[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they make life vests for winged ponies? Seems a bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 30c149ec85[1].jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
30c149ec85[1].jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Why do they make life vests for winged ponies? Seems a bit unnecessary.
>>
>>29962301
id like to hear your logic on this statement before replying sarcastically.
>>
>>29962301
You try flying while your wings are wet
>>
Because it's cute. And normalizing water safety for kids is a good thing.

>>29962314
Also this
>>
>>29962301
Featherbrains everypony
>>
>>29962314
A boat doesn't sink instantly. It's not like something that could fly couldn't take flight before it goes down.
>>
>>29962301
Because they're ponies, not godlike creatures capable of springing out of danger in a femtosecond while managing to keep their mane properly brushed.

Life vests aren't supposed to outright save you, just to give you higher chances of making it in the case water is the only place you can go no matter your strenght or abilities
>>
Safety fuckin first, did you learn nothing as a child?
>>
>>29962339
A life vest is supposed to keep you afloat if you fall into the water off of something that was buoyant. Without it you'd have to rely on your own endurance to stay surfaced, which might not be long enough to receive rescue.

If you didn't have to fall in the water at all then that would negate the need for something to keep you above the surface.
>>
>>29962301
So I can imagine sliding my hand down the front of Twilight's life vest.
>>
>>29962301
Suppose you get knocked unconscious.
>>
>>29962327
You're right, there exists absolutely NO circumstance in which a creature with wings would unexpectedly end up in water before being able to react and fly to safety. It's absolutely impossible.

Accidents in which they're hit suddenly or their wings are injured don't exist. You're an excellent forward-thinker, my dude
>>
>>29962368
I'll accept that as viable.
>>
>>29962301
If they take a bump to the head and are knocked out it'll increase their odds.

The real question is why did Apple react that way to cucumber sandwiches? She just threw them overboard.
>>
File: 707623.jpg (427KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
707623.jpg
427KB, 1024x576px
>>29962354
>If you didn't have to fall in the water
Let's put it this way: you have a unicorn, an earth pony and a pegasus on a boat. The earth pony and the unicorn wear life vests, the pegasus says "Fuck no, I can fly".

Then a storm comes. The pegasus doesn't want to fly away because he still has to help his friends. Also, flying in a storm is not the easiest thing to do, no matter how good he is. All of a sudden a wave turns the boat upside down. The pegasus gets hit by a piece of wood and faints. His two friends manage to somehow keep afloat, thanks to their strenght and to the muthafucking lifevests. The pegasus drowns.

Safety doesn't rely on skills, you have to be prepared for everything. That's why carpenters wear helmets and anti-injury shoes: because you cannot possibly be prepared for everything. Better safe than sorry.
>>
Should I own my shame or delete the thread?
>>
>>29962461
It's a relevant discussion so it'll be bumped off soon enough.
>>
>>29962301
OSHA required it.
>>
>>29962461
Leave it. We're actually discussing ponies in this thread.
>>
>>29962301
Because it's a children's show and they're setting an example. Just like how Pinkie and the CMC wore helmets when riding in the wagon attached to Scootaloo's scooter, even though ponies have indestructible skulls.
>>
>>29962517
>"..Your vessel could use some improvements..that's a 200 bit fine."
>"You're missing your pegasi lifejackets, too. That's another 200."
>"Other than that, everything is peachy. You gals have a swell day out on the water and be safe, ya hear?"
>Tips his hat an walks off whistling winter wrap up
I fucking hate those OSHA fucks
>>
>>29962404
Damn, the real answer to OP's question. I thought this was 4chan.
>>
>>29962301

Because a pegasus with soaked wings can't fly, and all it'd take is one wave sweeping them over the side to do it.
>>
>>29962404
Bingo. Safety preparation is not about "well, if this happens I'll just take my first option to bail out and everything will be okay". It's about what happens when everything goes well and truly tits-up and none of your preparation or expectations come out right. Murphy's Law is very real and will fuck your day up if you are not actually prepared.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.