
>>30048552
They do not. There's no way for them to calculate that.
>>
>>30048551
>The fandom has shrunk, but I think you've misunderstood the magnitude that was the fandom's original size. Also you're hanging around this board too much, go check out the other MLP fansites and forums, it might help you get some perspective on how big Pony still his out there. This board just has a very pessimistic outlook on literally everything that makes things seem a lot worse than they are.

I do go to other pony sites. Most other sites, apart from equestria daily, are also extremely pessimistic and Anti-glimmer/S7.
This site's autistic about it, but you'll find just as much Hate on other pony sites too.
>>30048536
Season 11? are you on crack?
Seriously, its not going to last that long. The BRAND will exist in perpetuum, but it will most likely reboot itself into a new generation after S8.
>>
>>30048562

i'm gonna side with the crowd, you're an idiot on this one.
>>
>>30048562
I think the FiM brand is too strong to kill it. They're clearly pushing Glimmer to carry the show. Unless you count replacing the Mane 6 with Glimmer's Nu6 as a new generation I dont see that happening.
>>
>>30048557
There you have it, it's not the fandom losing interest, it's people just moving away from television and towards streaming services.

I mean, who watches tv anymore?
>>
>>30048577
i wouldn't go that far. People think we are smaller than we are, but shit we are nowhere near the 2010-2012 population
>>
think the second movie will have glimmer?
>>
>>30048562
>but it will most likely reboot itself into a new generation after S8.
Just like it was going to after every season past 4?

>>30048579
2011-2013. The expansion hit its stride in season 2-3. We're most definitely bigger than the season 1 population, which was before most of the internet had heard of it.
>>
>>30048577
This, no one watches TV any more unless they have no other choice. If they can find it online, they'll watch it online and one of the things the FiM fandom excels at is providing every episode online, live, as it airs via multiple streaming sites. Even the fucking kids don't watch it on TV as often now that kids are more plugged into the internet these days and usually track the episodes down online unless watching it on TV is easier.

It's no surprise that the viewership for the TV airing is low. It's a dying medium.
>>
File: signs-point-to-yes.jpg (20KB, 449x283px) Image search: [Google]
signs-point-to-yes.jpg
20KB, 449x283px
>>30048586
hell i wouldn't be surprised if she made a shoe'd in cameo in the new one
>>
>>30048586
I hope Glimmer is gone after this season.

The fact that she hasn't shown up in any of the promotional material is quite promising in that regard. Also the premiere and other episodes in this season have somewhat suggested that this is about Glimmer finding her place outside of Twilight ('graduating' basically).
>>
>>30048604
>I hope Glimmer is gone after this season.
>The fact that she hasn't shown up in any of the promotional material is quite promising in that regard.
LOLWUT? The only reason she hasn't shown up in any promo material is because there's virtually no Promo material for this season in general. Not to mention she's going to be in the EQG's finale special.
>>30048604
>Also the premiere and other episodes in this season have somewhat suggested that this is about Glimmer finding her place outside of Twilight ('graduating' basically).

No, its quite the opposite. The premier was about the possibility of glimmer doing that and leaving ponyville-- and Emphatically answering "NO", that glimmer was staying in ponyville and was now a permanent fixture in the group and the show. Not to mention Maud is staying in ponyville specifically for Glimmer. Glimmer's pretty much going to be THE central purpose of the show for the forseeable future.
>>
>>30048604
>I hope Glimmer is gone after this season.
Key word is hope there. While there are things I like about her, there are others that make me wish she was only a last season thing. She was an experiment, she was met with mixed results, and with a show like this it'll probably move onto another grandiose story arc to spend 3 seasons building upon, going in and out of phases.
>>
>>30048621
I want them to do more action-adventure type stuff. The SoL is nice but it would be nicer if they could intersperse a few genuine action/adventure based episodes through out each season. Preferably with some kind of over-arching plot that ends with the finale.

It would really shake things up in the show and make it feel more cohesive to have a legitimate story thread to follow that was cool and epic.

I'd say something along the lines of 4-5 episodes of plot plus the finale. Leave the rest as fun, comedic, sol type episodes. I just need my cool, epic, heavy action/adventure fix with an involved plot line that has some intrigue and cohesion interspersed throughout each season.
>>
TV viewership in general has gone down since like 2013. Plus didn't the show get shifted around channels? I haven't been able to watch it on TV since season 2.
>>
>>30048087
Everybody really fucking loved that library. No idea what they were thinking getting rid of it.
>>
>>30048650
only unicorns tend to get to do that nowadays.

And they'll probably keep that restricted to the movie, with the show being fully slice of life, to keep a smattering of different styles of toys. GOH for the movie, tea parties and dresses for the show.
>>
>>30047036
The show is just a 30 minute commercial. What Hasbro figured out is if you make that commercial extremely well written, then people will buy the toys in high amounts. It was always about the toys for Hasbro, making a good show was just a means of accomplishing that.
>>
>>30048681
>tea parties and dresses for the show.

cmon, theres like 2 or 3 episodes a season that follow that
>>
>>30048681
Yeah but they could still do that while doing things the way I mentioned. The majority of the show would still be cute SoL shenanigans. It would just be diversifying the seasons to reach a broader audience of people with different tastes.

I mean, the split would essentially be something along the lines of 16 SoL/8 Adventure and plot including the premiere and finale. It would literally be the best of both worlds that could make many different types of fans happy.

I genuinely believe that if they made this change it would revitalize the show and even bring back some people who stopped watching due to how samey and repetitive the episodes started feeling.

I guess the best way to say it is that the SoL all the time for almost every episode of every season has gotten stale. Adding Glimmer was an attempt to shake things up but frankly I don't think adding new characters is what they need to do, they need to really change up the formula in a way that creates a noticeable change without disrupting the basic premise of the show.
>>
They're saving all the adventure for the movie to make it big, but the show needs it.
>>
>>30048703
I'm just meaning SOL episodes, hyperbole aside.
They're going to keep adventure fully for the movie. its why our premier was a SOL episode.
>>
>>30048650
>>30048715
>>30048720

what do you mean by SoL?
>>
>>30048744
Slice of Life.

It's a term that means a show or episode or whatever is just about following the everyday lives of the characters instead of doing adventures or action.

Basically, it's what happens in MLP pretty much only with the exceptions of most premieres and finales.
>>
>>30047036
Rating doesn't matter for Hasbro. Neighter does the IDW comic issues getting sold. For Hasbro is just medium to promote their toylines and products. Only Discovery and IDW would care about selling/ratings since they bought the license to MLP to gain more views/readers.

Hasbro or more precisly Meghan McCarthy I presume will most likely CARE about the movie getting popular in term of box office, since the low popularity and viewership would mean that the MLP FiM is no longer a farm worth maintaining. Hasbro might decide to switch to Equestria Girls in both as movies and tv series.
>>
File: 3636363333636.png (91KB, 860x939px) Image search: [Google]
3636363333636.png
91KB, 860x939px
>>30048087
well 4chan is triggered by different things than EQD
>>
>>30047188
>implying anyone here actually watches Discovery Family on his TV
>>
>>30048911
that poll allowed multiple choices, which gives vastly different results
>>
>>30047036

Ratings don't mean shit in this day in age. We're in a transition period to fully digitized content distribution and television is becoming obsolete.
>>
>>30047036
>Worried about shitty ratings.
Some companies (Sony) tend to care a lot about initial ratings.
Other companies care about total ratings with reruns over the years.
No idea what numbers the current suits at Hasbro put into their Excel sheets.

Currently I see no other way for them to make that brand of toys popular so I don't worry too much.
As long as Hasbro makes good money on the toys and networks wants to show it, I guess it will be around

So it basically boils down to how many networks wants to show it.
>>
File: 1494296167598.png (22KB, 1677x128px) Image search: [Google]
1494296167598.png
22KB, 1677x128px
>>30047036
I'm really getting tired of this asshole hiding behind everyone.

Or rather everyone trying to hide this asshole from the spotlight.
>>
>>30048983
Companies like Sony care about ratings because that is the only revenue they can get while producing content. Hasbro, on the other hand, cares more about toy sales. It is plainly clear if you notice how they treat their shows.

That comes with a price: companies that do that do not treat their show fairly on TV and shoehorn it. That is possibly why CN is currently doing it with their shows, they have an app for their new content, and the people who do not have it, has to wait several weeks for it to air on TV.
>>
>>30048911
>1237 votes.
What's the counting method for this multi-option poll? Because there's definately not that many Anons left.
>>
>>30049018
one anon checking all options = 13 votes
>>
>>30049105
Still, it's possible to not select all of them. I know I didn't.

Though it means that's ~90 Anons at a minimum, right?
>>
>>30049209
That would be a minimum of 176 since they can't vote multiple times.
>>
>>30049240
And the people who's list didn't include the top result?
>>
>>30049300
That's why it's a "minimum" and not a "count".
>>
>>30049018
>>30049209
>>30049240

Its still kind of meaningless compared to EQD polls who have thoousands of voters. Our board is just too small for good reflection on what the fandom like and dislike.
>>
>>30049312
There's also no way to get even close to the majority of users to vote.
>>
>>30047036
Doesn't matter to hasbro. All they care about is toy sales.
>>
>>30048650
No, fuck off, adventure shitter. Don't you find it kind of ridiculous to look for that kind of stuff in mlp of all shows. None of the things you described mlp could pull off to any decent degree.
>>
>>30048903
No, EQG tv show is not going to happen and McCarthy will get fired after the movie is a flop.
>>
>>30047205
Oh man I just rewatched the dbz fight. I forgot how great it is. Why did people hate it again?
>>
>>30049528
Because it's the most worst season finale episode ever with a reference of 9/11!
>>
>>30049528
Because it forgets about any other character than Twilight during a very important moment. Again. It became boring after a while.
>>
>>30049707
>Inplying any of the mane six matter besides Twilight and MAYBE Rainbow
>>
>>30050041
Rarity.
The rest have 0 goals or aspirations and may as well not exist.
>>
>>30050041
>and MAYBE Rainbow
Fucking LOL. Rainbow didn't even get any importance in The cutie remark, and that was about her fucking sonic rainboom.
With the elements of harmony gone, the other 5 might as well be dogshit in the grand scheme of things, its all about Inborn Hax magical Unicorn powers now for how important you are.
hell, twilight's only important right now in her relation to starlight for fucks sake.

>>30050079
Rainbow had her wonderbolt dream. Keyword on had though, now that she's reached it its kind of shitty honestly.
They should have turned fluttershy's dream of opening an animal reserve into a multiple episode/season dream instead of doing it all in one episode.
>>
>>30049528
The sad thing is, ever single two parters/premier/finale since the s4 one has been a long downward slope.

I don't think we're ever going to get a finale/two parter on the same level as that one.
>>
>>30050765
the movie will top it.
>>
>>30050915
Nope
>>
>>30049528
Everyone loved the DBZ fight itself, it just didn't match the tone of the show and killed off the treebrary.
>>
>>30049365
Except it has time and again. It did it in the very second episode.
>>
>>30051813
This is why we need a Guardians of harmony show.

Actually, thinking about that; if they WERE going to do an action themed show, they'd have to do what Equestria girls did and try and "reset" the characters power levels to a semi-equal level by giving each of them Element of harmony specific magic to avoid Twilight being more useful than all 5 of the others combined. To say nothing of glimmer.
>>
>>30049528
>I forgot how great it is
Kill yourself.
>>
>>30052949
No, it didn't. Every action episode of mlp is shit. Shit flash animation, shit combat which consists mostly of plain-looking laser beams being shot around, awful moster designs. All over-arching plots have been absolutely stupid, badly written and thrown just 'cause or to sell toys. They hardly were worth time spent on them, no matter how little it was.

>It did it in the very second episode.
And it was mediocre and uninspired. It can't hold a candle to what you can see in actual adventure cartoon or anime. It fails to create an illusion of danger, there's no way main characters will lose, you feel no tension whatsoever, the fact that the show is written towards really young kids forces writers to play everything safe to the point where every time I watch action scene in mlp I feel like my time is being wasted and that it's just a meaningless filler I have to sit through until the next dialog or character interaction pops up.
>>
>>30051813
> didn't match the tone of the show
bruh. changling fist fights.

the show seems to occasionally burrow elements from PPG so it wasn't that out of left wing. there's a reason eps are divided between slice of life and adventure.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.