[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good episode My biggest problem is, why didn't they do stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: large.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
Good episode
My biggest problem is, why didn't they do stuff like this last season? Last season was all about introducing Starlight into the group dynamic and they did nothing with it. Now they're playing catch-up and no-one wants to see it cause they missed the opportunity to make her endearing in the first place.
>>
>>29975935
Because they didn't know what to do with Glimmer last season. She was just sort of there. I highly doubt they even had a set personality for her written down somewhere. Even now, they're just kind of stumbling around looking desperately for some character for her. This episode was literally 'kites and muh tragic past.'

I mean, for fucks sake, can we have a single Glimmer episode where someone doesn't bring up the fact that she was a villain? Just one episode, please, so we can focus on developing something new.
>>
>>29976137
"muh past" is literally everything there is to characters like this
>>
>>29975935
Last season was more Glimmer getting over her anxiety and reluctance about being in the forefront of things again. Just look at her face in S6 opening and S7. She's got her confidence back. Now she can actually take initiative.
>>
Twilight had the same issue in season 4. There seems to be a one-season lag between whatever big changes they make in a season finale and when the writers find out and start developing them.
>>
>>29976177
Only they barely dedicated any episodes to this, making the change come out of nowhere.
>>
>writers are hacks
>wrote seasons before episodes were out
>Glimmer's reformation was so poorly made she became a legit Poochie
>>
>>29975935
I don't understand this argument that we need Glimmer because the mane six are becoming stale. There are many shows that ran for much longer seasons and never felt the need to insert new characters to keep things fresh. King of the Hill, or Futurama for example. It just feels like the writers need her because of their own shortcomings, and not any problem with the existing characters themselves.
>>
>>29976381
Looking at how they're gonna milk the Rarity vs Applejack dynamic YET AGAIN, I'm gonna guess they only have so many character interactions they can think of, sadly. They needed someone who doesn't COMPLETELY buy into the "friendship happy lala land" stuff, so they added another sarcastic character. That and it probably was a Hasbro mandate.
>>
>>29976167
Sunset Shimmer got over it and look at her now, she's the leader of her group
>>
Sometimes I wonder if a lot of the autism/shitposting over Glimmer, is either because Twifags are worried Twiggy is going to end up getting Celestia's role and then vanishing out of sight for ages, or because it's just so easy to trigger autists with glim glam because anons can't see the irony in this with how others view pone outside of our board.
>>
>>29976748
I'm a Twifag and I like Starlight. I'm happy with how she's bringing out a different side of Twilight.
>>
>>29975935
I blame Josh Haber.
Man should have never been story editor.
>>
File: 1436029260248.gif (909KB, 765x530px) Image search: [Google]
1436029260248.gif
909KB, 765x530px
>>29976748
Twifag here, I don't have anything against Starlight, in fact she got better now that she's having her own life without being tied to Twilight.
>Twifags are worried Twiggy is going to end up getting Celestia's role
If the show continues its downward spiral in terms of quality I would rather see her exiting it and watching it all burn from afar. So far S7 was pretty good but who knows what's in store for us.
>>
>>29976748
I just think that there's a lot of people who hate Glimmer, some for valid reasons, some for non-valid reasons, and it's easy to trigger people with a single image in this day and age. I mean, why put effort into your trolling when a single picture gives the same effect?
>>
>>29975935
>>29976137
>>29976226

Sure about that? >>29976765
>>
>>29977098
Yes, that's the finale, what's your point?
They had an entire season to do stuff and they dedicated like 3 episodes to Starlight dealing with actual conflict and giving us insight into her character. And said character so far has consisted of "solve stuff with magic, whoops, ok, don't solve stuff with magic".
>>
File: (You).gif (467KB, 704x495px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
467KB, 704x495px
>>29975935
>no-one wants to see it
It was a great episode, fuccboi, and that seems to be the consensus. Just because your autism is too strong to enjoy something for what it is doesn't make it true to the world.
>>
>>29978946
how fucking stupid are you?
that's not what he said at all
>>
>>29978946
>and that seems to be the consensus
This place is obviously filled with Jim and Vogel dick suckers
>>
>>29975935
I feel like most of season six and seven should've been swapped.

That way we could've had "To Where And Back Again" with Starlight, Trixie, Maud and her other three pony friends (that she'll befriend this season) which would've made a lot more sense.
>>
File: starlight glimmer dank.png (483KB, 489x615px) Image search: [Google]
starlight glimmer dank.png
483KB, 489x615px
Part of Starlight's arc seems to be her making her own friends with their own special connection. The fact she never really "fit" in with the mane six is part of that story in season 6.
>>
>>29976381

We don't need Glimemr because the mane 6 are getting stale, but we DO need Twilight to have taken on an apprentice to keep her princess status from getting stale.
>>
>>29975935
I didn't love it tho.
I love ponk, she's best pony.
But that was obnoxious as fuck, heck, I even wanted to take my headphones off when she started screaming on the train.
And I don't give a fuck about Maud or Glim.
But her loving kites felt random as fuck.
>>
File: starlight glimmer deepest lore.jpg (159KB, 992x899px) Image search: [Google]
starlight glimmer deepest lore.jpg
159KB, 992x899px
>>29981547
>But her loving kites felt random as fuck.
Or is it?
>>
>>29981935
everyone has their interests
>>
>>29975935
Probably what >>29976137 said, but you can also think of it as a set up. She felt out of place from the start, so her making friends now is much more satisfying. If she'd been making friends right from the get-go, it'd play into the "mary sue" idea.
>>
>>29981935
Uh.
I mean, that's nice, but I still don't get why kites.
See, I could understand a pegasus loving kites, making stuff fly or maybe a mudpony.
But glimglam?
Why kites?
>>
>>29976177
Holy fuck your right.
>>
>>29982138
It seems like the kind of hobby someone like Starlight would get way too deep into because of how predictable it is and how in control you can be.
>>
>>29976177
More like Haber and Co finally figured out how to handle her character and what the fuck they should have done with her to begin with. Oh wait, that's right. Nick Confalone actually Knows how to write..
>>
>>29976711
Who?
We're talking about ponies, not barbies
>>
File: 1473872587218.png (161KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1473872587218.png
161KB, 764x1024px
>>29976711

She only got over it because she was forced to.
>>
>29982883
>posts Glimmer
not even worth a reply

>>29982848
love the meme
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.