[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have left and then later came back? Share

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: v.png (156KB, 640x594px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
156KB, 640x594px
How many of you have left and then later came back?

Share your stories.
>>
>>30005336
I wished I left. But I didn't.
>>
>>30005336
I left a while ago after I became tired of the show, and subsequently tired of the fandom (which was shrinking by the day at the time).
About a month ago, some emotional events transpired in my life. I needed something that would make me feel happy again, so I went back to the show. Eventually, I found my way back to the board, and have been here ever since.
>>
>>30005336
>come here from tf2
>start reading smut for laughs
>leave after about a year
>come back recently because gf spends far too much time on 4chan
>I actually spend more time on /o/ and /d/ now
>I can feel this place corrupting me like it corrupted her
>>
>>30005336
I came in 2013 and only left for most of the time in 2016 because internet was down.

I'm only here until I can find a girl that appreciates it as much as me and will cosplay as my waifu so I can take her to a con and make other ponyfags jelly.
>>
I left before the end of season 3 since imo it was boring as fuck and i later heard twilight was made into an alicorn so i didn't come back.
Came back a few days ago because i remembered a bit of fan music and then got to listening to the songs from the show.
Dling the episodes now to catch up.
>>
>>30005393
Kill youreselve
>>
I left to go to the cuckshed.
>>
>>30005410
Nah you go into the gas chamber bitch
>>
I stopped browsing about a year ago and then a little while later started to again. I just got sidetracked cause I still enjoy ponies. Granted it doesn't feel the same as it use to but I'm here and it's fun sometimes.
>>
File: 1409709342986.png (179KB, 1000x510px) Image search: [Google]
1409709342986.png
179KB, 1000x510px
I started being interested on /co/ when the show was originally announced, and became disillusioned during season 3 because of the show becoming shit and me trying to distance myself from bronies, which were at that point making documentaries about themselves and really making me look pathetic by association.

I haven't watched any of the show since Equestria Girls released, but in the last month or so I've been lurking /mlp/ again because I have a guilty pleasure for the shitty greentext fics this place pumps out. I used to practically have a dedicated thread for my old shit so I suppose I was foolish to think I could escape completely.

There's something I find very fascinating about the archetypal nature of the characters this show produces which lends itself well to crude, self-serving storytelling. Just like the kaleidoscope of bright colors that make up the show, each character is bright, clear, and distinct in its formation and execution, to the point where even a casual onlooker can take any imaginary situation and know exactly how the character in question would respond, or react. Another thing I find interesting is the way that every character seems to have an unambiguous set of flaws and sore points which are very true to life, and I think that is one of the things that makes them so compelling to bounce off each other, compared to similar fictional characters who's main flaw is that they're "clumsy," "distracted" or something equally trite.
>>
Started after Sonic Rainboom, took a break after Sisterhooves Social due to burnout, came back for the S6 finale due to a friend, caught up on everything I missed during the wait for S7.

Regret staying away for so long since it seemed like it would've been a fun ride, but being able to watch everything unspoiled was nice.
>>
>>30005336
Does leaving for the off-season count? Because that's what I do every year.

This board is barely bearable when there is content to discuss, I would imagine when there is none it is just generals running back to back.
>>
I left, but I never came back.
>>
File: IMG_3320.jpg (27KB, 415x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3320.jpg
27KB, 415x428px
>>30005780
Well said
>>
I did but before /mlp/ was a thing. Used to fuck around 4chan from 08-10 and drifted away around the time pony came on to the scene. Around 2012 my IRL friend got me into the show and got me back into 4chins a little bit after /mlp/ was created. Haven't really left since. Other places just don't have the same feel as 4chan.
>>
>>30005401
What why
>>
Been on since the beginning. I took a two month or so break shortly after the S6 mid-season hiatus ended, but otherwise been riding nonstop.
>>
I was a Season 1 fag, dropped in Season 2 since you guys became insufferably cringy and I didn't want to be associated with you faggots.

I've been wondering to get back into the show (not the fandom though), as I actually did enjoy it. (Had a stressful job and the episodes helped me relax)

Is it worth it?
>>
>>30005336
Once. And I missed /mlpol/ as a result! Never again.
>>
>>30005336
I stoped watching the show after season 4. After first couple of episodes of season 5 I stopped going to /mlp/. Then when season 6 came out, I decided to check it out. I learnt that Starlight got reformed. And because I liked her from the descriptions of other anons and the pic. related before, after watching the season opener and enjoying her in it I decided to exclusively watch only her episodes from now on.
>>
>>30006375
I dunno, do you feel like it would be worth it?
>>
File: pinkie pie cozy.jpg (46KB, 736x590px) Image search: [Google]
pinkie pie cozy.jpg
46KB, 736x590px
>>30005336
I remember jumping on around the time Season 1 ended and became a huge fan (I refused to call myself a brony at the time). I browsed Equestria Daily, wrote a fanfic that was decently received by the less than 30 or so people that read it, helped a guy write a fanfic by more-or-less proofreading his work, I even made pony weapon reskins for TF2 that got put on a website with a whole bunch of other pony reskins. Season 2 came, pretty great, I wasted more of my life obsessing over a Flash-animated cartoon about marshmallow-like tiny horses. Season 3 was still pretty great but interest was beginning to wane. Joined /mlp/ after breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't a trap to mass IP ban any and every person that posted inside in an effort to rid the board of bronies.

I left around Season 4. I think around halfway through the season I just completely lost interest, that and I wanted to distance myself from the whole "brony" phenomenon (I actually had family members buying me tons of pony shit, I only wanted one small figure man).

I still found the show enjoyable (Seasons 1 - 2 anyway) but never really thought about it much after a few weeks. Then I saw they made an episode that was a commentary on total equality or communism or some shit and I watched it, it was kinda interesting, so I tried regularly watching it again. I just couldn't. I dunno what it was, but I just couldn't get back into it. Maybe I started watching again at the wrong place, maybe I grew up, who knows.

Years and years go by where instead of obsessing over MLP I obsess over other stuff that doesn't help me and wow somehow I ended up here again by total chance and see this thread.

This takes me back to first hearing Winter Wrap Up. Cozy.
>>
>>30006589
I'd do it for best pony.
>>
>Breaks from /mlp/
All hiatuses after season 3.

>Breaks from the show.
Half way through season 5 until the end of season 5.
Half way through season 6 and other than 2 episodes (Stranger and Top Bolt) I haven't seen anything past Spice Up your Life.

>Skipped episodes
Hoofield and McColts, A Hearthswarming Tale, Troubleshoes episode, and Brotherhooves social.
>>
>>30006366
That is quite a long stretch
>>
File: really.png (244KB, 345x340px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
244KB, 345x340px
>>30005336
i left to go to bed.

then i came back.
>>
>>30006446
were you taking a t-break from 4chan as a whole on april fools day?

Seems kind of hard to miss the merged boards if you were spending time on almost any part of 4chan at the time.
>>
Came back because of mpol.
>>
File: 1491073869748.jpg (171KB, 616x448px) Image search: [Google]
1491073869748.jpg
171KB, 616x448px
>>30005336
Joined the ride in 2011, dropped off right after MMC. Got curious again right before S5, watched S4 and liked it, came back and never left since (other than taking breaks mid-hiatus).
>>
>>30005336
i was in last time was 2 years

about a year but diditn participate or anithing mostly just read and shitposted , back when i was gf less fucko
got gf

idk why she doesnt likes me having my pone , just left mlp and the fandom.
Mostly concentrated on her and school
latley whe havent been seeing us that much
having free time felt weird started watching samurai jack
and later on got to co and im back to mlp
i honestly feel its like graffity will always be a part of my life
>>
>>30007318
Your frog worshipping buttfuck party isn't even 'here' anymore
>>
>>30007502
>i honestly feel its like graffity will always be a part of my life

what?
>>
>>30007502
dumb mobile poster
>>
>>30007309
I was trying to quit 4chan.
>>
>>30005336
Wonder how many are oldfags.
>>
>>30006202
Literally me. I only came back to 4chan because of ponies, circa 2011.
>>
>>30006695
>skipping Brotherhooves social

Did you buy into the TRANSMISOGYNY autism?
>>
>>30005336
I left for a while near the end of 2016. Came back when season 7 started up.

Poni should be everything, but /mlp/ is best experienced in moderation.
>>
>>30006695
Hearth's Warming Tail is worth a look. The others are pretty uneventful, besides the ending of Brotherhooves Social.
>>
>>30000000
>>
>>30005336
never, I'm not a faggot
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.