[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Artists" that get paid several thousand dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

>"Artists" that get paid several thousand dollars per issue by IDW/Hasbro
>Don't actually draw

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>30044375
It literally isn't, the licence for that image wasn't commercial if I remember correctly.
>>
>>30044375
Because who cares.
>>
>>30044427
Judging by the decreasing sales numbers, the former readers stopped caring as well.
>>
File: 45774747.png (2MB, 1275x973px) Image search: [Google]
45774747.png
2MB, 1275x973px
>>30044375
Reminder he used fan art as a base for his art.
>>
>>30044550
The toyline he was supposed to be drawing for didn't even have armor like that. He looked up this shit but not the actual toy he was supposed to shill?
>>
>>30044375
Because there's a market for it. Do you legitimately not understand how capitalism works, you fat goober?
>>
File: angriest pepe.jpg (10KB, 274x274px)
angriest pepe.jpg
10KB, 274x274px
>>30044550
fosgitt
>>
>/co/ was having a thread celebrating Archie losing the Sonic license
>Everyone was thinking IDW would pick them up
>They were trying to ignore the people who told them people like Fosgitt are who gets placed on licensed kids properties
>>
>>30044375
Aren't we allowed to sue on their behalf?
>>
>>30044616
We could certianly encourage the owner of the image to do so, however they would probably be scared off by Hasbro Legal.

Seriously, Hasbro Legal is fucking scary.
>>
April's comic figures are out

>FF replacement series "Legends of Magic" sold 11, 344 issues
>Final FF issue sold 8,915 issues

Man, Legends of Magic couldn't bring back the magic with a story that had Starswirl, Luna, AND Celestia. How are the ones that have to rely on OCs going to do?
>>
>>30044375

That's easy. IDW has been trying to sabotage their MLP comics for dozens of issues at this point, trying to get it to the point of being legally droppable without Hasbro's lawyers have clear signs of deliberate sabotage (which would get IDW's licensing pulled for everything along with what is likely a decent damages penalty).

Fosgitt is perfect for it. Just enough of a resume to be "professional" with the habits of a total hack and an editor that cheerfully allows it because shit comics help his narrative of "Oh, MLP is a dead series".

It's only suffering because Curnow is trying to kill it with "benign neglect".
>>
>>30044569
>celebrating
>>
>>30044569
They'll learn eventually...
>>
>>30044375
>several thousand dollars per issue
Anon...
>>
>>30045628
What's the page rate for IDW? I assume they pay Fosgitt the lowest. What, $100 a page or something? $2200 for a full issue.
>>
>>30045639
>check google
Well I'll be damned.
>>
>>30045639

Given their lineart rate bottoms at $50/page, try half that. I doubt Curnow pays more than the minimum to shit out another comic.
>>
File: 1493657183947.png (153KB, 367x367px) Image search: [Google]
1493657183947.png
153KB, 367x367px
>>30044550
>the sloppy lines
>the blatent copy pasting
>the terrible expressions
>>
>>30045777
Nah, they definitely give Fosgitt the $50. I'd wager that the bottom exists for people like him (filler artist that is explicitly used because he is fast and friendly on a franchise that isn't seen as important)

Price probably gets the $175 rate. So a Price comic costs around $3,850 before colors while a Fosgitt one costs $1,100.

Needless to say you get what you pay for.
>>
>>30045901
He's cheap. Plus IDW makes like, 25 times what they pay him on his stuff.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.