[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally how, HOW is he wrong? This show being enjoyable to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 66

File: IMG_4958.png (47KB, 519x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4958.png
47KB, 519x482px
Literally how, HOW is he wrong?

This show being enjoyable to us was always a privilege, not a right.

Stop blaming him for shattering your delicate worldview where you're somehow entitled to more enjoyment from the show than little girls are. As long as it's comprehensible and enjoyable to them, which every episode has been, that's literally ALL that matters.

>"b-but muh episode 100 with fan characters!!"
Doesn't matter to little girls, plot was basic enough to understand and they could care less where those characters came from.

You cannot disprove this
>>
>>29951643
Ew, why are you watching a show for little girls?
>>
>>29951643
Fuck off mobile poster.
>>
>>29951643
If you need more than 140 characters to make a point, you have problems
>>
>>29951643
I think most here would just like some consistency. It really should not be that hard. You watch the show and try not to say something in direct conflict with something you said before. It's fiction 101. Sure a slip up here and there is understandable, but they literally do not care. It's killed all fan speculation this show could have possibly had.
>>
>>29951705
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>29951710
I find fan speculation fun, what can I say?
>>
>>29951643
>"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
>>
NO HE'S A WRONG KEK AND HIM AND VOGEL AND MCCARTHY RUINED THE SHOW
THEY KILLED TWILIGHT AND RAPED HER CORPSE AND NOW THERE IS A FUCKING ROBOT WITH WINGS INSTEAD OF MUH TWIFU!!!!!!!!

AND THEY KILLED LUNA LUNA FROM S1E2 WAS THE ONLY TRUE LUNA!!!!!!!!!! THE SHIT THAT WE HAVE NOW IS UTTER GARBAGE I'M TELLING YA!!!! SHE SHOULD'VE BEEN FLUTTERSHY 2.0 SO THAT I COULD FEEL SUPERIOR TO HER AND WRITE FANFICTION WHERE I RAPE HER BUT NOOO HASBRO FUCKING HATES ME

AND THEY KILLED DISCORD DISCORD MADE CHOCOLATE RAIN THAT WAS AWESOME AND WACKY AND CHAOTIC AND ANARCHIC JOKER TIER LEVEL OF CHAOS REALLY MADE ME THINK OF SOCIETY BUT NOW HES A GOOD GUY AND HE'S SOCIALLY AWKWARD AND IT'S

NOT

COOL

IT MAKES ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!

ALSO S1 HAD SOME TERRIFIC MATURE THEMES LIKE
>APPLEJACK IS WORKING TOO MUCH AND NOT SLEEPING
THIS WAS SHAKESPEAREAN DEPTH. I LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS EPISODUS AND NOW I DON'T WORK AT ALL, I DON'T HAVE A JOB AND LIVE IN MY MOMMAS BASEMENT
>PINKIE PIE KNOWS HOW TO DEFEAT PARASPRITES BUT NOBODY LISTENS TO HER BECAUSE SHE TALKS WEIRD
THIS IS RELATABLE BECAUSE THAT'S THE SAME FOR ME PEOPLE OFTEN DON'T GET MY MESSAGES BECAUSE I'M SO MUCH SMARTER THAN THEM.
>RARITY IS WHINING A LOT AND THAT HELPS HER DEFEAT DIAMOND DOGS
THIS WAS A VERY RELATABLE LESSON FOR ME. NOW WHENEVER I ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM I START WHINING. REEEEEEE. REEEEEEE. THE SHOW IS RUINED.
>>
>>29951705
the show hasnt always been built around world building and consistency. people just wrote whatever they wanted in the early seasons and now the people coming in have to take this mess and make something consistent out of it. there was never a grand plan. there was only the skeleton of a show bible.

im not sure how many people here have ever done a colab creative project, but unless theres a head master with the final say then everyone on the team will want their vision to be the only one. she ended up leaving. were awfully lucky things have turned out as uniform as they have.
>>
File: 1h1.jpg (355KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1h1.jpg
355KB, 560x560px
>>29951759
>SUPER ULTRA MEGA RAAWWRRRR!
>>
>>29951733
He wasn't wrong.

That said, I do find it somewhat disappointing where things ended up going.

As another anon mentioned, consistency would be a good thing in itself - even kids may see a re-run and remember where something later paid off in the future. I also wish they tried to get a hold on what magic can and cannot do much earlier instead of making it as good as the plot demands.

The closest thing we had to an overarching plot was the Key Quest, which while it was good in itself, amounted to practically nil for the mane 5, and an incredibly outlandish, offensive castle.

AJ, Ponk, and Fluttershy have almost 0 motivation to do anything more than go about their day-to-day. Rarity and Dash have had their arcs at least. Now those are pretty much at their limit beyond their day-to-day after achieving what they've always wanted.

Twilight's was dictated by corporate meddling and seemed completely unnecessary in the grand scale of things. Being an alicorn granted her on actual political power beyond racial privelage as she rules no one. Her teacher role has been subverted by Glimmer being an extremely quick learner (and being an alicorn wouldn't even be necessary for that)

Things like the Everfree and the Castle there, more on Zebras, Diamond Dogs, Minotaur, and so on are left up to the imagination. It feels like there's so many seeds that were planted that could possibly bloom into something neat and relevant that can be appeasing to both adults and kids alike.

.....Then we get stuff like the changeling reform and glimmer's 180 and backstory that make me question if such things are better left to the fandom
>>
Jim, go home. You are drunk and bitter again.
>>
>>29951643
he isn't, but that doesn't mean he has a good mindset about the whole thing
>>
File: Hyperjum.jpg (286KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperjum.jpg
286KB, 560x560px
>>29951643
Now if only Jim's heart were as open as his pores.
>>
File: 1452995547252.jpg (81KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1452995547252.jpg
81KB, 580x326px
>>29951643
Get out, and never post again
>>
>>29951759
S1fags BTFO
>>
File: great.gif (535KB, 304x367px) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
535KB, 304x367px
>Season 6 apologists on /mlp/
>"You don't like season 6 because it's too complex for you and you don't understand it, so it's your fault!"

>Jim
>"You don't like season 6 because it's not complex enough for you, but it's not meant for you, so it's your fault!"

Seems legit.
>>
>>29953355
Woops, looks like you saged your post there!
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>29951759
You forgot to add the finishing touch.
>>
>>29951643
It's just a show for little girls, they're too retarded to enjoy things like consistency.
>>
>>29951643
than why bother you damn nigger?

just slap some colors on a white sheet and let it wave for 20min and you get the same fucking result you inbread abo

if you seriously think children can't into critical thinking you should trie to let your chambered lolie speak from time to time
children know the diffrence between half assed bs and a good show

just kill your self and stop coming here and trie to reason your lazy uselessness away, damn fucking nigger
>>
>>29951643
>the show being enjoyable to us is a privilege
Boot licker detected. Neither is the ad and merchandising revenue older viewers generate. If a show deliberately doesn't want to entertain an audience, its staff can enjoy selling add space.
>little girls don't care about fandoms
So Steven Universe and Adventure Time are just anomalies then.

Neck yourself, Jimbo.
>>
>>29951643
I honestly want to know if there are morons who actually compare FiM and Breaking Bad, or Big Jim is over reacting about fans comparing episodes from earlier seasons and recent seasons.

Personally, I think the show's writing were predictable and easy to digest since S1, but there were charms and moments where even parents watching the show with their kids would stop and think "That's not bad for a kids show." in earlier seasons.

I just hate it when Big Jim tweets about the show like he's the only one that made it and he's the only one who knows what's best for the show when clearly he's not.
>>
>>29951643
>I'm a shit writer but it's okay because my audience is young and I don't need to be good
gotta love the utter lack of care, doesn't even deny that he can't write or edit well. Our wonderful show staff literally settle for "good enough" and mediocrity. Honestly it's really sad considering Lauren's dedication is what really made the show good.
>>
File: 863835.png (504KB, 975x1077px) Image search: [Google]
863835.png
504KB, 975x1077px
>>29951643
No one is complaining about the show not being deep enough, because people who never liked it isn't still watching it seven fucking years later after its premiere. The complaints, or the real complaints at least, are always about the show becoming increasingly stupid lately, with forced conflicts, retarded characterizations, and such. And it's to be expected when the writers are being continuously replaced and no one cares enough to supervise that the new episodes are consistent with the old ones.

To deal with these criticisms, Jim moves the goalposts and pretends that the complaints are about the show as a whole. "It's simple because it's for little girls!" So it was six years ago, and then it wasn't a problem. It's a problem now because of this "if it's for little girls, it doesn't need to be good" stupid mentality had led to zero effort writing. The problems with the show can't be fixed if the people who should fix them pretend that they don't exist.

Although I have to admit that I blame Haber for the huge quality drop in season 6, I think he failed miserably as story editor. So far, I'm slightly more optimistic about season 7 knowing that the Lady Writers are taking his spot. The fact that A Flurry of Emotions didn't rely on cringe humor like half of season 6 did is a reason enough to think that maybe this season won't be so fucking terrible as season 6 was.
>>
File: 1488828482023.png (207KB, 763x446px) Image search: [Google]
1488828482023.png
207KB, 763x446px
>>29951643
Bronies have been spoiled within the last several years ever since the show introduced more than Slice of Life and it is sad we cannot enjoy such a cartoon with the main genre. Adventures are fun, but I am glad they aren't trying to distance themselves from what the show actually perceives.

Jim is not in the wrong here, but what do he expect with a fandom full of overgrown adults?
>>
>>29953630
>children know the diffrence between half assed bs and a good show
Then why is modern SpongeBob popular
>>
>>29953630
funny how its always foreigners who cant into english and underage bitching about the show the loudest.
>>
>>29953755
>Personally, I think the show's writing were predictable and easy to digest since S1, but there were charms and moments where even parents watching the show with their kids would stop and think "That's not bad for a kids show." in earlier seasons
Literally everything from earlier seasons was predictable as fuck. The only two episodes that managed to surprise me came from season 5.
>>
>>29951643
He's not wrong, he just worded it poorly because he was butthurt or something. The show was, is and will be kids first. The kids need to like and understand the show, and only then you can add something extra for the parents. Jokes, references, a wink here and a nudge there. If you make an episode too sophisticated so that it flies over the kids heads, you've failed in your job as a writer for a kids show.
Then again, people who think that only the later seasons are too predictable are hallucinating. Either they were dumb 15 year olds when the show first aired (which sadly happens often), or they're delusional. The show has always been predictable.
>>
>>29954189
>funny how it's always foreigners who cant into english and underage bitching about the show the loudest
>foreigners who cant into english and underage bitching
Seems like it's you who can't into English
>>
File: 1438804643174.png (139KB, 348x511px) Image search: [Google]
1438804643174.png
139KB, 348x511px
That's not what I'm mad about. I'm mad about pointless references for no good reason. The defining aspect of S1 was that they were little magic horses in little magic horse land, the lore was self-contained, Equestria was its own world. And I loved that. Now it's pop culture references in every episode and 'lol it's a cartoon, little girls won't get it :^)' but I FUCKING DO AND I HATE IT, YOU'RE ACHIEVING THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU INTEND YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>29954268
name 5 references from last ep
>>
>>29951643
>I'm sorry it's not as sophisticated as 'Breaking Bad'. It's not supposed to be.

Anyone have that screencap of Faust stating that this show was supposed to be the exact opposite of what this mongol said?
>>
When will the show be as complex as something like The Wire?
>>
File: Applejack_angry_S4E13.png (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Applejack_angry_S4E13.png
340KB, 1280x720px
>>29951643
>Why do you care if this show which used to take its audience seriously is devolving? It's not like it MATTERS, it's for LITTLE GIRLS!

He will never ever be right.
>>
File: 3669223.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3669223.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>29954187
If you were brought into this world and raised knowing nothing else, there's not a lot for you to compare to. May as well have Puppet Pals on every station if the quality is going to remain the same.

Its funny how at this point, much like children, the adult fans are having more fun "playing pretend" with their pony toys (read: fan content) than actually enjoying the show.
>>
>>29954508
Speak for your own autism fag. I was born from the genes of quality, the genes of objectiveness. I find it in my blood and in my natural state of mind to understand the latter of quality even when that ladder is empty.

I was criticizing PPG and Dexter's Lab since I was 5. I always hated some ending to PPG and the direction of the show refusing to let some things happen.
>>
File: 1491792928178.jpg (73KB, 791x716px) Image search: [Google]
1491792928178.jpg
73KB, 791x716px
>>29954532
>this entire post
>calls other people autistic
>>
>>29954268
The show has always made plenty of references, hell, already the third episode of the show is pretty much directly named after a company.
>>
>>29951643
Because he shrugs off comments saying "lmao it's a kid's show" while passive-aggressively pointing out that bronies/horsefuckers are weird for watching the show.
>>
>>29951705
>>29951914
What exactly has been inconsistent about the show other than magic having power creep and cutie marks in general? I always considered the show pretty consistent and aware of continuity except for those two and a handful idiot ball episodes.
>>
>>29954623
Which is bullshit because a significant number of adult watchers were normies watching with their kids
>>
>>29954532
>I was criticizing PPG and Dexter's Lab since I was 5.
There's a big difference between the criticism of a 5-year-old and an adult. One says
>Mojo JoJo could have easily just stopped ranting about his big plan and executed it in order to beat the PPG
Versus
>I hate DeDe, she always messes things up!
Can you spot the difference?
>>
>>29954740
>Mojo JoJo could have easily just stopped ranting about his big plan and executed it in order to beat the PPG
But then he wouldn't be Mojo Jojo
>>
File: 4e2.png (365KB, 600x1122px) Image search: [Google]
4e2.png
365KB, 600x1122px
>>29954587
>Would rather use autism as criticism instead of pointing out his syntax and diction problems.
>>
File: 1451689008494.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451689008494.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>29951759
>when you're so autistic that you attempt to BTFO S1fags but come across as a sperging retard trying to hard
Bravo, anon
>>
>>29953773

She left before finishing even a second season of work. Yeah that's some fine dedication Lauren had there.
>>
>>29955017
You know she left because of corporate meddling right? Hasbro wanted to push toys, not a story.
>>
>>29951643
Jesus Christ, everything he's saying is what I've been telling people for years!

If you're expecting mature storylines and character deaths, you're watching the wrong show.
>>
>>29951643
That was right. The plots should be predictable and easy. Fuck people who complain about the few enjoyable episodes from s6 because they weren't "exciting" enough. I just want the characters to all get fair attention, not be treated like shit, and nobody be cucked.
>>
>>29951759
Go take a nap.
>>
>>29954456
Princess Carcetti
Lyra Heartstringer
Derpy as Bubbles[\spoiler]
>>
>>29955120

A person who's dedicated to a project would try to work around their limitations. Not abandon it in its prime because everything doesn't go their way.
>>
>>29951643
>Literally how, HOW is he wrong?
He's not. This very board used to shit on people for expecting complex, unpredictable storylines from a little girls' show.
>>
File: faust_on_leaving_fim.png (39KB, 1884x155px) Image search: [Google]
faust_on_leaving_fim.png
39KB, 1884x155px
>>29955120
There is no proof for that and, in fact, even suggestions to the contrary from herself saying that she actually had a lot of freedom.
>>
File: larson counting his shekels.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
larson counting his shekels.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>29951643

"Easy to digest" is code for "We produce trash because we can't do better".

Larson would bitch slap the fuck out of this stupid cunt.
>>
>>29955233
>Hasbro dindu nuffin it's Faust's fault I'm glad she miscarried.
>Here, this 4chan post proves it.
This is lazy shilling,
>>
>>29955131
>implying that consistency shouldn't be expected in children's shows

Funny enough, the whole G3.5 deal was excused with the "m-muh little girls show" business.
>>
>>29955378
Obviously Hasbro is still responsible for the harsh work schedule and conditions, however that usually doesn't fall under "corporate meddling", which the post I responded to was referring to. Which seems to have been, for her, actually fairly easy to work with.
>>
>>29951697
>if you don't type something in twitter format, your argument is invalid.
How ignorant can you be...
>>
>>29954963
whatever lets you sleep at night, S1fag.
>>
>>29955378
>Here, this 4chan post proves it.
As I said, it's from a public BABScon panel. Here, I looked it up for you:
https://youtu.be/kTHVr86NIOw&t=1964
32:44–36:12
The moderator kicks off the question about the work schedule and being separated from the creative team ultimately being too much for her, Lauren confirms this. After some shilling for the current show from the moderator, Lauren then pretty much says that she achieved everything she wanted with S1 and "most of season 2" and feels "very fortunate".

So from this we can gather that the main reason she left was the insane workload and that she was very satisfied with what she got to do with the show during the time she was there. Nothing about corporate meddling being a problem, rather corporate neglect of decent work conditions.
>>
>>29954268
Clearly you have rose tinted glasses on, on what was considered to be pop culture references. They had a decent amount in them in Season 1, in fact, that was one of the many driving arguments used back in 2011 to convince others to watch the show.
>>
>>29951643
>This show being enjoyable to us was always a privilege, not a right.
The audience paying attention to their show and all the work they put behind of it was also a privilegie, not a right.
>>
>>29951697
found the philistine who doesn't read
>>
File: 1480808157313.png (260KB, 594x379px) Image search: [Google]
1480808157313.png
260KB, 594x379px
>>29951643
>You cannot disprove this
His whole argument is basically
>"6-12 children too fucking stupid to understand anything remotely deep, all they want is shallow shit filled with jokes and gags"
It's exactly the kind of retardation which LF was trying to disprove.
>>
>>29951643
This is why SU and AT are doing better
>>
>>29951643
>"It's supposed to be fun and easy to digest"
>muh arget audience

Still doesn't excuse trash-tier storytelling, characterization that switches more often than a tumblrfag's gender and the obnoxious, cringeworthy, noisy, shameless brony cocksucking/key jiggling they're pretty much forced to put into every episode lest this zombie apocalypse of a fanbase might notice they're being fed audiovisual cancer.
>>
File: 1492151581506.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492151581506.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>29956139
you sound angry
>>
>>29953815
It's possible, but remember. Jim gets most of his fan interactions from Twitter. I've seen it happen
>a brony gets into the show as an underage b&
>gets into the fandom in a big way
>grows out of the show
>forgets what the show was really like
>confuses head canon and fanon with stuff that happened.

There's also the fan of the fandom normies who start watching the show way late only to find they invested all this time and energy in a fandom for a kid's show they don't even like. Like that crazy bitch who relentlessly harassed Amy Keating Rogers for Flutterguy after she had already left the show.
>>
>>29956339
Fair enough, I didn't think of that, and it makes sense. Plus, last year they made that Game of Thrones promo, so it could attract (or attract back) people with the wrong expectations. If that's the case, Jim is right here and he's getting shit for the wrong reasons.

Then again, even if Jim isn't "moving the goalposts" and he's actually responding to stupid criticisms with honesty, it's not much of a relief to think that they aren't ignoring the real criticisms, it's just that they can't see them because they end up lost under a pile of complaints from clueless idiots who do want to see Breaking Bad in My Little Pony.
>>
It doesn't matter who your audience is, they deserve to be "wow"ed. Going "lel is little girl show who cares if its shit" is a terrible excuse for bad writing.
>>
>>29956774
That's not what he's saying though, he's just saying that they're not trying to specifically appeal to more than little girls, not that they're not giving it their all because it's for little girls. There's a difference.
>>
>>29956821
Then they're disgracing Faust's legacy in doing so.
>>
>>29956866
Not really. Faust also made the show for girls first. She tried to make it so that the whole family could enjoy it, but the main focus, i.e. the plots, were to be simple enough for girls. Jim is not saying they do that differently, in fact he's saying he's happy older people still enjoy it, but that it's not primarily for them, echoing Lauren's vision. Don't forget that he here is complaining about people expecting the plots to be more complicated and 'mature', which they never were, even under Lauren. They always were predictable.
>>
>>29956937
Hello, Jim.

You still cannot measure against Faust and Renzetti.
>>
>>29956937
At the very least, Faust didn't insult her followers.
>>
>>29951643
What do you expect, Anon? This entire board just wants a scapegoat to attack because Season 6 sucked so much assholes. He was also showrunner on Season 5, yet that season was probably on par with 2 and 4 in terms of quality
>>
>>29957066
At the very least Faust honestly tried while Jim just goes through the motions and always picks the safest option to go.
>>
>>29957036
xD
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (17KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
17KB, 292x257px
>>29957084
>yet that season was probably on par with 2 and 4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
it was shit as well, don't be so delusional
>>
>>29951643
He's in the wrong because we're 4chan, we're allowed to be assholes and trolls with no consequence.
>>
>>29957036
Hi Anon, I agree, he doesn't exactly have the job either of them were doing, though. He's not even the main director anymore.

>>29957066
Fair enough even though I think he barely does that, although I don't know whether Faust ever got as much attention on Twitter over the show as he does.

>>29957084
>He was also showrunner on Season 5
No he wasn't, he was director for the first half minus the premiere where he was co-director. Larson was showrunner back then. Jim is mostly just involved with the animation side of the show, not the writing side.
>>
>>29951643
The overwhelming sense of entitlement among these autistic bronies is fucking astounding.
>>
>>29951643
>Literally how, HOW is he wrong?
Literally, he is >implying that you must be stupid in order to enjoy FiM and you shouldn't expect anything beyond of that level.
>>
>>29958155
>The overwhelming sense of entitlement among these autistic directors is fucking astounding, they literally believe they are entitled to blind praises and zero negative comparations just by existing.

Fixed it for you, there's no need to thank me.
>>
>>29958172
>>29956821
>>
Reading this thread is like watching anti-smark faggots complain about smarks ruining WWE.

WWE isn't shit because "FUCK ROMAN, NOT MUH INDIE DARLINGS", it's shit because they can't actually hold together a compelling program worth a damn. They cram the same baloney, half-ass writing down everyone's throats and push all the wrong characters who sully the quality of the programming.

The same is true here. Anyone arguing otherwise is retarded. No one wants an "adult show", they want a show that actually feels like it was made by people who give a shit about what they're writing. MLP could have been one of the best cartoons in the 2000s and beyond but it's wasted its potential by having directors with their head up their asses about what should and shouldn't be in a kids show. The characters and setting are bang-up, it's the plotting and consistency that are all out of whack.

Unfortunately it's unsalvageable now. The standard has already been set by years of fucking up and contradiction. It doesn't mean its bad, necessarily, but the chance for the show to be all it could be has long since passed.
>>
>>29954624
I'm neither of those anons but what bothers me the most about consistency (and the show in general) is the fact that the show has no idea what time period or setting it takes place in. Half the time it's a medival fantasy and the other half of the time it's modern day. That and characters just going back to how they used to be after an episode instead of really developing too much.
>>
>>29956821
Except he IS saying you shouldn't expect anything good because is for kids.
>>
>>29958197
>Not being part of the target audience
>Not having any desire to write, draw, or create
>Demanding that the producers cater directly to your tastes anyhow
Because your taste is clearly the only taste that matters.
Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 366x401px
>>29958172
>Faust wanting to make a show for girls
Yay, this is so much fun!
>McCarthy, Larson and AKR brainwashing you into thinking it's "Brony: The TV Series"
Yay, this is so much fun!
>The evil forced of Jim, Haber and Vogel try to break the ice by saying that it's always been about entertaining girls
REEEEEEEEEEEE, NOOOOOOOOO, WE'RE NOT BARNEYFAGS THIS IS OUR SHOW YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES

There's a reason we're one of the most hated fandoms of all time.
>>
>>29951643
>>"b-but muh episode 100 with fan characters!!"

Don't forget that ep got historically low ratings. Brony pandering doesn't work.
>>
>>29958617
No he didn't. A show can be "less complex than Breaking Bad" and still be good. Simplicity is not a bad thing unless you're a pretentious tryhard who demands all his fiction be as complex as Shakespeare.
>>
>>29958699
>McCarthy, Larson and AKR brainwashing you into thinking it's "Brony: The TV Series"

Except this never happened. They've always tried to make a fun show for girls too.

This fandom is just so deluded and full of itself that they interpreted the writers occasionally saying "we don't hate bronies," to mean "THIS SHOW EXISTS TO PLEASE YOU AND YOU ALONE."
>>
I can't believe you guys are harassing the staff, Dennis Falk-style

Bronies = furries
>>
>>29958745
Liar
>>
>>29958745
>Don't forget that ep got historically low ratings
but where is the evidence?

http://www.strawpoll.me/4619899/r
http://www.strawpoll.me/4620000/r
>>
>>29958745
>historically low ratings
that is demonstrably false
>>
>>29958783
>you guys
>>
File: ha ha no pinkie.png (125KB, 770x500px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha no pinkie.png
125KB, 770x500px
>>29958788
>the brony pandering episode must have been good because bronies said it was good!
>>
Jim, go home.

Oh wait- nobody save for a decrepit old dog is waiting for you there. OK, you can stay but keep your autism and self entitlement to a minimum, OK?
>>
File: fan pandering.jpg (56KB, 1642x187px) Image search: [Google]
fan pandering.jpg
56KB, 1642x187px
>>29958803
>it must have been bad because bronies said it was good
still waiting on that evidence friend.
>>
>>29958607
It's a fusion of the two, like many of the recent Final Fantasy games. The world is filled with magic and some of that magic has been engineered into magitek; the fusion of magic and technology. This is what makes the setting so malleable and why fanfic of the show runs the gamut of genres, including sci-fi. Clarke's Third Law states that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." However, the inverse can also be true; "any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."
>>
>>29958821
Uh, Magitek was in FF6 already.
>>
>>29958842
Well it's more blatant in the more recent games. FF15 is basically our world with fictional nations, magic and fantastic beasts running around and coexisting with modern cars, smartphones and flat-screen TVs.
>>
>>29958842
>>29958852
Although, to be honest I've only played Dirge of Cerberus, a little bit of FF12 and their MMORPGs FF11 and 14.
>>
>>29958868
>FF12
Sorry I meant FF13.
>>
>>29958868
Ah, I wouldn't know much about the more recent FFs. I played 4 to 7 and a bit of 8 and 9 and then kind of lost interest.
>>
>>29958871
FF13 is a pile of shit.
>>
>>29958889
That's why Anon was trying to compare it to FiM, OtherAnon.
>>
>>29958889
I know. I gave up playing it just a few hours into the game because the shitty gameplay mechanics were giving me an aneurysm.
>>
>>29958899
i made it to disc 2 before i gave up. it amazes me how well FF12s gameplay was compared to FF13. some people bitched about gambits but i thought it was nice i could program my party to not behave like retards.
>>
File: fran-ff12_8005.png (72KB, 300x405px) Image search: [Google]
fran-ff12_8005.png
72KB, 300x405px
>>29958922
Huh, I was considering playing that one just for the sexy bunnygirls but I might seriously give it a try for the gameplay as well based on your account.
>>
>>29958993
id strongly recommend it. only bad thing about FF12 is the main character is a piece of shit. luckily you dont have to play him much if you choose not to since you can choose your party.
>>
>>29951643
Well, jim, you were right this time.
But you weren't the 1200 other times you used your fucking twitter account.
You're basically anita sarkeesian
>>
>>29959418
stop baiting. no one is even in the same realm as anita.
>>
File: poni.png (546KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
poni.png
546KB, 1920x1080px
>>29959426
Now now anon, no need to be like this.
I'm sure she was right, at least ONCE.
right guys
guys
>>
>>29959426
Jim is.
>>
>>29951643
This bait will reach at least 300 replies. Good job Anon
>>
File: 45724564626.png (457KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
45724564626.png
457KB, 800x700px
>>
File: 1483818130498.png (131KB, 744x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1483818130498.png
131KB, 744x1026px
>>29951643
He's not wrong, I guess, but with the previous show creators did not think like he does; with this attitude the show will never be "suprisingly better than a children's cartoon" anymore. Maybe if this was an attitude from season 1 and onwards I wouldn't even care, but at this point it's destructive.
>>
>>29955560
Nice post anon.
>>
File: faust.jpg (97KB, 1067x803px) Image search: [Google]
faust.jpg
97KB, 1067x803px
>>29958699

Faust's words speak for themselves.
>>
>>29951643
>Stop blaming him
But I never did. As a matter of fact, only retards get wet for this moronical "twitter feud".
>>
And this is why grownass men shouldn't be watching a cartoon for little girls.

Watch Mlp for ponies; get your "muh deep drama lore" fix from game of thrones.
>>
>>29958808
Stop projecting your insecurities on him
>>
>>29960862
Why are you even here if you don't watch it?
>>
>>29960880
I watch it for cute ponies doing cute things. I don't need deep anime bullshit drama. Because then we get "the crystal empire" and that episode sucked balls
>>
>bronies whine that the show shouldn't be aimed at little girls
>bronies worship the fuck out of season 1, which was solely aimed at little girls.

This is advanced stupid.
>>
Fucking Big Jim

I love the show, even in its state, but holy fuck, this is literally "It's supposed to be simple"

Fuck off, the show itself has tackled the issue of abbandoment pretty harshly and realistically in Ammending Fences where Twilight basically entirely ruins a life of her friend for not giving her the confidence to believe she is worthy of friendship.

She literalyl fucked up all her life, her house and the way she looks is a perfect showcase of depression.

This "it's simple cuz children" sounds like to me like an excuse for poor writting or plot holes.
>>
>>29951643
Litteraly the only difference between the average little girl and us is little girls do not care if the ending is shit as long as the journey to it is ok.
>>
>>29960896
Besides, twelve years old can understand more complex things.

Also kek, to try and tell me that Breaking Bad is somehow "sophisticated, using it as if it was the most well written show ever is rich.
>>
>>29960896
You just want "le deep epic anime stories" fuck off
>>
>>29960893
>>bronies whine that the show shouldn't be aimed at little girls
No we don't. We're saying that shows aimed at little girls can and should have good writing. When MLP:FiM was envisioned, this is the point it set out to prove, and it proved that point fairly well.
>>
>>29960921
Did you even read my post?

I m not fucking asking for epic anime stories, I prefer my splice of life stories, I always did, but rather than being silly they could be more emotional

I mean, that is why S5 was one of the best seasons, it was very emotionally filled, it was pretty powerful,

I want good writting, character development, I want feels, I want laughs
>>
>>29960926
>good writing
By that you mean, "deep lore" and cringeworthy attempts at drama
>>
>>29960931
>the entitlement is strong in this one
>>
>>29960893

There is no FOR KIDS/FOR ADULTS

There is only good writing and shit writing. Shitty writers will make the claim that "it's meant for kids", which is a terrible excuse for shitty writing. It propagates the idea that children are too retarded to recognize the difference between good and bad writing, which is a load of horse shit.
>>
>>29960931
So you basically want the most recent episode.

Why are you complaining then?
>>
>>29960934
Are you baiting.

I am just asking for quality.

>>29960938
I am not complaining about the show itself, I am really complaining about what Big Jim is implying.
>>
>>29960937
>waaah. an episode with twilight and Flurry! It's automatically shit now!
>>
>>29960932
>cringeworthy attempts at drama
No, that's not good writing, that's season 6.
>>
>>29960932

Keep fucking beating on that MUH DEEP LORE strawman. You have no argument. Even Lauren Faust herself said she is tired of bad cartoon writers claiming they produce trash because it's just for children anyway. There's no reason to set the bar low, unless you literally cannot do better.
>>
>>29960937
Are you going to keep slinging buzz words or actually explain what you find "shitty" about the writing?
>>
>>29960946
Exactly, dumbass. That's why I want more episodes like "flurry of emotions". That was just adorable fluff and that's all I want from my ponies.
>>
>>29960948
Do you even remember the first season? The "big threats" were scary trees and not having fun at a high society gala.

How is that any better for kids?
>>
>>29960941
>implying
He's telling y'all to shut the fuck up and stop badgering him about why the show isn't darker and edgier.

And he's right. It shouldn't be dark and edgy. He's not saying that means shit writing. He means "my little pony" should be "my little pony"
>>
>>29960956
>I want more episodes like "flurry of emotions"
I'd rather have only episodes like Flurry of Emotions than more stupid episodes cringe drama like Flutter Brutter again. It still doesn't change the point. "Flutter Brutter was written like shit." "Well, the show is for little girls, it doesn't matter if it's shit!" That's kinda the point here, if they fuck up and they don't care because "quality" isn't important, that's a problem.
>>
>>29960967

That has literally nothing to do with writing.
>>
>>29960975
It has everything to do with writing. The first season was painfully juvenile.
>>
>>29960978

And yet the writing was in several cases better than that of some TV shows aimed at adult audiences.

You fundamentally misunderstand what quality means.
>>
>>29960978
It was lighthearted. There were serious episodes that dealt with big threats, and there were silly episodes that dealt with everyday things. That doesn't affect the quality of the writing.
>>
>>29960986
>>29960988
This is serious delusion. Take off the rose-colored glasses.
>>
>>29961003
Stop baiting and/or kill yourself.
>>
>>29961003
>if you like the earlier seasons then you're just nostalgic
lol kill yourself newfag
>>
>>29961005
The writing wasn't mature nor were the threats "big". Get rid of your nostalgia boner.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=030kPkU5bOQ
You look me straight in the eye and tell me this wasn't the cringiest bullshit ever
>>
>>29961011
Season 1 was shit, anon. Accept it.
>newfag
Bitch I was here since feeling pinkie keen.
>>
File: allout.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
allout.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>
>>29961026
I came here to say this
>>
>Bitch I was here since feeling pinkie keen.
So you sat through several years of a show you thought was cringy for no reason. Congrats you're even more retarded than I thought.

>>29961018
>a deliberately dumb joke scene is cringy
You're one of those people who think that the Tirek fight was the pinnacle of the show, aren't you?
>>
>>29961018
>a preteen show reliving a bloody historical event
How is this cringe?
Really, I'm not going to defend some other episodes, but this?
What the fuck is even going inside your head anon?
Grow up
>>
>>29961028
What's your excuse then?
>>29961028
Better than "giggle at the ghosties"
>>
>>29961030
>a real life bloody event turned into a silly pie fight
No it's still fucking stupid
>>
>>29961037
>Better than "giggle at the ghosties"
So that's a yes then. I knew you were retarded.
>>
>>29961050
Go watch Barney, you retarded man child, if you seriously think season 1 has the best writing
>>
>>29961057
Lee, is that you?
>>
>>29961050
>calls me retarded for enjoying a G1 villain battle twilight more than "scary trees faces are a legit threat"
>>
File: 1476297781591.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476297781591.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
>>29961057
>heh, can you believe this guy, he watches the first season of a little girl's show! What a manchild! True men watch the later seasons.
>>
>>29961061
>he thinks I'm Jim because I can judge something without nostalgia goggles
You're more autistic than i thought
>>
>>29961065
Yes anon. You are retarded for liking a fight scene that was this show's equivalent to the Star Wars prequels' lightsabre duels.
>>
>>29961070
Of course, I watch season two, bitch.
>>
>>29961077
You mean the best and only good part of the prequels? Hell yeah
>>
>>29961076
>anon calls you Lee
>"lol you called me Jim!"
Oh you're dyslexic as well as retarded.
>>
>>29961077
You probably think Boast Busters was the best episode then.
>>
File: AUTISM.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISM.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>29961076
>he thinks that everyone should have the same opinion, and if the don't, it's because they have nostalgia goggles on
Also,
>"Jim"
>he can't even read a post with four words
Yep, it's autism.
>>
>>29961090
Stop projecting so hard, nona
>>
>>29961091
I'm not sure how thinking that the Tirek fight scene was boring dross makes me like Boast Busters specifically, but I'm not the man of high class and taste that you are so maybe I'm just missing the obvious.
>>
>>29961096
Well who fuck is it then?

Isn't his name Jim lee or something?

I can't be bothered to memorize show staff names, I have a life.
>>
>>29961103
Well you admit it then. That's the first step to enlightenment, brah.
>>
>>29961103
And I'm not how sure me being critical of the first season means I must like a certain scene you didn't.
>>
>>29961087
Well at least you've admitted you like pretty light shows that go on forever. That's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>29961122
*sure how
Godammit. This is why I hate mobile posting.
>>
>>29961107
>I have a life.
>>
>>29961123
Yes, the show has been light from the beginning. You finally get it!
>>
>>29960946
How are S1 attempts at drama different from S6 attempts at drama?
>>
>>29951643
Target demographic isn't really an excuse for being overly predictable, but then again even most more adult shows and games tend to fail in that area.

Complaining about it not being mature enough is just stupid though. Did anyone actually do that?
>>
>>29961139
But you said you didn't like the first season. Honestly I can see why you've got such bad taste, you're clearly confused.
>>
>>29960972
Flutter Brutter is one of the best episodes of S6. It tackles a mature problem, introduces a compelling character and actually showcases Fluttershy's development. What of this exactly is 'cringe drama'? If you want your Fluttershy episodes to be all 'she needs to learn how to be assertive FOR THE 1000th TIME' like before then I'm tempted to say you might have shit taste.
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>29961133
I have a horse too.
>>
>>29961107
>I have a life
4chin is not the site for you then.
>>
>>29960971
My Little Pony can be a lot of things. The show can get alreadly pretty dark in places, Chrysalis in season finale probably gave some kids nightmares.
>>
>>29961167
>Flutter Brutter is one of the best episodes of S6
I agree Anon. It was almost alright, which made it head and shoulders above most of the season. If they made Zephyr less of an obnoxious stereotype then maybe the episode would've been decent even.
>>
>>29961160
I didn't overall. Some episodes were good, most were meh.

The show didn't hook me until Return of Harmony
>>
>>29961045
lol ok
It would've been so much less cringy if they used laser guns and there was blood and trips everywhere!
It'll be fine anon, you'll grow out of it, eventually.
Stop watching chinese cartoons tho.
>>
>>29961213
Are you unironically defending "over a barrel"?!

I bet you loved "mysterious mare do well"' too!
>>
>>29961213
Explain to me how it made any logical sense. It was just stupid dumb joke that wasn't even funny.
>>
>>29961155
Because the writing was way better in S1. Meghan writing Pinkie's crisis, for example, was infinitely better than Rapp writing Zephyr's crisis. Meghan was an experienced writer, Rapp is a fucking idiot with no experience. "It doesn't matter, it's for little girls, it doesn't have to be good!" Well, give me simple episodes then, that would be better than half-assed attempts at drama.

>>29961167
>"compelling" character
I saw a different episode then. In my rip they presented a complete moron, they made him completely hateable, and at the end they tried to pretend that you were supposed to give a fuck about him. Beautiful writing.
>>
>>29961226
It was better in s2, s4, and s5
>>
>>29961223
Are you unironically attacking those?
I'm sure you.. come from reddit?
Stop spacing your shit you mongoloid

>>29961225
>explain to me why they replaced it with pies
I don't know anon, maybe to be able to broadcast it on a national channel aimed at kids?
Why was it so stupid and dumb about it anon? Tell me a joke from the show that isn't just that?
You do understand that the fandom started because we all laughed at ponies doing silly pony things, right?
Not everyone shares the same humor. welcome to the adult world
Now, you can go back to /a/ where you belong.
>>
>>29961237
>It was better in s2, s4, and s5
The post I was replying to literally asks about s1 and s6. I'm not saying that s1 was the only good season, Amending Fences was brilliant and it was in s5.
>>
>>29961225
Okay anon. I'll explain to you. You see, the buffalo wanted to attack the town so the ponies decided to defend themselves. As such, they made easy-to-make projectile weapons that, as you can see in the episode, are quite effective. They also provide the resolution; the chief gets hit, you see, and that allows him to taste the pie and allow the two sides to come up with a compromise - that they can use the stomping ground if the ponies can provide them with pies.

I'm sorry that that was confusing to you when you watched it. Hopefully if you see it again you'll be able to follow it this time. Maybe you'll even to find a sense of humour and chuckle at it like a normal person.
>>
File: THINK.jpg (78KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
THINK.jpg
78KB, 637x476px
>>29961246
What was so stupid an dumb about it*
>>
>>29961248
It's hard to tell with so many retarded fags telling me how "wrong" I am for not singing the praises of season 1
>>
>>29961246
I don't even watch anime you dumb retard. I'm sick and tired of this.

All the threat of the argument between both sides for the audience was removed once it turned out the big conflict was fucking pie throwing.

>>29961253
Not f funny and this feels like a lazy and the most cliche realization to a problem which something new episode later avoided, Party Pooped hadled this type of conflict far better, and it was also pretty good by the fact that the resolution was done by a main character and not by some kind of lazy joke about haha pies.
>>
File: IMG_1407.png (186KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1407.png
186KB, 640x360px
>>29961246
>he thinks mare do well was a good episode.
>>
File: 1159785.png (294KB, 759x681px) Image search: [Google]
1159785.png
294KB, 759x681px
>>29961262
S1 > S6
>>
>>29961282
I never said I liked season six either, dummy.
>>
>>29961282
S2,S3,S4,S5 > S1
>>
>>29961271
>I hate everything!
>Why would they put kid jokes in my kid show!
>fuck this shit!
Off my board

>>29961278
No, there's a difference between attacking the ones I don't like, and not caring about it.
Mare do well wasn't so bad that I'd feel like shitting on it 6+ years later on an imageboard.
R E D D I T
>>
>>29961278
It was way better than the reha-- I mean, better than that other episode with a completely original concept that wasn't related at all.
>>
>>29961285
>Off my board
This isn't your board faggot, and I'll stay here to call you out on your shit taste day and night until the day I fucking die
>>
>>29961271
>Party Pooped hadled this type of conflict far better, and it was also pretty good by the fact that the resolution was done by a main character and not by some kind of lazy joke about haha pies.
Oh I agree anon, Party Pooped was a masterpiece of serious character writing. That scene of Pinkie's friends finding out she has an underground cave under Sugarcube Corner where she keeps tabs on literally everyone was very realistic and not at all contrived or retarded. That quesadilla joke was a brilliant bit of character writing and completely unzany. And that resolution to Pinkie's trek where she springs back to Ponyville in a cartoony fashion (after meeting a bunch of old characters and the Beatles) truly touched my heart. You're completely right to use that episode as a case for good resolutions, it wasn't lazy and full of shit jokes at all.
>>
>>29961285
You got offended because I dare attack mare do well. You have shit taste. Accept it
>>
>>29961283
I never said that you said it, I was summarizing my opinion.
>>
>>29961246
>implying OAB isn't one of the worst episodes of season one, perhaps only second to Owl's Well That Ends Well
>implying MMDW isn't one of the worst episodes of all time
>>
>>29961285
>>29961291
Now, now. Kids, put the rubber ducky down and stop pulling each other's hair.
>>
>>29961294
It was still better than "over a barrel", you faustfag scum
>>
>>29961291
Well let's just hope that you get some taste on the way there then!
Maybe you'll even grow out of your emo phase, who knows

>>29961295
>reddit argument
heh you're making this too easy

>>29961300
>the owl episode was better than OAB
What the fuck are you even on about
I say this years after years, but I think this generation of 'horsefuckers' is actually the worst.

But it's okay guys, keep calm and /)
>>
>>29961315
To call your tastes "shit" would be an insult to shit.
>>
>>29961315
Somebody clearly didn't read the posts before replying
>>
>>29961030
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>29961315
>the owl episode was better than OAB
Read my post again.
I said OAB was one of the WORST episodes of season 1, perhaps only second to Owl's Well. Meaning Owl's Well is THE worst.
>>
>>29961307
Whatever keeps you sleep at night, puto
>>
>>29961315
>le leddit XDD

Just calling everything leddit won't make you get on top of anything, smart ass.
>>29961294
>. That scene of Pinkie's friends finding out she has an underground cave under Sugarcube Corner where she keeps tabs on literally everyone was very realistic and not at all contrived or retarded.

How is this unrealistic in a bit, we are talking about Pinkie, she knows every one in Ponyville, this has been established seasons ago and she does her best to have birthday for everyone in Ponyville, she is caring of Ponyville's ponies.
You dumb cunt.

She is a party pony of Ponyville, this just showcases to us how much she cares.

The Beatles joke was a quick thrown in gag, which didn't even last that long, guess what, it wasn't the resolution of the episode as in Over A Barrel.
Also guess what, everyone in Party Pooped is in character meanwhile in Over A Barrel Pinkie is at her worst, being the annoying character without any sense of what is going, acting like a retarded monkey, just like you right now.

The resolution was done entirely by Pinkie with a good argument which prevented a war in Party Pooped, her suddenly ending back at Ponyville with a gag was done to showcase that in the end Pinkie's journey wasn't sucesfull.
>>
>>29961315
Autistic retards like you make me wish this show was cancelled so you'd kill yourself sooner
>>
>>29961349
Did you just call me a prositute?
>>
>>29961362
yes
>>
>>29961366
Go home Anonycat. Your drunk.
>>
>>29961371
I'm not drunk, I wish I was

I just have crippling depression and I am unhappy about life so I take it out on a children show on an annonymous imageboard.
>>
>>29961226
>Meghan writing Pinkie's crisis, for example, was infinitely better than Rapp writing Zephyr's crisis.
Pinkie's crisis was literally forgetting about her fucking birthday. This is not relatable in any way, because real life people do not fucking do that.
Zephyr's crisis on the other hand is much more realistic and comes from a very relatable problem of apathy induced by your own laziness. This is much more mature than a pony forgetting about her own birthday. If anything, the latter looks like it came from a little girls' show.
>>29961226
>I saw a different episode then. In my rip they presented a complete moron, they made him completely hateable, and at the end they tried to pretend that you were supposed to give a fuck about him. Beautiful writing.
Oh, so you're one of THESE people... The people who think 'unlikeable characters' equals 'bad writing'... Do you realize how infantile that is to hate a fictional character? What, you'd hate Crime and Punishment too because its main character is a self-righteous psycho?
>>
>>29961373
>he identifies himself that easily
Rookie mistake
>>
>>29961376
I don't know what you mean by that.
>>29961374
This is the best post who actually gets it.
>>
>>29961350
Pinkie doesn't need a bunch of secret filing cabinets in a super secret underground lair to keep tabs on her friends you pustle. They actually cheapen her by making her "caring" about her friends look like a 9-5 thing where she files away info on her friends, taking it out when she needs to remember their names or mane colours. The impression for the longest time was that she was just really good at remembering everything about everyone, because that's what social people do, and she was really fucking good at it because that's her talent.

The difference in Over a Barrel and Party Pooped is that Over a Barrel is just a dumb fun episode full of dumb jokes whereas Party Pooped has the pretension of being emotional despite being full of dumber jokes. It's hard to care about anything deeply when the events of the episode are so contrived and dumb that they break suspension of disbelief but then I guess autistic fucks like you are attracted to simplistic and dumb shit so it all makes sense.
>>
>>29961374
>Zephyr's crisis on the other hand is much more realistic
Yeah, because people who don't have their dream jobs is because they haven't tried. They just need to sing a song and everything is magically solved. Much realistic, so relatable.
>the latter looks like it came from a little girls' show
WHICH IT IS. I was watching a good written little girls' show. Now it's a show with "mature" and "relatable" plots written like shit with completely retarded resolutions because, oh, shit, they can't give depth to those stupids plots because it's still a little girls' show, so we end up with abominations like Flutter Brutter.
>people who think 'unlikeable characters' equals 'bad writing'
I never said that, fucking retard, but whatever suits your narrative.
>>
>>29956132
AT is dead, you fucking Neanderthal. Axed to free up more air time for "lolsorandum" TTG.
>>
>>29961378
I only guessed you were Anonycat. You confirmed it.
>>
>>29961409
I don't know who the fact Anonycat is.
>>
>>29961411
FUCK I MEANT FUCK
>>
>>29961383
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29961383
>Pinkie doesn't need a bunch of secret filing cabinets in a super secret underground lair to keep tabs on her friends you pustle. They actually cheapen her by making her "caring" about her friends look like a 9-5 thing where she files away info on her friends, taking it out when she needs to remember their names or mane colours. The impression for the longest time was that she was just really good at remembering everything about everyone, because that's what social people do, and she was really fucking good at it because that's her talent.
Why is that even a problem? I never had that impression (read: headcanon).
Pinkie might be capable of whatever fuckery, but she still has her weaknesses as a character, and she's bound to forgetting things too. Party of One was about that exactly. That's natural.
Your post looks like hardcore headcanon makers from S1 whining about Lesson Zero.
>>
>>29951759
Your autism is flaring up, kiddo.
>>
>>29961409
Derpibooru's autism squad confirmed as visiting /mlp/, this is so awesome.
>>
>>29961383
>social people always have perfect memories about everyone's favorite foods and party preferences
Are you high?
>>
>>29961422
Yes anon, deducing normal character interaction in a children's show by interacting with people in real life is headcanon. You've truly nailed it on the head right there.

>>29961439
>Are you high?
No, but I can read full sentences, which you apparently cannot.
>>
>>29961434
What's even better is that he thinks he's above the other derpifags and has "standards"
>>
>>29961439
>>29961451
No seriously guys, I don't know who the fuck this user on derpibooru is. I'm not him.
>>
>>29961465
That's okay anon, one day you'll be able to spellcheck your posts like a normal person. One day.
>>
>>29951759
Yep. That's this thread in a nutshell.
>>
>>29961401
>with completely retarded resolutions because, oh, shit, they can't give depth to those stupids plots
I guess you'd like it better if the episode went full edge and he ended up a hobo on the streets of Canterlot slowly dying out of starvation and the last shot was his body lying in a puddle of his own vomit?
The ironic thing is that you claim Zephyr to be hateable, yet you follow his exact logic of excuses:
>Yeah, because people who don't have their dream jobs is because they haven't tried.
Do you know how fucking much I hear it from different people? Hell, I myself don't have my dream job because where I live its income is pretty low. But that's not an excuse to turn into an infantile lazy piece of trash and blame the system for everything and not try to get at least some kind of a job.
The problem of not being able to fullfill your dreams because of something you cannot change does exist, yes. But it is too complicated of a problem for a show like MLP, that's why it doesn't tackle it.
However, if you didn't know, the problem of being so sure that you'll fail that you don't even wanna try also exists in real life, and it existed for me, too. And this is something MLP can handle. Singing a song was equal to a training montage, it's not meant to be taken literally. The point was that you should at least try.
>I never said that, fucking retard, but whatever suits your narrative.
You did say a 'hateable character' as if it's a bad thing.
>>
>>29961451
>"standards"

LOL
most users there are fat, poor, ugly, mentally fucked up and virgin, so it goes w/o saying that nobody at derpibooru has any standards at all to begin
for example, gingerninja is fat, gay and likes anything with Hasbro's logo on it
holofan is fat, balding and a sex offender who also likes whatever Hasbro tell him to support
the admin staff will accept any drawing upload as long they have a giant horsecock penis, foalcon rape, gaping ponuts and so

derpibooru is not a place for faggots with "standards"
>>
>>29961443
>Yes anon, deducing normal character interaction in a children's show by interacting with people in real life is headcanon.
>the wacky-crazy-always-somewhere-out-there character archetype
>normal
Yes, that's a headcanon.
>>
>>29961495
Yes anon, that one result on Google that was submitted one month ago by a guy who can't spell "you're" and has garnered zero votes is obviously what you were going for. You didn't try to spell moron and miss the n key for the b at all.

How embarrassing. Of all the retarded hills you could've chosen to die on tonight and you chose this one. Absolutely shameful.
>>
File: IMG_1400.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1400.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>29961497
Jesus. I agreed with you at first but now I think you're a major asshat.
>>
>>29961511
>Only a mobilefag can recognize another mobilefag
>>
>>29961497
You are on 4chan. You are the nigger calling the kettle black.
>>
>>29961505
Yes anon, my headcanon based on the fact that for four seasons Pinkie was able to interact with other characters normally without secret files.
>>
>>29961546
>what is a retcon
How can you be sure she wasn't using them?
>>
>>29961518
derpibooru is full of losers fapping to a cartoon for little girls so whats wrong with making fun of them when they think they are soooo special for obsesing and masturbatin to a show made for little girls and feeling proud of that?

creepy fat, virgin losers masturbating to cartoons and bringin offsite drama here because they have no gf? what a fuckin surprise
>>
>>29961546
>implying she didn't have those files this whole time
Stay butthurt
>>
>>29961558
That is literally /mlp/ dude.

I hate derpibooru too; but don't claim we aren't horsefuckers either.
>>
>>29961540
somebody is mad lol
>>
>>29961580
You are insinuating we aren't horsefuckers too. We're bigger horsefuckers than those derpifags!
>>
>>29961497
>>29961558
lol you got banned, didn't you?

Show us on the doll where derpibooru hurt you, denialfag.
>>
File: C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg (86KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg
86KB, 768x1024px
> Shills try to derail this thread with drama nobody cares about.

No no no, little Jimbeciles. Let's fix that, yes?
>>
File: 1487474894880.jpg (65KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
1487474894880.jpg
65KB, 640x525px
Even Sibsy agrees that FiM sucks
>>
>>29961594
Fuck back off to derpibooru where you belong, virgin.
>>
File: jim is not invited.jpg (91KB, 620x356px) Image search: [Google]
jim is not invited.jpg
91KB, 620x356px
And this is one of the reasons Jim invented that excuse about having phneumonia, to pretend he couldn't attend it all along.
>>
>>29961558
>butthurt incarnate
>>
File: 1488309813133.png (35KB, 474x290px) Image search: [Google]
1488309813133.png
35KB, 474x290px
>>29961604
> Derpibooru
> Criticrizing Friendship is Magic

Pick one, anon.
>>
>>29961559
There is literally no proof as to how long they were there for. For all you know she could've made all those files the day before.
>>
>>29961625
Shut up. All you derpibooru faggots are fat virgin losers!
>>
>>29961603
>Sibsy
who?
>>
File: the toxic pony.jpg (208KB, 1044x330px) Image search: [Google]
the toxic pony.jpg
208KB, 1044x330px
derpiboorus staff will defend a fraud artist because fuck you thats why
>>
>>29961625
>posting photoshopped pictures as supposed arguments
This is barneyfag levels of rhetorics.
>>
>>29961638
Lol he banned you for being a faggot, didn't he?
>>
File: 1489446929316.png (50KB, 635x485px) Image search: [Google]
1489446929316.png
50KB, 635x485px
>>29961625
> Shut up

Nope! Here's more!
>>
>>29961490
>I guess you'd like it better if the episode went full edge and he ended up a hobo on the streets of Canterlot
Where do you get that from? I used >>29960946 as a example of something that I don't want to see in the show, and I literally said that I'd rather have more episodes like Flurry of Emotions instead of this. Maybe I'd like to see an episode like that in a different show, but certainly not here, because I never wanted to see him at all to begin with.
>it is too complicated of a problem for a show like MLP, that's why it doesn't tackle it
Then the problem with the episode is that, ignoring part of the reality because it's "too complicated", it literally sends the message "if you haven't succeeded, it's because you haven't tried." If it doesn't bother you to get that stupid message from a little girls' show no less, then clearly you haven't heard it enough.
>You did say a 'hateable character' as if it's a bad thing.
Zephyr being a hateable character is a bad thing, because it's bad writing. He's hateable only because a flawed episode needs him to be hateable, because they would be unable to deliver the half-assed moral if he was adorable and everyone loved him. Not all the hateable characters are bad writing.
>>
>>29961649
Virgin LOSER!!!!>>29961649
>>
File: jim owes you shit.gif (71KB, 620x395px) Image search: [Google]
jim owes you shit.gif
71KB, 620x395px
Please keep getting madder, guys.
This is awesome.
>>
>>29961497
>>29961558
Lol everyone on derpibooru says hi, loser!
>>
>>29961665
>there are times where they may prefer I wasn't as interactive

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
File: caughtcaught.jpg (391KB, 833x1545px) Image search: [Google]
caughtcaught.jpg
391KB, 833x1545px
Hey guys... psst, get mad.
>>
>>29961675
no
>obvious fake is fake
>>
File: 1476250684322.png (316KB, 474x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476250684322.png
316KB, 474x720px
Getting this thread back on track!

Also: thanks for the free bumps!
>>
File: 1476080061164.png (245KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476080061164.png
245KB, 850x800px
>>29961685
>>
>>29961685
>cuck
You must be 18 to use this site
>>
File: 1440165856165.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440165856165.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>29951643
>implying that a show being "simple" gives it an excuse to be shit
>implying that the first three seasons of the show weren't "simple" and still managed to be good

Jesus this man becomes more of a cuck every time that I see him post
>>
File: 147434223338ffd4.jpg (12KB, 610x132px) Image search: [Google]
147434223338ffd4.jpg
12KB, 610x132px
This comment here pretty much confirms that Jim is constantly browsing the net to see what's being told about him.

It also makes you think about all the obvious derailing attempts whenever we start talking about him, just sayin'...
>>
File: 1474346659747.png (130KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
1474346659747.png
130KB, 720x707px
>>29961699
>>
>>29961706
Yes because I must be Jim miller if I don't agree with you.
>>
>>29961699
>cuck
Derpibooru virgin detected!
>>
File: 1474342233384.jpg (245KB, 628x787px) Image search: [Google]
1474342233384.jpg
245KB, 628x787px
Truly a mature and professional story editor and director as well.
>>
It doesn't matter who you're audience is. They deserve your respect and your effort, especially if your peripheral demographic is responsible for your continued success.
Jim needs to either stop biting the hand that feeds or get the fuck off the crew
>>
>>29961728
You're an asshole.
>>
>>29961726
>ignoring my point to focus on the use of one word

Big Jim cock sleeve detected!
>>
>>29961739
Go back to derpibooru, you fat virgin loser!
>>
>>29961734
And you need to stop harassing him because you're butthurt.
>>
I just killed the thread.
>>
File: 1430271560073.png (512KB, 3261x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1430271560073.png
512KB, 3261x3000px
>>29961755
Friendly reminder: Twilight dyes her mane.
>>
>>29961655
>Then the problem with the episode is that, ignoring part of the reality because it's "too complicated", it literally sends the message "if you haven't succeeded, it's because you haven't tried."
Do you realize that every single episode tackling on every single topic of every single show ignores SOME part of reality, right? It's impossible to be fully objective.
And no, this is not the message it sends, this is the message your biased mind wants to see in it. This episode delves around ONE specific situation, sending a message that you should at least try instead of whining to no end. If you tried and it didn't work out, that's a different situation entirely and you might be not to blame. But if you never tried at all, then you definitely are to blame.
Your complaint can be applied to every single work of fiction that encourages trying anything at all because there's always a possibility that you'll fail, and by that logic the message of every single work of fiction that encourages trying anything at all can be dismissed as 'if you haven't succeeded, it's because you havent't tried'.
>a flawed episode needs him to be hateable, because they would be unable to deliver the half-assed moral if he was adorable and everyone loved him
This, too, could be applied to 95% of antagonists in 95% of works ever. "Why is the character that's supposed to be in the wrong, is, in fact, in the wrong????"
>>
>>29961767
Everything I know is a lie!!!!
>>
>>29958472
Roman Reigns did nothing wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1410.png (294KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1410.png
294KB, 1280x800px
>>29961755
>>
File: IMG_1411.png (87KB, 485x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1411.png
87KB, 485x378px
>>29961794
>>
File: hipocricy at max.jpg (88KB, 626x282px) Image search: [Google]
hipocricy at max.jpg
88KB, 626x282px
>>
>>29961770
>this is not the message it sends
It is. You're assuming that "the message it sends" is always "the message it's supposed to send", but that only happens when an episode isn't fucking shit. Do you think that the message that What About Discord? actually sends is the message that it was supposed to send?
>"Why is the character that's supposed to be in the wrong, is, in fact, in the wrong????"
Anon, for fuck's sake, that's not what I'm saying at all. A hateable character and a character in the wrong are two completely different things. Of course all the characters who are supposed to learn something are in the wrong, but that doesn't make them immediately hateables. I mean, would you say that Moondancer was hateable? Because I certainly wouldn't say it.
>>
>>29961869
>defending Batman v Superman
>>
>>29961882
>It is. You're assuming that "the message it sends" is always "the message it's supposed to send", but that only happens when an episode isn't fucking shit.
Once again, it's your subjective biased view that could just as well be applied to anything that encourages trying. Would you say the same about Rocky, Karate Kid or anything like that?
>Do you think that the message that What About Discord? actually sends is the message that it was supposed to send?
Yes, it was relatable for me too and I think it's one of the subtler moments of Discord being smart.
>Anon, for fuck's sake, that's not what I'm saying at all. A hateable character and a character in the wrong are two completely different things. Of course all the characters who are supposed to learn something are in the wrong, but that doesn't make them immediately hateables. I mean, would you say that Moondancer was hateable? Because I certainly wouldn't say it.
So why can't you make a character hateable AND in the wrong? Different types of people exist.
Plus, quite frankly, people acting like Zephyr are usually quite annoying and insufferable.
>>
>>29961885
> Defending Jim

I bet you keep asking him about your shipping headcanon to see if he can make it real, anon.
>>
>>29961924
>DEFENDING BATMAN v SUPERMAN
>>
>>29961935
Thanks for confirming you are one of the virgin shippers who's always pestering Jim about LyraBon or Starlight and Starburst, anon.

That's sad, using a cartoon for little girls to feel like you have a girlfriend by proxy.
>>
>>29961935
I'm different anon, but you're not being constructive.
>I assume BvS being terrible is an obvious fact, so I'm gonna hint at its defenders as retards without making actual points
is no different from
>I assume God existing is an obvious fact, so I'm gonna hint at atheists as retards without making actual points

Also, to prevent false flagging, I didn't like BvS much either, but once again, you really aren't being constructive.
>>
>>29961960
Bitch, you think I'm a shipper because I despised Zack Snyder's cinematic abortion?
>>
>>29961695
>adults are only kids grown up, anyway
This is just stupid.
This is the same as saying
>birds are only dinosaurs but smaller and with more feathers, anyway
It may be true, but this is exactly why they are NOT the same thing and are being treated differently.
>>
>>29961979
Haha, you ARE a shipper!
>>
File: bait derpy.gif (132KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
bait derpy.gif
132KB, 750x750px
>>29961980

You can not be that ignorant.
>>
>>29961910
My subjective biased view is applied to this episode because this episode does a fucking terrible job at sending the message. Anyway, let me go with this.
>Yes, it was relatable for me too and I think it's one of the subtler moments of Discord being smart.
Now ask literally anyone on this board what was the message of the episode, I'll be surprised if you find two people who agree with you about what was the message that the episode sent. It sent a message for you because it was relatable for you. Your subjective biased way assumes that the episode successfully transmits the message that you recognize as the episode's intention, but that doesn't mean that the episode actually sent that message. To be hones, I'd say that What About Discord? didn't send any message at all.
Wait, hell, I forgot the classic example, what about the message of Feeling Pinkie Keen? If you asked in any thread, half of the people would say you that the message of the episode was something completely unrelated to the real message of the episode. That's my point, the message an episode sends isn't always the episode it's supposed to send. And sure as fuck, Flutter Brutter didn't send the message it was supposed to send.
>>
>>29962001
Worse, he's a Jim supporter.
>>
>>29961985
And you suck Zack Snyder's dick
>>
>>29962001
What? Are you denying the fact that birds ascended from dinosaurs?
>>
>>29962011
I can't help but notice you haven't denied being a Jim supporter.
>>
>>29961980
Walt Disney meant that you should make movies that all ages could enjoy.

Hence why a film like Zootopia or How To Train Your Dragon is superior to Boss Baby or Smurfs: the Lost Village
>>
>>29962004
>a fucking terrible job at sending the message.
It's really just circular reasoning.
This episode sends a 'bad message' > this episode does a terrible job at sending a 'good message'> this episode sends a 'bad message'

Plus all of your examples are based on subjective biased views. If a person doesn't want to analyze an episode and doesn't see a message for whatever reason, I can't really argue with their perception. But I can argue if a person ignores the concept of Author's Death and thinks they know for sure what is the 'REAL" message of the episode. Do you realize this is just unreasanobly putting yourself above everybody else as if you're that Special Chosen One that for some reason sees the 'REAL' message? There's no 'REAL' message, there are only different subjective messages different people see. Including the author.
>>
>>29962054
And this is how a Jimbecile thinks, my dear Anons.
>>
File: IMG_1415.jpg (49KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1415.jpg
49KB, 600x337px
>>29962027
Because I don't need to deny it if I was never it to begin with.

No, I don't like Jim Miller. He's a condescending schmuck. But I also don't like you entitled turds who antagonize him for the lulz.
>>
>>29962057
Find your place.
>>
>>29962054
I don't know if what I'm trying to say doesn't work the same in English, and that's why I'm failing to explain myself. Maybe "the message it sends" is an inaccurate translation, but then again, I think that Feeling Pinkie Keen is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. Even if you realize what the original message was, it's not hard to see how it almost /looks like/ the message that is actually in the episode is a completely different one.
>If a person doesn't want to analyze an episode and doesn't see a message for whatever reason
It's not about "not wanting to analyze" anything, it's about a poorly delivered message. I'm not saying "oh, I can't find the message, I don't understand the episode, it's too complex for me and I'm misinterpreting it", I'm saying that the message could have been delivered in a much better way. I'm saying that the episode is so fucking terribly done that it almost looks like they were trying to say "if you haven't succeeded, it's because you haven't tried" rather than "if you don't try, you'll never know if you can succeed."
>unreasanobly putting yourself above everybody else
I'm not the one who started saying that people with different tastes have shit tastes. However, I've been told in this very thread that if I don't like that fucking piece of shit that Flutter Brutter is, I have shit taste. Just to let it clear, I do think that Flutter Brutter is awful, but I don't think that people who like it have shit taste, because they can enjoy it for completely different reasons (such as a personal experience that makes it relatable or whatever).
>There's no 'REAL' message, there are only different subjective messages different people see
Yes?
>>
File: 1493191521718.gif (27KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493191521718.gif
27KB, 300x250px
I like to think that in threads like these, Lauren, Jim and other members of staff are actually here, arguing anonymously
>>
>>29962068
> le ebin screencap meme because you can't think of anything else
>>
>>29962167
Why would I? You still haven't found your place.
>>
>>29962146
The jig is up.
Larson, AWAY!!!
>>
>>29962146
Shut up Larson.
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>29962167
>meme because you can't think of anything else
>>29962057
>>
>>29962135
I suppose we should agree to disagree because we're basically talking about subjective perception and interpretation now and arguing about that isn't really going to bring any results.
>>
>>29962199
Well, not with THAT attitude...
>>
>>29962178
My place is on top of your mom.
>>
>>29962193
Why would I? You still haven't found your place.
>>
>>29962199
Fine by me.
>>
>>29962217
>ad hominem
LOL
>>29962211
It could only bring any results if both sides are willing to potentially change their perception of works of fiction after the debate. I don't think that's the case here.
>>
>>29962227
I can't help but notice you haven't denied I fucked your mom.
>>
>>29962270
Not an argument.
>>
>>29962275
Not going to argue I fucked your mom, then. OK.

Accepting you are a literal son of a bitch is the first step for recovery, anon. Maybe someday you could even get a real girlfriend so you could stop masturbating to cartoon ponuts as well!
>>
File: Dire.png (90KB, 852x652px) Image search: [Google]
Dire.png
90KB, 852x652px
>>29954268
>Now it's pop culture references in every episode
>Now
>>
>>29962270
>>29962300
>more ad hominem
LOL
>>
>>29961728
>it's a "someone who's never made anything original in his entire life criticizes others for not enjoying getting their work shat on" poster
>>
>>29962559
So you can't have an opinion now?
>>
>>29962570
No.
>>
>>29962570
simply epic
>>
>>29962570
you never could.
>>
>>29962610
>>29962616
>>29962620
but why live in a world where you cant have opinion? why havent you all killed yourselves i dont get it
>>
>>29962629
>implying we haven't
>>
>>29962629
You can't kill what's already dead.
>>
>>29962570
You can have an opinion as long yuou support the show by purchasing the DVDS and toys.

Otherwise you are just an autistic loser complaining about his free entertainment.
>>
File: ЭДЖИ.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
ЭДЖИ.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
>>29962636
>>
>>29962643
unironically this
>>
I don't know. I didn't get this overwhelming feeling of "this is too predictable and makes me feel like a retard watching it" up until, like, season 3 -ish.

And I do not feel earlier episodes were just too "sophisticated" and went over 6 year old's heads all the time or whatever.

You know, the other day I watched Gift of Maud Pie. For the first time, seriously just a couple of days ago. Because frankly I can't be assed to watch the show much anymore. And there was this bit where Rarity / Maud go on to say something and then Pinkie goes "but it's not gonna be as exciting / awesome / surprising as my surprise for Maud!".

And then they basically show that scene again with a different setting and slightly altered choice of words. Rarity says something, yadda yadda this is great or whatever, and then Pinkie goes "but not as great as my gift for Maud!", something along those lines.

And then they do the same scene a third time in a row. Literally the same thing, Rarity says something, but now they're no longer in a cafe but in a clothing store or whatever, and Pinkie blurts out "oh yeah but you know what's gonna be even better, my gift for my sister Maud!"

I don't even know why I'm explaining this. I take it you know which scenes I'm talking about. I take it I'm still the minority in that shitposting about the show is more fun to me than actually watching it at this point.

It's like, I don't know. I just don't fucking know. Is this what 6 year olds want? Do you need to do the same thing THREE TIMES in order to make it "easy to digest"? Kids can be retarded fucks but you don't need to tell them things three times to get something across. I don't know if like the repitition makes it funny or whatever but it honestly wasn't even presented in a particularly funny light. I just don't know. The show has changed in a way that I refuse to believe makes 6 year olds cry tears of joy
>>
>>29962707
Show me your licensed MLP merch and then we will see if you have earned the right to have an opinion, hater.
>>
>the show is for little kids
>therefore it should be dumb

This is why you will remain a fucking virgin forever. You should not be allowed to have children.
>>
>>29962758
I spent like 2 thousand bucks on the ccg
>>
>>29951643

He isn't wrong on the idea that the intended audience isn't often going to care about the richness of the plot, however he is wrong in the idea that a well written mature show would be disliked by a younger audience. Cartoons and children's media have a wonderful history of beautifully written stories that are as complex as Alice in Wonderland, or written by distinguished adult authors such as A. A Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh. The idea that Children's media should disregard good writing because "kids are dumb and don't care" is not only blatantly dismissive to the audience, but is also ignorant of a vast literary tradition of children's story telling
Nextly, the idea that just because the show is intended for children, doesn't change the fact that is does have a large demographic of adult watchers. Even if we disregard the bronies, we still have to admit that parents and guardians will be forced into the position of watching the show with their children. If the ONLY motivation for writing the show is to shill the most ads and toys, then the writers should probably write something that adults can appreciate and maybe even want to watch with their kids.
Lastly I'd like to point out that a good peace of art, or literature, or media should recognize it's audience, but not exclusively exist to serve an audience. Any good writer should want to make something that they like, something that inspires them to create beautiful content, if the writers of MLP are just sitting around a table strategically figuring out the technically best way to fellate the audience then this show wouldn't have been as good as it has been because it would feel like propaganda rather than art. This was a more generalized last point, and I understand that they have a job to do for their corporate overlords. But, the reason this show has been so good, the reason great works of art and media have spawned such a wealthy industry, has been because they were something the creator enjoyed.
>>
>>29962707
Srsly? Name one unpredictable episode of MLP.
>>
>>29962775
Show me.
>>29962780
He's not wrong at all.
>>
>>29962780
rumors of jim using the "its a show for children so he doesnt care about quality" were greatly exaggerated. even in his open letter he stated otherwise.

funny enough the fags pushing that narrative did so using the same fake news tactics you see other sites use where they take a small clip out of context and blow it up and spread it everywhere so that by the time the truth comes out it doesnt matter. now you got a bunch of memefags here who keep echoing what they were told and other memers who actually purposely post his caps out of context. i know because i watched it happen live in a thread and i still see the cap being posted.

tdlr; jim cares about show quality.
>>
He's not wrong, even in the slightest. Notice nobody said anything when Theissen in 2012 said, "we want people to like the show for what it is, not what it can be"
>>
>>29962878
Because Theissen isn't a rude balding old fart with an E-Celebrity complex, just sayin'...
>>
>>29951643
>I'm not going to try to tell a good story because it's for kids

>Who is Faust
>Who is Genndy
>Who is every creative mind that is better than Jim
>>
>>2996344
>just sayin'
You must be 18 to use this site.
>>
>>29964923
You must not be a shill as well.
>>
>>29965046
Fuck off back to Gymboree, kid
>>
>>29954508
>Its funny how at this point, much like children, the adult fans are having more fun "playing pretend" with their pony toys (read: fan content) than actually enjoying the show.
It's almost like the show acts as a stimulant to the viewers' imaginations regarding what they want to do with the characters and setting, and nothing on the show even matters in real life.
>>
>>29965304
Or it's as if the show had degraded so much that the extended audience decided to imagine their own adventures and create it's own content because the official content sucks.
Just sayin'...
>>
File: 1417115379034.png (261KB, 594x379px) Image search: [Google]
1417115379034.png
261KB, 594x379px
>29951643
no (You) for (You)
>>
>>29965304
It's almost like bronies are unhealthy people who must avoid life with fantasy
>>
>>29966515
This, basically.
Like for example, not having the balls to admit they love a decadent cartoon for little girls and so they try to defend the show and it's staff to pretend they aren't faggots and everything is everyone else's fault.
>>
>>29962826
>He's not wrong at all.
Lie.
>>
>>29966608
>>29966515
Shut up, Ghost
>>
>>29968187
This is a reply.
>>
File: [autistic screeching].jpg (27KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
[autistic screeching].jpg
27KB, 312x312px
>>29966515
>>29966608
>>
File: 1poster.png (119KB, 929x509px) Image search: [Google]
1poster.png
119KB, 929x509px
Daily reminder that if you hate something due some argument you're being fooled by barneyfag.
>>
Why are you all such faggots?
>>
>>29968517
Are you asking for a reply that allows you to fit in?
>>
>>29968490
wuuut
>>
>>29969968
Just a shill trying to falseflag opinions he dislikes.
Ignore him, like all women do.
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.