[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone stop coming to this board regularly because it isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: 1463863419947.png (1MB, 1360x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1463863419947.png
1MB, 1360x1012px
Anyone stop coming to this board regularly because it isn't fun anymore? All of the shitposting and attempts at angering people/pushing opinions has really turned me off from even coming here daily.

Like, how much can you fucking bitch about the same characters or episodes over and over again? And even if you like doing it, why does every thread have to fucking know about it?
>>
>>29923102
There is virtually nothing but generals and trash. It's only really worth coming back to stay caught up on news and least vaguely and whatever character/fetish generals you like.
>>
I feel the same way. I've been visiting /tg/, /co/, and fucking /b/ more than this shithole. Even /b/ is more pleasant than modern /mlp/.
>>
>>29923102
This board is a shell of its former self.EqDfags and redditfags took over a long time ago.I'd go just about anywhere else other then this cancer hole, but theres no where to go.
>>
>>29923102
Mlpol.net is a good substitute if you want.
>>
>>29923189
fuck off
>>
>>29923102
>Like, how much can you fucking bitch about the same characters or episodes over and over again?
Y'know I don't know. Maybe if Vogel had a brain and decided to end this zombie series years ago, we wouldn't have this problem!
>>
If this place required usernames, I would filter out the niggers that constantly complain about Glimmer or EQG. Fucking annoying as fuck.
>>
>>29923102
So you're saying that we should just cave in and shovel shit into our mouths without giving any criticism at all nor having a unique opinion?
What a reddit thing to say.
>>
>>29923102

Make /mlp/ a red board. It couldn't possibly make it any worse than it already is. Might even push out some of the shittier generals.
>>
>>29923198
Well golly gee wiz, maybe if you didn't shill literal fucking garbage that's killing the series that everyone comes to this board for you wouldn't have to be bitched at so much
>>
>>29923198
If this place required usernames, it would be fundamentally different and probably inherently be a worse system for facilitating conversation.

That's 4chan in general. This system is better than persistent usernames that tumblr folk think means anonymity or using real names like facebook or twitter. I mean, this isn't a social media site like pretty much any that use a real name. It's actually more like a chatroom than anything.
>>
File: let go.png (41KB, 698x592px) Image search: [Google]
let go.png
41KB, 698x592px
>>29923102
I just don't enjoy the show or this board as much as I used to. Mostly come here on the weekends during new episodes now. Not too hyped for this season since I read the first eight descriptions. Maybe the movie will be pretty good, but after that, I think I might be able to do something I never thought was possible: get off the ride.
>>
>>29923102
EQG and Glimmer split the fandom in half
>>
>>29923226
In places with persistent user names, you can basically dox people and never let them live anything down.
>>
>>29923238
>He wants to dox people because they insult his waifu

Glimmerfags everyone.
>>
>>29923416
>He wants to dox people because they like what he doesn't

Anti-Glim autists, everyone
>>
Whatever, was always like this. Take off your nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>29923475
What the fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about that you fucking Idiot.Stop putting words in my mouth.
>>
>>29923102
What exactly would you prefer we do?

>because it isn't fun anymore?
What do you mean by this? What would be fun to you?
>>
File: 1488230458844.jpg (81KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
1488230458844.jpg
81KB, 1024x740px
>>29923487
Exactly how many layers of irony are you on my dude?
>>
>>29923226
I disagree, I think 4chan would be infinitely better with usernames. It would mean that users would take responsibility for their own posts and maybe they would put more thought and effort into it.
>>
>>29923521
Fuck off redditfag.
>>
>>29923521
People wouldn't funpost as much because they could be remembered for it, but they also would be discouraged from posting unpopular opinions etc. etc. and that is the death of conversation.
>>
>>29923416
This entire post is retarded. he doesn't want to hurt anybody, he was saying it was possible. and nobody reference Starlight at all.

OP is right. This place in slipping.
>>
>>29923521
I don't agree with accounts or usernames, but I think implementing poster IDs on every board would prevent falseflagging and bring up quality
>>
>>29923502
None, I never said anything about that.You're making baseless assumptions.
>>
>>29923546
>People wouldn't funpost as much
Whats wrong with being remembered for doing something fun? can you give an example?

>be discouraged from posting unpopular opinion
Wait why? People only judge you on the quality of your post, not the quality of your opinion, no?
>>
>>29923570
>People only judge you on the quality of your post, not the quality of your opinion, no?
No. People are awful and assume anything they don't already agree with is terrible and should be removed. Hence the 20 Starlight Glimmer threads up and all of the guff in them.

funpost was a censor. I don't curse. I'm a nigger.
>>
>>29923560
I think that was the point. You baselessly assumed a whole lot in >>29923416 as pointed out by >>29923553, and he was doing the same back.
>>
>>29923502
Next you're going to say that you were only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>29923102
Yeah, I try to enjoy the new episodes and keep track of the few generals I like. The rest of the board is just constant complaining without actually wanting to do anything about it.
>>
>>29923646
>The rest of the board is just constant complaining without actually wanting to do anything about it.
Basically. If two anons discover that they don't agree with each other 100%, suddenly they both decide that the other one is an objectively horrible person. You can't get 10 posts into any thread without a "you like/dislike <character>; your opinion is not valid". Like you can tell everything about someone by which cartoon horse they like. We joke about autism on the board, but I'm pretty sure a sizable portion of the anons on this board are on the spectrum.
>>
>>29923669
Isn't that how it is on every board, though?
Like if you go on /v/ and post that you like a game/platform that someone else doesn't then you'll probably get into a similar argument
>>
>>29923595
>People are awful and assume anything they don't already agree with is terrible and should be removed
Those people exist, sure. But do you really think that thats the majority of the users? Its probably a really small percentage.

>Hence the 20 Starlight Glimmer threads up and all of the guff in them.
This is a bad example. Almost everyone unanimously agrees that glim glam is a mary sue and mediocre character forced into the show. The people who start those threads are just doing it at as bait.
>>
Nah, checking the catalog and stuff today, the board's fine, quality-wise. Generals don't really matter.

The reason I stopped regularly browsing for so long and intend to leave after I'm done with my current threads is that I'm a very sensitive lover, and that no matter how much I "deal with it", it always seeds bad feelings in me and ends up very badly when I see shipping, or really anything mean about her. This isn't something that frequent exposure will make me immune to, I've been here since 2012 and it only gets worse every time I get depressed over it. So yeah. Board's fine, the few threads I checked out today had some nice people. I'm leaving because I'm a pussy.
>>
>>29923717
>Its probably a really small percentage.
But most sensible people just lurk. There are studies about this, actually. Hold. Drift0r has them cited somewhere but god I don't know what video it was on. Almost universally, the quality of a human goes lurker>possitive poster>negative poster. The second two might actually be switched.

>The people who start those threads are just doing it at as bait
That was my point, actually. The fact that posting a thread about a character works as bait and is therefore used as one.

>Almost everyone unanimously agrees that glim glam is a mary sue and mediocre character forced into the show.
That's probably less true than you think, friend. You seem like a reasonable guy,, but unanimous is a strong word, even when preceded with "almost." I'd wager that it's at most a minority that have negative fealings towards her at all.>>29919280
>>
>>29923669
Agreed. It was mostly a joke in the younger days of the board, then it started to become real around 2013-15, now it's GENUINE hate and disgust for people based on which aspects of a little girl's toy commercial they approve of.

>>29923698
But /v/ has a very broad spectrum of content, subjects and variety.

While /mlp/ is much more narrow and condensed, making it harder to enjoy this board without running into the same repeating problems and complaints over and over.
>>
>>29923730
>I'm a very sensitive lover, and that no matter how much I "deal with it", it always seeds bad feelings in me and ends up very badly when I see shipping, or really anything mean about her. This isn't something that frequent exposure will make me immune to, I've been here since 2012 and it only gets worse every time I get depressed over it. So yeah. Board's fine, the few threads I checked out today had some nice people. I'm leaving because I'm a pussy.

Grow some thicker skin anon.People insult my waifu all the time, and it doesn't bother me anymore.Stop caring so much what others think, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that you love her and what she means to you.You'll be better for it.
>>
>>29923102
Bully-proof windows, Troll-safe doors…
>>
>>29923131
The thing about the general threads is if they weren't there people would probably demand there be one.

The real problem is the fact certain subjects get spammed in spite of it.
>>
>>29923484
In a way I have to agree. The decline of the franchise itself has to be to blame in some degree. If it wasn't then people would just tell all the contrarians to fuck off. They don't because there is a modicum of truth to it.
>>
>>29923546
I think the problem with allowing people to post unpopular opinions is that it encourages the most active to insist their shitty and unpopular opinions are actually held by the majority. Such as that EqG is "literal dog shit", or anything past season 2 is "literal dog shit", or that Glimmer is a bad character, or that Twilight becoming an alicorn was a mistake, or that Sunset Shimmer somehow isn't literally the best character in the franchise.

Watch as several desperate vocal minorityfags try to insist than any of these opinions are held by the majority and project that me getting several responses from them proves their actually false claim. More passive are the sensible and rational people who don't need to insist everyone else thinks the same as them to be comfortable with their own opinions.
>>
>>29925236
>the problem with allowing people to post unpopular opinions
That hardly can be a problem. It's absolutely irrelevant if someone thinks that his opinion is a popular opinion, or if he's the only one with that specific opinion, the real problem is always the people who need to force the rest of the world to have the same opinions. And those people are everywhere.

"I didn't like All Bottled Up"
>"Everyone else liked it, look at the polls"
"I don't care, I still don't like it"
>"Then you're wrong and you're stupid because clearly you didn't understand the episode"

That's pure cancer, even to defend the "popular" opinion.
>>
>>29926439
>the real problem is always the people who need to force the rest of the world to have the same opinions. And those people are everywhere.
You're right, retards that come to a board dedicated to a show they don't like/don't like anymore to tell people they're wrong for liking this show the board is dedicated to sure are the real cancer of the board :^)
>>
>>29926789
Case in point.
>>
>>29926939
>n-no U!
Not an argument.
>>
>>29927433
Who hurt you, Anon?
>>
>>29927520
my father
>>
>>29923102
>Throwing a tantrum because of different opinions.
You leaving would improve the board.
>>
>>29928931
Not everyone here can choose to leave, Anon. For the autistic among us it becomes a habit. An addiction. And they have to get their pony fix somehow, even if it means dealing with things they don't like along the way.
>>
>>29928942
If you're wary about coming here because people tell you an episode is shit like today's stay the hell out.
>>
>>29923102
Years ago.
I'll pop back in every season premier & finale, and for some reason I've stuck around this time. Got some genuinely insightful lore discussion going last night.
Maybe it's just because my brother got back on the ride during hiatus. Fir the first time since S4 pone's become a relevant topic IRL again.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 153x136px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 153x136px
>>29923194
>this zombie series
nigga its literally the opposite
It's the constant growth & change that y'all constantly bitch about. The S1 copy-paste you fuckers want would be zombie mulp, and thank god it ain't a reality.
>>
>>29928931
Funnily enough that probably plays a part in why /mlp/'s so much more tolerable now.
A lot of the GIN WUN autists have had enough & fucked off.
>>
>>29929085
S1-S3 (MMC excluding) Faust masterpiece
S4-S5 The Twilight Show
S6-S7 The Glim Glammer show

it ain't much better
>>
>>29929106
>G1 autists.
Those existed?
>>
>>29929197
We call them genwunners but they're really in it for Season 1, and they are taking to the streets to be the next Jehovah's Witnesses, spreading Faust's word to all corners of /mlp/ by knocking on threads.
>>
>>29923102
There's nothing on this board other than generals and human content. Literally 60%+ is human content on this board. That's why I don't come anymore. That's what ruined this fandom.

Surprise... human posters don't like ponies. What did you expect to read here after everyone else has been pushed out?

Today's been a brief respite, but you don't even know the least of what is going on here.
>>
>>29929085
THIS

>>29929147
>S4-S5 The Twilight Show
>S6-S7 The Glim Glammer show

WTF are you even on about?
>>
>>29929147
S1-4 Twilight
S5-8 Starlight
S9-12 ??? etc..
screencap dis vogel is my spirit animal
>>
>>29923102
I just make sure not to come here if I'm in a bad mood. /mlp/ isn't a good place for those on the verge of depression. It's fine if you're feeling well and know what to expect.
>>
File: 1472672093286.jpg (240KB, 912x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472672093286.jpg
240KB, 912x1024px
Lost its charm and comfyness a little while ago for me. Still come here, but rarely stay.

I just want a place to talk about the show and post some one-off green/loods
>>
OP here. I just have become so numb to the board as well as the world around me that I realized nothing really is a big deal. I made some good friends on here and that is really what it is all about, right?
>>
>>29929893
>making friends
>anonymous imageboard
Even when writefagging with a trip, never got to know anyone. Teach me the ways of the horse, anon.
>>
>>29929925
Not him, but I connected with someone nearby in a map thread a year or so ago who turned out super chill. Maybe start there the next time a map thread is up?
>>
>>29929925
Also not him, but I just popped into a random IRC a couple years ago and started talking to people from here.
>>
>>29923102
Tell me about it. Even RGRE thread are keep angering people and piss other guy.
>>
File: Just why.png (402KB, 541x846px) Image search: [Google]
Just why.png
402KB, 541x846px
>>29930067
>Tfw went to that same map thread
>Saw someone who were like 30 minutes away
>Called on thread but got no answer
Thanks for the reminder, i ll just get off the internet for a while...
>>
>>29928942
Thank fuck I'm not that.

I linger around the board because I watch MLP but if I got sick of the show I sure as hell wouldn't come here.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.gif (185KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.gif
185KB, 1000x673px
>>29928942
>Literally me
I need help
>>
>>29923102
Yeah. I come here on episode day, but that's about it. Too much regurgitated content.
>>
File: 1488940697121.jpg (117KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488940697121.jpg
117KB, 1280x960px
>>29930769
Relax. You're among friends. But seriously, how do we overcome our addictons? Is there a /mlp/oholics Anonymous yet?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.