[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when she was an actual character, and not just a screaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 133521346426.png (88KB, 400x682px) Image search: [Google]
133521346426.png
88KB, 400x682px
Remember when she was an actual character, and not just a screaming joke machine that bursts into scenes to spout off ran-dumb 1 liners?
>>
>>30020979
Yes, what about it?
>>
>>30020979
Nope, she's been like that the whole time.
>>
>>30020979
She's shit since S1
>>
That feel when the new production team ruins yet another thing about the show that used to be wonderful and magical.

Fuck this gay planet.
>>
>>30020979
She's always been like that.
>>
>>30020985
>>30020987
funny, I can't seem to remember any instances in S1 where she screeched her lines for no apparent reason, or was added to a scene just to say something stupid and off-topic to get the other characters to glare at her
>>
Daily reminder, the writers are intentionally turning the mane 6 into fucking idiots to make Starlight Glimmer look better and make her more likeable by comparison.
>>
>>30020982
I fucking hate NEET's
>>
>>30020979
not really, no
>>
>>30021004
>NEET's
I know how hard it is to type with your pony hooves but you could at least try, ponywife.
>>
>>30020979
No.
>>
>>30020994
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but do you have any proof of this?
>>
>>30021025
Even I was a little surpised that Pinkie assaulted Muffins with a pizza box in the maud/glimmer episode
>>
>>30021025
>do you have any proof of this?
http://yp1.yayponies.no/videos/episodes.php
>>
>>30020985
>>30020987
>>30020990
>>30021006
>>30021023
>"she's been like that the whole time!"

https://streamable.com/083ft

nope.

Finally put together a bunch of clips showing the night-and-day difference between S1 Pinkie and S4+ Pinkie, so you can see for yourselves.

>you just cherry picked examples!

Because I don't have time to cut up every single episode of the series and I'm sure you don't want to sit through 30 minutes of examples when I can make my point in just 2 minutes of examples.

>but there were times in S1/S2 when Pinkie was screechy and random!

Yes, there were. But they were very few and far between, whereas in S4 and beyond, it's almost every single fucking time she appears. All the fucking time in S4 and beyond, she screeches her lines for no apparent reason, or bursts into a scene just to drop a "so random" 1-liner.

Also, notice that the S1 and S2 episodes where she was particularly dumb or random (Fall Weather Friends and The Last Roundup) were both written by AKR, and she was the worst offender when it came to "screechie pie" in later seasons.

She hasn't particularly changed per se, she's just been somewhat flanderized. In the past, her screechy outbursts were rare. Now her screechy outbursts are all the time. Almost every episode she appears in, she screeches some of her lines, or gets tossed into a scene just to make a dumb joke or do something silly to contrast the tone of the scene. She feels less like a character and more like a token comic relief.
>>
>>30021594
now THIS is autism!
>>
>>30020979

That's because Pinkie is the only character than can see beyond the fourth wall.

She has to "keep character", but the strain has increasingly driven her mad over the years. She fears what would happen if the show was canceled or she's not good enough.

She tries to smile wide enough to bridge the gap, but the fear turns that into screams and creep.

We are the Outer Gods of Equestria, the endless madness of clop and Derpibooru, of bad fanfic and perverted greentext. She sees us, she sees it all.

And she wasn't all that stable to begin with.
>>
>>30021675
>It is autism
>So it is invalid lolz
Hi Jim/hasbro suit
>>
>>30021627
One d is in the word. The other d is in the sidemare's pussy. Hence one d.
>>
File: 1405124053330.png (238KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
1405124053330.png
238KB, 1024x655px
>>30021040
>Muffins
>>
>>30021040
Pandering knows no bounds.
>>
>>30021675
>lel autism!!11!

nice counterargument
>>
>>30020979
I'm not sure what you're referring to, Anon.
>>
>>30020979
The real Pinkie is still in there somewhere. She just needs a good writer behind her. Otherwise, yes, she's just used for cheap comedy.
>>
>>30020992
"Listen! This makes my voice sound really silly."
"Pinkie!"

Yep. Never happened.
>>
>>30021040
>Muffins
kill yourself
>>
Pinkie Pie has always been great in her own episodes but is boiled down to her most recognizable traits during group episodes or other ponies episodes, being fun, loud, and parties etc

This is literally the same for every character and always has been

You're fucking stupid OP
>>
>>30026744
>literally defending flanderization
IT'S FOR LITTLE GIRLS, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT, AMIRITE?
>>
>>30026771
Allow me to repeat myself

Pinkie Pie has always been great in her own episodes but is boiled down to her most recognizable traits during group episodes or other ponies episodes, being fun, loud, and parties etc

This is literally the same for every character and always has been

You're fucking stupid OP

Perhaps, you need to use google and look up the definition of "always" ,or maybe, you should go back and watch the show from the beginning , since you apparently haven't in a long time

I watch every day on Discovery Family
>>
>>30026848
>Pinkie Pie has always been great in her own episodes

Pinkie Pie episodes always feel hyperbolic.

Like she's either super happy or super worried.
>>
>>30026848
>le ebin "the show was never good :DDDD" reply
You people sicken me.
>>
>>30026744
>Pinkie Pie has always been great in her own episodes but is boiled down to her most recognizable traits during group episodes or other ponies episodes, being fun, loud, and parties etc

Yes, I recognize that.

The problem is that back in S1/S2, she was never screeching all her lines, or going off on long tangents because lolsofunneeXDD. I can only ever recall her doing that in Fall Weather Friends, and The Last Roundup....both written by AKR, who continued to write Pinkie as a screeching joke machine in later seasons.

Listening to the retarded pink horse screech out 1-line jokes for no reason gets pretty annoying after a while.
>>
>>30027099
So your issue is with Andreas approach to voice acting, totally different issue

>>30026865
Not what I said at at all, it's common sense
MLP is a 22 minute show....in episodes that force 6 characters to share equal screen time, they WILL without a doubt be boiled down to the most defining characteristis they have. Pinkie is hyper, Rarity says darling, Twilight is a nerd, AJ likes apples, Rainbow thinks shit is awesome, and Fluttershy is shy

This is how it fucking works, it has nothing to do with the show being good, it has to do with the fact that they all are sharing screen time. When an episode focuses on one of them individually, it gives a whole 22 minutes to expand their character, when they are all sharing it just means you're going to get the most cliche versions of each character
>>
>>30020992
FOREVER
FOREVER
FOREVER
>>
>>30020992
"And I said 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy-'"
>>
File: muffins.jpg (101KB, 595x960px) Image search: [Google]
muffins.jpg
101KB, 595x960px
>>30021040
>>
>>30020992
Did you not watch Swarm of the Century? The entirety of that episode can be summarized in Pinkie Pie being all random and not informing everyone else of why she "needs help finding some maracas" or saving Rarity by taking a flute, or wanting a tuba while she goes off to get one and everyone stares at her. And still, that episode is regarded to be at least decent to this day, yet people like you would instantly gut it if it aired in a current season precisely because of Pinkie's attitude and how it hinges entirely on a character being vague for the sake of it.

This "S1 can do no wrong" attitude needs to fucking stop. Every good episode from every season has been a result of good writers. As such, every season has also had its fair share of bad episodes whenever a lousy writer gets the job.
>>
>>30028533
Nice dubs, anon of truth
>>
>>30020979
She's been like that since S1, But they used her wrong in this season
>>
>>30028651
How? She's only been prominently been featured in one episode thus far, and it was a good one
>>
>>30029026
It was a great episode, but Pinkie was slightly too over the top. Like, I understand that she needed to be over the top for that episode to work, but even then she went to far.

Not by a lot, but just a little bit. You know?
>>
>>30021594
RIP best pony.
I'll never be able to look at my plushie the same way.
>>
>>30029068
>You know?
I'm afraid I don't, no, not at all.
Like I said, every character when reduced to a supporting role will be their most basic and recognizable traits, it's the same for every single pony and it has always been this way, and it's not just MLP, that's how it works in any show you could think of
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.