[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's sure a lot of negativity in the catalog right now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 28624645.png (132KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
28624645.png
132KB, 400x300px
There's sure a lot of negativity in the catalog right now. How about we have a positive thread?

What are your top three favorite episodes in the series and why?
>>
File: how it all began.png (178KB, 922x809px) Image search: [Google]
how it all began.png
178KB, 922x809px
>>30019959
This is now a feels thread. Cry because the good times are over.
>>
>>30019959
A Canterlot Shed pt 2
The Best Shed Ever
Secret of my Shed
>>
>>30019974
>secret of my excess
interesting choice. why?
>>
File: A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png (551KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png
551KB, 1280x720px
>>30019959
>The Cutie Mark Chronicles
Because it's an episode where we know more about the ponies' fillyhood, and we see that they were meant to bee friends since the beginning. And because it has one of the most heartwarming hugs in the entire show. Also, it was an episode where Rainbow Dash wasn't written out of character with the sole purpose of making a petty revenge against her look justifiable for no reason whatsoever.

>Sleepless in Ponyville
Because it was so touching seeing Scootaloo bonding with another pony, when we knew for a while that she wanted to have a sister like her friends. Also, it was an episode where Rainbow Dash wasn't written out of character with the sole purpose of making a petty revenge against her look justifiable for no reason whatsoever.

>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Because after so long, it was really beautiful to see the Crusaders getting their cutie marks at last. Really goods songs too. Also, it was an episode where Rainbow Dash wasn't written out of character with the sole purpose of making a petty revenge against her look justifiable for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>30019996
I'm sensing a theme here. You really like the CMC don't you? Which one is your fav?
>>
File: scootajuice.png (74KB, 480x610px) Image search: [Google]
scootajuice.png
74KB, 480x610px
>>30020004
>Which one is your fav?
>>
>>30019959
Just a tip, dont make blatant this board is shit lets improve it threads. It just makes everyone even more negative.

Start the thread by not referencing the negativity, like just using 'What are your top three favorite episodes in the series and why?' Its a bit boring with just that so add some interesting reason why people should respond, and your done.
>>
>>30019962
I read that, multiple times, as 'which pony would you fuck', and only realized it wasn't now.

or Mandela effect
>>
>>30019959
No Second Prances
A Canterlot Wedding Pt2
Return of Harmony pt2
>>
File: 1492275338964.png (265KB, 540x807px) Image search: [Google]
1492275338964.png
265KB, 540x807px
>>30020107
>Mandela effect
>>
File: 1363755540125.png (254KB, 757x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363755540125.png
254KB, 757x600px
>>30020018
I see you're a man of taste.
>>
>>30019959
I dont know names, but
>The one where Celestia sings and twilight gets her wings
>The one where the CMCs gets their marks
>The one where Tank dies

All had bad moments and caused massive canon problems, but its my favorite because its the 3 that were the most emotional and its the only 3 I cried watching.
>>
>>30020113
Probably throw in Twilight's Kingdom as well
Reason for all of those is part world building, part grand scale of the episodes. Also No Second Prances had great characterization
>>
1. The Best Night Ever - It's a classic. It's THE quintessential MLP episode. Everyone's character is bright and strong, the jokes land fairly well, the plots are engaging, everyone gets a piece of the spotlight, there's no power wank or large scale adventure, everything is cute, everything is wonderful, all this and a song too. The Best Night Ever is the Best Episode Ever.

2. Pinkie Pride - Pinkie's character ain't that strong in this episode, but the rest of the episode makes up for it. It helps that Cheese and the other five are strong enough to pick her up. It's got an opening song that's a little underrated as well, and considering that it's a musical episode, that's to be expected. It's just a nice, entertaining episode. There's nothing stressful, nothing cringy, nothing boring. There's not even any stakes, it just two ponies becoming friends. What more could you want?

3. Slice of Life - It's a love letter to the fandom. I can understand why that might make some people upset, but really,
you just need to not take it so seriously. There's nothing wrong with the characters the fandom helped create, and it's not wrong to enjoy them. They get their own generals for a reason. Of course, it helps that the episode itself isn't that bad either. At its core, it's a solid episode of nothing but ponies interacting in entertaining or humorous ways, that's been stuffed to the brim with easter eggs. It doesn't take itself seriously, it doesn't try to bite off more than it needs, it doesn't try to be deprecating or demaning. It's just 'here's the background ponies, in the foreground.' And that's just wonderful.

4?. This is subjective, but Luna Eclipsed is always gonna be high on my list, but that's just because it was the one airing when I started watching the show. It feels fucking weird looking back on its synopsis and remembering all the discussion for it we used to have.
We used to seriously wonder what design they'd use for her.
>>
File: file.png (646KB, 879x856px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
646KB, 879x856px
Going off the episode sorter from the data thread:

>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Fantastic songs, fantastic concepts, fantastic finale. Recontextualized and reformed a series-long antagonist sensibly, rewarded a group of series-long protagonists dramatically. Only real downside is that there's a third of a season's worth of good episode concepts that were used up for it.

>The Saddle Row Review
Humor's the best and most diverse it's ever been and characterization is on-point. Doesn't provide much else, but doesn't need to.

>Maud Pie
Similarly funny as TSRR (though not in as many ways) plus more varied emotion and a meaningful moral.

tfw favorite pone isn't in favorite episodes
>>
>>30019980
Rarity a top cute in that episode.
>>
>>30019959
>Canterlot Boutique
Very well put together musical episode with great message about challenging and accomplishing your dream for kids and also older viewers.

>Sonic Rainboom
World building and merchandising are very nicely coexisting in this episode and the Wonderbolts aerial maneuver in this episode is really well choreographed.

>Fall Weather Friends
It's just a simple, cute and fun episode with nice moral which provides you a good 22 minutes having fun. It's amazing that about 80% of the lines are done by one voice actress.

And for the wild card,
>Castle Sweet Castle
I think this is one of the most overlooked episode which sorted out mane6 and Spike's characters pretty well written by current story editors of the show. If you like Saddle Row Review, you would like this episode also since it's basically the same premise in reverse.
>>
>>30019959
The ones where gimmer didnt exist
>>
File: 1483903197973.jpg (69KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483903197973.jpg
69KB, 395x450px
>>30020746
>>
>Brotherhooves Social

This is my favorite episode. I love any episode where we get to see the CMC interact with their family. However this one is my favorite due not only to the fact it had a cross dressing Big Mac which was hilarious. But it was also rather sad and touching at the end when Big Mac told Apple Bloom that he feels overshadowed by applejack, and that he feels he's not a hero to her anymore. And then that warm fuzzy feeling that I got when Applebloom let Big Mac know she still loves and looks up to him.

>Slice of life

This one caught me off guard when I first saw it. I never actually expected an episode that focused on someone not from the Mane 6 or spike. It was great fun though with all the gags and references.

>Sisterhooves social

Again, my favorite type of episode and previously my most favorite. I generally love rarity episodes and this one was great.
>>
>>30019959
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>30022225
Any time you get Rarity and Sweetie Belle together it's a great episode. Those two have the best chemistry of any pair of ponies in the show. There's nothing like watching two drama-queens trying to out-drama-queen each other.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.