[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 great episodes >1 meh episode >1 god tier episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (784KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
784KB, 1024x768px
>4 great episodes
>1 meh episode
>1 god tier episode
Apologize
>>
File: 1494026906254.jpg (40KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1494026906254.jpg
40KB, 500x389px
>>30029334
More like first 3 episodes were meh
4th episode was good
5th episode was utter garbage
6th episode was meh
>>
>>30029334
Fuck off shill
>>
>>30029344
>>30029352
This much denial
>>
>>30029352
>Implying that there would ever be a shrill on a ponyfuckers page
>>
>>30029334
>2 meh
>1 good
>1 bad
>2 good

I'm not apologizing yet.
>>
>>30029334
Yeah, but which is which.
5 was meh
1 and 3 were good, but not great
2 and 5 were awesome
currently watching 6...
>>
>>30029358
Hi shrill
>>
>>30029378
Meant 4 was good, not 5
Didn't like 5...
>>
>Fluttershy becoming a chaos god fucking capitalist entrepreneur.
>Rarity becoming a beta mess with low self esteem trying to live up to other ponies expectations.

There some strange waifu swap experiment going on here.
>>
>>30029334
4 great
1 me
1 decent

In that order
>>
>"Celestial Advice"
Great concept for an episode, makes up for the lack of seeing Twilight acting as a teacher in season 6.
>"All Bottled Up"
Really shallow writing but ends up being pretty fun.
>"A Flurry of Emotions"
Impressive because it takes a terrible Hasbro toy insert premise and makes it tolerable and maybe even enjoyable.
>"Rock Solid Friendship"
The best episode of the season so far. Lots of great interaction and unpredictable moments.
>"Fluttershy Leans In"
Amazing concept that absolutely needed to exist. But it was poorly executed in a very uninteresting way that had no tension or real conflict.
>"Forever Filly"
Average overall. It was competently crafted and had a bit of fun here and there. I really appreciated the subplot tying into the moral.

So far this season is shaping up to be one that doesn't rock the boat. It's got a lot of nice callbacks and character development but nothing has reached any significant highs or low lows.
>>
File: mmmyeah.png (134KB, 236x370px) Image search: [Google]
mmmyeah.png
134KB, 236x370px
>>30029334
2 good episodes
3 ok episodes
1 mediocre episode
0 great episodes
>>
>>30029444
>The best episode of the season so far. Lots of great interaction and unpredictable moments.
It would be the best, but Pinkie's characterization is horrendous
>>
>>30029334
YOU DARE USE RARITY TO LIE?

You sick bastard. Shall you die from shit intoxication.
>>
File: close up of a mint.jpg (37KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
close up of a mint.jpg
37KB, 500x549px
>my favorite episode so far is Fluttershy Leans
>my second favorite episode was A Flurry of Emotions
>I probably won't watch Rock Solid Friendship ever again
>everyone else loves Rock Solid Friendship and hates Fluttershy Leans In
Uh, OK.
>>
>>30029499
I guess your opinion is wrong then.
>>
3/5
4/5
3/5
4/5
1/5
3/5
>>
>>30029455
She was definitely characterized very poorly at the beginning of the episode. The screeching on the train was hilariously bad. It's obvious Confalone was doing it on purpose in order to foreshadow the conflict of Pinkie being annoying, but it just didn't turn out to be entertaining. It's a problem with writing something versus voice direction and how it comes out in your head before it's made. You can't really expect them to get it right every time. It was still a good episode despite its flaws.

I always think back to The Mane Attraction where Pinkie says "Sapphire Shores? Puh-lease!" The voice direction in that is atrocious and she comes off as legitimately angry and hateful when it was pretty clear that the writer just intended it to be a casual brushing off of an old trend. You're not going to always find a perfect harmony between the crewmembers.
>>
>>30029499
I've been a bit hard on Fluttershy Leans in for the same reason I didn't really like Filly Forever. The problems are just so obvious to me and it gets annoying watching it all unfold with everyone so blind to what's going on.
I don't hate either episode, they just had more annoying moments than the others for me. And then, there are episodes like Rock Solid Friendship that had random great moments for me. I'd have to re-watch the episode to point to specifics I think.
>>
File: 1493272032194.jpg (28KB, 696x693px) Image search: [Google]
1493272032194.jpg
28KB, 696x693px
>>30029368
>>30029378
>>30029499
>Fluttershy's Leans
>good
It's on the Breezies level, you tards.
>>
>>30029634
Breezies was better desu
>>
Fluttershy Leans and Filly Forever really feel like they're talking down to their audience in a way the other episodes are not. The former especially. I think Fluttershy Leans is a weak episode and that Berrow isn't suited for TV writing.
>>
>>30029634
>>30029378 here.
I typed 5 by accident. You will see that I had already labeled it as meh. It's my least favorite so far. I don't hate it, I just didn't find it enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>30029661
That's why I didn't really like those two. Some of the other episodes actually seemed more mature than previous seasons, and that's why I think this season has been pretty good so far. being a children's show is not an excuse for lazy writing, but it is an excuse for using themes that even we won't really enjoy as much. (Filly forever came off as really talking to little kids more)
>>
>>30029615

I didn't see too many problems with Forever Filly compared to Fluttershy Leans in. Fluttershy Leans in has zero interesting conflict. Fluttershy breezes through every issue with confidence and clarity with the experts being completely in the wrong. It's completely black and white with no compromise. I think they should have just had Fluttershy making the mistake of trusting the experts and not clearly telling them their ideas. That would have lead to a nice conflict where both were in the wrong in some ways. Instead Fluttershy just feels like she learns nothing and had no struggle at all with zero emphasis on compromising with the experts.

Forever Filly wasn't like this. Rarity believably had become disconnected from her sister and it further helped the plot along that Sweetie Belle had been humoring her. By making it so Sweetie Belle just accepted what Rarity was trying push on her, it built up the tension and lead to the scene of her cracking at the end. It makes a good point of making sure both characters are at least partially in the wrong. The subplot with the dog was a very clever way to tie it all together and added some depth to the writing. I acknowledge that this episode wasn't really that entertaining but I can't say it was even close to being as badly written as Fluttershy leans in. They're kind of opposites in that Fluttershy leans in has a great premise that's poorly executed. While Forever Filly has a boring premise with some bad ideas (puppet show, ice cream shop) executed pretty competently.
>>
>>30029634
>It's on the Breezies level, you tards.
You say it as if that was something bad. The Breezies episode was literally the same episode as Flutter Brutter, albeit a million times better. But of course everyone thinks the former is bad and the latter is a masterpiece, because tacking "mature" themes makes any episode 10/10 even if it's written like shit.

If Berrow wrote an episode about, I don't know, a pony getting cancer, you all would be praising it even if t was written like shit.
>>
>>30029334
Honestly, this was just ok.

Pretty straight forward, adorable but low key with nothing really standing out. Sisterhoove Social is still it's better.
>>
What was the meh episode?

I kind of agree if you say Fluttershy Leans In.
>>
>shit
>TRIXIE
>good
>mhe
>mhe

Give me more Trixie and I might apologize
>>
>>30029819
Pretty much this, except latest one being good to me.
>>
>2 good
>1 mediocre
>2 great
>1 bad

I'm relatively close to apologize.
>>
>>30029819

But Trixie is just a self-absorbed cunt.
>>
>>30029879
an entertaining one tho
>>
File: trixie boop.gif (530KB, 507x401px) Image search: [Google]
trixie boop.gif
530KB, 507x401px
>>30029879
I know, isn't she great?
>>
>>30029522
Yes it definitely wasn't bad but it's just that Pinkie already supposedly learned that she shouldn't be annoying introverted people back in S2
>>
>>30029888
>>30029889
Absolutely nothing about her is entertaining, likable or enjoyable.

Why the hell does anyone even like her when all she's good for is being a bitch, a bad friend and a complete failure?
>>
>>30029344
Unrelated, but is the full manga translated anywhere?
>>
>>30029981
That's why we love her. We see ourselves in her.
>>
>>30030026
I thought that was what Discord was for.
>>
>>30030143
Him too, but a different side of ourselves.
>>
>>30029981
T. Twiggles
>>
>>30030225
Hm, fair enough.

>>30030288
I find it hard to follow a ship between two people who honestly hate each other. Especially when it's two girls.

Besides, Trixie is just spiteful because Twilight is better than her despite the fact that Twilight doesn't even see it that way, let alone actually care.

But I guess that it's just bias for me. I like Twilight, so I don't like Trixie. That doesn't me from loving Discord, but that's because he's legitimately hilarious and a masterful troll.
>>
>>30029981
I like how powerful she is. it hurts to see them retcon her past power level but it looks like they are going to elevate her above that in the long term at least
>>
File: IMG_6273.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6273.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>30029334
something something VOGEL something SHIT
>>
>>30029334
> 4 shit episodes
> 2 meh episodes

Nope, season has been garbage so far.
>>
>>30029697
It wasn't about Fluttershy learning anything, it was about showing she doesn't just bend over and take it anymore. In that regard, the episode succeeded.

That said, it was a boring episode. It wasn't AJ's Day Off level of boring, at least, but still pretty boring.
>>
>>30029334
This season is shaping up to be another season 4. So far, it's loaded with conservative slice-of-life episodes that are enjoyable but completely forgettable.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.