[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bronies react popped up in my feed, and since I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 22

File: acracebest.jpg (32KB, 791x442px) Image search: [Google]
acracebest.jpg
32KB, 791x442px
bronies react popped up in my feed, and since I haven't watched one in, must be 3 years, I decided to watch the season 6 finally one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV5khFRFbCk

and then the premier also.

I was fucking plesintly surprised.
>hates glimmer
>hates flurry
>hates the staff
>clopping references
>hates reformed changelings
>hates
>IWTCIRD
>brazers jokes
>trump references everywhere
>angry at plotholes
>fluttershy discord shipping

parts are a bit cringy, but its like im really on /mlp/. Half of them are basically the public faces of bronies, but they act like horsefuckers.

Has most people that used to hate /mlp/, and everything that came with us leave the fandom, and the rest let bronies combine with /mlp/ culture? Is it time we stop making the distinction between 'them' and 'us'? Fandom is beggining to get smaller so I dont think its productive to keep dividing it in 2.

How many of them actually browse /mlp/?
>>
File: cuztea.png (170KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
cuztea.png
170KB, 662x662px
>>30006977
>Is it time we stop making the distinction between 'them' and 'us'?
the only difference that has 'ever' existed between them and us is we were supposed to remain self aware and hide our power levels in public places.
this place sorely lacks self awareness anymore so much so that i would suggest a large portion are lietrally autistic; that they are simply incapable of self reflection. not even that they refuse to do it, that they just cant do it because theyre mentally incapable of critical thinking.

im sure many of the horsefamouse fags spend some time here now and then, and at least a handful that spend a sizeable amount of time here.
>>
Wow, an actually interesting thread for me. Thanks OP.

Anyways you bring up a really interesting point. I haven't been able to sit through a single one of these react videos. Simply because for the longest time I despised its type of content. I couldn't relate to the people in it. So I ignored it and never really spoke about it.

But then I actually met the two fags Saber and AC in person while a CG at a few cons. Turns out they aren't as cringey irl as they are in the vids at times. And we actually discussed important matters of content creation and creative vocation. They were upfront about how shitty things are and seemed like real people instead of just internet personalities like many analysts tend to be irl.

So yeah, I don't mind them and can actually relate to them on a personal level outside of social media.

>Inb4 personal blog

Yeah yeah my point is AC and kinda Saber are a lot like us in reality. They enjoy adult humor and understand adult problems. This kinda goes for a lot of personalities and content creators in the fandom. And yeah, many of them do lurk /mlp/ when they have the time. They even post every now and then if they can be inconspicuous about it.
>>
>>30006977
I know that these normie bronies appreciate adult humour and likes to discuss serious aspects of the fandom a long time ago. Your mindset on them is just toxic and it's just now that you're figuring out that you're wrong.
>>
>>30006977
Brownies react is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRSqpYuJg0
>>
>>30007049
my mindset was inherited from /mlp/
>>
File: killing someones thread.gif (134KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
killing someones thread.gif
134KB, 568x320px
>>30006977

>How many of them actually browse /mlp/?

They are the shitposters.
The glimmer hate, animefag and ">watching the show after season x".
>>
>>30007049
>Your mindset on them is just toxic
I cant take anyone opinion seriously that types like this.
>>
>Brony reacts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCydxKxKAiU
rate my edit

I don't like strike team but the reaction from Viva, AcRace and even AnimatedJames seem genuine with human. I didn't like BlackGryphon at first either but he's toned down.
>>
File: 1432827654105.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1432827654105.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>30007180
>27:44

gets me every time
>>
>>30007616
I like strike team, they seem genuinely autistic and relateable.
>>
I (used to, at least) appreciate both horsefucker humor as well as brony humor. I know that makes me autistic, but whatever. I appreciated them back when they just had the simple brony humor, making brony jokes and all that. It was funny, genuine, and that's what I wanted to see. I stopped watching them for about 2 years when they started letting some unfunny people on and it just felt like forced skits rather than a react video.

What it used to be:
>simple skits
>lots of genuine reactions
>a reasonable length (20-40m)
I appreciated it when it was like this.

>What is is now:
>super complex skits
>seemingly ungenuine reactions
>for an hour+
I don't like it like this.

Essentially, it went from a "react" video series (which I liked) to a "look at all the tryhard funny jokes I can make" video series. I liked it when the funny moments came from their genuine reactions. I don't like it when the funny moments are forced as being funny.

Off-topic: I met them at Bronycon '15, and they were some of the most chill people around. I got to meet them and Jax and those other bronies react people. I used to think a lot of them were great, and I was so happy to see that they were all just genuinely nice people and all that. I told Jax that he was the inspiration behind one of my old plays in high school and he pulled me in for a big bro-hug. Meeting them was a very memorable moment for me.
>>
>>30007660
(Cotd.)
And what I meant by "play" was he was an inspiration behind a play I made on varsity football.
>>
OP here, I just want to clarify that I used to watch then during season 2 -3, and used to like them, but stopped after /mlp/ told me we dont like those types of bronies, so I was just surprised at how much they have in common now with /mlp/.

Im busy marathonning all the things ive been missing from them now.
>>
>>30000000
>>
>>30007029
This, especially that guy who brings his Twilight plush around everywhere and even thinks she's "real". He needs help.
>>
File: IMG_4633.png (79KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4633.png
79KB, 476x600px
>>30006977
Where are the parts where they hate the show staff and make clopping references?
>>
people actually watch reaction videos? Let alone one longer than 20 seconds. You've probably seen everything in this video posted here within 24 hours of the episodes.
>>
>>30007790
I think that was in the season 6 premier one. since OP referenced it too.
>>
>>30006977
Probably all of them, and they should stop.

I wish the people who hate the show would leave and make their own board desu
>>
File: 1493012446233.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493012446233.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>30006977
>hates glimmer
ACRaceBest was literally the only one to jab at her consistently throughout the entire thing, and honestly he came off as an annoying tryhard cunt a couple of times while doing it.
>hates the staff
"hate" is too strong of a word, they didn't comment enough on the subject to really give us a complete idea of their stances on the staff.
>clopping references
Hardly. There were occasional instances of what I would call adult humor rather than direct clopping references.
>IWTCIRD
I missed this.
>trump references everywhere
There were like 2 or 3.

They aren't really acting like horsefuckers. There are real nor/mlp/eople channels, and these guys aren't really anything like them. They simply are not as opinionated as you're portraying them to be.

The way I see it, they're more like an /mlp/-lite.
It's been 6 years, and a lot of the more casual fans have left, allowing the darker side of the fandom to have a larger and less obscured presence. The fans that remain are either fans that were part of that darker side in the first place, or fans that have simply gotten used to it through exposure, and as a result are more comfortable joking about it and referencing it. It doesn't mean they embrace it, though, and embracing it doesn't necessarily mean they are nor/mlp/eople and share the same opinions as some nor/mlp/eople.
The only ones I suspect come here are Viva (he's actually posted here before) and maybe ACRaceBest.

As a side note, I got a few laughs from Viva and the Spartan guys. If they weren't there I probably wouldn't have been able to sit through the entire thing with ACRaceBest's drawn out unfunny tangents.
>>
>>30007730
Are you talking about Jin? I don't think he comes here, though he did visit once.
>>
>>30008298
which ones viva?
>>
>>30008525
The one with the really long hair.
>>
File: What_The_Heck.jpg (33KB, 750x190px) Image search: [Google]
What_The_Heck.jpg
33KB, 750x190px
>>30007180
This is bad.
>>
>>30008603
>RarityDash 2

YouTube sucks
>>
>>30006977
I thought about something. Since a majority of /mlp/ doesn't like the current content, why don't we make rival content?

For starters we could have Horsefucker reacts.
Have a few analysts and animators and boom.
Good quality content.
>>
>>30008853
>I thought about something. Since a majority of /mlp/ doesn't like the current content, why don't we make rival content?
Uh, who decided that?
MLP has a handful of loudmouthed idiots, they're a vocal minority....emphasis on minority, most people like MLP content here they just don't scream as much as the autists who are only here to talk about how they hate everything
>>
>>30008853
>Since a majority of /mlp/ doesn't like the current content

Stop.
>>
>>30008853
>Since a majority of /mlp/ doesn't like the current content
If you're talking about the show, a poll done a month ago put it at or just under 50%, senpai. It's not a majority.

>Why don't we make rival content
The fresh smell of new.
>Have a few analysts and animators and boom
Excuse me, while I just bust out ToonBoom and get to work on my show-accurate adaption of an original web series that I've written and voiced all by myself.

It takes a huge amount of time and dedication to make OC. It's nowhere near as simple as slapping my sagging tits, yelling 'Boom!' and magically conjuring content that appeals to me and like-minded individuals.
>>
File: casul poll.png (48KB, 880x622px) Image search: [Google]
casul poll.png
48KB, 880x622px
>>30008853
>25% hasnt even seen the whole show
>more than half havent even seen all the movies
you wonder why i cant take most opinions seriously.
>>
>>30006977
Holy shit op you're right
I actually enjoyed watching that

But yeah, what's left of the fandom is obviously not even close to what it was years ago. Now it's only us and people /like/ us.
No, I'm not going to use brony and horsefucker
We're all bronies and will always be
/)
>>
>>30009300
checked.
(\
>>
>>30009300
Unironic brohoof for you
(\

>>30009298
Those polls are never entirely accurate, but this board has become far too lenient on fans of the fandom desu, I feel like this started a couple years ago or something, but it's not a good thing. /mlp/ needs to grow some balls again
>>
>>30008298
>As a side note, I got a few laughs from Viva and the Spartan guys. If they weren't there I probably wouldn't have been able to sit through the entire thing with ACRaceBest's drawn out unfunny tangents.

Yeah Race wasn't his best in that one. Usually he's better, he seems like he tries to take on the role of making the jokes no one else made and just generally trying to make the video more fit together better since he's the editor.

That said, however you feel about the reactors themselves, it's INCREDIBLE that none of them are that bad. There are a lot of, y'know, socially undesirables in the MLP fandom, and there aren't any reactors like that. They're all tolerable and at least a few of them are usually really funny.
>>
>>30009635
bump bc like this thread.
>>
File: glimmyboops.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
glimmyboops.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>30006977
He will learn to accept the Glim Pill in time.
>>
File: 1427406501416.gif (186KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1427406501416.gif
186KB, 500x281px
>>30010973
>tfw /mlp/ has a polarized "autistically love glimmer" or "autistically hate glimmer" attitude
I just want to think she started out kinda bad, but she's improving in my eyes.
>>
File: 1493751109882.png (246KB, 1600x732px) Image search: [Google]
1493751109882.png
246KB, 1600x732px
>>30010973
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>30011007
>She started out kinda bad
But she was a pretty decent villain character, anon.

>She's improving
Ehhhhhhhh.
I'll just say I disagree.
>>
>>30011036
>decent villain
I meant as a protagonist. I believe she was a fucking excellent villain and stayed a villain.
>she isn't improving
I hear you. I feel like she is though. Not that I have concrete examples or anything, I just feel like she feels like she "belongs" in episodes more. The bitch-trixie episode gave me season 1 vibes, and her maud episode was really nice since their friendship felt so natural and un-forced (and pinkie was nice in that episode (regardless of the forced autism of ponk)).
>>
>>30011036
>>30011074
She was a fucking excellent villain and *should've stayed a villain.
>>
File: bleach.jpg (32KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
32KB, 680x453px
>being a fan of the fandom
>>
File: glimmy excited.jpg (24KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
glimmy excited.jpg
24KB, 466x466px
>>30011007
Glimmer is my least favorite of the main cast, but I still like her overall.
>>
>>30011097
That's how I'm starting to feel about her. She isn't as interesting, but she feels very "real" as a personality.
>>
File: 1493825968621.png (404KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493825968621.png
404KB, 800x800px
>>30011007
I don't shitpost her. I don't try and force people to like her. I don't care if people don't like her. She's not a perfect character. But I'll defend her to the end against the endless vitriolic hatred toward her that she doesn't deserve.
She IS improving and has been since she turned good.
>>
>>30011367
>hatred toward her that she doesn't deserve.
She doesn't deserve it honestly. But glimmerfags tend to be as autistic as ABglimmerfags. Nice to see you're not a sperg though.
>>
File: 1430171943490.jpg (32KB, 221x397px) Image search: [Google]
1430171943490.jpg
32KB, 221x397px
>>30011367
>I dont care if people dont like her
>But I'll defend her to the end against those who hate her
>>
File: fucking really.jpg (9KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
fucking really.jpg
9KB, 200x146px
>>30011635
Yeah, because the hatred often directed toward her here is the same thing as simply not liking her.
I don't like Applejack. It doesn't mean I harbor a hatred for her so deep that I refuse to watch any of her episodes and attack anyone who enjoys them.
>>
File: BlindReaction.jpg (32KB, 750x173px) Image search: [Google]
BlindReaction.jpg
32KB, 750x173px
>>30006977
Not only did I watch the video, but I also watched a "blind commentary" of the video, and it was fucking awful.
>>
>>30011739
>>30011739
If people dont like her, they're going to express said dislike on various levels.I 'm saying, you stated to care to "defend" against a gradient of opinion you dislike and supposedly dont care for.

You can just ignore the negative (unless its valid criticism) instead of defending a fictional character on a north korean baking forum
>>
>>30011752
>Blind Commentary

Bitch what the fuck?
>>
>>30008853
>For starters we could have Horsefucker reacts. Have a few analysts and animators and boom. Good quality content.

The only issue with this is that it's already done before in the form of Horse News. I'm not really sure about the details but know for a fact that /mlp/ is mostly against them.
>>
>>30011766
Then let me rephrase.
Any of the negative actual valid criticism I've seen here I will agree with. Because she's not a flawless character and I know where she deserves criticism.
The "hatred" I'm talking about is the harsh, buzzword filled, negative invalid criticism that results from false analysis of her character that she gets whenever you try to talk about her in a positive light in certain discussion threads. This is what she doesn't deserve. It's sort of hard to ignore, considering it pervades the entire board right now.
>>
>>30006977
That was pretty fun actually.
>>
>>30011858
>I'm not really sure about the details but know for a fact that /mlp/ is mostly against them.
because image-board humor doesn't translate to real live well. saying IWTCIRD is funny as text on here, but saying it in a blog or video (usually) isnt.
>>
>>30006977
shipping Fluttershy and Discord is not just /mlp/ but a major fandom thing after S6.
>>
>>30006977
>fluttershy discord shipping
And that is a good thing why?
>>
>>30007574
>hating a shit character is shitposting
wew
>>
>>30009298
>watching eqgshit
>thinks his opinion matters
>>
>>30013374
Nah, most people who hate Starlight encourage shitposting and spam to prevent actual discussion about her. That's why you're shitposters.
>>
>>30013391
>most people who like Starlight encourage shitposting and spam to prevent actual discussion
Fixed
>>
>>30007029
>us
>we were supposed
>hide our power levels

Anon, your new is showing.
>>
>>30013399
/mlp/ used to hate it when people mlped in public
>>
>>30007730
Jin doesn't post here
>>
File: average poochienigger post.png (38KB, 581x643px) Image search: [Google]
average poochienigger post.png
38KB, 581x643px
>>30013397
What? Heavens no, Anonymous!
It's NEVER the poochiefags doing the shitposting, it's clearly always those evil falseflaggers!
>>
>>30013397
I never said there weren't glimmerposting shitposters, just that Starlight haters often use the exact same tactics they complain about.

>>30014128
Thanks for giving me an example.
>>
desu I've always found Bronies React to be hilarious.

Shit like the react to generation 3.5, or the little mini-rant AC had against the little ad bumpers spoiling part of the finale as it was airing. I even like most of the people involved in them. The worst are when, like, Blackgryph0n starts showing off that he's good at singing, or those guys who dress as Spartans (they're just not funny at all).

I'm just not sure anything they do now or in the future is going top Larson's appearance though.
>>
>>30014369
>Larson's appearance
when did that happen?

I like the Spartans and Blackgryph0n though, and dont like 2 shyFlutterGuy and vulva or something like that, but thats what I like about bronies react, theres something for everyone. and no one is shons so much that it would ruin the entire thing if you dont like them.
>>
>>30014404
>Larson's appearance
>when did that happen?

Here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spb_1Q45gXs

It was one of the better reacts even without Larson in it, I feel.
>>
>>30014369
>>30014417
>the bit with copies of his book just being all over the room
My sides every time. I miss the madman.
>>
File: shiggy.png (43KB, 502x284px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
43KB, 502x284px
>>30013399
youre right. feel free to be excluded from people who are self aware and hide their power levels in public and make sure you brag here all about it.
>>
>>30014417
downloading it tonight, i didnt know Larson was a brony
>>
>>30006977
>Half of them are basically the public faces of bronies, but they act like horsefuckers
They're jaded, friend.

These "horse famous" fans have witnessed the rise and fall of the fandom in it's entirety
There's nothing left for them but to laugh mockingly at the show's shadow of its former self
>>
I has no desire watching autists complain instead of quietly enjoying the show.
>>
>>30014940
Larson was probably the one who was involved in the fandom the most. It's seriously a shame he's gone.
>>
>>30006977
the fruit don't fall far from the tree
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.