[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when she used to just be a quirky free spirited character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 20

File: Pinkie7.png (131KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie7.png
131KB, 403x403px
Remember when she used to just be a quirky free spirited character? I swear they've ratcheted her annoying level up yet another notch this season. I loved Maud in today's episode, but Pinkie was just unbearable. Why does Andrea have to scream every single line? This could have been a great episode, but every time something started to look interesting the pink one ruined it.
>>
>>29977583
>I swear they've ratcheted her annoying level up yet another notch this season.
>implying they can possibly ratchet it even further after S5
>>
>>29977583
Glimmer needs development more than her
>>
>>29977617
>implying they can possibly ratchet it even further after S5
I didn't think it was possible, but this episode has shown otherwise. It will no doubt be a trend for the rest of the season.
>>
>>29977583
This is the first time i found her annoying as well.

seriously, just 5 minutes of no pinkie in the episode would have made it fine, but seeing her hyperactive shit for 20 minutes straight was just annoying.
>>
>>29977583
They did so well making her annoying without being too annoying in the episode with the donkey. I miss the old writers.
>>
>>29977583

I used to be a big Pinkie fan... this is the first time I've ever legitimately found her annoying
>>
>>29977696
Well it's worth it if it means making Glimmer look better
>>
>>29977583
>Remember when she used to just be a quirky free spirited character?
Yeah, back in season 1. Season 2 onwards already turned her into a screeching retard.
>>
>>29977583
I usually find Pinkie extremely annoying but for some reason in this episode I didn't. Maybe it's because the characters were aware of her being annoying, maybe because it was towards the characters I don't really care about, maybe it was that she did that because she can't do anything else for Maud, but in the end it wasn't that bad for me.
>>
>>29977630
>>29977810
Its never a good thing to throw a character under the bus to advance another one.
>>
>>29977815
Same. It WAS the point of the episode after all.
>>
>>29977583
Well, at least Pinkie admitted that she was being too annoying, which was exactly the problem the episode presented.

This is probably wishful thinking here, but Pinkie having this epiphany would give the writers an excuse to dial back her annoying-ness in future episodes
>>
>>29977810
I couldn't believe that I was actually looking forward to Starlight getting screen time in this episode.
>>
pinkie was fine in this episode.
she was fine in filli vanilli too.
>>
>>29977583
>every time something started to look interesting the pink one ruined it.
That was the entire point of the episode.
before starlight showed up it was unfun to watch though.
>>
>>29977583
This is nothing new. Remember A Friend in Deed? What about Filli Vanilli?
Pinkie has been a socially clueless retard for quite some time. Things need to go her way otherwise she goes batshit insane.
>>
>>29977583
Think Andrea was one of Lauren's compromises?
I honestly think she was.
(haven't seen the episode btw but I want to discuss this)
>>
File: ____by_astringe-d5d87vq.png (171KB, 334x455px) Image search: [Google]
____by_astringe-d5d87vq.png
171KB, 334x455px
>>29977583
We are talking about a pony who would give away one of their most prized possessions just to give their sister a good gift. And now said sister might move into Ponyville and be around her all the time?
You're damn right she'd get over eager.
>>
File: masturboop.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>29977630
Glimmer a lot more than that, she needs chemistry with characters and a presence that doesn't seem completely forced on top of that
I mean even if her liking kites was set up beforehand in S6, in what way would it ever have relevance in an episode outside of this one and how would it tie into her talent? I mean Twilight likes reading, but mastering magic usually requires a lot of reading. Dash and Appul like athletics, but their professions and talents relate to being in shape and active.
The kites thing is just totally random and seems like another desperate attempt to give her """depth""" and make her seem more interesting by having another fan favorite character being her new best friend.
>>
>>29978117
>still no (you)s
Background: Lauren Faust revealed that she REALLY needed Cathy Weseluck to be Spike, and she had do make compromises about other voice actors to get her.
I think Andrea Libman was one of those compromises, that was not Lauren Faust's first choices. Andrea Libman had main roles in G3, so she probably had friends and contacts that pressured to give her a role in G4 as well, and her understanding of Pinkie is not very good. So I think it's reasonable to speculate that Lauren Faust would have wanted someone else, if it wasn't for how much better Cathy Weseluck was.
>>
>Things need to go her way otherwise she goes batshit insane.

And this episode makes Pinkie learn that she can't always have it her way. And blowing up a cave in an attempt to trap Maud and Starlight together for the sake of bonding does not justify always getting her way.

The best thing we can hope for now is that Pinkie won't act this annoying anymore whenever someone makes friends without her intervention.
>>
>>29978108
A Friend in Deed was fine. They found the perfect balance there and used her annoyance as a strength. The interaction between her and Cranky drove the story. In this episode they tried to do the same thing, but instead of focusing on how annoying she is to the other characters they just made her annoying to the audience. Remember how that episode started? With one of the most memorable songs in the series. How did this episode begin? With Pinkie acting like a spastic kid with ADHD at Maud's graduation. Instead of focusing on character interaction, this one was about interrupting character interaction. I want to see how Starlight and Maud get along. That would have made an interesting episode. But instead it was all about setting up great moments and then tearing them down before anything good happens.
>>
>>29978216
Cathy was involved in G3 as well though. So was Tabitha, for that matter.

Remember that Lauren originally wanted Tara Strong as Pinkie Pie? Despite the fact that she makes a perfect Twilight, just imagine if she had taken the role of Pinkie. I would probably find the character endearing instead of irritating.
>>
>>29978296
>Tara Strong as Pinkie Pie
We already know how adorable it can be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2POq68b0X0
>>
>>29977810
>it's worth trashing a main character as long as it makes poochie look better

Kill yourself, my dude.
>>
>>29977583
ITT: These episodes didn't happen:
-Griffon the Brush off
-Feeling Pinkie keens
-A friend in deed
-Wonderbolt academy
-The last roundup, to an extent.

Point is, she's free and careless, until something gets in her way. THEN she panics, try harder and harder until derpession. In this one she just stayed in tryhard mode. But its still part of her character and you know it.
>>
>>29977583
You mean the writers don't know how to write one of the main characters without fucking it up completely? I don't believe it!

Some writefags on this board would be better scriptwriters than the retards writing episodes right now.
>>
>>29977815
This, ponkfags don't realize this but for anybody who don't get into the "genki girl" thing pinkie is annoying as fuck. She bend to no real rule, she can basically do whatever she wants and gets away with it. To me, it's annoying as hell, I prefer character with struggle and Pinkie's only real struggle is when people don't accept her friendship, making said person automatically bad by default.

I'm GLAD that this episode acknowledged how much of a spaz she can be and put her in her place Maud was the perfect candidate for it because she can reject her without being seen in a bad light.
>>
>>29977583
I believe this was totally in character with Pinkie. She cares so much about her sister's happiness that she will do whatever it takes to see her happy, beyond what she'd do for a random pony. Problem is she goes too far, and while Maud and Glimmer are friends, you could use it as a parallel for when someone tries desperately to hook 2 people up. They want it to work so badly between them, they hound them and obsess over it to make sure nothing goes wrong without ever realizing they themselves are sabotaging it. I can absolutely see Pinkie doing this.
>>
>>29977583
>Remember when
>>29977810
This is why this episode made Pinkie and Maud look as bad as possible, even throwing in a random "Maud helped Starlight do what she did even though you already know it was her bullshit random supermagic power and not a magic rock or a magic stick as we already stated".

That "Shift blame onto the fan-beloved Maud and attach her to Glimmer" episode just SCREAMED "Miller demanded this".

By the way

ITT: Intelligent people, and tards going "She woz always annoying lol".
>>
>>29977583
No? Pinkie has always been annoying unless she was getting physically assaulted so that I felt sorry for her. Also her voice gives me a headache when I'm hungover.
>>
>>29978492
>Maud was the perfect candidate for it because she can reject her without being seen in a bad light
This. Maud knows her the best and she knows how Pinkie is. The fact is that Pinkie isn't annoying here because of no reason. She is worried because of Maud and Maud just can't tell her there's nothing to worry about.

I know people say that Pinkie is oblivious to everything but here she's anything but that, and THAT'S that problem here, she knows that other ponies can't really connect with her so she needs this to go right. And when she sees her and Starlight actually being together the only thing she can do is ensure that it goes well, the only way she really can.

Yes, she IS at fault here, but it's ok. It's ok to be wrong, her heart was in the right place and she learned a lesson. The very fact that Pinkie's attitude is even acknowledged by the characters is not something we see very often. I think this episode was good for Pinkie.
>>
>>29978483
I'm not just talking about the writers. I'm talking about Andrea Libman as well. Her delivery is grating on the ears. Pinkie was always excited and cheery, but at least there was nuance in her voice. Almost every line she recorded for this episode was just hyperactive screaming.
>>
>>29978571
"Throwing in a random "Maud helped Starlight do what she did even though you already know it was her bullshit random supermagic power and not a magic rock or a magic stick as we already stated"."

That really did seem extremely out of place. I mean, clearly she didn't need the stone to hold Cutie Marks when she could rip it off with just her magic and store them in jars.
>>
>>29978296
>Remember that Lauren originally wanted Tara Strong as Pinkie Pie?
Any source for that?
>>
>>29978846
I can't find it (it's probably in a video interview), but when Lauren originally approached her the plan was for her to audition for Pinkie Pie. While she was there she had Tara do a couple other voices as well, and when she heard her Twilight voice she thought it was perfect.
>>
>>29977583
>This could have been a great episode, but every time something started to look interesting the pink one ruined it.

I think that was the point anon.
>>
>>29977630
Kill yourself.
>>
Pinkie is annoying since S1 guys
>>
>>29977810
end yourself.
>>
File: mauddisgusted.png (62KB, 232x185px) Image search: [Google]
mauddisgusted.png
62KB, 232x185px
>>29977583
It's not 'they', it's Confalone's personal vision of her character. He personally considers her to be able to go to extreme lengths for her sister. That's his headcanon. It's probably false, considering Pinkie should've known better ever since she met Crankey Doodle, but still, it's not some fucking evil 'they' like you like to think.
If you didn't notice, she was fine in S6 and in Confalone's previous Pinkie episode, Party Pooped.
>>
>>29979521
The thing about S1 was that Pinkie SEEMED like a character that would be annoying, but she actually wasn't. Lauren paid a lot of attention to making sure she didn't become a typical annoying cartoon character.
I remeber at Bronycon in January, when Andrea Libman used her Pinkie Voice, and it had turned into that annoying, screaming Pinkie voice that she uses in the show now. In the beginning, her voice was much better.
>>
>>29977583
>they've ratcheted her annoying level up yet another notch this season

AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

just how much can they flanderize an already flanderized character?
>>
>>29977771
She's was SUPPOSED to be annoying. It all has to do with her obsessive relationship with Maud. Pinkie overcompensates for Maud's reserved nature, and we've seen this in past Maud episodes.
>>
>>29979593
>Grasping at straws
Jim please
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 116x156px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 116x156px
>>29977583
I had to rename my 'best pony' folder sometime during S3

How can you continue ruin a character this fucking much?
>>
>>29979543
It's not Confalone, it's Mike Vogel getting worse and worse at his fanfiction of Lauren's characters.

You can tell it's Vogel because it's his exact type of humour and writing style since season 2.
>>
File: mike_vogel.jpg (15KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
mike_vogel.jpg
15KB, 200x309px
>>29979605
Seems like his writing is aging as bad him. From bad to worse.
>>
>>29979521
This, she's so annoying to the point where its unbearable at times.I wish someone would stich her fucking mouth shut or something.
>>
>>29979600
I consider her the worst of the Mane 6 since S1
>>
File: 1493447335956.jpg (162KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1493447335956.jpg
162KB, 1224x1445px
>mfw couldn't enjoy maud because pinky insecurity.
>>
>>29979593
>She's was SUPPOSED to be annoying
She was supposed to be annoying toward Maud. That drives the story. When you make your character annoying toward the audience it makes them like the episode less.
>>
>>29978492
as a ponkafag I can confirm that I enjoy when Pinkie is being her usual reality breaking adorable self, but I also enjoy it when she has to become more grounded when ponies finally call her out on her crazy bullshit
>>
File: 1346990809910.gif (644KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1346990809910.gif
644KB, 640x360px
>>29979633
I used to like her best because of the balanced cartoonishness and innocent cheerfulness

but that's long gone, now it's all about screaming and screeching, making shitty post-newgrounds youtuber-tier stupid over-exaggerated faces and being the town idiot in general
>>
>>29979660
>implying Maud and audience have different standards for 'annoying'
If anything, it's probably harder to annoy Maud than the audience. How the fuck were they supposed to pull that off?
>>
>>29978628
>>29979605
>>29979618
>>29979630
I mocked someone a week ago for suggesting this, but...

If someone made a petition to get Vogel and Miller fired and replaced, I'd sign it.
>>
>>29978439
>Griffon the Brush off
she was far more bearable and level headed in that episode. This was on the level of meme spewing.
>>
>>29979899
This is actually a good idea, I'd sign it too.They're ruining the show.
>>
I'm being serious here, could we actually make a petition? Could it work?
>>
File: luna sweating.jpg (13KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
luna sweating.jpg
13KB, 500x281px
>>29979899

Travel back in time to kill Hitler and you might replace him with someone worse.

Who would replace these two and what would happen to the show? Would they be competent?
>>
>>29979923
what
>>29979719
said. GtBO had her actually stop to reason every now and again. She was being annoying to Gilda but she wasn't being overly obnoxious.
>>
>>29979899
>>29979929
>>29979984
I'm at the point of seriously considering physical violence on these fucks and i'm not nearly as autistic about the show as some people are.
You'd get a sizable number of people signing it on that premise alone, but it would only actually solve anything if we have objective "These people are doing a terrible job." reasons.

>>29980037
A literal mary sue is in the show to the point that calling her "poochie" is an apt comparison regardless of the one guy that keeps pushing it, it could not get much worse.
Stalin was already worse than Hitler.
>>
>>29977810
She'll need a lot more than that if you seriously follow this line of thought.
>>
File: 1492595044435.png (359KB, 2922x2463px) Image search: [Google]
1492595044435.png
359KB, 2922x2463px
>>29979984
>>29979929
>>29979899

Do it, it would be hilarious watching you people make such fools of yourselves.
>>
>>29979929
>ruining
I can tell by all the people on /mlp/ voting up Glimglam episodes. You definitely speak for the majority.
>>
File: Seriously.png (306KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
306KB, 419x600px
>>29980059
Chill out, dude. It's a children's cartoon show.
>>
>>29979545
And S2 Pinkie? You know the one who in a story that Lauren had a heavy hand in (Luna Eclipsed) was an annoying, oblivious, screaming jackass. Or hell what about A Friend in Deed, there's a reason people only remember the Smile Song about that episode. Or even going back to Season 1 for all you Seasonwunners Swarm of the Century. Pinkie has always had episodes where she's an annoying jackass, even under the Renzetti-Faust era.
>>
>>29980142
I really hate shitty writing and wasted potential, "It's a childrens cartoon" is no excuse especially since the quality of an existing show has dropped rather than this being a new show which allows various liberties to be taken with it's characters and world.
I realise my reaction is not sane, dont worry anon.
>>
>>29980236
you're missing the point, it's not that Pinkie was perfect or flawless in the first few seasons

it's that she is *nothing but* flaws in the more recent seasons. she does not have any moments of insight that can help a situation (e.g. finding the book - under 'E'; knowing how to get rid of parasprites; etc), or even any sane interactions with other characters. it's all screaming and being obliviously annoying. Pinkie Pie, while having bad moments earlier, used to be much more than *just* this
>>
>>29980236
>SotC
Are you kidding me? The entire point of that episode was that Pinkie Pie knew what she was doing and was only being under estimated.
>Luna Eclipsed
Again, Pinkie Pie wasn't acting stupid. She was just being herself. When the episode was wrapping up, she made clear that Twi had an improper understanding and Pinkie led to the resolution

That's the point. In this episode she was annoying and stupid so it was frustrating that she was clearly ruining everything. GtBO, SotC and LE were all episodes where Pinkie shows rational thought, she's just being herself. When Pinkie Pie realized Gilda was an asshole, she didn't just make exaggerated faces or barrel into her, she rationalized it and threw a party. It was a Pinkie way of handling a problem, but it showed her as not being brainless.
>>
>>29978228
Name one horse who doesn't turn into a spastic fucking wreck when one hair slips out of place?
>>
>>29980313
Why is this so hard to understand? This episode was just pure stupidity for 22 minutes. Pinkie usually has at least one moment of clarity even if the episode is where she is the one learning a lesson. The only thing that put her on track this time was Starlight blatantly saying "you ruined everything" and PP passing that on to Maud. Even in GtBO, when Twi told PP that she was jealous, PP was given screen time to process that and reason with her self.

That is clearly very different from what we had in this episode so why are people acting like this can be compared to those earlier episodes? Completely different.
>>
>>29980329
>Again, Pinkie Pie wasn't acting stupid. She was just being herself.
Do you realize I could say the same about this episode?
>>
File: 20150512224952uid.jpg (142KB, 700x409px) Image search: [Google]
20150512224952uid.jpg
142KB, 700x409px
>>29980388
>This episode was just pure stupidity for 22 minutes.
>ignoring GOAT character development for Maud
I wanted to post disgusted Maud but I already did so have a Sombra Angel instead
>>
>>29977583
Obviously she had too much sugar this episode. Like the first time Maud showed up and she ate too much rock candy.
>>
>>29980489
>character development
there it is, that fucking buzzword again

it's a really shitty cover for "I don't know what to do with a character while keeping them consistent, so I'll just change the character/add some nonsensical filler to the character's story"
>>
>>29980472
Sure, but that wouldn't respond to the entirety of my post which goes further than the one sentence you snipped out of it.

Seriously. Why did you even bother cutting out that one portion. Did you really think that one sentence sums up everything I posted?
>GtBO, SotC and LE were all episodes where Pinkie shows rational thought
> When Pinkie Pie realized Gilda was an asshole, she didn't just make exaggerated faces or barrel into her, she rationalized it and threw a party.
> It was a Pinkie way of handling a problem, but it showed her as not being brainless.
Or if you still can't comprehend the point being made, look at
>>29980313
>Pinkie Pie, while having bad moments earlier, used to be much more than *just* this
or
>>29980388
> Pinkie usually has at least one moment of clarity even if the episode is where she is the one learning a lesson.

It's really not complicated. Yes Pinkie Pie is zany, but in many of the episodes being brought up as the equivalent of this episode, she had moments where she showed rationalization. LE, SoTC and GtBO are all episodes in which she only appeared to be doing something stupid which was made a point to not underestimate Pinkie Pie. This was just pure loud stupidity with none of that.
>>
File: 132596924310.png (212KB, 473x451px) Image search: [Google]
132596924310.png
212KB, 473x451px
>>29980489
I was clearly referring to Pinkie Pie exclusively you dunce. The thread is about PP. I thought the episode itself was genuinely 10/10 and was disappointed to have all of PP detract from that.

baka
>>
>>29980524
Not him, but I don't think you know what a buzzword is.
>>
>>29980524
> I'll just change the character/add some nonsensical filler to the character's story
You could say that about anything if you're not going to argue why this one in specific doesn't count. Is it only character development when you say so?
>>
>>29977583
Pinkie used to be my favorite character, but each season makes me wanting to smash her into a pancake more and more. I had good times with this episode though.
>>
>>29980524
Do you realize that with criteria like this you shouldn't be even watching this shitty show full of 'nonsensical filler'?
>>
>>29978628
Maybe equestria is like hyrule and jars are hard to come by.
>>
>>29977583
I remember when she was smart.
Her fun personality was just something she did because she knew it made ponies smile. Now she just seems to be Squeaky Pie 24/7
>>
>>29980564
you literally cut the sentence in two and dropped the first part that answers your stupid question

>>29980601
why, because consistency is impossible?

might as well have Batman kill the Joker for "character development"
>>
>>29980646
>Is it only character development when you say so?
Are you genuinely retarded? Saying "it's not consistent" isn't an argument. Saying "this is WHY it's not consistent" is an argument. You might as well have just said it's not character development.
>>
>>29978203
And sure enough, they're gonna flanderise her like a Simpsons character
Season 7- She likes kites
Season 7 finale- Cutie mark erased because it's "bad for her"
Season 8 opener- Her cutie mark is now a kite
Season 8 finale- She saves the world using kites
>>
>>29981008
>implying season 7 isn't the final season
>>
>>29977583
>Remember when she used to just be a quirky free spirited character?
>muh season 1 meme again
No.
She was always fucking annoying and unbearable.
She was just as fucking intrusive in the first Gilda episode only that time it was wrong and painted her in the right to interrupt Dash and her old friend.
>>
>>29981140
Season 8 has was announced already.
>>
>>29981153
Anon, at this point you should know it's due to get cancelled at any point.
>>
>>29981159
I wouldn't be suprised.In a way, I wish it would.
>>
>>29977583
Absolutely this, I'm starting to hate this pink craziness autismo.
>>
>>29981146
>>29980313
>>
>>29981280
This episode does not showcase a new flaw she didn't have or intensify a flaw she already had, Anon.
This is literally he exact same way she acted with Gilda just for a different reason.
Nothing changed except the target of her annoyance being pictured in the right instead of in the wrong.
>>
>>29977583

If this wasn't a kid's show, I'd seriously wonder if we found Pinkie swinging from a rafter one episode.

That is the look of a crazy pony desperately trying to fend off the bad feels, clinging to her sister for support, and then some.
>>
>>29981420
She acted like a nuisance toward Gilda, but her mannerisms in that episode were completely different. She was capable of talking like a sane individual in that episode. I think I can count on one hand the number of sentences she spoke in today's episode that did not involve hysterical screaming.
>>
>>29978519
Exactly this
>>
>>29978615
This
>>
>>29981420
see
>>29980530
>>29980388
I'm not sure what you quantify Pinkie actually stop to judge her own behavior and working through the rationale of what she's doing but that was absent in this episode. I don't care what you call it
>>
>>29981420
>>29981680
and if I need to beat it over your head, Pinkie acted rationally and was capable of acting far more coherently than she had in this episode.
>Talking RD out of messing with FS/pulling a prank on RD
>Taking what Twilight said into account and rationalizing Gilda's behavior/her own
>Reacting to FS's treatment and the reasoning behind the party overall

Pinkie Pie was dumb in this episode. Stupid. She didn't reflect on her own decisions even a little. You can't say that
>This is literally he exact same way she acted with Gilda just for a different reason.
none of that is present. Like
>>29980313
Pinkie is still the annoyance in the episode and her actions are still zany. But in those instances, she still shows that she is capable of rational thought and is only doing things the way she does them because that's who she is. You can argue that this is lesson aimed at her and meant to be learned at the end, but Pinkie has still repeatedly been shown to have at least moments of clarity where she shows either critical thinking or deeper reasoning for her actions. Here it was just "Duhh I'm funny random pony who acts without thinking" That's not what Gilda was. She was a party loving prankster but she was still at least somewhat intelligent.
>>
>>29981560
The big difference is that she is scared her sister will go live as as a hermit in dangerous gorge for the rest of her life, so it would only make sense she would be trying as hard as she can to convince her to stay. She just ends up going over board and not realizing it, she won't take a second to try to think about it in a sane manner because she is trying too hard to make every thing work out because of how important this is to here
>>
>>29981727
>so it would only make sense she would be trying as hard as she can to convince her to stay.
OK, fine. I have no problem with this, but that doesn't mean she needs to act like a shrieking banshee every time she opens he mouth.
>>
>>29981735
>but that doesn't mean she needs to act like a shrieking banshee every time she opens her mouth
Yes the shrieking was excessive but that's her way of showing excitement, in every episode she gets loud when she is excited
>>
>>29981759
Then she needs to calm down and not be so excited every single time she is on screen.
>>
File: 1463848595244.gif (4MB, 537x302px) Image search: [Google]
1463848595244.gif
4MB, 537x302px
Ponk was in character, and even funny at times in today's episode.

I still love her and so should you.
>>
>>29981727
I still think they should respect her intelligence enough to give her at least a few seconds of actual reasoning instead of having her turned to 11 the entire episode. She's excitable, sure. But she's also been shown to be capable of actual thought. She did not have that this episode. Remind people watching that she isn't just a machine churning out reaction faces and costumes. I feel this episode went overboard with that one part of her personality.
>>
>>29981821
I agree that went over board with the faces and all that but the lack of thinking I would say comes from this being the highest the stakes have ever been for her. Other times she is trying to make a friend which is important to her but this is her sister someone who she cares about as much if not more than her 5 best friends. She was just to focused on making sure this worked that she needed some one like starlight to tell her she was going to far
>>
>>29981870
And I feel they could depict that without pizza hats, bells around their necks, and dynamite. Don't get me wrong, I don't think those are improper parts of Pinkie Pie. That's clearly a consistent depiction but I feel they could have had all of that and still taken a breather to depict how distraught she is in a way that isn't simultaneously a joke. Hell, just a few lines of dialogue before the break of her talking to herself in the typical "what am I going to do, things aren't going my way, this is bad". Just something that shows that she isn't just, for lack of a better term, a meme machine.

I mean for fuck's sake even Cranky Doodle had Pinkie stopping to have dialogues with herself. Pulling out felt check marks is fine as long as she has at least some dialogue with herself that depicts her as a sane if misguided individual.
>>
>>29981898
Fair criticism

>as long as she has at least some dialogue with herself that depicts her as a sane if misguided individual
Yes this. I think would probably dispel a lot of peoples grievances with this episode
>>
>>29978233
>annoying to the audience intead being annoying to the characters
>interrupting instead interacting
THIS!
and don't forget pinkie acting like a looney tune with that blue bull
>>
>>29981946
>annoying to the audience instead being annoying to the characters
That's subjective I only found the very beginning annoying after that i was fine
>>
>>29979719
No, last episode she was fine, and she was ok in the first two episodes of this season.
>>
>>29980313
I'll give you the insights part, but I'd say Pinkie's interaction with Twilight last episode was pretty sane, with a few of Pinkie's quirks added into the conversation.
>>
>>29977583
I feel a big reason Pinkie was being even more over the top than usual is that she was legitimately nervous that maud wouldn't stay. I doubt there's anyone on this board who doesn't know what it's like to lose control socially a bit when they're stressed.

>>29978120
>>29978439
>>29978519
Have it right.
>>
Pinkie was always annoying to me except when she was facing great adversity e.g. Griffon the Brush Off. If she's not balanced out by some negative force in the other direction the all that's left is another boring WHOA SO RANDOM AND WACKY! character like Gir from Invader Zim.
>>
File: pinkie and maud in bed cute.gif (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
pinkie and maud in bed cute.gif
2MB, 720x404px
>>29977583
desu her annoyingness was just for plot and morals anon, she'll go back to normal next episode. In the end it showed her as a loving caring sister. You're looking at it the wrong way desu
>>
reading posts like
>>29983613
one comes to think if there's something like post-purchase rationalization but for TV shows instead of buying
>>
>>29977583
replacing the entire staff was a mistake.
>>
>>29977583
Pinkie is basically that adhd friend that was funny in middle school but got more and more annoying as you and your friends maturated, eventually you had to give him the "nobody likes you" and "ether move or kill yourself" talk to get him to leave you alone.
>>
>>29980137
>The majority is right
t. madam president
>>
>>29977583

The hyperactive party girl is basically an 80s stock character, her time is long past. They need to find a graceful way to write Pinkie Pie out of the show if they're going to keep making it. Marry her off to Cheese Sandwich or something, so long as she moves away afterwards.
>>
>>29979633

>I hated Pinkie Pie before it was cool to hate Pinkie Pie

>t. hipster
>>
>"she was always like this!!"

go watch any S1 episode that focuses on her

now watch this episode

you'll notice a distinct lack of screeching in the S1 episode

you'll also notice a distinct lack of "bringing a scene to a halt just to screech out a joke"
>>
>>29977583
Oh please, how she acted is totally in line with her character. Go rewatch "Maud Pie" and then this episode.
She acted the same, by overreacting because she was overblown by excitement, first in "Maud Pie" by having her friends accept Maud and her oddities, the second time trying to convince Maud to move to Ponyville and nowhere else - and it got the best of her.

This time around, both Maud and Glimmer were there to tell her to calm her tits.
>>
>>29984174
>Oh please, how she acted is totally in line with her character.

see: >>29984136

Pinkie changed after S2. Comparing a S7 episode to a S4 episode, of course you're not going to see a difference.
>>
>>29984184
This I'm aware of, however, you also have to consider that the periods between Season 1 and Season 2's actual writing and air dates are much different, and these are crucial times in character development.
If you recall, it was around when they were writing Season 2 that Season 1 was airing, and the developers had then started to learn about the growing fandom around the show. As much as they probably don't want to admit it, it could have affected the way they wrote all the characters.

The point still stands: it is in character for Pinkie to flip her shit trying to convince someone to do something. Take Cranky Doodle Donkey for example, when he arrived back in season 2. What I think people are getting pissed off about is how she's flipping out, not that she is in the first place.
>>
>>29977630
Poochie a shit.
>>
>>29984136
>not remembering the FOREEEEEEVER shit and how she almost ruined Fluttershy and Rarity's friendship
>not remembering how she acted like a retard because nobody came to Gummy's party
>not remembering LE TWITCHY TWITCH XD
Dumb fucking nostalgiafag
>>
File: tree hugger close.png (30KB, 477x488px) Image search: [Google]
tree hugger close.png
30KB, 477x488px
>>29983670
That's, like, just your opinion, man.
>>
>>29984233
>not remembering the FOREEEEEEVER shit and how she almost ruined Fluttershy and Rarity's friendship
That wasn't screeching. And it was actually relevant to the story.

>not remembering how she acted like a retard because nobody came to Gummy's party
Still not screeching, and what, she can't be surprised when literally all of her friends decline the invite?

>not remembering LE TWITCHY TWITCH
....?

Dumb fucking hasdrone
>>
>>29984254
>any of that
>not screeching and being retarded
Fuck off, Ponkfag
Your shit waifu was always shit and this season is no different from how it was way back in 2010 when the show first kicked off
>>
>>29984211
>If you recall, it was around when they were writing Season 2 that Season 1 was airing, and the developers had then started to learn about the growing fandom around the show. As much as they probably don't want to admit it, it could have affected the way they wrote all the characters.

Nope, S2 was written before S1 even began airing.

Larson said that he worked on Luna Eclipsed back in June or July of 2010.

>The point still stands: it is in character for Pinkie to flip her shit trying to convince someone to do something.

Nobody's saying it's "out of character", Dulset. We just hate how she has changed over the seasons.

In S1/S2 she was just light-hearted and non-serious. In S3 and beyond, she has become a screeching comic relief character that exists for no reason except to screech her lines and be LOL SO RANDUMB!!!!
>>
My favourite part of these threads is the selective memory of most people. Like >>29978439 said, she was 'annoying' in those episodes, and if they're aired now you'd slaughter them.
Like if she did the 'you gotta share, you gotta care' song in anything past S1 most people would hate it and call it LOLSORANDUMB like they do with everything Pinkie does now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Y2UiVaZa0
>>
>>29984315
>>29980313
at the very least, you could ctrl-f Gilda before being stupid
>>
>>29984315
>Like if she did the 'you gotta share, you gotta care' song

that wasn't "lolrandumb", it was actually relevant to the episode.

What I mean when I say "randumb" is like in the episode that just aired, where Fluttershy asks Pinkie a question, and Pinkie goes off on a screechy 10-second tangent about something completely off-topic.

She doesn't do that in S1.
>>
>>29979899
>>29979929
>>29980059
You could get millions of signatures, Hasbro won't budge.
>>
>>29980489
>GOAT character development for Maud
Stop spamming this retarded meme.
Acheiving a goal like graduation is not development. The person doing it changing personally is.

Maud as a character is still nothing but the repetition of the same fucking unfunny joke.
>>
>>29984233
None of that was delivered with the same hyperactive screaming that we had to listen to through every minute of today's episode.
>>
>>29985375
But she discovered the magic of friendship.
>>
>>29985375
>More insight into the reasoning for her fixation on rocks
>More insight to her view on friendship and the importance she places on it
If you thought they were talking about the graduation as development, maybe you're a bit too autistic to follow this show for children.
>>
>>29980124
(You)
>>
File: 1487447972337.jpg (60KB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487447972337.jpg
60KB, 718x540px
>>29978203
Maybe the anon who bitched about Glimmer not having hobbies just got his wish, monkey paw'ed.
>>
>>29978203
I mean that's all she has going for her, really: "she's friends with fan favorite side characters"

As it is right now, she just feels like a rehash of S1 Twilight. OP magic, bad at friendship, and constantly getting shoehorned into episodes.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.