[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It doesn't matter if the experts tell you that you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1426908826309.png (342KB, 748x748px) Image search: [Google]
1426908826309.png
342KB, 748x748px
>It doesn't matter if the experts tell you that you're wrong, all that matters is your vision.

You hear that, boys? The show doesn't need to be good, all that matters is that they get to do what they want with it.
>>
Well yeah, that does reflect the general attitude towards criticism in this fandom.

>"fuck your criticism, it's a kids show, we do what we want"
>>
>>29984734
Episode didn't make fucking sense

>You hire experts to do a specific job
>they dont care about you and just do their own vision

WTF? That's some real strawman. I mean didn't they got paid for their work? And if they didn't then why was Fluttershy being a bitch? Just let them do their own stuff for free and you do your own without them. This way you get 2 cakes anyway.
>>
File: 0outta10.png (237KB, 1914x1620px) Image search: [Google]
0outta10.png
237KB, 1914x1620px
>>29984734
That depends entirely on the area which you're being criticized in.

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I don't know what's the area in there, but regarding the area of TV shows, there is no objective criteria for quality except for maybe technical ones.

If there would be, every single critic ever would share the exact same opinion.
Also

>the experts
>a bunch of whiny manchildren on 4chan
>>
>>29984734
>Jim Miller rubbing hands together with a sinister grin
>>
>>29984917
Wasn't implying we were experts.

Fluttershy essentially employed a bunch of experts to build something, her vision was ambiguous and stupid, so they ignored her and did their own thing, she told them to sod off and built her thing her way.

I got the impression that the message was 'ignore criticism, your vision is what matters'.
>>
File: mlpol.png (429KB, 1136x1438px) Image search: [Google]
mlpol.png
429KB, 1136x1438px
>>29984892
>>they dont care about you and just do their own vision
>That's some real strawman.
Not in this racket. It's fairly accurate.
>>
>>29984969
The message was experts don't know everything.

It's an appeal for lazy lardasses to stop wasting their lives away by doing nothing themselves
>>
They were experts in building an animal sanctuary?
>>
>>29984969
There's a difference between ignoring criticism and having someone do something completely different.

If you ask me to build a house, and I tell you that's stupid because what you really want is a fountain, and then I build you a fountain, I'm not criticizing your plans to build a house, I'm speaking for you.

Really, the episode was an excuse for Fluttershy to stand up to herself against both strangers and her friends, on top of showing Fluttershy stick to her dream instead of giving up.
>>
>>29985031
That would be fine if Fluttershy's vision wasn't a complete mess, even I had trouble following exactly what it was she wanted. She wanted a place for the animals to recuperate, but like, nature and stuff? Just let them go into the fucking forest, mane.
>>
>>29985031
What exactly did you expect the experts to do? Fluttershy's instructions were vague and nebulous at best, and what she actually wanted was outside their area.

It's more like someone came out and told you to make a 'building' and just leaves. Then you build a rollercoaster because your area of expertise is theme parks but then the guy fires you because he actually wanted a cinema.
>>
>>29985031
You can't delegate your DREAM to someone else. Period.
>>
>>29985084
It's not like Fluttershy's demands were that obscure.
The construction guy was the only one who had a reasonable excuse. The other experts were clearly in the wrong. Fluttershy says 'use green and brown and don't use a curtain.' The guy then uses a bright orange and black curtain. Fluttershy says 'do not use a cage' and even points out exactly what she wants. So the girl brings in a fucking cage.
>>
>>29985113
I ask again, what did you expect the experts to do?

She was a trapper, he was high class fashnista. They were completely unfit for the job.
>>
>>29985004
>MY OPINIONS ARE FAIRLY ACCURATE
>>
>>29985196
>H-hasbro dindu nuffin.
Drink bleach.
>>
>>29985205
>if SOMEBODY doesn't agree with me about SOMETHING, he is a hasdrone
If I corrected a spelling mistake of yours, would I be a hasdrone too?
>>
>>29985223
OKay, lay out how the people who scared off the original creator over conflicting visions, and secretly replace writer's work behind their back with their own (Larson and pandora's box) and seemingly completely innocent like you believe.
>>
>>29984734
>Just because they're "experts" I will let them do whatever they want and not what I told them to do.

Yeah, that's not how things works in real life, kid.
>>
>>29985244
>and secretly replace writer's work behind their back with their own (Larson and pandora's box)
I need info on this.
>>
>>29985275
The experts were not portrayed in ralatable manner for this message to work.

Unless Rarity, Aj and Dash are friends with conmen.
>>
>>29984969
>Fluttershy essentially employed a bunch of experts to build something,
They were friends of friends asked for a favour that ignored what the "employer" wanted.

I had paid for some commissioned work in the past and appreciated personal input from the artists in areas I gave them free rein, nothing pissed me more than them delivering something different than specified in-print and then getting pissy when I asked them to do it the way it was supposed to be saying I was just complaining at the last moment. You had a sketch with the colours clearly shown for each piece, why the fuck did you change that ?
>>
>>29984734
The experts weren't actual experts in this case however.
>>
>>29985084
Nigger the drawing was clear: build some nests, direct a small portion of a river to go through the middle, assemble some wooden bridges and that's it. The stream would be the hard part but the picture was clear: a small but open natural space.
>>
>>29985935
Yes, hence them being strawmen.
>>
>>29985673
At a con he went into detail about what he had actually wrote for the episode compared to what MMC was. It's recorded on YT.

Of course, he could just be easily lying to cover for his fat ass, but the circumstances of having to make a story centring on Hasbro raping Twilight doesn't really warrant that, since nobody could make a good story about that. Also with a Hasbro executive becoming a writer in S6, there's a prime suspect as well.
>>
It really fucking bothered me how vague Fluttershy was being with her god damn instructions. I honestly expected the experts to at least attempt to do it Fluttershy's way and fuck it up, but they do their own shit which bothered me even more. I thought Fluttershy was going to at least try to be more specific and find a compromise with the experts, but it didn't happen and she just tells them to fuck off. Both sides were shitty, but Fluttershy was shittier since she got what she wanted anyway without their help and didn't really learn a lesson.

At least she wasn't being a doormat though, I can appreciate that.
>>
>>29984734
Wait, what's going on? Did an episode leak?
>>
>>29986125
It didn't leak, Treehouse TV aired the upcoming episode early like they always do with their popular shows.
>>
>>29986125
We're getting half of S7 in May lmao
>>
>>29986125
>an episode

Haha

HALF THE FUCKING SEASON leaked.

Say goodbye to this community.
>>
>>29984734
Tell that to Lauren Faust's creative visi---OH WAIT A MINUTE
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.