[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rarity uses cheap gems Where were you when Rarara was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

>Rarity uses cheap gems
Where were you when Rarara was eternally BTFO?
>>
>>29976118
Common to a miner, precious to the commoners who don't mine.
And they mostly are there to accentuate her already good dresses, anyway.
>>
>>29976118
In front of my pc, enjoying the fact that they still do Rarity+Spike gem hunts.
>>
>>29976156
This. The gems are just accents, and they're chosen for aesthetics, not value. In fact, using rarer gems would just drive the prices up and might hinder her business.
>>
Not cheap, just common.

I don't know why anyone would assume they were rare, considering she's been mining those caves since season 1 and they're still full of gems
>>
>>29976156
>>29976269
Common = cheap
But nice try rarifags
>>
>>29976118
I really don't understand why this matters.

It's like how diamonds are regarded as valuable commodities used in jewelry, fashion, etc., despite being common as fuck.
>>
>>29976364
She has to make a lot of dresses and do so on a demanding schedule, using easier-to-find while still aestheticall pleasing gem stones makes sense. Plus, she's a talented enough designer to avoid making it look tacky.
>>
>>29976404
Diamonds are expensive because of the many applications they have.
These gems are probably useless except for decorations.
>>
>>29976364
diamonds were worth next to nothing before the "a diamond is forever" scam
>>
>>29976489
...which is why she uses them for decoration?
>>
>>29976489
Are you retarded?

Only industrial-grade diamonds are used for applications, and those aren't even that expensive.
>>
>>29976118
It's my headcanon that there are two distinct kinds of gems in Equestria, those influenced by magic and those that form naturally. The former are more common, and are the kind that appear surrounded by other types of gems. The latter are harder to come by, as rare as they are here on Earth, appearing in individual veins, and have much more value in the Equestrian geological community.

This is to explain how there can exist pockets of emeralds, rubies, diamonds, and sapphires all occupying the same underground spaces, which is simply not realistically feasible.
>>
>>29976364
There are various qualities gems can have. Merely how common they are is only one of them and doesn't make its value alone.
>>
>>29976156

Go to eat icecream rarara
>>
>>29976156
>>29976269
>>29976586
This.
>>
So much damage control
>>
>>29976521
why customers like?
>>
>>29976692
This is Taaaffeite. It's a rare gemstone. It has few uses and isn't much to look at. Should it be valued more than an attractive sapphire simply because there are fewer of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taaffeite
>>
>>29976709
Because it looks good. That's the whole point of fashion.
>>
Calling it now, we're going to see a conspicuous lack of gems in dresses made by Rarity this season, or at least Rarity won't talk about gems so much.
>>
>>29976692
Rarifags can't take the heat
>>
>>29976777
>implying you could
>>
Honestly, it's as silly as complaining she uses "common" fabrics like silk and wool instead of space-age polymers.
>>
>>29976794
It is, but retards are looking for any source of (You)s they can grasp at.
>>
Are gems rocks?
>>
>>29976118
It makes sens,e if theres a fucking cave with them everywhere, that means they're common, so it'll have less worth.

Who are you, fucking De Beers?
>>
>>29977010
Don't say that, it's offensive.
>>
File: 1445795475254.png (116KB, 338x344px) Image search: [Google]
1445795475254.png
116KB, 338x344px
>>29976118

Not gonna lie, I feel pretty butthurt about this. In a way it makes Wahaha's talent feel less special.
>>
File: 2356825672478.png (199KB, 572x521px) Image search: [Google]
2356825672478.png
199KB, 572x521px
>>29976118
>>
They are cheap otherwise why Spike eats them all the time.
>>
>>29977163
A gem has to be polished, cut, and otherwised refined to make it presentable. That's where her talent lies.
>>
>>29977163
What's there to be butthurt about, anon?
She finds gems, but its not like she travels exceptionally long distances or to great depths for them. I mean, Twilight replicated her skill before too, so its not exceptionally unique.

Her true talent isn't just finding them, but making exemplary dresses with what she finds like the other anons said.
>>
>>29977258

she does none of those things, she literally extracts fully cut gems from the earth.
>>
>>29977282
She still has to cut and polish them to put assemble her outfits.
>>
>>29976489
>Diamonds are expensive because of the many applications they have.
Diamonds are expensive because DeBeers has a virtual monopoly on them.
>>
>>29978445
This.
It's just fucking compressed carbon and there is literal tons of it.

Glittery shit on rings are only valuable because women have the all the taste of a deranged magpie and the jews know goys will pay out the ass to please their shitty female interests.
>>
SHe was looking for gems for a specific dress for a specific occasion. She wanted to stand out, which is why she was taken aback that it wasn't rare, but her primary concern was with aesthetics, which is why she asked for a chartruse rock, not a particular kind. She'll get over it. Maud could have probably told her that they were still good stones, especially for her purposes.
>>
Where were you when the writers decided to cheapen Rarity and her dresses by having her not know a common gem was common SOLELY to make her look bad in an episode dedicated to making everyone look bad so Poochie will look better? The episode claimed Maud helped Starlight "Find a magic anti-cutie mark storage rock", for fuck's sake.
>>
>>29976118
>Spike just eats it
nice
>>
File: tumblr_nvb0kdYqMu1sshj5wo1_1280.png (336KB, 860x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvb0kdYqMu1sshj5wo1_1280.png
336KB, 860x1000px
>>29977260

Twilight was this magical prodigy back in the day so her replicating the spell didn't diminish what Rarity could do.

Of course, this could be taken as something that I've always believed in, that Rarity's talent lies in finding beauty where others can't see it and making things beautiful, but it's pretty clear that's not what the episode was going for.

I feel like the episode could have gone on another, more interesting direction than what it actually did. I guess I get that for not paying attention to the synopses like I used to.
>>
Shouldn't Rarity have been happy that there was more of the rock she wanted? From a business sense, she now has a larger supply of a material she needs and can make even more dresses, not to mention more material for her Canterlot and Manhattan stores.
>>
>>29976489
diamonds only have value because de beers says they do
>>
bump to piss off a slide-threadding glimfag.
>>
>>29976118
She also uses cheap child slave labor to carry all her heavy shit. This is nothing new.
>>
>>29976118
Do you think someone would put precious gems in a dress?
Do you think finding them would be as easy as digging in the dirt.
Do you think they would be commonly exchanged for regular stuff or fed to a dragon?
We have already seen spike how're a higher quality gem, even tho it makes 0 sense to wait until it gets good and he gave it to rarity so we can assume it's better than the usual shit she stumbles upon
>>
File: diamond dress 12m.jpg (10KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
diamond dress 12m.jpg
10KB, 236x214px
>>29979189
>Do you think someone would put precious gems in a dress?
>>
>>29976118
Rarity was just shocked that a mud pony BTFO of her gem finding spell.
>>
>>29976692
>le damage control xdddd

Fuck off.
>>
Maud Pie finding gems more easily than Rarity was complete bullshit! How the fuck somepony simply studying can overcome the skill of a cutiemark? It's been a long time since i have seen such misleading writing in a MLP episode. It's a good episode. I loved Maud and Starlight. But that beginning is simply terrible!
>>
>>29976118
Gotta love how rarity is always btfo and will always be some nobody, 100% nouveau riche
>>
>>29976489
Industrial diamonds are 100% laboratory made
>>
>>29979805
butthurt
>>
>>29979805
>m-muh waifu
Fuck off
>>
>>29979767
She was upset that she couldn't find a rare gem for her dress, but she'll get over it.
>>
>>29979849
>am i fitting in on 4chins yet u guis xD

Fuck off memefag.
>>
>>29979908
Still butthurt
>>
>>29979934
kill yourself.
>>
File: 1452735784518.gif (258KB, 255x269px) Image search: [Google]
1452735784518.gif
258KB, 255x269px
>>29979951
Cry more rarifag
You got canonically btfo, enjoy the eternal butthurt.
>>
>>29979974
This is the last reply you'll get from me, because you're retarded.
>>
>>29980030
>WAAAAH HE SHIT ON MY WAIFU
Kill yourself
>>
File: 9_1.png (155KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
9_1.png
155KB, 500x416px
>>29979974
>canonically btfo
How exactly?
Because Rarity, a pony that find gems to use as small beauty details in her work didn't know more about gems/rocks than a MINER that actually got a university degree in that? Wow... i'm really btfo dude... you have no idea.
>>
>>29979875
>Rarity looks at the magic stick Ember has and gets ideas.
>>
>>29976755
Fashion is as much about pretty looks as it is about showing off your wealth. That's why people used to wear such excessive, gaudy, and adorned clothing (especially the English) until plebs began to infiltrate the upper class in the mid 19th century.
>>
>>29980053
And has been discussed here, the value of gems is completly arbitrary.
>>
>>29980050
Her talent was finding such gems to make her dresses unique
And she can't even do that
So yes she got btfo.
>>
I think Rarity was more hurt because someone finally told her that her entire carrier is bedazzling linen.
>>
>>29980068
The disgns themselves make the dresses unique. She doesn't need to incoroprate super rare gems. She managed to impress the upper crust of canterlot society with Twilight's simple summer gown in that one episode.
>>
>>29980068
Everybody knows that the writers completely forgot that Rarity have such a skill and for a long time are focusing on her job. In the beginning of the episode they were trying to make Maud look cool and at the same time debunk Pinkie's expectations. Rarity not even appeared any other time in the episode, it didn't have any focus on her at all. You Rarity haters are just using this terrible excuse to shit on her. Better luck next time.
>>
File: 1390613651776.png (115KB, 608x334px) Image search: [Google]
1390613651776.png
115KB, 608x334px
>>29980109
What the fuck
Her dresses were shit before she added the gems to them
You don't even remember or watched the cutie mark chronicles
What a shit tier rariturd you are
You don¿'t even know the story of your fucking waifu
Lafffffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
>>
>>29980141
>Her dresses were shit before she added the gems to them

She has three successful stores and is a celebrity in Equestrian fashion.
>>
>>29980165
Because she adds gems to all of her designs.
>>
>>29979726
nice pic
>>
>>29980165
The are aware ponies are just a level above retarded, right?
>>
>>29980170
But the gems are just accents. You can't put a piece of jade on a burlap sack and call it a prom dress.
>>
>>29980176
I just googled most expensive gem dress
I grabbed whatever that popped out
>>
>>29980141
Holy shit you Rarity haters are trying REALLY hard don't you? If you remember the episode well you should know that what you just said is completely wrong.
She always had talent to make clothes, since she was a child actually, but she was feeling that something was missing, herself said that she wanted them not to be good but spectacular. Also, do you remember Canterlot Boutique? When Rarity added more gems to the princess dress she was rejected, showing that the gems don't do shit by herselfs, is Rarity talent and creativity that make they fit perfectly in a design.
>>
>>29980334
Well I didn't watch that shitty episode
But Ok
Pretend you didn't got btfo
That's what everybody here does anyways, because you got nothing else in your lives.
>>
>>29980141

Subjective opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Therefore the rest of your opinions are moot.
>>
>>29980354
>Well I didn't watch that shitty episode

So in other words, you have absolutely no idea what you're arguing about.

Glad we got that straightened out.
>>
>>29980361
>HAHAHAH YOU DIDN'T BTFO US
>RARIFAGS STRONG
>>29980387
I didn't mention the boutique episode to make my argument, rariturd.
>>
>>29976118
>gems are a lot more common in equestria than on earth
I thought everyone knew this.
>>
>>29980393
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>29980485
Cocky as usual rarishit
>>
File: CharacterPageAvatar_MLP_rarity.png (26KB, 434x554px) Image search: [Google]
CharacterPageAvatar_MLP_rarity.png
26KB, 434x554px
>>29976118
Alright, with all these replies we already understand that:

- Rarity didn't have any right to understand more than Maud about rocks and gems.

- Maud finding gems more easily than Rarity is complete bullshit because the writers forgot for a long time that Rarity have a cutiemark skill that should NEVER be bested by somepony that just studied.

- Rarity using common gems don't mean nothing. These gems just do something because Rarity is incredible talented and knows how to properly use them in the first place. Also, using common gems in her work didn't stopped her from making two more shops in the biggest cities in Equestria after starting with a single small one in a simple village. Talent and hard work my friends.

- This thread is just Rarity haters using a really cheap trick to TRY to shit on her.
>>
>>29980493
Just saying that you maybe you should know or some have some idea what you're talking about before talking about it.It's not difficult to understand.
>>
>>29980687
Again not valid if I only made my argument around shit I knew.
>>
>>29976364
>Rarity: Here's what I know, if you want to succeed you must follow the trends, that's the key
Yes, what a terrible OOC for Rarity to do that!
>>
>>29978632
>The episode claimed Maud helped Starlight "Find a magic anti-cutie mark storage rock", for fuck's sake.
But that makes maud look good and diminishes starlights accomplishments
>>
>>29979810
Cutie mark talents have been getting diminished for ages now. it is the one way the show has truely changed
>>
>>29980705
>Again not valid if I only made my argument around shit I knew.

Aaaand there it is.I think were done here.
>>
>>29980770
Yes we are, now go back to pretending Rarara is flawless. The usual.
>>
>>29978445
>Diamonds are expensive because DeBeers has a virtual monopoly on them.
I remember reading this book from the 80s about how everyone should invest in diamonds because their price keeps going up and they are more reliable than gold and other metals. Then a few years after the book was published the Soviet Union collapsed and the market was flooded with diamonds that DeBeers couldn't control and the price collapsed.
>>
when gems are common enough to be used as currency I dont think their market value is a particularly great bar to measure their worth by. At least not for how well they work for decoration.

It's likely the more unusual gems are the more they catch the eye.
>>
>>29980997
Hell, one interested Maud so much she got eaten over it.
>>
>>29980997
I don't think they were used as currency, just a tradable commodity.
>>
>>29980182
Applejack would
>>
>>29976118

Wait, this surprised anyone? She'd be filthier rich than filthy rich if those gems were anything seriously valuable outside of artistic use.

>>29976404

Diamonds are expensive due to artificial *ahem* rarity, they'd be pretty cheap otherwise.
>>
>>29976546

This is a good headcanon, comparable to the value of artificially made gems vs. natural ones in the real world.

It also explains how dragons don't end up starving to death, but gems can still be valuable.
>>
>>29980650

Maud finding gems easier is the result of literal years of studying...rocks. That is, it's a Glimmer vs. Twilight thing, Glimmer's power comes more from extreme study vs. cutie mark "natural talent". If Rarity had used her talent for a living beyond getting materials for dresses and such, it'd likely have exceeded Maud's knowhow by now and she'd be "that gem hunter with a three-diamond mark that knows every sparkly in Equestria", rather than "famous fashion designer".

Both likely were valid expressions of the mark, but Rarity chose what she does. It's actually kind of a happy thing knowing that.
>>
File: dailymotion whatever.jpg (80KB, 1184x675px) Image search: [Google]
dailymotion whatever.jpg
80KB, 1184x675px
>>29976269

>In fact, using rarer gems would just drive the prices up and might hinder her business.

And yet gems were used as currency in the "Just for Sidekicks" episode.

>implying the writters watch the show.
>>
>>29981432
Maybe Spike was just bartering.
>>
>>29981432

Note that we use relatively cheap materials for currency (paper money, anyone?).

Gems that were common but could be manufactured into currency would be useful and durable.
>>
>>29981401
>Glimmer's power comes more from extreme study vs. cutie mark
Actually her special talent is magic too.
>>
>>29981505

You are right, i can go to the near forest, take a log and go to any store and buy anything with that, because you know, that´s ecxactly how it works, right?
>>
>>29980966
Sounds like their old argument about using manufactured instead of naturally formed diamonds.

When manufactured diamonds first became a possibility, they made sure the word used was synthetic. Which had the connotations of cheap and low quality. Even the stones themselves were of lower quality so they advertised that the natural ones were flawless as if the average person could tell. The weren't, there are always minute faults since nature isn't controllable, but flawless was used with a certain allowance.
But the manufactured stones just kept getting better and better. And cheaper and cheaper. Now, the only way to tell the difference is that the manufactured ones are literally flawless. As in, not with minute flaws in an acceptable range, but flawless as an absolute term.
So now the excuse is that these synthetic stones lack character.

And we don't even need to go into blood diamonds.
>>
>>29976404
I'd be joking if I'd say that the show is trying to redpill us yet again.

But the show is trying to redpill us yet again.
>>
>>29980650

Rarity can only find gems. She can't find specific types of gems so far as we know.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.